Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-08-14

(2019-08-13, 16:56)edjalmo Wrote: @bsoriano I have another ideia for skin in design part. I know that you said that are not good in design part, but I think this is easy to make.
The thing is just to make all buttons with rounded corners. Like, in dialog video info the buttons is already with rounded corners, but when they are select they are not. So, the rounded corners could be subtle as are the buttons in video info when they are not selected (you can us they as reference).
It's a simple detail, but I think it will give the skin a prettier look.
What do you think?
EDIT: correcting myself, because may have an misunderstood here. The buttons I'm talking about is the yellow rectangles that indicate to us when something is selected.

This ideia also make me see a little little little "issue". This "issue" is just because in all places when a label are selected (and the yellow rectangle show) the selection never touch the borders, but in Amber settings (in the left border in right side) they touch. I don't remember if they was always this way, but why make just in this place different?!

I figured out how do this, but the result are not good. For what I could saw the skin use the same image for a lot of places, so when I put an image with rounded corners in some place they showed good, but in others not. Like, in dialog video info they show good in actions buttons (play, trailer...) but in Director, Writter... not. In the options in fullscreen video are good (subtitler icon...), but when I select subtitler (with enabler, download...) they not. So please, don't bother with this now. My apologies for this. Only consider in my comment the little little little"issue" that I mentioned.

Regards!

EDIT: some screenshots with my point: https://imgur.com/a/tsshC8k

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-14

(2019-08-14, 04:12)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-13, 16:56)edjalmo Wrote: @bsoriano I have another ideia for skin in design part. I know that you said that are not good in design part, but I think this is easy to make.
The thing is just to make all buttons with rounded corners. Like, in dialog video info the buttons is already with rounded corners, but when they are select they are not. So, the rounded corners could be subtle as are the buttons in video info when they are not selected (you can us they as reference).
What do you think?
EDIT: correcting myself, because may have an misunderstood here. The buttons I'm talking about is the yellow rectangles that indicate to us when something is selected.

This ideia also make me see a little little little "issue". This "issue" is just because in all places when a label are selected (and the yellow rectangle show) the selection never touch the borders, but in Amber settings (in the left border in right side) they touch. I don't remember if they was always this way, but why make just in this place different?!

I figured out how do this, but the result are not good. For what I could saw the skin use the same image for a lot of places, so when I put an image with rounded corners in some place they showed good, but in others not. Like, in dialog video info they show good in actions buttons (play, trailer...) but in Director, Writter... not. In the options in fullscreen video are good (subtitler icon...), but when I select subtitler (with enabler, download...) they not. So please, don't bother with this now. My apologies for this. Only consider in my comment the little little little"issue" that I mentioned.

Regards!

@edjalmo , thanks for your feedback and for always looking for ways to improve the skin.  Yes, the highlight texture is used everywhere in the skin, and a new one with rounded border would need to be created.  Probably more than one.  That is not something I will be doing.

I will check the issue you mention about the highlight touching the border in skin settings.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-08-14

(2019-08-14, 17:56)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-14, 04:12)edjalmo Wrote:
What do you think?

Regards!

@edjalmo , thanks for your feedback and for always looking for ways to improve the skin.  Yes, the highlight texture is used everywhere in the skin, and a new one with rounded border would need to be created.  Probably more than one.  That is not something I will be doing.

I will check the issue you mention about the highlight touching the border in skin settings.

Regards,

Bart  

Uhum, but hope maybe on a future, after you have done everything of your to-do list Smile

Let me say another thing that I noticed, before I forget.
The Recently Played Tv Show shelf don't show tv shows that are marked as watched, what no make sense, right? The Recently Played Movies show them.

Thanks!

(2019-08-14, 18:21)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-14, 17:56)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-14, 04:12)edjalmo Wrote: I figured out how do this, but the result are not good. For what I could saw the skin use the same image for a lot of places, so when I put an image with rounded corners in some place they showed good, but in others not. Like, in dialog video info they show good in actions buttons (play, trailer...) but in Director, Writter... not. In the options in fullscreen video are good (subtitler icon...), but when I select subtitler (with enabler, download...) they not. So please, don't bother with this now. My apologies for this. Only consider in my comment the little little little"issue" that I mentioned.

Regards!

