Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia - DarrenHill - 2019-05-12

Fair enough Smile

Just thought it looked a little odd to have a larger block in inline format (with the red backgrounding) so wanted to make sure you knew the other options actually existed.

RE: Amber for Leia - bsoriano - 2019-05-12

(2019-05-12, 14:14)Cyberdom Wrote: Thank you @bsoriano for your work on this skin.

(2019-05-11, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote: You can disable menu options without deleting them, and you can choose a single image or multi-image for the background for each menu option.  You can also choose fanart from a video playlist as a multi-image background.
I do not know if it's possible, but I would like to have an option to scroll all the fanarts automatically for the background of the movies and TV Shows menus.
It would also be nice to move the shelf up or down.

(2019-05-11, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote: Would you be willing to trade having up to six shelves as we have right now for having up to two (the two could be shown at the same time, kind of like the Jarvis shelves), but totally customizable, like the menu/submenu? Please let me know your thoughts on this. Thanks.
I don't know, we should see what happens on a screenshot.

@Cyberdom, just to confirm, you would like the option to have random movie fanart as the background for movies, and random tvshow fanart for TV shows? That is doable, I just need to check which addon would be best for this without too much of a performance hit to the skin.

As for the position of the shelf, I am not planning to change that at this time.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-05-12, 22:00)Merwenus Wrote: Just a suggestion.
End of DialogSeekBar.xml. If you Edit like this, you will get more information during PAUSE (series name, episode name, season, episode number etc).
One thing I can't figure out, how to get s01e01 instead of s1e1, maybe someone can help.

https://pastebin.com/p4HtRVuR

Bonus BUG report, on the right side "Remaining" it was "Hátralévő idő" a few weeks ago, everything is hugnarian here except this, no idea why.

Picture for Pause screen and for the language bug, SZÜNET/PAUSE is yellow in the code, changed after screenshot):

@Merwenus, thanks for your feedback, I will look into your suggestion shortly.

As for the "Remaining" label, I will check if this is in the skin strings or the Kodi strings. If it is part of the skin strings, as of right now the only languages that have all of the updated skin strings are English and French. If you would like to translate to Hungarian, I can provide you instructions on how to do so. Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia - Cyberdom - 2019-05-12

(2019-05-12, 22:14)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-05-12, 14:14)Cyberdom Wrote: Thank you @bsoriano for your work on this skin.

(2019-05-11, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote: You can disable menu options without deleting them, and you can choose a single image or multi-image for the background for each menu option.  You can also choose fanart from a video playlist as a multi-image background.
I do not know if it's possible, but I would like to have an option to scroll all the fanarts automatically for the background of the movies and TV Shows menus.
It would also be nice to move the shelf up or down.

(2019-05-11, 23:37)bsoriano Wrote: Would you be willing to trade having up to six shelves as we have right now for having up to two (the two could be shown at the same time, kind of like the Jarvis shelves), but totally customizable, like the menu/submenu? Please let me know your thoughts on this. Thanks.
I don't know, we should see what happens on a screenshot.   

@Cyberdom, just to confirm, you would like the option to have random movie fanart as the background for movies, and random tvshow fanart for TV shows? That is doable, I just need to check which addon would be best for this without too much of a performance hit to the skin.

As for the position of the shelf, I am not planning to change that at this time.

Regards,

Bart   
In fact, I would like an automatic scrolling fanarts of each film or TV Shows (a few seconds for each fanart) that appears in the background on the Movies and TV Shows menus.

Thank you.

(2019-05-12, 22:00)Merwenus Wrote: Just a suggestion.
End of DialogSeekBar.xml. If you Edit like this, you will get more information during PAUSE (series name, episode name, season, episode number etc).
One thing I can't figure out, how to get s01e01 instead of s1e1, maybe someone can help.

https://pastebin.com/p4HtRVuR

Bonus BUG report, on the right side "Remaining" it was "Hátralévő idő" a few weeks ago, everything is hugnarian here except this, no idea why.

