Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-08-09

(2019-08-08, 22:46)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-08, 02:55)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-07, 21:23)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , please check the latest changes in Git.  I changed the label for the embuary helper widgets, I think this is more language-neutral.  Also, I implemented for video the alphabet strip based on jurialmunkey's code.  Please download, test, and let me know your feedback.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
I saw, but you forget to add this ID for translation. If I could sugest a new label this will be "Movies suggestions from [genre]" (if I wrote the english sentece right), I think this will be more language neutral too. But in all case when you add this ID for translation I can made it this way for me because the genre are the end word in bouth cases.

The alphabet strip are perfect, really good job! I could write the 3 points why they are the best but you already write them Smile

Thanks!  
@edjalmo, thank you! The strings are indeed localized (translatable).  It is string id 31497 for movies and 31517 for tv shows.  I will leave the strings as they are, since the same strings are the options you see when configuring the shelves.

Thank you for your kind words on the alphabet strip Smile

Regards,

Bart 

Sorry, I found it now!
If is not ask too much can you remove the ":" directly from code and put it in translation text in you next update? This way I can translated like I want and you can kept it like you want too.
Thanks!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - darda23 - 2019-08-09

(2019-08-08, 22:50)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-08, 03:36)darda23 Wrote: Hi there!
I've been using Amber for years now, haven't found a sleeker look for my setup yet.

That being said, last update broke my custom layout. I managed to retrace my steps somehow and restore it (don't you just hate it when something auto updates and you're left scratching your head...) but it seems that randomization has been thrown out the window.

I have different fanart folders for different genres or language.
Now when I choose multi image I always get the same image (which only then changes)

I definitely don't want to have the exact same fanart for each category each and every time I start kodi, nor do I want fanart for comedy shows combined with action fanart.

What should I do? The basic functionality we used to rely on broke for me.

Thank you.

@darda23 , I am sorry you are having problems with the latest version.  I am not clear on what the issue is.  When you mention "each category", are you talking about different menu items? If so, you are talking about the background for each menu item?

Please provide me the steps you are taking to customize what you want, and what is happening vs. what you expect to happen.  That way I will better know what I would potentially need to change/fix.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks for your quick reply and awesome skin.

What I used to have, is randomly rotating fanarts for each category. For example Action Movies category on main menu, would display a different fanart every time I hovered on it, taken from the "action movie" fanart directory I set up.

Now, it always shows the same fanart, *and only then* starts rotating to different ones. In a set order. It's problematic because I want it to be random, I don't want to see *the exact same* fanart every time, I want it to be random.

I did see you included a new random fanart function, but it's not good for two reasons -
1. They're mixed. I don't want my Drama TV fanarts to appear on my Action TV menu option. Right now because they're both "TV" they appear together.
2. They're not controlled. I specifically maintained a fanart folder, to have a high standard of fanarts show on my setup. Right now, if I choose "random tv" I get all sorts of fanarts, pulled from tvdb, which some are... well, not up to par. People upload all sorts of bad fanarts.

I hope I made myself clearer.
An implementation to randomize fanarts like it used to be (an option of course) would likely solve it.
And it's already an available feature you removed, so nothing new.

Thanks a lot.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-09

(2019-08-09, 02:04)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-08, 02:55)edjalmo Wrote: I saw, but you forget to add this ID for translation. If I could sugest a new label this will be "Movies suggestions from [genre]" (if I wrote the english sentece right), I think this will be more language neutral too. But in all case when you add this ID for translation I can made it this way for me because the genre are the end word in bouth cases.

The alphabet strip are perfect, really good job! I could write the 3 points why they are the best but you already write them Smile

Thanks!  
@edjalmo, thank you! The strings are indeed localized (translatable).  It is string id 31497 for movies and 31517 for tv shows.  I will leave the strings as they are, since the same strings are the options you see when configuring the shelves.

Regards,

Bart  

Sorry, I found it now!
If is not ask too much can you remove the ":" directly from code and put it in translation text in you next update? This way I can translated like I want and you can kept it like you want too.
Thanks! 
@edjalmo, I will remove the : on the next update.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-08-09, 11:47)darda23 Wrote:
(2019-08-08, 22:50)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-08, 03:36)darda23 Wrote: Hi there!
I've been using Amber for years now, haven't found a sleeker look for my setup yet.