Regards,

Bart   

Uhum, but hope maybe on a future, after you have done everything of your to-do list Smile

The Recently Played Tv Show shelf don't show tv shows that are marked as watched, what no make sense, right? The Recently Played Movies show them.

Thanks! 
@edjalmo, other users asked me to have the Recently Played TV Shows default shelf not show tv shows that are completely watched.

Please check the latest from Git, I fixed the issue with the highlight touching the border in skin settings.  I have not looked at the alphabet strip issue yet.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-08-13, 02:23)Edworld Wrote: bsoriano:

Small things in dialogvideoinfo.

All the ratings on the top need a little more space, maybe 2 spaces after the percent will create separation.

I have the colored studio selected. When you browse a movie that doesn't have the colored studio it doesn't show anything. An option would be to show the studio name.
@Edworld, please check the latest from Git.  I have improved the spacing on the ratings bar.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-15

Hello all,

I just pushed some updates to Git (both branches).  The main change, and this is still a work in progress, is being able to show online movie (only movies right now) info from TMDB when you press I on any shelf item from one of the shelves from themoviedb helper plugin by @jurialmunkey, such as Upcoming Movies or In Theater Movies.  I also included a first version (still rudimentary) of showing online TMDB info for the cast members (press enter)  when you are looking at video info from the plugin.  I will be expanding this in the near future.

It is possible you experience errors when trying to view cast info from the plugin.  It appears TMDB is having some issues.

Please test and report any bugs.  As I said, this is still WIP.  Thank you.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Edworld - 2019-08-15

(2019-08-14, 23:56)bsoriano Wrote:

All the ratings on the top need a little more space, maybe 2 spaces after the percent will create separation.

I have the colored studio selected. When you browse a movie that doesn't have the colored studio it doesn't show anything. An option would be to show the studio name.
@Edworld, please check the latest from Git.  I have improved the spacing on the ratings bar.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  
Looks good to me!

When using fanart view type and you select to show info, movie posters shift down and time /ratings disappear. If it is by design, it is ok, but maybe move the movie title a little down so it doesn't overlap with the poster.

Edit #1 - When you display show info, it includes movie title, so I think you can get rid of the movie title underneath the poster. You show the plot in 4 rows, a portion of the 5th row is displayed.

Nice to have: Maybe include an option to display critics consensus instead of plot. Or shorten the number of rows for plot and show both plot and critics consensus (provided by Jurial Munkeys plugin).

This view also shows user rating of the movie, maybe add that if user rating is not available to fallback to imdb. This would apply to all views.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Edworld - 2019-08-15

(2019-08-15, 00:02)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I just pushed some updates to Git (both branches).  The main change, and this is still a work in progress, is being able to show online movie (only movies right now) info from TMDB when you press I on any shelf item from one of the shelves from themoviedb helper plugin by @jurialmunkey, such as Upcoming Movies or In Theater Movies.  I also included a first version (still rudimentary) of showing online TMDB info for the cast members (press enter)  when you are looking at video info from the plugin.  I will be expanding this in the near future.

It is possible you experience errors when trying to view cast info from the plugin.  It appears TMDB is having some issues.

Regards,

Bart
I just tested this, and ratings are displayed in different order compared to dialogvideoinfo. I like that you display votes for imdb and tmdb, would be nice to display votes/reviews for rotten tomatoes and metacritic but that would take a lot of space.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-08-15

(2019-08-14, 23:53)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-14, 18:21)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-14, 17:56)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , thanks for your feedback and for always looking for ways to improve the skin.  Yes, the highlight texture is used everywhere in the skin, and a new one with rounded border would need to be created.  Probably more than one.  That is not something I will be doing.

Regards,

Bart   

Thanks!      
@edjalmo, other users asked me to have the Recently Played TV Shows default shelf not show tv shows that are completely watched.

Please check the latest from Git, I fixed the issue with the highlight touching the border in skin settings.  I have not looked at the alphabet strip issue yet.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart     
To me this don't make sense, last played is last played... but I kinda understand this.
A good option to workaround this is to add an option on each shelf to not hide watched movies/tv shows/episodes/albums... Of course this don't have to be in all shelfs, just on those make sense. For me: recently added, recently played and in progress.
Thanks!

(2019-08-15, 00:29)Edworld Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 00:02)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

Regards,

Bart
I just tested this, and ratings are displayed in different order compared to dialogvideoinfo. I like that you display votes for imdb and tmdb, would be nice to display votes/reviews for rotten tomatoes and metacritic but that would take a lot of space.

