Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - bsoriano - 2022-01-27

(2022-01-27, 17:24)robertlaing Wrote: In this category, when you bring up the left blade and choose "sort", there is no option to choose "last played".
There is however a choice to sort by "last played" in the "In Progress" sub menu category.

@robertlaing,

I just fixed this on GitHub.  Now the watched movies playlist is sorted by last played by default.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2022-01-26, 16:05)robertlaing Wrote: Thanks so much for looking into the lyrics! I will look forward to seeing what you come up with!

@robertlaing , please test the latest from GitHub.  I have changed the lyrics to be a dialog like Estuary.  I have to test a lot of scenarios (seek bar at top or bottom, standard, compact or ultra compact osd, info on or info off, etc.), so some might have slipped by where it does not look totally fine.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Hello all,

User @Cyberdom commented that the PVR channels window loads slower now the Amber allows you to change viewtypes in that window, and if I could do something about that.

The window does indeed load significantly slower if you have all viewtypes enabled.  so, I have made optional the ability to change viewtypes in that window.  There is a new setting, which is off by default:

If you want to be able to change viewtypes in that window, you need to set the new setting to Yes.  With the setting set to No, the PVR channels window loads very quickly.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - robertlaing - 2022-01-28

Hi Bart,

Thanks so much for all your help and all your work. It is very much appreciated.

I have downloaded the latest from GitHub, and your changes to the toggle bar and the watched movies playlist are working perfectly.

Regarding the lyrics, I have the song info panel on permanently, with the osd also, and the dialogue box fits in very well above the song info, it certainly looks a lot neater.
Thanks very much for this.
The only little favour I have to ask you is could you possibly add an icon on the music osd to go straight to the lyrics?
Estuary has this in the bottom left corner and it makes it nice to just click once for the lyrics if you so wish, what do you think?

Kind regards,
Robert.

(2022-01-27, 23:42)bsoriano Wrote: @robertlaing, where exactly did you change this? There's not much I can do if you manually edited the "settings.xml" of the skin.  And also, the strings I am using (Update library, Stop scanning) are not provided by the skin, but by Kodi itself, so they would need to be modified in Kodi core in order to achieve your desired grammatical consistency.

Hi Bart,

I changed this as follows:

1. Skin settings.
2. Home layout.
3. Customise Home Menu And Shelves.
4. Movies.
5. Customise Sub Menu.
6. Update Library.
7. Set Label - this is where I changed it. I just clicked on it and a keyboard appears, and I just change the lower case l to an upper case L.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Robert.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Joeyrub - 2022-01-28

(2022-01-25, 23:20)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-25, 13:38)Joeyrub Wrote: Hey again Bart. I've been gone from here for a little while, so I jumped back on today to see what I've missed. Seeing this list of changes made in the new version released. Kinda made me a little proud. A big part of it was my suggestions. But of course you're the one that actually did all the work. But I still feel a little bit pride. Lol. But seriously I've been watching TV daily thorough Kodi as my primary TV watching (with HdHomeRun), and your skin made this possible. It looks n feels like the best cable\satellite box I've even had or seen.

I still have a couple of new pages here to read through. I wanna make sure if nothing was done in my areas of use.... I'll finish reading up later today
But catching this list of changes, made my day. I remember each of those changes when you said oh yes I'll do that, then the next day, it's done! Each change felt like it perfected it. It's really cool having a developer actually listen to users feedback. Hopefully we all help you to make it a better product in the end.
Have a blessed day all Amberinians.

@Joeyrub, thank you for your kind words! and yes, you should feel proud, since your suggestions/requests have certainly made the skin better for everyone.  Keep them coming!

Regards,

Bart

Thanks Bart. Your too kind.
But I truly do try to make suggestions that I think would sense for everyone, not just for me personally.
And there is nothing to keep coming with Bart! 😆. It's perfect! I haven't really updated for a while now, cause I haven't been involved in any changes. But as of the last version I'm on, I can't find anything wrong! You have fixed every little issue I've had.
But if I do come across something, I'll of course mention it.
You're the best

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Joeyrub - 2022-01-28

So I just downloaded the latest version from GitHub. Not sure why really. But just wanted to see if nothing broke.
But now all my low list views, for recordings. Timers. Etc. They look messed up now. It only shows one item at a time. No list. I scroll up or down it brings the next or previous item. But it only shows one. What happened?
I tried changing it to list, then the list shows up fine, changed it back to low list. One item. No list.