That being said, last update broke my custom layout. I managed to retrace my steps somehow and restore it (don't you just hate it when something auto updates and you're left scratching your head...) but it seems that randomization has been thrown out the window.

I have different fanart folders for different genres or language.
Now when I choose multi image I always get the same image (which only then changes)

I definitely don't want to have the exact same fanart for each category each and every time I start kodi, nor do I want fanart for comedy shows combined with action fanart.

What should I do? The basic functionality we used to rely on broke for me.

Thank you.

@darda23 , I am sorry you are having problems with the latest version.  I am not clear on what the issue is.  When you mention "each category", are you talking about different menu items? If so, you are talking about the background for each menu item?

Please provide me the steps you are taking to customize what you want, and what is happening vs. what you expect to happen.  That way I will better know what I would potentially need to change/fix.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

Thanks for your quick reply and awesome skin.

What I used to have, is randomly rotating fanarts for each category. For example Action Movies category on main menu, would display a different fanart every time I hovered on it, taken from the "action movie" fanart directory I set up.

Now, it always shows the same fanart, *and only then* starts rotating to different ones. In a set order. It's problematic because I want it to be random, I don't want to see *the exact same* fanart every time, I want it to be random.

I did see you included a new random fanart function, but it's not good for two reasons -
1. They're mixed. I don't want my Drama TV fanarts to appear on my Action TV menu option. Right now because they're both "TV" they appear together.
2. They're not controlled. I specifically maintained a fanart folder, to have a high standard of fanarts show on my setup. Right now, if I choose "random tv" I get all sorts of fanarts, pulled from tvdb, which some are... well, not up to par. People upload all sorts of bad fanarts.

I hope I made myself clearer.
An implementation to randomize fanarts like it used to be (an option of course) would likely solve it.
And it's already an available feature you removed, so nothing new.

Thanks a lot. 
@darda23 , thanks for making the issue clearer, and for bringing it to my attention.  Indeed, by mistake, I removed the randomize function from the home backgrounds.  It will be fixed in the next update.  So, you will be able to configure "multi image" for each of your menu items and the background will be random.  Please not that the default time for backgrounds to change is 7 seconds.  I am not planning on changing the default, but you can configure it in Amber Settings, Backgrounds to one of the provided options.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - darda23 - 2019-08-09

(2019-08-09, 17:48)bsoriano Wrote: [quote="darda23" pid='2875879' dateline='1565344044']
[quote="bsoriano" pid='2875744' dateline='1565297407']

@darda23 , thanks for making the issue clearer, and for bringing it to my attention.  Indeed, by mistake, I removed the randomize function from the home backgrounds.  It will be fixed in the next update.  So, you will be able to configure "multi image" for each of your menu items and the background will be random.  Please not that the default time for backgrounds to change is 7 seconds.  I am not planning on changing the default, but you can configure it in Amber Settings, Backgrounds to one of the provided options.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks a lot! The randomization was so important to me!

Thanks again!

(2019-08-09, 18:10)darda23 Wrote:
(2019-08-09, 17:48)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-09, 11:47)darda23 Wrote:
(2019-08-08, 22:50)bsoriano Wrote: @darda23 , thanks for making the issue clearer, and for bringing it to my attention.  Indeed, by mistake, I removed the randomize function from the home backgrounds.  It will be fixed in the next update.  So, you will be able to configure "multi image" for each of your menu items and the background will be random.  Please not that the default time for backgrounds to change is 7 seconds.  I am not planning on changing the default, but you can configure it in Amber Settings, Backgrounds to one of the provided options.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks a lot! The randomization was so important to me!

Thanks again!

@darda23 , please check the latest from GitHub.  Randomization should be fixed.  Please download, test, and let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-08-08, 02:55)edjalmo Wrote: I saw, but you forget to add this ID for translation. If I could sugest a new label this will be "Movies suggestions from [genre]" (if I wrote the english sentece right), I think this will be more language neutral too. But in all case when you add this ID for translation I can made it this way for me because the genre are the end word in bouth cases.

