Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-15

(2019-08-15, 14:29)edjalmo Wrote: @bsoriano, @Edworld talk about Fanart view make me see a thing about alphabet strip. In this view the glitch don't happend at all (what happens here is that if you enable the option push down for gallery, and use it, the alphabetical strip will be touching the media flags). Also, I could noticed that is not an issue show the alphabet strip when we're scrolling in movie title (not inside alphabet strip), they show when we change from a letter to other (I checked in Arctic Zephyr: 2 and is this way too). The issue is because in other views they show another in background (showing two misaligned alphabet strip), and when we are in list view this other one goes over the edge.

PS. I put an edit in previous comment, please see if this is a solution.
@edjalmo , thanks for the additional feedback.  I need to look further at fanart view.  I will be working on the alphabet strip in the next couple of days.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-08-15

(2019-08-15, 15:29)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 05:09)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 04:42)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, while I cannot have it as an option for each shelf, what I can do is create separate playlists that include watched items, and you will be able to use those as shelves. How does that sound to you?

Regards,

Bart   

Is not possible to use conditions in skinshortcuts? I was thought that you could use something like use in skin to show/not show items.
I never played with playlists before, so cannot give an answer to you now.
PS. You tag the wrong person in the above post.

EDIT: maybe is this https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts/blob/master/resources/docs/advanced/Overriding%20an%20action.md#overriding-an-action ? 
@edjalmo , this is not a skinshortcuts issue.  The default shelves I included are either based on your library or smart playlists I included with the skin, to make sure they are very fast.  So I have to change the source of the shelf (library or playlist) to not include or include watched items.  So what I will do is create a separate Recently Played TV Shows playlist that includes watched items and show it as a default shelf you can choose when configuring your shelves.

Sorry about the incorrect tag in the post.

Regards,

Bart 
It's because I check this commit and removing the <rule> it show watched items again, so I was thought you could add an condition there (like <visible>?) to use this lines or not, base in an selecting button.

(2019-08-15, 15:48)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 15:29)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 05:09)edjalmo Wrote: Is not possible to use conditions in skinshortcuts? I was thought that you could use something like use in skin to show/not show items.
I never played with playlists before, so cannot give an answer to you now.
PS. You tag the wrong person in the above post.

EDIT: maybe is this https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts/blob/master/resources/docs/advanced/Overriding%20an%20action.md#overriding-an-action ?
@edjalmo , this is not a skinshortcuts issue.  The default shelves I included are either based on your library or smart playlists I included with the skin, to make sure they are very fast.  So I have to change the source of the shelf (library or playlist) to not include or include watched items.  So what I will do is create a separate Recently Played TV Shows playlist that includes watched items and show it as a default shelf you can choose when configuring your shelves.

Regards,

Bart  
It's because I check this commit and removing the <rule> it show watched items again, so I was thought you could add an condition there (like <visible>?) to use this lines or not, base in an selecting button. 
@edjalmo , precisely the file that that commit modifies is a playlist like I was saying.  Anything in Kodi with an .xsp extension is an xml playlist.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-08-15, 16:04)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 15:48)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 15:29)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , this is not a skinshortcuts issue.  The default shelves I included are either based on your library or smart playlists I included with the skin, to make sure they are very fast.  So I have to change the source of the shelf (library or playlist) to not include or include watched items.  So what I will do is create a separate Recently Played TV Shows playlist that includes watched items and show it as a default shelf you can choose when configuring your shelves.

Regards,

Bart  
@edjalmo , precisely the file that that commit modifies is a playlist like I was saying.  Anything in Kodi with an .xsp extension is an xml playlist.

Regards,

Bart 

So, recently watched tv show is already a playlist? Because deleting the <rule> this affect this shelf.
Explaining more my thought: you already put options to user changes in shelfs like sort by and order, so what I thought is that watched itens could be an option like that, but it seems it is not. Sorry to insist too much in this, just wanna understand if this is not possible.

(2019-08-15, 16:13)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 16:04)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 15:48)edjalmo Wrote: It's because I check this commit and removing the <rule> it show watched items again, so I was thought you could add an condition there (like <visible>?) to use this lines or not, base in an selecting button.  

Regards,

Bart   

So, recently watched tv show is already a playlist? Because deleting the <rule> this affect this shelf.
Explaining more my thought: you already put options to user changes in shelfs like sort by and order, so what I thought is that watched itens could be an option like that, but it seems it is not. Sorry to insist too much in this, just wanna understand if this is not possible.  
@edjalmo , unfortunately it is not, since I cannot change the playlist on the fly from a skin.  Sort by, sort order and limit can be changed on the fly, as these are parameters to be used in showing lists of content.  The rules are integral part of the playlist themselves. Addons, like skin helper widgets, have settings like that, where you can specify to include watched items or not, but using those (which you can, I have those under Additional Shelves) usually means less performance.  In my case, I will just provide a different playlist and for you it will just be choosing that shelf instead of the other one. 

