Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - robertlaing - 2022-01-04

Hi Bart,

Thank you so much for your reply, and for all your hard work.
It is very much appreciated.

I have downloaded your changes and tested them, and I am thrilled with what you have done!

1. I am now able to scrape using The Movie Database Python, and use the ONLINE TMDB INFO button perfectly.

2. I enabled the use of embuary helper and tmdb helper addon in the skin settings, and set Show Only Local Info and Search only Local Library to No in the skin settings as you advised, and this now works as you said it would.

3. I understand what you have said about local searches, so thank you for explaining that. One question I have is when I am in the local search and hold down to choose see information for a chosen movie, the movie info then comes up. When I then press to return is there any way that I could return to my list of movies in the local search I have done rather than end up right out at the very beginning at the movie list?

4. Thank you so much for the changes when on a music playlist, it looks great! I only have one small favour to ask! When in a playlist such as the party mode, would you be able to put the name of the artist under the album image (just like it is in your first photo above when in the album list)?

5. The change to the playlist box to translucent is brilliant!

Once again, thank you so very much for all the hard work. Your skin is a pleasure to use!

Kind regards,
Robert.

Hi Bart, 

P.S Just realised that when in a music playlist, such as the party mode, when I hold down the button to get the option of which player to use, I find that I cannot get the music to play via the videoplayer. This choice works everywhere else, such as when I go straight into the album.

Thanks and kind regards,
Robert.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - bsoriano - 2022-01-04

(2022-01-04, 15:11)robertlaing Wrote: P.S Just realised that when in a music playlist, such as the party mode, when I hold down the button to get the option of which player to use, I find that I cannot get the music to play via the videoplayer. This choice works everywhere else, such as when I go straight into the album.

@robertlaing , as far as I know, this is not something I can fix from the skin, as the skin does not control what appears when you choose "Play Using".  Does this work if you use the default skin Estuary?

(2022-01-04, 14:16)robertlaing Wrote: 3. I understand what you have said about local searches, so thank you for explaining that. One question I have is when I am in the local search and hold down to choose see information for a chosen movie, the movie info then comes up. When I then press to return is there any way that I could return to my list of movies in the local search I have done rather than end up right out at the very beginning at the movie list?

4. Thank you so much for the changes when on a music playlist, it looks great! I only have one small favour to ask! When in a playlist such as the party mode, would you be able to put the name of the artist under the album image (just like it is in your first photo above when in the album list)?
@robertlaing , I will not be changing the behavior you state in point 3.  I have tested many ways of doing this without any addons, and I have not been able to come up with any that work consistently for me.

As for 4, I just added this.  The changes are already on GitHub.  Please use the same procedure to download and test.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart,

Thank you once again for your help and hard work.

Regarding the videoplayer, in all honesty I never tried to play a song with this from the party mode in the Estuary skin. It's not really important to me to be honest, just something I thought I would point out as I came across it!

Point 3 - thanks again for explaining Bart, again it's not a huge issue!

Point 4 - thanks so much - it looks great!

Kind regards,
Robert.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Joeyrub - 2022-01-04

Hey Bart
I noticed a little bug. In the Channels Page, it shows the whole list of views available, List, Low list, Tall list, etc etc. So I got excited seeing this list of views thinking it would be great to change it to a Panel view maybe. But when I try to select any view from the list, nothing happens, it just flashes and sets it back to regular list as the option selected. And the view of the page doesn't change at all.
Now on the the Search page, I checked, there it doesn't show any options for views, which makes sense cause you mentioned that would be next... So it should be like this on the channel page too. Or better yet the options should work and leave it.
Hehe.
Just wanted to mention it.
Thanks Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - bsoriano - 2022-01-04