Thanks!  

Regards,

Bart  

Sorry, I found it now!
Thanks! 
@edjalmo, the : has been removed, fix is already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Edworld - 2019-08-10

bsoriano,

I have your repo installed, but it doesn't prompt me to update to the latest amber version.

I know you added the functionality of Jurialmunkey's moviedb plug in. Does this plug in only benefit widgets or have you implemented the plugin to also provide ratings in views?

edit: just read your to do's

thanks

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-08-10

(2019-08-09, 23:46)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-08, 22:46)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, thank you! The strings are indeed localized (translatable).  It is string id 31497 for movies and 31517 for tv shows.  I will leave the strings as they are, since the same strings are the options you see when configuring the shelves.

Regards,

Bart  

Sorry, I found it now!
Thanks!  
@edjalmo, the : has been removed, fix is already on GitHub.  Please test and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Thank you!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-10

(2019-08-10, 00:43)Edworld Wrote: bsoriano,

I have your repo installed, but it doesn't prompt me to update to the latest amber version.

I know you added the functionality of Jurialmunkey's moviedb plug in. Does this plug in only benefit widgets or have you implemented the plugin to also provide ratings in views?

edit: just read your to do's

thanks

@Edworld, I am starting to implement it for widgets and additional fields in the video info dialog. I will also be implementing sualfred’s embuary.info to replace extendedinfo.

I have not updated my repo in a little while, since I wanted to have users test as much as possible some of the new functionality before committing to the repo. Hopefully this weekend I will update the Amber repo and submit a new version to the Kodi repo as well.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-08-10

(2019-08-10, 02:32)bsoriano Wrote: I have not updated my repo in a little while, since I wanted to have users test as much as possible some of the new functionality before committing to the repo. Hopefully this weekend I will update the Amber repo and submit a new version to the Kodi repo as well.

I updated the Brazilian Portuguese translation for when you update your repository and Kodi's
Here: https://github.com/edjalmobf/Traducao_PT-BR_Skin_Amber_Kodi

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-11

(2019-08-10, 17:11)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-10, 02:32)bsoriano Wrote: I have not updated my repo in a little while, since I wanted to have users test as much as possible some of the new functionality before committing to the repo. Hopefully this weekend I will update the Amber repo and submit a new version to the Kodi repo as well.

I updated the Brazilian Portuguese translation for when you update your repository and Kodi's
Here: https://github.com/edjalmobf/Traducao_PT-BR_Skin_Amber_Kodi 
@edjalmo, thanks! 

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Faldaani - 2019-08-11

I can't seem to set the sort order of shelves to "None". It always reverts back to "Title".

Specifically, this is for the "Next Episodes" from skin-helper-service and "On Deck" from PlexKodiConnect. I want to display them in whatever order they're sent to the UI as. Horizon skin does this but it's bloated and buggy, I just want to use Amber Sad

EDIT: Kodi 18.3, skin from your repository, not the kodi one.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-11

(2019-08-11, 20:56)Faldaani Wrote: I can't seem to set the sort order of shelves to "None". It always reverts back to "Title".

Specifically, this is for the "Next Episodes" from skin-helper-service and "On Deck" from PlexKodiConnect. I want to display them in whatever order they're sent to the UI as. Horizon skin does this but it's bloated and buggy, I just want to use Amber Sad

EDIT: Kodi 18.3, skin from your repository, not the kodi one.

@Faldaani, please download the latest from my GitHub, Leia branch. I have not updated my repo in a little while (still some WIP features that need more testing), and the fix for the issue you are having is already in Git. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - darda23 - 2019-08-12

(2019-08-09, 23:45)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-09, 18:10)darda23 Wrote:
(2019-08-09, 17:48)bsoriano Wrote:

@darda23 , please check the latest from GitHub.  Randomization should be fixed.  Please download, test, and let me know how it goes.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

I tried it now, and randomization works flawlessly! You rock!

Thanks!