Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-08-12

I noticed an issue with alphabet strip. If we scroll it fast they show a glitch. You can see this glitch better if you are in list or low list view, but happens in all.
Another thing with it is that for showing alphabet strip you move the titles to the left, leaving an empty space when not showing. This empty is not visual good in list view type. In icons, panel, big panel, fanart this don't bother at all. For me the main problem is when I'm navegating in episodes (for movies and tv show I use icon and icon with banner views, respectively), because episodes are not sort by title title and not use alphabet strip, but the empty space is still there.
I know that is need more space to show alphabet than just the scroll bar, but there exist another way, or not?
Hope I made myself clear.

(2019-08-12, 14:59)edjalmo Wrote: I noticed an issue with alphabet strip. If we scroll it fast they show a glitch. You can see this glitch better if you are in list or low list view, but happens in all.
Another thing with it is that for showing alphabet strip you move the titles to the left, leaving an empty space when not showing. This empty is not visual good in list view type. In icons, panel, big panel, fanart this don't bother at all. For me the main problem is when I'm navegating in episodes (for movies and tv show I use icon and icon with banner views, respectively), because episodes are not sort by title title and not use alphabet strip, but the empty space is still there.
I know that is need more space to show alphabet than just the scroll bar, but there exist another way, or not?
What if we move the circle with watching status for another position?
In list, low list and tall list for the beginner.
In big list for the bottom, at the beginning, where it shows duration, and etc.
The others, like I said, can keep because don't affect.

But this is just an idea, and again, like I always say, this sound good in my mind but they may not be in reality.

Also, a little little thing that I noticed right now, can you switch the order of big list and tall list in display in the left menu? Because tall list, list and los list are the same view just with differents sizes, just to keep an order.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-12

(2019-08-12, 15:14)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-12, 14:59)edjalmo Wrote: I noticed an issue with alphabet strip. If we scroll it fast they show a glitch. You can see this glitch better if you are in list or low list view, but happens in all.

But this is just an idea, and again, like I always say, this sound good in my mind but they may not be in reality.

Also, a little little thing that I noticed right now, can you switch the order of big list and tall list in display in the left menu? Because tall list, list and los list are the same view just with differents sizes, just to keep an order. 
@edjalmo, thanks for your feedback.  I think for me to understand better what you mean, please send me a mock-up of what you have in mind.

I understand about the empty space.  It would require a lot of code and it would be a lot more complicated (for me) to have the lists be different sizes depending on whether the alphabet strip is enabled or not.  I am not sure I could even do that.

I see your point about the order of the views, I will change that.

Regards,

Bart

@edjalmo , I am not sure what you mean by glitch?

(2019-08-12, 17:02)bsoriano Wrote:

The glitch is that when you scroll faster they show another alphabet strip in background, and if we are in low list view, for example, they will past the edge.

(2019-08-12, 16:55)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-12, 15:14)edjalmo Wrote:

@edjalmo, thanks for your feedback.  I think for me to understand better what you mean, please send me a mock-up of what you have in mind.

I understand about the empty space.  It would require a lot of code and it would be a lot more complicated (for me) to have the lists be different sizes depending on whether the alphabet strip is enabled or not.  I am not sure I could even do that.

Regards,

Bart 

Here the mock-ups: https://imgur.com/a/m7zad2T
(For big list I made just for the first title because would give me much job to make it all with my knowledge)
So this way you reduce the size of the empty space in list views to just the size of the alphabet strip.

(2019-08-12, 18:55)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-12, 16:55)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-12, 15:14)edjalmo Wrote: What if we move the circle with watching status for another position?

Regards,

Bart 

Here the mock-ups: https://imgur.com/a/m7zad2T
(For big list I made just for the first title because would give me much job to make it all with my knowledge)
So this way you reduce the size of the empty space in list views to just the size of the alphabet strip.

Thanks! I will see what I can do.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-08-12, 18:39)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-12, 17:02)bsoriano Wrote:

The glitch is that when you scroll faster they show another alphabet strip in background, and if we are in low list view, for example, they will past the edge.

I have not seen that and don’t know what could cause that. I will test some more tonight and see if I can replicate the issue.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-08-12, 19:53)bsoriano Wrote: I have not seen that and don’t know what could cause that. I will test some more tonight and see if I can replicate the issue.

Is more easy to see in low list view. Press the down button and holden and you will see.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Edworld - 2019-08-13

bsoriano:

Small things in dialogvideoinfo.

All the ratings on the top need a little more space, maybe 2 spaces after the percent will create separation.

I have the colored studio selected. When you browse a movie that doesn't have the colored studio it doesn't show anything. An option would be to show the studio name.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-13

(2019-08-13, 02:23)Edworld Wrote: bsoriano:

Small things in dialogvideoinfo.

All the ratings on the top need a little more space, maybe 2 spaces after the percent will create separation.

I have the colored studio selected. When you browse a movie that doesn't have the colored studio it doesn't show anything. An option would be to show the studio name.

@Edworld, thanks for your feedback. I will look at the spacing to see how it can be improved.

In regards to the studio, I am always showing the text below with the other info (genre, director, etc.). I am not too keen on adding the text above as well, given that a lot of times the studio name might be long, or multiple studio names.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-13

(2019-08-12, 20:27)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-12, 19:53)bsoriano Wrote: I have not seen that and don’t know what could cause that. I will test some more tonight and see if I can replicate the issue.

Is more easy to see in low list view. Press the down button and holden and you will see.

@edjalmo, I was able to replicate the issue in one of my machines. I don’t know right now why this is happening, so I don’t have a fix. It might be a while before I can find a solution.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Faldaani - 2019-08-13

(2019-08-11, 21:38)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-11, 20:56)Faldaani Wrote: I can't seem to set the sort order of shelves to "None". It always reverts back to "Title".

Specifically, this is for the "Next Episodes" from skin-helper-service and "On Deck" from PlexKodiConnect. I want to display them in whatever order they're sent to the UI as. Horizon skin does this but it's bloated and buggy, I just want to use Amber Sad

EDIT: Kodi 18.3, skin from your repository, not the kodi one.

@Faldaani, please download the latest from my GitHub, Leia branch. I have not updated my repo in a little while (still some WIP features that need more testing), and the fix for the issue you are having is already in Git. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 

Thanks, that did it!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-08-13

@bsoriano I have another ideia for skin in design part. I know that you said that are not good in design part, but I think this is easy to make.
The thing is just to make all buttons with rounded corners. Like, in dialog video info the buttons is already with rounded corners, but when they are select they are not. So, the rounded corners could be subtle as are the buttons in video info when they are not selected (you can us they as reference).
It's a simple detail, but I think it will give the skin a prettier look.
What do you think?
EDIT: correcting myself, because may have an misunderstood here. The buttons I'm talking about is the yellow rectangles that indicate to us when something is selected.

This ideia also make me see a little little little "issue". This "issue" is just because in all places when a label are selected (and the yellow rectangle show) the selection never touch the borders, but in Amber settings (in the left border in right side) they touch. I don't remember if they was always this way, but why make just in this place different?!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-08-13

(2019-08-13, 02:37)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-12, 20:27)edjalmo Wrote:

@edjalmo, I was able to replicate the issue in one of my machines. I don’t know right now why this is happening, so I don’t have a fix. It might be a while before I can find a solution.

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks! I also noticed that if we did this (press the down button and holden) without we are in alphabet strip they will show this glitch.