Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-07-24

(2019-07-24, 18:48)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 18:46)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 18:38)bsoriano Wrote: If you leave Arctic:Zephyr 2 at its default settings, the background you see is actually a widget, and when you press Up from any menu item you get basic info on the background, and you can press I to get the video info dialog for that item.  Is this what you saw?

Oh, I did not know this was a widget. So it's much different, right?  
@edjalmo , yes, it is very different, and to replicate that in Amber it would mean some heavy lifting with the widgets code, which is complex as it is now.  I would not be taking that on at this time.

Regards,

Bart 
It's not possible to use the same code that is used in list view when press enter? I know this depend of user settings of what to do when click on video (play or show info dialog).

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-07-24

(2019-07-24, 18:52)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 18:48)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 18:46)edjalmo Wrote: Oh, I did not know this was a widget. So it's much different, right?  
@edjalmo , yes, it is very different, and to replicate that in Amber it would mean some heavy lifting with the widgets code, which is complex as it is now.  I would not be taking that on at this time.

Regards,

Bart  
It's not possible to use the same code that is used in list view when press enter? I know this depend of user settings of what to do when click on video (play or show info dialog). 
@edjalmo , that is a Kodi function, not skin code.  Short answer, not it's not possible.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-07-24, 19:02)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 18:52)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 18:48)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , yes, it is very different, and to replicate that in Amber it would mean some heavy lifting with the widgets code, which is complex as it is now.  I would not be taking that on at this time.

Regards,

Bart  
@edjalmo , that is a Kodi function, not skin code.  Short answer, not it's not possible.

Regards,

Bart 
Yeah, I imagined could not be so easy.
I think you solution could work really good too. We can go to the movie with few clicks.
For me you can go ahead with! And if in future you discover a solution to show directly you can edit it.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2019-07-24

(2019-07-24, 12:45)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 10:40)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 00:27)Piranha2004 Wrote: One problem with this approach however, is that I cant seem to change the background to one of the defaults. There is nowhere to navigate to "//special/movies.jpg" etc on the Pi2 at least. 
(2019-07-24, 01:49)Piranha2004 Wrote: Is there a way to choose the default background? 
For my part, I use Kodi on a Nvidia Shield TV and a Raspberry Pi 3. I would also like to know how to access the default backgrounds for a new menu item for example.         

@Cyberdom , @Piranha2004 , I don’t know much about Linux. I think, at least on a Raspberry Pi running something like LibreELEC, the skin should be located in storage/.kodi/addons/skin.amber, and the default backgrounds are in the backgrounds folder of the skin. I don’t know if you can browse to that folder when you try to change the background to a menu item. Perhaps you need to enable to look at hidden folders in Kodi.

For Android (nVidia Shield TV), the skin should be in Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.amber. Again, I think you will need to enable in Kodi to view hidden files and folders.

Regards,

Bart         
Thank you @bsoriano, I did a test on my Nvidia Shield TV by activating the display of hidden files and directories. I have access to the folder with the default backgrounds.

(2019-07-24, 16:28)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , while I did not find a way I could open the info dialog of a movie/tv show when you click on the title that is shown in the home window as background, what I can do is open my custom search window with the title as the search term, which will bring up the movie/tv show as one of the results, and there you can press I to see info about it.  Another advantage is that not only will you have the movie/tv show as one of the results, but you will also have YouTube videos about that movie/tv show as results as well.
With my TV remote control and the arrow keys, I can not access the background name displayed at the bottom of the screen. And so, I can not click on it.
I can not go lower than the submenu items.

Would it be possible to access the background name displayed at the bottom of the screen and to be able to click on it with the keys on a remote control without using a mouse or touchpad ?

Something else, on my Raspberry Pi 3, I use Kodi repository to make Amber updates. I just had the update of Amber 3.2.1.
The problem is that this version of Amber still does not have the French translation I provided for the following versions.
@bosriano, can you tell me when the following versions with the French translation (3.2.2, 3.2.3, 3.2.4, 3.2.5, 3.2.7 and 3.2.8) will be available on the Kodi repository ?

Thanks in advance.

(2019-07-24, 20:58)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 12:45)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 10:40)Cyberdom Wrote: For my part, I use Kodi on a Nvidia Shield TV and a Raspberry Pi 3. I would also like to know how to access the default backgrounds for a new menu item for example.         