Picture for Pause screen and for the language bug, SZÜNET/PAUSE is yellow in the code, changed after screenshot):
@Merwenus , please test Amber version 3.1.18 (Git or Amber repo).  I addressed both points you stated.

As for the Remaining label, I restored all other languages as they were before I started working on the skin.  This means that any string I have added/modified, is not updated in any other language other than English or French.  Like I mentioned before, please let me know if you are willing to translate those added/updated strings, and I can provide you instructions to do so.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia - Merwenus - 2019-05-13

(2019-05-12, 23:55)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-05-12, 22:00)Merwenus Wrote:  
@Merwenus , please test Amber version 3.1.18 (Git or Amber repo).  I addressed both points you stated.

As for the Remaining label, I restored all other languages as they were before I started working on the skin.  This means that any string I have added/modified, is not updated in any other language other than English or French.  Like I mentioned before, please let me know if you are willing to translate those added/updated strings, and I can provide you instructions to do so.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks for the tip, I copied back the previous resource.language.hu_hu folder and it is now works well, but if you send me the strings I might have time to translate them.

RE: Amber for Leia - bsoriano - 2019-05-13

(2019-05-13, 09:10)Merwenus Wrote:
(2019-05-12, 23:55)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-05-12, 22:00)Merwenus Wrote:  

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks for the tip, I copied back the previous resource.language.hu_hu folder and it is now works well, but if you send me the strings I might have time to translate them.

@Merwenus, you can find the strings in the strings.po file in the resource.language.en_gb folder. I think the best way would be to add to the strings.po file you already have for Hungarian any new lines from the English file. Then, in each new line, put the translation in the msgstr line. If you use Windows or Mac, the app Poedit can do this really well. Please let me know If you will use it, I can give you further direction with it. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia - Cidernaut - 2019-05-19

@bsoriano, thank you so much for not only bringing this to Leia but even improving it further.

If I'm correct, nobody has volunteered yet to provide a translation to German, so if you would give me a further explanation on how to do this, I will gladly look into this.

RE: Amber for Leia - bsoriano - 2019-05-19

(2019-05-19, 00:08)Cidernaut Wrote: @bsoriano, thank you so much for not only bringing this to Leia but even improving it further.

If I'm correct, nobody has volunteered yet to provide a translation to German, so if you would give me a further explanation on how to do this, I will gladly look into this.

@Cidernaut, thank you!

In the skin folder, you will find a "language" folder. The English strings are in the "resource.language.en_gb" folder in there. There is a file called "strings.po" that has all of the strings. In this file, there is a group of lines for each of the skin strings.

What you would need to do is copy that file somewhere else, open it with a text editor. For each string you will find a group of lines like this:

xml:
msgctxt "#31000"
msgid "Picture Channels"
msgstr ""

You will need to put the translation for the string where it says msgstr. The translation goes between the "".

Do that for each string, and then save the file as strings.po, and put it in a file sharing service or in pastebin and post the link to your file here. I will add it to the skin.

There is an alternative option if you are using Windows or macOS, which is to use the free app named poedit. Please let me know if you would like to go that route and I will provide details on how to do it that way. It is easier to use poedit than to edit the strings.po file directly.

Again, thanks for your willingness to translate.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia - Humdinger - 2019-05-19

@Cidernaut and other translators:
You can test your translation by uploading your strings.po file to ~/.kodi/addons/skin.amber/language/resource.language.de_de/ (for German in this case) via sftp and then reloading the skin. That way you can ensure your translations are short enough to avoid truncated/scrolling labels. For example, "Bibliothek aktualisieren" is much too long. "Update DB" is short and sweet, but maybe not everyone's taste... Smile

RE: Amber for Leia - simonk83 - 2019-05-23

Hmm, I think I must be missing something here. I've just installed Amber on a Vero4K, and I'm having trouble working out how to customize the widgets, and also how to customise the submenus.  I don't seem to have options for this at all?
I've disabled the standard Movies and TV items in the Home Layout and added my own (I use plexkodiconnect so I need to be able to choose specific Plex libraries).  It seems though, if you create your own Movies or TV item and assign it the TV or Movie Shelf Style, it doesn't actually show any of the set widget options (such as Recently Added, In Progress, Next etc etc) like the proper TV or Movie menu shelf item would.  All I get is what looks like an "all items" widget list (with no way to choose Ascending or Descending or any other options).   None of those options are hidden in the settings, they're all set to show.