(2022-01-04, 20:59)Joeyrub Wrote: Hey Bart
I noticed a little bug. In the Channels Page, it shows the whole list of views available, List, Low list, Tall list, etc etc. So I got excited seeing this list of views thinking it would be great to change it to a Panel view maybe. But when I try to select any view from the list, nothing happens, it just flashes and sets it back to regular list as the option selected. And the view of the page doesn't change at all.
Now on the the Search page, I checked, there it doesn't show any options for views, which makes sense cause you mentioned that would be next... So it should be like this on the channel page too. Or better yet the options should work and leave it.
Hehe.
Just wanted to mention it.
Thanks Bart

@Joeyrub , thanks for the feedback.  I will be working on the Channels page also.  Both (Channels and Search) should be ready by tomorrow.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Joeyrub , I was able to finish sooner than expected.  The changes are already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - robertlaing - 2022-01-05

Hi Bart,

With respect I would just like to ask you about one of the changes you kindly made for me.

It concerns the album name above the album image when being in the playlist (such as the party mode). I have noticed that if the album name is long it scrolls.
However, when I click straight into an album from the album list, the album name, when it is long, sits nicely along two lines.
I wonder if you could kindly change the scroll method in the playlist view (such as when in the party mode) for the album name to make it static as it is in the normal album view.

Many thanks Bart for all your hard work.

Kind regards,
Robert.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - bsoriano - 2022-01-05

(2022-01-05, 13:50)robertlaing Wrote: I wonder if you could kindly change the scroll method in the playlist view (such as when in the party mode) for the album name to make it static as it is in the normal album view.

@robertlaing , of course.  Done.  The changes are already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - robertlaing - 2022-01-05

Hi Bart,

Thank you so very much for looking into this so quickly, I am very appreciative of your time.

I have tested your change and it looks great!

Thanks once again.

Kind regards,
Robert.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - robertlaing - 2022-01-06

Hi Bart,

I wonder if you could take a look at this I have noticed please?

I have been trying out different fonts and like choice 2 default (no caps).

However, I have noticed that when using default (no caps) when I have been in the movie or actor information pages, the font underneath the actors photos is really big compared to the font when using all the other font choices.
This means that the actor's name cannot fit in as it does in all other font choices.

I wonder if you wouldn't mind taking a look for me and seeing of you could remedy this?

As ever, kind regards,
Robert.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - bsoriano - 2022-01-06

(2022-01-06, 00:01)robertlaing Wrote: However, I have noticed that when using default (no caps) when I have been in the movie or actor information pages, the font underneath the actors photos is really big compared to the font when using all the other font choices.
This means that the actor's name cannot fit in as it does in all other font choices.

I wonder if you wouldn't mind taking a look for me and seeing of you could remedy this?

@robertlaing , thank you for reporting this.  There was a missing font definition for "Default (no caps)".  I just fixed this on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - robertlaing - 2022-01-06

Hi Bart,

Have tested, and it's great!

Thanks for your help once again.

Kind regards,
Robert.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - shedrock - 2022-01-06

Hi Bart,

I am not sure if you forgot, but I did. Remember when I mentioned a few week back regarding the the TV  episodes being just black when you press "I"nfo on them? You said you were going to look into it. Maybe you can just have rotating fanart, or for that matter the poster blur? I just though I would remind you, because I saw it in my notes. It's not a rush, so no stress.

Cheers,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - fsurfer - 2022-01-07

Hi Bart,

using Amber-Leia and the Ultra Compact player, which is perfect for my mainly subbed Anime collection

is it possible to show additional pieces of information on the Ultra Compact player?

The season and episode number, of the episode being watched when you press 'I'

When you link a film to a tv-series - the description, at moment only has a scrolling title and an empty box.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Joeyrub - 2022-01-07

(2022-01-04, 22:11)bsoriano Wrote: EDIT: @Joeyrub , I was able to finish sooner than expected.  The changes are already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Hey Bart. Thanks for finishing those. Sorry I didn't see it till now (I wish I got notifications for new posts here!)
I'll download n test right now.
Thanks again