Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - jdig4240 - 2022-01-12

(2022-01-12, 02:42)chrissxuk Wrote:
(2022-01-11, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote: @chrissxuk , there must be some issue with your system.  The Amber repos are all working correctly, as far as I can test.

Regards,

Bart
I am not sure what you mean by something wrong with my system it's an Xbox with a clean install of Kodi it only has your Skin which worked perfectly when taken from the Kodi repo but there are some enhancements not in the Kodi repo that I quite like. All I did was install Kodi then the mjh fix then your repo but Amber will not update from your repo. I'm not sure what else I can do other than try from scratch again.
Xbox still has many issues with 19.3, hopefully 19.4 will fix many of these. But how about you install the latest skin from Github and put it on a flash drive and put in in the Xbox and install from zip that way?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - chrissxuk - 2022-01-12

(2022-01-12, 08:12)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2022-01-11, 22:44)bsoriano Wrote: @chrissxuk , there must be some issue with your system.  The Amber repos are all working correctly, as far as I can test.

Regards,

Bart
I am not sure what you mean by something wrong with my system it's an Xbox with a clean install of Kodi it only has your Skin which worked perfectly when taken from the Kodi repo but there are some enhancements not in the Kodi repo that I quite like. All I did was install Kodi then the mjh fix then your repo but Amber will not update from your repo. I'm not sure what else I can do other than try from scratch again.
Xbox still has many issues with 19.3, hopefully 19.4 will fix many of these. But how about you install the latest skin from Github and put it on a flash drive and put in in the Xbox and install from zip that way?
That's exactly what I did the Amber repo is installed but the skin won't install from the Amber repo only from the Kodi repo.

(2022-01-12, 08:12)jdig4240 Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
I just tried again and this time after trying to install the screen just went immediately black but I left it for a while then when I returned it had installed 👍 It just appears to take a ridiculously long time to do considering everything else has installed so quick. As you say Xbox still has issues but there is a reason I wanted to use it.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - robertlaing - 2022-01-12

Hi Bart,

Thanks for taking time to explain the extras button to me, I totally understand what you are saying about leaving it how it is.

One other thing I wanted to ask you about regards the way in which the time is shown for movies, tv shows and music.

I wonder if you could look at this for me, as I am strugling with the consistency of the way in which it appears.

My question refers to the option in skin settings called Show Duration In Hours And Minutes.

(For clarity can I just add that I use the fanart view for my movie list, and in particular the netflix style).

So, when I have NO selected in the Show Duration In Hours And Minutes option the times shown looks as follows:

On the movie list (in fanart/netflix style) - 103min
In movie information page - 01:43:45Minutes

In TV episodes - 01:43:45Minutes

In music (in album inof (song list) and playlists such as party mode) - 4:12

I was wondering if you could either make the time shown on the movie information page and the TV episodes page the same as the main page in the Netflix style (ie: shown in total mins such as the above 103min) or to remove the word minutes from the 01:43:45Minutes format and use this revised format on the netflix style page so that the times are consistent? I just find the word 'minutes' on the end of the time presented as 01:43:45 a little confusing, and feel it would look better by losing the word 'minutes'.  What do you think?

The times as displayed in the music (4:12) is perfect when I select NO, NO selected in the Show Duration In Hours And Minutes option.

However, when i choose the YES option in the Show Duration In Hours And Minutes, the times display as such:

On the movie list (in fanart/netflix style) - 1 Hour, 43 Minutes
In movie information page - 1 Hour, 43 Minutes

In TV episodes - 1 Hour, 43 Minutes

In music album info (song list) - (4 Minutes)

In music playlists such as party mode - 4:12

So, in this option, my worry is the way in which the music time is shown in the album info (song list). Can this please be changed so that the time is always shown as it is in a playlist (such as party mode), as I feel it doesn't look right to round a song up or down to the nearest minute.