Also I'm not sure how to get media fanart to show as the backgrounds for menu items?  I've selected Show Fanart Background on Home and Sub windows but that hasn't done anything it seems.

Also, as I've added my own menu items, how do I now add submenu items to those?

Thanks!

RE: Amber for Leia - bsoriano - 2019-05-23

(2019-05-23, 03:13)simonk83 Wrote: Hmm, I think I must be missing something here. I've just installed Amber on a Vero4K, and I'm having trouble working out how to customize the widgets, and also how to customise the submenus.  I don't seem to have options for this at all?
I've disabled the standard Movies and TV items in the Home Layout and added my own (I use plexkodiconnect so I need to be able to choose specific Plex libraries).  It seems though, if you create your own Movies or TV item and assign it the TV or Movie Shelf Style, it doesn't actually show any of the set widget options (such as Recently Added, In Progress, Next etc etc) like the proper TV or Movie menu shelf item would.  All I get is what looks like an "all items" widget list (with no way to choose Ascending or Descending or any other options).   None of those options are hidden in the settings, they're all set to show.

Also I'm not sure how to get media fanart to show as the backgrounds for menu items?  I've selected Show Fanart Background on Home and Sub windows but that hasn't done anything it seems.

Thanks!

@simonk83, most of what you are trying to do is not possible with the current version of Amber. Fanart as background, for standard menu items does work correctly.

The current version also does not have proper support for PKC yet.

I am working on the next major version of Amber which will provide full menu/submenu/widget customization, but I do not have a concrete ETA right now.

Once I finish the new version, I will add proper PKC support.

I am sorry I don't have better answers for you right now.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia - simonk83 - 2019-05-23

(2019-05-23, 03:36)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-05-23, 03:13)simonk83 Wrote: Hmm, I think I must be missing something here. I've just installed Amber on a Vero4K, and I'm having trouble working out how to customize the widgets, and also how to customise the submenus.  I don't seem to have options for this at all?

Thanks!

@simonk83, most of what you are trying to do is not possible with the current version of Amber. Fanart as background, for standard menu items does work correctly.

The current version also does not have proper support for PKC yet.

I am working on the next major version of Amber which will provide full menu/submenu/widget customization, but I do not have a concrete ETA right now.

Once I finish the new version, I will add proper PKC support.

I am sorry I don't have better answers for you right now.

Regards,

Bart 

Ah ok, no problem at all mate, just wasn't sure if I was doing something wrong Smile

RE: Amber for Leia - User 352425 - 2019-05-23

Thank you @bsoriano! I refrained from upgrading for a long time because Amber wasn't compatible. The new skin update and support from you is much appreciated - and makes my life a little easier, as Amber is wife-approved Smile

I saw "Next Episode" added to TV show widget/shelf. It seems to show what's up soon, but unfortunately no dates. When I'm on the poster, it shows runtime above of the poster (45.00 = for 45 minutes). Would it be possible to somehow add release date to the widget, since I assume it knows it?

RE: Amber for Leia - DarrenHill - 2019-05-23

@bsoriano - just to update a little on the keymaps that we were discussing a couple of weeks ago.

As it's not (easily) possible to include those modifications in the shipped skin via the official repo, I made a PR for Matrix (and a backport PR to Leia) to modify and include the changes to the default keymaps instead.

Those PR's were merged into master this morning, so nightly Matrix builds from tonight will have them included, and any future Leia releases (18.3 quite possibly soon) will also come with them as standard. So the keymaps after that will be included and no longer required to be added from the user side.