Of course, this means that if at some point you don't want to include watched items, you will have to choose a different shelf.  In my opinion this is a small price to pay.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-08-15, 16:22)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 16:13)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 16:04)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , precisely the file that that commit modifies is a playlist like I was saying.  Anything in Kodi with an .xsp extension is an xml playlist.

Regards,

Bart   

@edjalmo , unfortunately it is not, since I cannot change the playlist on the fly from a skin.  Sort by, sort order and limit can be changed on the fly, as these are parameters to be used in showing lists of content.  The rules are integral part of the playlist themselves. Addons, like skin helper widgets, have settings like that, where you can specify to include watched items or not, but using those (which you can, I have those under Additional Shelves) usually means less performance.  In my case, I will just provide a different playlist and for you it will just be choosing that shelf instead of the other one. 

Of course, this means that if at some point you don't want to include watched items, you will have to choose a different shelf.  In my opinion this is a small price to pay.

Regards,

Bart

Understand! Thanks for clarify this to me.
Yeah, I already test additional shelves an is less performance (and I use a Raspberry Pi).
I think I agree with this playlist. In first time you wrote I thought that playlist was different of a shelf, but it's shows equal.
If is not ask to much, could you add too shelfs to recently added, recently played and in progress, for all types of media (music, tv show, movies, albuns, artist...)? If the anwser is yes, you need to disabler watched itens in this default shelfs, and add this new shelfs (playlists) with a label that indicate that to users, and when we add this shelfs to home we can delete the words that indicate this shelf has watched itens.

(2019-08-15, 17:04)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 16:22)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 16:13)edjalmo Wrote: So, recently watched tv show is already a playlist? Because deleting the <rule> this affect this shelf.

Regards,

Bart 

Yeah, I already test additional shelves an is less performance (and I use a Raspberry Pi).
I think I agree with this playlist. In first time you wrote I thought that playlist was different of a shelf, but it's shows equal.
If is not ask to much, could you add too shelfs to recently added, recently played and in progress, for all types of media (music, tv show, movies, albuns, artist...)? If the anwser is yes, you need to disabler watched itens in this default shelfs, and add this new shelfs (playlists) with a label that indicate that to users, and when we add this shelfs to home we can delete the words that indicate this shelf has watched itens. 
@edjalmo , I found a way to make this a skin setting (Show fully watched items in recent and in-progress shelves), without you having to configure a different shelf.  I will test some more and push changes to Git this evening.  Thanks for insisting on this, it got me thinking some more about it.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-08-15, 18:04)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 17:04)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 16:22)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , unfortunately it is not, since I cannot change the playlist on the fly from a skin.  Sort by, sort order and limit can be changed on the fly, as these are parameters to be used in showing lists of content.  The rules are integral part of the playlist themselves. Addons, like skin helper widgets, have settings like that, where you can specify to include watched items or not, but using those (which you can, I have those under Additional Shelves) usually means less performance.  In my case, I will just provide a different playlist and for you it will just be choosing that shelf instead of the other one. 

Regards,

Bart 

@edjalmo , I found a way to make this a skin setting (Show fully watched items in recent and in-progress shelves), without you having to configure a different shelf.  I will test some more and push changes to Git this evening.  Thanks for insisting on this, it got me thinking some more about it.

Regards,

Bart 

This is so good!
Eagerly waiting Smile
Thanks very much!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-16

Hello all,

I just pushed some changes to Git (both branches).  I have added a new option in Amber Settings,General: Show Watched Items in Recent Shelves.  When you set this option to Yes, the default Recently Added shelves (movies, tv shows, musicvideos, episodes, songs) will show watched/played items, as well as the default Recently Played TV Shows shelf.  When the option is set to No (this is the default), watched/played items will not be included in these shelves.

Please download, test, and let me know your feedback.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Edworld - 2019-08-16

(2019-08-15, 04:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 00:29)Edworld Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 00:02)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I just pushed some updates to Git (both branches).  The main change, and this is still a work in progress, is being able to show online movie (only movies right now) info from TMDB when you press I on any shelf item from one of the shelves from themoviedb helper plugin by @jurialmunkey, such as Upcoming Movies or In Theater Movies.  I also included a first version (still rudimentary) of showing online TMDB info for the cast members (press enter)  when you are looking at video info from the plugin.  I will be expanding this in the near future.

It is possible you experience errors when trying to view cast info from the plugin.  It appears TMDB is having some issues.

Please test and report any bugs.  As I said, this is still WIP.  Thank you.

