Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-19

(2019-08-16, 15:08)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-16, 14:48)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-16, 14:24)edjalmo Wrote: No, you're right, there's no marks for music in other skins. Actually I noticed that Kodi don't have an button to mark as watched for music.

About recently played movies and recently played episodes:
I talk about this because this global option affect recently played tv shows, and may this confuse people. And if you keep they this way maybe someday someone may come here asking for you remove watched itens in recently played movies or episodes. I know that you may prefere this configuration (and I'm too) but other users maybe not. For keep it more customizable (to cover more cases) you have do add this option for individual shelfs and not global, in my opinian. 

@edjalmo, thanks! I think you are correct with recently played, I will add the separate playlists for those. I will not be making this an option on a shelf by shelf basis, the code would be too complicated for me.

Regards,

Bart  

Thanks! In this case keep all default for showing watched items or not (just to not get messy) and change the label of the global option to indicate that it work only for recently added shelves. 
@edjalmo, I thought about this some more, and I will leave recently played movies and episodes as they are.  It does not make sense to me to only have in-progress items in these; if you want to show only in-progress, you can use the in-progress movies shelf or in-progress episodes shelf.  Both of those are already sorted by default on lastplayed date, descending.  Also, I will leave the label for the new option as is.  My explanation of the feature covered all of the scenarios where it applies.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-08-19

(2019-08-19, 17:16)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, I thought about this some more, and I will leave recently played movies and episodes as they are.  It does not make sense to me to only have in-progress items in these; if you want to show only in-progress, you can use the in-progress movies shelf or in-progress episodes shelf.  Both of those are already sorted by default on lastplayed date, descending.  Also, I will leave the label for the new option as is.  My explanation of the feature covered all of the scenarios where it applies.

Regards,

Bart

All right! I understand about In-progress.
I still think my comment is valid, and may someday someone came here, but no problem, for me this setup works!
Thanks!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-19

(2019-08-16, 01:12)Edworld Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 04:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 00:29)Edworld Wrote: I just tested this, and ratings are displayed in different order compared to dialogvideoinfo. I like that you display votes for imdb and tmdb, would be nice to display votes/reviews for rotten tomatoes and metacritic but that would take a lot of space. 

@Edworld, yes, the order is different because the main rating for the widget items from the plugin is tmdb, not imdb. I agree with you on the votes/reviews for rt and metacritic, but I would have to redesign a lot of the dialog to have the info together with the ratings as they are now.

Would a good compromise be to have this as text along with the other info items that appear to the right of the plot? Please let me know your thoughts on this option. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  
I think this would work, nox5 has a similar implementation after you press the info button 
@Edworld, please check the latest from Git.  I added, to the right of the plot, below budget and revenue, all of the additional RT info that themoviedb.helper provides (it does not provide additional metacritic info).  Please let me know if you agree with the labels.  The Critics' consensus is clickable.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-08-20

(2019-08-19, 19:35)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-19, 17:16)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, I thought about this some more, and I will leave recently played movies and episodes as they are.  It does not make sense to me to only have in-progress items in these; if you want to show only in-progress, you can use the in-progress movies shelf or in-progress episodes shelf.  Both of those are already sorted by default on lastplayed date, descending.  Also, I will leave the label for the new option as is.  My explanation of the feature covered all of the scenarios where it applies.

Regards,

Bart

I still think my comment is valid, and may someday someone came here, but no problem, for me this setup works!
Thanks!        
@bsoriano, I found a solution for all cases!

I kinda new in Kodi. Kodi has a lot of functions that I not know yet, an example is playlist. I was thought that only you could creat playlist to we use as a shelf, but I was wrong. We (just users) can create them. Kodi has Smart Playlist, than mean we can create rules to show things or not with it.
Exemple of how show watched itens as a shelf using smart playlist:
1. Go to Playlists (down of movies/tv show) > New Smart Playlist > 
2. Put a Name: Recently Played Movies (for example)
3. Select Type: Movies;
4. Order by: Last Played;
5. On other Order by: Descending;
6. Click OK to save.
7. Go to Amber Settings > Home Layout > Customize Home Menu and Shelves > Movies > Select one Shelf > Shelf X > Video Library > Playlist > Recently Played Movies
Done!