@Cyberdom , @Piranha2004 , I don’t know much about Linux. I think, at least on a Raspberry Pi running something like LibreELEC, the skin should be located in storage/.kodi/addons/skin.amber, and the default backgrounds are in the backgrounds folder of the skin. I don’t know if you can browse to that folder when you try to change the background to a menu item. Perhaps you need to enable to look at hidden folders in Kodi.

For Android (nVidia Shield TV), the skin should be in Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/skin.amber. Again, I think you will need to enable in Kodi to view hidden files and folders.

Regards,

Bart          
Thank you @bsoriano, I did a test on my Nvidia Shield TV by activating the display of hidden files and directories. I have access to the folder with the default backgrounds.

(2019-07-24, 16:28)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , while I did not find a way I could open the info dialog of a movie/tv show when you click on the title that is shown in the home window as background, what I can do is open my custom search window with the title as the search term, which will bring up the movie/tv show as one of the results, and there you can press I to see info about it.  Another advantage is that not only will you have the movie/tv show as one of the results, but you will also have YouTube videos about that movie/tv show as results as well.
With my TV remote control and the arrow keys, I can not access the background name displayed at the bottom of the screen. And so, I can not click on it.
I can not go lower than the submenu items.

Would it be possible to access the background name displayed at the bottom of the screen and to be able to click on it with the keys on a remote control without using a mouse or touchpad ?

Something else, on my Raspberry Pi 3, I use Kodi repository to make Amber updates. I just had the update of Amber 3.2.1.
The problem is that this version of Amber still does not have the French translation I provided for the following versions.
@bosriano, can you tell me when the following versions with the French translation (3.2.2, 3.2.3, 3.2.4, 3.2.5, 3.2.7 and 3.2.8) will be available on the Kodi repository ?

Thanks in advance. 
@Cyberdom , the code to access the background title and to be able to click on it is not yet available, I am working on this today. 

As for the Kodi repo, I will most likely only submit monthly updates to Amber there.  I suggest you install the Amber repo and keep the skin updated from there.

Regards,

Bart

@edjalmo , @Cyberdom , I have made the home fanart title (when enabled) clickable.  I changed its location to the top left of the screen, in a smaller font so that it does not draw too much attention.  This is the same for both horizontal and vertical menu.

For horizontal menu, you press Down from the submenu and you should get to the title button.  For vertical menu, you press left from the submenu.  To get back to the submenu/menu, you can press up if horizontal menu or right if vertical menu.  Back (for either orientation) will also return you to the submenu/menu.

When you click (press Enter) on the title button, it will open a custom search window that will most likely have as its first result the movie or tv show whose title you clicked.  From there you can show info or play the item if you wish.  As I mentioned before, this has the advantage also of showing you YouTube videos related to the movie or tv show.

Please download from Git (Leia branch) or update via the Amber repo (latest Leia version is 3.2.9), test, and let me know your feedback.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-07-24, 21:32)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , @Cyberdom , I have made the home fanart title (when enabled) clickable.  I changed its location to the top left of the screen, in a smaller font so that it does not draw too much attention.  This is the same for both horizontal and vertical menu.

For horizontal menu, you press Down from the submenu and you should get to the title button.  For vertical menu, you press left from the submenu.  To get back to the submenu/menu, you can press up if horizontal menu or right if vertical menu.  Back (for either orientation) will also return you to the submenu/menu.

When you click (press Enter) on the title button, it will open a custom search window that will most likely have as its first result the movie or tv show whose title you clicked.  From there you can show info or play the item if you wish.  As I mentioned before, this has the advantage also of showing you YouTube videos related to the movie or tv show.

Please download from Git (Leia branch) or update via the Amber repo (latest Leia version is 3.2.9), test, and let me know your feedback.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
The function is great!
What I not liked very much is the position. The way we came to it it's not much intuitive (press down to go up), and if you change this (press up to go there) we will have to press the number of widgets we have, so depending that, could be a lot.
I like the old position, but I think you guys not.
My suggestion is remove the "backgroud" word and follow the Amber rule of when use capital letters.
I have thought in show the background name with this frame used in previous version of Amber, in the same position but below title bar. But this will come more attention that you guys want.

So, I don't know a best position.
What you guys think about this?

(2019-07-24, 22:19)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 21:32)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , @Cyberdom , I have made the home fanart title (when enabled) clickable.  I changed its location to the top left of the screen, in a smaller font so that it does not draw too much attention.  This is the same for both horizontal and vertical menu.