I checked all of them, The channels page (after turning the new setting to yes to allow changing views) is the only one that still shows the list of channels in low list view, but recordings, Timers, Timer Rules. All show one item.
I'll attach a photo of one...

Idk if this was done on purpose maybe? But I can't see why. Please clarify if so.
Thanks Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - fsurfer - 2022-01-28

@Joeyrub just noticed The Invaders (1967), what are the chances of watching the same thing - also have another The Invaders (1995)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - bsoriano - 2022-01-28

(2022-01-28, 14:35)robertlaing Wrote: ![window.isactive(mypvrchannels.xml) | window.isactive(mypvrrecordings.xml) |

@robertlaing , this is an excellent catch, thank you! I think I have fixed the syntax error, the changes are already on GitHub.  Could you please give it a try and let me know? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2022-01-28, 15:44)Joeyrub Wrote: Idk if this was done on purpose maybe? But I can't see why. Please clarify if so.

@Joeyrub , no, not on purpose.  maybe you downloaded from GitHub before I had had a chance to fix that issue, which I did see.  Since then I have fixed it, the latest version from GitHub should not have that problem.  The changes are only there for the Matrix version at the moment.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2022-01-28, 01:23)robertlaing Wrote: The only little favour I have to ask you is could you possibly add an icon on the music osd to go straight to the lyrics?

@robertlaing , I just added this on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  It looks like this:

Regards,

Bart

Amber Nexus Colorpicker - fxpixel - 2022-01-28

Hi Bsoriano,

love your skin a lot, thanks for the good work here man.

i need your help, have 2 kodi version on my shield Leia and Nexus (kodinerds build)

Both skins are installed from amber repo, all is fine with Leia but with nexus i can't change skin colors and always get an error with skin.helper.colorpicker

2022-01-27 19:06:14.741 T:5417 INFO <general>: Loading skin file: Home.xml, load type: KEEP_IN_MEMORY
2022-01-27 19:06:16.393 T:5417 WARNING <general>: Trying to add unsupported control type 1
2022-01-27 19:06:18.560 T:11041 INFO <general>: Skipped 161 duplicate messages..
2022-01-27 19:06:18.560 T:11041 INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
2022-01-27 19:06:18.825 T:11041 INFO <general>: Skipped 1 duplicate messages..
2022-01-27 19:06:18.825 T:11041 INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(109, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/net.kodinerds.maven.kodi20/files/.kodi/addons/script.favourites/default.py): script successfully run
2022-01-27 19:06:18.856 T:11041 INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
2022-01-27 19:06:19.382 T:11042 INFO <general>: CPythonInvoker(110, /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/net.kodinerds.maven.kodi20/files/.kodi/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/entry_point.py): script successfully run
2022-01-27 19:06:19.465 T:11042 INFO <general>: Python interpreter stopped
2022-01-27 19:06:36.699 T:5417 INFO <general>: Loading skin file: SkinSettings.xml, load type: LOAD_EVERY_TIME
2022-01-27 19:06:59.152 T:11128 INFO <general>: initializing python engine.
2022-01-27 19:06:59.312 T:11128 ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
Error Contents: module 'xbmc' has no attribute 'translatePath'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/net.kodinerds.maven.kodi20/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/default.py", line 7, in <module>
import resources.lib.ColorPicker as cp
File "/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/net.kodinerds.maven.kodi20/files/.kodi/addons/script.skin.helper.colorpicker/resources/lib/ColorPicker.py", line 15, in <module>
COLORFILES_PATH = xbmc.translatePath("special://profile/addon_data/%s/colors/" % ADDON_ID)
AttributeError: module 'xbmc' has no attribute 'translatePath'
-->End of Python script error report<--

Thanks for your help  Wink

(2022-01-27, 23:51)bsoriano Wrote: Now the watched movies playlist is sorted by last played by default.
Hi Bart,

This indeed has been such a good change for Watched Movies:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>Watched Movies</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="playcount" operator="greaterthan">
<value>0</value>
</rule>
<order direction="descending">lastplayed</order>
</smartplaylist>

I wonder if you could please set up a submenu category for TV Shows called Watched Episodes in exactly the same way?

As ever, many thanks to you Bart.

Kind regards,
Robert.

(2022-01-28, 18:13)bsoriano Wrote:
(2022-01-28, 01:23)robertlaing Wrote: The only little favour I have to ask you is could you possibly add an icon on the music osd to go straight to the lyrics?

@robertlaing , I just added this on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  It looks like this:
Hi Bart,

This works so great!

Really pleased with this, so thank you very much.

Kind regards,
Robert.