Screenshot example

If you want hide watched itens repeat steps 1 through 3 and click in New Rule >
Change "Title" to "Play Count";
Change "Is" to "Less Than";
Put 0 in Value to Match.
OK to save.
Repeat pass 7 to add as a shelf.
Done!
(thanks to this I learned how not show watched items)

Screenshot example

This could be old things to you guys, but for me is a new thing!

Said that @bsoriano I think you could remove the Recently Played TVShows of your new option (and show it as Kodi's default or you preference), just to keep things organized, so this way this option is valid for only Recently Added Shelfs (and this option is good because is a good shortcut for this than create a playlist).
If someday someone ask you to show or not show watched itens you can said that they can do this already and link they to Kodi Smart playlists: https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists

Sorry for the misunderstanding but I really didn't know about this function!

(PS. In the creation of playlist page they show "Order By" two times (in the exemple for last played and for descending. Also, in Order By: Descending it's a little confuse (at least for me) because they show order By: Descending and have another Descending in the end.
Oh, and just remember that Recent added episodes is not working, at least not in Leia)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Edworld - 2019-08-20

(2019-08-19, 22:24)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-15, 04:40)bsoriano Wrote: @Edworld, yes, the order is different because the main rating for the widget items from the plugin is tmdb, not imdb. I agree with you on the votes/reviews for rt and metacritic, but I would have to redesign a lot of the dialog to have the info together with the ratings as they are now.

Would a good compromise be to have this as text along with the other info items that appear to the right of the plot? Please let me know your thoughts on this option. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  
I think this would work, nox5 has a similar implementation after you press the info button  
@Edworld, please check the latest from Git.  I added, to the right of the plot, below budget and revenue, all of the additional RT info that themoviedb.helper provides (it does not provide additional metacritic info).  Please let me know if you agree with the labels.  The Critics' consensus is clickable.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks, it works on widgets.

Do you have any plans to incorporate on dialogvideoinfo?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-20

(2019-08-20, 03:12)Edworld Wrote:
(2019-08-16, 01:12)Edworld Wrote: I think this would work, nox5 has a similar implementation after you press the info button  

Regards,

Bart  
Thanks, it works on widgets.

Do you have any plans to incorporate on dialogvideoinfo? 
@Edworld, do you mean for local content? If so, then yes, I am planning on it.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-08-20, 00:22)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-19, 19:35)edjalmo Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

Thanks!         
@bsoriano, I found a solution for all cases!

I kinda new in Kodi. Kodi has a lot of functions that I not know yet, an example is playlist. I was thought that only you could creat playlist to we use as a shelf, but I was wrong. We (just users) can create them. Kodi has Smart Playlist, than mean we can create rules to show things or not with it.
Exemple of how show watched itens as a shelf using smart playlist:
1. Go to Playlists (down of movies/tv show) > New Smart Playlist > 
2. Put a Name: Recently Played Movies (for example)
3. Select Type: Movies;
4. Order by: Last Played;
5. On other Order by: Descending;
6. Click OK to save.
7. Go to Amber Settings > Home Layout > Customize Home Menu and Shelves > Movies > Select one Shelf > Shelf X > Video Library > Playlist > Recently Played Movies
Done!

Screenshot example

If you want hide watched itens repeat steps 1 through 3 and click in New Rule >
Change "Title" to "Play Count";
Change "Is" to "Less Than";
Put 0 in Value to Match.
OK to save.
Repeat pass 7 to add as a shelf.
Done!
(thanks to this I learned how not show watched items)

Screenshot example

This could be old things to you guys, but for me is a new thing!

Said that @bsoriano I think you could remove the Recently Played TVShows of your new option (and show it as Kodi's default or you preference), just to keep things organized, so this way this option is valid for only Recently Added Shelfs (and this option is good because is a good shortcut for this than create a playlist).
If someday someone ask you to show or not show watched itens you can said that they can do this already and link they to Kodi Smart playlists: https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists

Sorry for the misunderstanding but I really didn't know about this function!

(PS. In the creation of playlist page they show "Order By" two times (in the exemple for last played and for descending. Also, in Order By: Descending it's a little confuse (at least for me) because they show order By: Descending and have another Descending in the end.
Oh, and just remember that Recent added episodes is not working, at least not in Leia) 
@edjalmo, yes, smart playlists can be pretty powerful.

What is not working about recently added episodes?

Regards,

Bart

(2019-08-20, 03:50)bsoriano Wrote: What is not working about recently added episodes?