Regards,

Bart
The function is great!
What I not liked very much is the position. The way we came to it it's not much intuitive (press down to go up), and if you change this (press up to go there) we will have to press the number of widgets we have, so depending that, could be a lot.
I like the old position, but I think you guys not.
My suggestion is remove the "backgroud" word and follow the Amber rule of when use capital letters.
I have thought in show the background name with this frame used in previous version of Amber, in the same position but below title bar. But this will come more attention that you guys want.

@edjalmo I understand about the navigation, but it's the best way without changing widget code, which I don't want to do. 

In terms of the position and appearance, to see if I understand your suggestion: use a frame like you screenshot, not in that position, but in the top left, below the current top bar? Could you please make a mock up of what you mean,, even if it is not with the right image? I just want to get a better visual of your suggestion.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-07-24, 22:25)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo I understand about the navigation, but it's the best way without changing widget code, which I don't want to do. 

In terms of the position and appearance, to see if I understand your suggestion: use a frame like you screenshot, not in that position, but in the top left, below the current top bar? Could you please make a mock up of what you mean,, even if it is not with the right image? I just want to get a better visual of your suggestion.  Thanks.
It's something like this

I don't know about the color, but I liked italic.
I found the frame here https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber/blob/master/media/common/TimePanel.png
I just spin it.

(2019-07-24, 22:54)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 22:25)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo I understand about the navigation, but it's the best way without changing widget code, which I don't want to do. 

It's something like this

I don't know about the color, but I liked italic.
I found the frame here https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber/blob/master/media/common/TimePanel.png
I just spin it. 
@edjalmo , thanks! That looks good to me and doable.  How would you do it for the vertical menu?

Regards,

Bart

(2019-07-24, 21:02)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom , the code to access the background title and to be able to click on it is not yet available, I am working on this today. 

As for the Kodi repo, I will most likely only submit monthly updates to Amber there.  I suggest you install the Amber repo and keep the skin updated from there.
It is done.
Thank you @bsoriano, I just saw that. The presentation suits me.
(2019-07-24, 22:19)edjalmo Wrote: My suggestion is remove the "backgroud" word and follow the Amber rule of when use capital letters.

Like @edjalmo, I think it would be nice to remove the word "Background" and write the title in capital letters but keeping the same size.
By cons, I prefer that the title is displayed in the title bar and not in a frame below.

(2019-07-24, 22:56)bsoriano Wrote: How would you do it for the vertical menu?
For look good have to change location. But you already did this before, right?

(2019-07-24, 23:20)Cyberdom Wrote: By cons, I prefer that the title is displayed in the title bar and not in a frame below.
I don't know how to explain really good (and because too is a personal preference) but to me it's not look much good, like don't have an division for clock and data, you know?

(2019-07-24, 21:32)bsoriano Wrote: As I mentioned before, this has the advantage also of showing you YouTube videos related to the movie or tv show.
When I click on the background title, I come to the search page with the movie or TV show.
Each time, I have a message asking me to install the YouTube addon but I do not want to download this addon.
Is it possible to stop having this message without installing the YouTube addon ?
(2019-07-24, 23:30)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 23:20)Cyberdom Wrote: By cons, I prefer that the title is displayed in the title bar and not in a frame below.
I don't know how to explain really good (and because too is a personal preference) but to me it's not look much good, like don't have an division for clock and data, you know?   
It's a story of personal preferences. I prefer that the title be in the title bar.
The ideal would be to have the choice in the settings of Amber without the parameters become too complicated.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-07-25

(2019-07-24, 23:20)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2019-07-24, 21:02)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom , the code to access the background title and to be able to click on it is not yet available, I am working on this today. 

It is done.
Thank you @bsoriano, I just saw that. The presentation suits me.
(2019-07-24, 22:19)edjalmo Wrote: My suggestion is remove the "backgroud" word and follow the Amber rule of when use capital letters.

Like @edjalmo, I think it would be nice to remove the word "Background" and write the title in capital letters but keeping the same size.
By cons, I prefer that the title is displayed in the title bar and not in a frame below. 
@Cyberdom , thanks! When you say "keeping the same size", you mean the small font size that is there now, or the same size as the other elements that appear in the title bar?

Regards,

Bart