@Edworld, yes, the order is different because the main rating for the widget items from the plugin is tmdb, not imdb. I agree with you on the votes/reviews for rt and metacritic, but I would have to redesign a lot of the dialog to have the info together with the ratings as they are now.

Would a good compromise be to have this as text along with the other info items that appear to the right of the plot? Please let me know your thoughts on this option. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-08-15, 04:22)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-14, 23:53)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-14, 18:21)edjalmo Wrote: Uhum, but hope maybe on a future, after you have done everything of your to-do list Smile

Thanks!      

Regards,

Bart     
To me this don't make sense, last played is last played... but I kinda understand this.
A good option to workaround this is to add an option on each shelf to not hide watched movies/tv shows/episodes/albums... Of course this don't have to be in all shelfs, just on those make sense. For me: recently added, recently played and in progress.
Thanks!

@edjalmo, while I cannot have it as an option for each shelf, what I can do is create separate playlists that include watched items, and you will be able to use those as shelves. How does that sound to you?

Regards,

Bart

(2019-08-15, 00:23)Edworld Wrote:
(2019-08-14, 23:56)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart   
Looks good to me!

When using fanart view type and you select to show info, movie posters shift down and time /ratings disappear. If it is by design, it is ok, but maybe move the movie title a little down so it doesn't overlap with the poster.

Edit #1 - When you display show info, it includes movie title, so I think you can get rid of the movie title underneath the poster. You show the plot in 4 rows, a portion of the 5th row is displayed.

Nice to have: Maybe include an option to display critics consensus instead of plot. Or shorten the number of rows for plot and show both plot and critics consensus (provided by Jurial Munkeys plugin).

This view also shows user rating of the movie, maybe add that if user rating is not available to fallback to imdb. This would apply to all views. 

@Edworld, thanks for the ideas, all very valid. I will keep them in mind. I still have to give a lot more thought about how to show ratings in all views. I want to find an efficient way that does not slow down the skin when browsing through your library. More to come on this.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-08-15, 04:42)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 04:22)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-14, 23:53)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, other users asked me to have the Recently Played TV Shows default shelf not show tv shows that are completely watched.

Regards,

Bart     
Thanks!  

@edjalmo, while I cannot have it as an option for each shelf, what I can do is create separate playlists that include watched items, and you will be able to use those as shelves. How does that sound to you?

Regards,

Bart  

Is not possible to use conditions in skinshortcuts? I was thought that you could use something like use in skin to show/not show items.
I never played with playlists before, so cannot give an answer to you now.
PS. You tag the wrong person in the above post.

EDIT: maybe is this https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts/blob/master/resources/docs/advanced/Overriding%20an%20action.md#overriding-an-action ?

@bsoriano, @Edworld talk about Fanart view make me see a thing about alphabet strip. In this view the glitch don't happend at all (what happens here is that if you enable the option push down for gallery, and use it, the alphabetical strip will be touching the media flags). Also, I could noticed that is not an issue show the alphabet strip when we're scrolling in movie title (not inside alphabet strip), they show when we change from a letter to other (I checked in Arctic Zephyr: 2 and is this way too). The issue is because in other views they show another in background (showing two misaligned alphabet strip), and when we are in list view this other one goes over the edge.

PS. I put an edit in previous comment, please see if this is a solution.

(2019-08-15, 05:09)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 04:42)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 04:22)edjalmo Wrote: To me this don't make sense, last played is last played... but I kinda understand this.
Thanks!  

Regards,

Bart   

Is not possible to use conditions in skinshortcuts? I was thought that you could use something like use in skin to show/not show items.
I never played with playlists before, so cannot give an answer to you now.
PS. You tag the wrong person in the above post.

EDIT: maybe is this https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts/blob/master/resources/docs/advanced/Overriding%20an%20action.md#overriding-an-action ? 
@edjalmo , this is not a skinshortcuts issue.  The default shelves I included are either based on your library or smart playlists I included with the skin, to make sure they are very fast.  So I have to change the source of the shelf (library or playlist) to not include or include watched items.  So what I will do is create a separate Recently Played TV Shows playlist that includes watched items and show it as a default shelf you can choose when configuring your shelves.

Sorry about the incorrect tag in the post.

Regards,

Bart