Thank you so very much Bart for all the time you spend reading requests and helping out, it is very much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Robert.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - bsoriano - 2022-01-12

(2022-01-12, 01:12)dawsonjw Wrote: Thanks for all the great work on this release. I have however notice a problem with the Live TV guide search window. When you pull up the search guide window the text that is typed into the virtual keyboard shows as black or something close to black on the filter page. You can see it ok on the virtual keyboard page just the page headed Search guide

@dawsonjw , good catch, thanks! I will look into this today.

Regards,

Bart

(2022-01-12, 15:39)robertlaing Wrote: So, in this option, my worry is the way in which the music time is shown in the album info (song list). Can this please be changed so that the time is always shown as it is in a playlist (such as party mode), as I feel it doesn't look right to round a song up or down to the nearest minute.

@robertlaing, thank you for your feedback.  It certainly makes sense to have consistency across the skin, so I will be removing the word "minutes" when show time in hours and minutes is disabled, and I will make sure that the seconds part of any duration is also spelled out when hours and minutes is enabled.  I will be working on this over the next couple of days.

Regards,

Bart

(2022-01-12, 14:08)chrissxuk Wrote: I just tried again and this time after trying to install the screen just went immediately black but I left it for a while then when I returned it had installed 👍 It just appears to take a ridiculously long time to do considering everything else has installed so quick. As you say Xbox still has issues but there is a reason I wanted to use it.

@chrissxuk, I am sorry you have been having issues, but there's nothing I can do about them, since they are not skin issues or skin repo issues.  You can, of course, as mentioned before, install the latest version of the skin from GitHub.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - robertlaing - 2022-01-12

(2022-01-12, 16:56)bsoriano Wrote: @robertlaing, thank you for your feedback.  It certainly makes sense to have consistency across the skin, so I will be removing the word "minutes" when show time in hours and minutes is disabled, and I will make sure that the seconds part of any duration is also spelled out when hours and minutes is enabled.  I will be working on this over the next couple of days.
Hi Bart,

Thanks very much indeed!

Kind regards,
Robert.

(2022-01-12, 16:58)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-12, 14:08)chrissxuk Wrote: I just tried again and this time after trying to install the screen just went immediately black but I left it for a while then when I returned it had installed 👍 It just appears to take a ridiculously long time to do considering everything else has installed so quick. As you say Xbox still has issues but there is a reason I wanted to use it.

@chrissxuk, I am sorry you have been having issues, but there's nothing I can do about them, since they are not skin issues or skin repo issues.  You can, of course, as mentioned before, install the latest version of the skin from GitHub.

Regards,

Bart
I did install the latest version of your skin from Github, well from your repo if that's what you mean. That's where the problem was, installing from the Kodi repo was smooth and quick but installing from your repo was extremely slow making me think it had crashed but eventually it did install. 

Thanks for your reply though, an excellent skin and ongoing enhancements.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - crazyhands911 - 2022-01-12

(2021-12-14, 01:14)bsoriano Wrote: @crazyhands911 , with tmm you can choose the specific art that will download.  You can also let it choose automatically.  I choose myself for each movie/tv show.  You can also choose extrafanart.  One feature that I like is that if there is no fanart (or no thumb for an episode) in any of the online sources, it takes screenshots at various points in the file and you can choose one or more of those as fanart/extrafanart/landscape/thumb.

If in tmm you change the art after you have already scanned the item into your library, you can always do "Refresh" from the video info dialog and Kodi will pickup the new art.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @crazyhands911 , you can also use this working version of AB for Matrix: https://github.com/henryjfry/repository.thenewdiamond/blob/main/zips/script.artwork.beef/script.artwork.beef-0.28.6.zip . I have found it works well for basic functions, like Choose Art and All Art for a media item.
@bsoriano 

Whether using TMM, Artwork Dump or the referenced Artwork Beef that still works with Matrix, does this effect the library export process? On Leia and using AB, when exporting the video library we would choose to export separate files per entry and then choose to export thumbnails and fanart. Using AB prevented the cached images from deteriorating over time from being exported over and over and lowering the image quality. How is this export process handling now in Matrix? Should we no longer export the thumbnails and fanart? I still like to frequently run this process to ensure I have updated .nfo files to track what I've watched, etc. My biggest complaint with AD running after a library update is that it takes forever, especially compared to AB that just did it for the image at time of selection of new art.