Regards,

Bart
I just tested this, and ratings are displayed in different order compared to dialogvideoinfo. I like that you display votes for imdb and tmdb, would be nice to display votes/reviews for rotten tomatoes and metacritic but that would take a lot of space. 

@Edworld, yes, the order is different because the main rating for the widget items from the plugin is tmdb, not imdb. I agree with you on the votes/reviews for rt and metacritic, but I would have to redesign a lot of the dialog to have the info together with the ratings as they are now.

Would a good compromise be to have this as text along with the other info items that appear to the right of the plot? Please let me know your thoughts on this option. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
I think this would work, nox5 has a similar implementation after you press the info button

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-08-16

(2019-08-16, 00:54)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I just pushed some changes to Git (both branches).  I have added a new option in Amber Settings,General: Show Watched Items in Recent Shelves.  When you set this option to Yes, the default Recently Added shelves (movies, tv shows, musicvideos, episodes, songs) will show watched/played items, as well as the default Recently Played TV Shows shelf.  When the option is set to No (this is the default), watched/played items will not be included in these shelves.

Regards,

Bart
Thank you very much for this!

My feedback: I think you have to add this option for other shelves too, like artists and albums.
You forgot to add this to recent played movies and recently played episodes. Recent added episodes is not working.
Also in progress tv shows don't show complete watched tv shows, but when I play a new episode and not finish technically this tv show is in progress. In progress shelves of episodes and movies shows already watched videos if I play them again. I think this global option must be in in progress itens too.
I checked others skins and none show in progress tv show this way I was suggested. I think this is based on season and not episodes. So, I think I had a wrong thought, sorry.

Also noticed that recently added songs not shows the marks with watched status. Actually none of music shelves show this.

(2019-08-16, 02:29)edjalmo Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

My feedback: I think you have to add this option for other shelves too, like artists and albums.
You forgot to add this to recent played movies and recently played episodes. Recent added episodes is not working.
Also in progress tv shows don't show complete watched tv shows, but when I play a new episode and not finish technically this tv show is in progress. In progress shelves of episodes and movies shows already watched videos if I play them again. I think this global option must be in in progress itens too.
I checked others skins and none show in progress tv show this way I was suggested. I think this is based on season and not episodes. So, I think I had a wrong thought, sorry.

Also noticed that recently added songs not shows the marks with watched status. Actually none of music shelves show this.

@edjalmo, thanks! I will check recently added episodes. Recently played movies already showed watched, so no changes there. Same for recently played episodes.

Also, the music library does not show watched/played marks. Have you seen this in other skins? If so, let me know which please.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-08-16, 03:18)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-16, 02:29)edjalmo Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

@edjalmo, thanks! I will check recently added episodes. Recently played movies already showed watched, so no changes there. Same for recently played episodes.

Also, the music library does not show watched/played marks. Have you seen this in other skins? If so, let me know which please.

Regards,

Bart 
No, you're right, there's no marks for music in other skins. Actually I noticed that Kodi don't have an button to mark as watched for music.

About recently played movies and recently played episodes:
I talk about this because this global option affect recently played tv shows, and may this confuse people. And if you keep they this way maybe someday someone may come here asking for you remove watched itens in recently played movies or episodes. I know that you may prefere this configuration (and I'm too) but other users maybe not. For keep it more customizable (to cover more cases) you have do add this option for individual shelfs and not global, in my opinian.

(2019-08-16, 14:24)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-16, 03:18)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-16, 02:29)edjalmo Wrote: Thank you very much for this!

Regards,

Bart 
No, you're right, there's no marks for music in other skins. Actually I noticed that Kodi don't have an button to mark as watched for music.

I talk about this because this global option affect recently played tv shows, and may this confuse people. And if you keep they this way maybe someday someone may come here asking for you remove watched itens in recently played movies or episodes. I know that you may prefere this configuration (and I'm too) but other users maybe not. For keep it more customizable (to cover more cases) you have do add this option for individual shelfs and not global, in my opinian.

@edjalmo, thanks! I think you are correct with recently played, I will add the separate playlists for those. I will not be making this an option on a shelf by shelf basis, the code would be too complicated for me.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-08-16, 14:48)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-16, 14:24)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-16, 03:18)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, thanks! I will check recently added episodes. Recently played movies already showed watched, so no changes there. Same for recently played episodes.

Regards,

Bart 

@edjalmo, thanks! I think you are correct with recently played, I will add the separate playlists for those. I will not be making this an option on a shelf by shelf basis, the code would be too complicated for me.

Regards,

Bart 

Thanks! In this case keep all default for showing watched items or not (just to not get messy) and change the label of the global option to indicate that it work only for recently added shelves.