If we enable the new option (Show Watched Items in Recent Shelves) they still not show watched items in recent added episodes.

(2019-08-15, 04:40)bsoriano Wrote: @Edworld, yes, the order is different because the main rating for the widget items from the plugin is tmdb, not imdb. I agree with you on the votes/reviews for rt and metacritic, but I would have to redesign a lot of the dialog to have the info together with the ratings as they are now.

Regards,

Bart  

Regards,

Bart 
@bsoriano @Edworld  
Sorry for this intromission, but isn't nice if show this critics's consensus where the cast is, since The Movie Db doesn't scrape the cast yet (for this place not get empty)? Like these quotes that you see on the back of DVDs and Blurays (images with exemples https://imgur.com/a/9QcrxHP). In Tv show you already has a thing to show when not has cast, that is banner, but The MovieDB not scrape banner too yet.
And since you did this for RT votes is not good did the same for IMDb, TVDb and MoviesDb votes and keep only the notes in front?

(2019-08-20, 16:39)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-16, 01:12)Edworld Wrote: I think this would work, nox5 has a similar implementation after you press the info button  

Regards,

Bart 
@bsoriano @Edworld  
Sorry for this intromission, but isn't nice if show this critics's consensus where the cast is, since The Movie Db doesn't scrape the cast yet (for this place not get empty)? Like these quotes that you see on the back of DVDs and Blurays (images with exemples https://imgur.com/a/9QcrxHP). In Tv show you already has a thing to show when not has cast, that is banner, but The MovieDB not scrape banner too yet.
And since you did this for RT votes is not good did the same for IMDb, TVDb and MoviesDb votes and keep only the notes in front?

@edjalmo, thanks for the ideas! I will think about the votes, since it certainly would be consistent for all rating types.

In terms of the critics’ consensus, I don’t see the use case, since, except for tv shows sometimes, I don’t have a single movie (in over 6500 movies) that does not have any cast members, and the items from themoviedb helper plugin always have a cast.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-08-20, 18:56)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-20, 16:39)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-19, 22:24)bsoriano Wrote: @Edworld, please check the latest from Git.  I added, to the right of the plot, below budget and revenue, all of the additional RT info that themoviedb.helper provides (it does not provide additional metacritic info).  Please let me know if you agree with the labels.  The Critics' consensus is clickable.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
@bsoriano @Edworld  

@edjalmo, thanks for the ideas! I will think about the votes, since it certainly would be consistent for all rating types.

In terms of the critics’ consensus, I don’t see the use case, since, except for tv shows sometimes, I don’t have a single movie (in over 6500 movies) that does not have any cast members, and the items from themoviedb helper plugin always have a cast.

Regards,

Bart 
I don't have a local movie without cast too, I talking about themoviedb shelves, because in they videoinfodialog they not show cast (at least here).
See:
The same for themoviedb Tv shows shelves.

(2019-08-20, 22:42)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-20, 18:56)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-20, 16:39)edjalmo Wrote: @bsoriano @Edworld  

Regards,

Bart 
I don't have a local movie without cast too, I talking about themoviedb shelves, because in they videoinfodialog they not show cast (at least here).
See:

@edjalmo, that is strange, they show up fine for me. I am using Matrix, but that should not make a difference to the plugin. You are using the shelves from themoviedb helper, correct?

Regards,

Bart

(2019-08-20, 22:45)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-20, 22:42)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-20, 18:56)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, thanks for the ideas! I will think about the votes, since it certainly would be consistent for all rating types.

Regards,

Bart 
See:

@edjalmo, that is strange, they show up fine for me. I am using Matrix, but that should not make a difference to the plugin. You are using the shelves from themoviedb helper, correct?

Regards,

Bart 

As you said that I search for a new version of this add-on. I installed it and now show cast.
Sorry, I talked about critics’ consensus's idea because I was saw this space empty.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-08-21

Sorry to bother you again, but I noticed that in Settings > System Information > Storage they show infos a little messy. Can you fix in your next update?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-21

(2019-08-21, 17:03)edjalmo Wrote: Sorry to bother you again, but I noticed that in Settings > System Information > Storage they show infos a little messy. Can you fix in your next update?

@edjalmo , I am not sure this is something I can fix, as those are just labels that are being displayed, without the skin knowing what the content is, and the same label ids are shown for all categories.  And this looks different depending on the underlying OS.

How does this look in Estuary?

Regards,

Bart