(2022-01-12, 17:23)robertlaing Wrote: Hi Bart,

Thanks very much indeed!

Kind regards,
Robert.

@robertlaing , the changes are already on GitHub.  The words "minutes", or "min" have been removed from the duration whenever "Show Duration in Hours and Minutes" is disabled.  Also, I have added a new setting, to show seconds when "Hours and Minutes" is enabled.  You can find the new setting here:

With the new setting enabled, when the duration is less than 1 hour, it will be shown in minutes and seconds, like in this example:

This also applies to songs, as you can see here:

Please test and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2022-01-12, 20:34)crazyhands911 Wrote: Whether using TMM, Artwork Dump or the referenced Artwork Beef that still works with Matrix, does this effect the library export process? On Leia and using AB, when exporting the video library we would choose to export separate files per entry and then choose to export thumbnails and fanart. Using AB prevented the cached images from deteriorating over time from being exported over and over and lowering the image quality. How is this export process handling now in Matrix? Should we no longer export the thumbnails and fanart? I still like to frequently run this process to ensure I have updated .nfo files to track what I've watched, etc. My biggest complaint with AD running after a library update is that it takes forever, especially compared to AB that just did it for the image at time of selection of new art.

@crazyhands911 , I do not think that the export process has changed at all.  If you do export thumbnails and fanart, you will be putting lower quality images in your folders.  In my case, since I do not use any online scrapers, and all of my artwork is local, I do not export thumbnails and fanart, so that I do not overwrite my local artwork with Kodi's lower-quality cached images.

Regards,

Bart

(2022-01-12, 01:12)dawsonjw Wrote: Hi Bart
Thanks for all the great work on this release. I have however notice a problem with the Live TV guide search window. When you pull up the search guide window the text that is typed into the virtual keyboard shows as black or something close to black on the filter page. You can see it ok on the virtual keyboard page just the page headed Search guide

Cheers

John

@dawsonjw , I just fixed this on GitHub (Matrix).  Please test and let me know if it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - dawsonjw - 2022-01-13

(2022-01-12, 16:52)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-12, 01:12)dawsonjw Wrote: Thanks for all the great work on this release. I have however notice a problem with the Live TV guide search window. When you pull up the search guide window the text that is typed into the virtual keyboard shows as black or something close to black on the filter page. You can see it ok on the virtual keyboard page just the page headed Search guide

@dawsonjw , good catch, thanks! I will look into this today.

Regards,

Bart

Hi Bart
Thanks for fixing that. It looks good now. Actually one thing I have noticed about this page which relates to the 3 buttons at the bottom of the page. The Skin Settings button just seems to clear the typing and reset the page back to default. If that is what it is doing probably a more apt title might be Reset to Default or something similar. Just a thought.

Keep up the good work

Cheers

John

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - robertlaing - 2022-01-13

Hi Bart,

That was quick! Thank you so much for all your hard work, I am very appreciative of your time spent on my requests.

I have had a really good test of this, and it's great - it looks so much better with this consistency.

The only problem I have found is that when I go into the Online TMDB Info button and access the TMDB info, the time in here is not consistent with the times shown on the movie info page.

So for instance, if a movie (on the main movie list and the movie info page) shows as 01:23:13 it shows as 01:23:00 on the tmdb info page. I assumed this was due to rounding up or down of the seconds to the nearest minute, but this is not always the case, as I have also seen, for example, 01:34:10 and this shows as 01:35:00 on the tmdb info after pressing the Online TMDB Info button. Hence my assumption of the time shown on the tmdb info was a rounded up or down version is not correct.

Is there anyway you could make the time on the tmdb info page be the same as the main movie list and the movie info page?

Much appreciated, and as ever, many thanks.

Kind regards,
Robert.