Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - stunty999 - 2019-08-24

Hi guys, i have a little problem that i already faced in Kodi 17.6 and amber.
I have created custom menu items in order to launch some websites that i use (prime video, deezer, etc...) with chrome launcher. it works great but when i leave the website, i'm in a chrome launcher folder and not on the main menu

On the older version of amber, i tried this trick succesfully : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=251294&pid=2767303#pid2767303

But since leia and the amazing new version of Amber skin, when i try to replace "activatewindow" with "PlayMedia" when i quit the website, kodi keeps relaunching it until i loose my mind ^^

Do you have a trick to return to main menu when i close chrome?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-25

(2019-08-24, 23:58)stunty999 Wrote: Hi guys, i have a little problem that i already faced in Kodi 17.6 and amber.
I have created custom menu items in order to launch some websites that i use (prime video, deezer, etc...) with chrome launcher. it works great but when i leave the website, i'm in a chrome launcher folder and not on the main menu

On the older version of amber, i tried this trick succesfully : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=251294&pid=2767303#pid2767303

But since leia and the amazing new version of Amber skin, when i try to replace "activatewindow" with "PlayMedia" when i quit the website, kodi keeps relaunching it until i loose my mind ^^

Do you have a trick to return to main menu when i close chrome?
@stunty999, thanks for your feedback. With the current version of Amber, it is very different where you would have to replace that.

Is the Chrome Launcher addon in the Kodi repo? If not, in which? I would like to test this for myself and see how I could help you. Could you please point me to a forum link or other link where I can get the addon?

Also, just to make sure, could you please provide the detailed steps you are taking in Amber to create your menu item? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - stunty999 - 2019-08-25

Thx Bart, i've seen that it was really different when i tried to edit the settings.xml Smile then i found out you add an option yo edit the line directly from kodi settings Wink

i use this version of chromelauncher: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=170965&pid=2809977#pid2809977 it seems t be a v2.0, works fine.

I've created a launcher for prime video in chrome laucher (kiok=yes / stop playback=yes), then add it as favorite

then i go to settings/ skin settings/ customize home menu and shelves and create a new one.
choose item > the favorite i have created

at this step it works but when i close the browser, i come back into the chromelauncher addon, not at the main kodi menu

so i tried to modify the action in: Change action/ custom item

and i replace the default action: ActivateWindows(10001, "plugin://.............
with : PlayMedia("plugin://................

But then I acts like i described on my previous post

Edit: i'm using Amber 3.2.9

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-26

(2019-08-24, 19:02)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-08-24, 00:01)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , please check the latest from Git. The monospace fonts are uppercase where they need to be now.  I also placed the alphabet strip consistently in the panel and icons views.  Thanks.
Perfect! Thanks! The last thing I can say is that only in lowlist the height of alphabet strip are not enough for it, and the last letter be a little cropped.
(2019-08-24, 00:04)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, please check the latest from Git.  The behavior of the alphabet strip is consistent for me across all views.  Sometimes the strip shows up, only one and the correct one for the view.  This only happens when you are scrolling very fast or when you leave the up or down key pressed for a long time.  Given that the latter is certainly an edge case, in my opinion it is fine now.
I could not noticed anymore any unwanted behavior on alphabet strip. I think is solved now Smile Thank you! 
@edjalmo , issue with low list is solved in Git.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-26

(2019-08-25, 10:44)stunty999 Wrote: Thx Bart, i've seen that it was really different when i tried to edit the settings.xml Smile then i found out you add an option yo edit the line directly from kodi settings Wink

i use this version of chromelauncher: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=170965&pid=2809977#pid2809977 it seems t be a v2.0, works fine.

I've created a launcher for prime video in chrome laucher (kiok=yes / stop playback=yes), then add it as favorite

then i go to settings/ skin settings/ customize home menu and shelves and create a new one.

at this step it works but when i close the browser, i come back into the chromelauncher addon, not at the main kodi menu

and i replace the default action: ActivateWindows(10001, "plugin://.............

@stunty999 , I was able to almost replicate your issue.  The behavior I get in Windows is that the website is launched in multiple tabs in Chrome, and I get a playback error, which was to be expected.  Kodi does not relaunch at all and I am back in the main menu.  Unfortunately, I think this is due to the plugin itself, so the plugin developer would have to take a look and fix.

I suppose you are aware that, if you are on Kodi Leia or above, there is another option that works very well for Amazon Prime video: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331136

I apologize I could not be of more help.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Enigma256 - 2019-08-27

I just set up a new Pi (4), installed Amber on LibreELEC and I am missing "Recommended Episodes" in "Default Shelves"
It is present in "Additional Shelves", but I cannot use that without the sorting messing up the correct order.

It works fine on my other Pis and on my PC, any idea why this could be? They are all on Amber 3.2.1

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-27

(2019-08-27, 03:04)Enigma256 Wrote: I just set up a new Pi (4), installed Amber on LibreELEC and I am missing "Recommended Episodes" in "Default Shelves"
It is present in "Additional Shelves", but I cannot use that without the sorting messing up the correct order.

It works fine on my other Pis and on my PC, any idea why this could be? They are all on Amber 3.2.1
@Enigma256, please ensure that you have the addon service.skin.widgets installed. Recommended Episodes in the default shelves is provided by that addon. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Enigma256 - 2019-08-27

(2019-08-27, 03:48)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-27, 03:04)Enigma256 Wrote: I just set up a new Pi (4), installed Amber on LibreELEC and I am missing "Recommended Episodes" in "Default Shelves"

@Enigma256, please ensure that you have the addon service.skin.widgets installed. Recommended Episodes in the default shelves is provided by that addon. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
That was exactly it, I assumed Amber would have installed all dependencies (it installed a bunch Big Grin)
thanks for the quick help!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - stunty999 - 2019-08-27

(2019-08-26, 18:42)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-08-25, 10:44)stunty999 Wrote: Thx Bart, i've seen that it was really different when i tried to edit the settings.xml Smile then i found out you add an option yo edit the line directly from kodi settings Wink

@stunty999 , I was able to almost replicate your issue.  The behavior I get in Windows is that the website is launched in multiple tabs in Chrome, and I get a playback error, which was to be expected.  Kodi does not relaunch at all and I am back in the main menu.  Unfortunately, I think this is due to the plugin itself, so the plugin developer would have to take a look and fix.

I suppose you are aware that, if you are on Kodi Leia or above, there is another option that works very well for Amazon Prime video: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331136

I apologize I could not be of more help.

Regards,

Bart 
Thank you for taking the time to look at that issue.
It ends up with crash for me too. Nevermind that's not big deal, i'm gonna give the prime addon and try to found another way to launch websites.

Thanks again.

paul.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cronus71 - 2019-08-28

Thank you bsoriano and everyone involved in this. So happy to be able to use the Amber skin again!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-08-28

(2019-08-28, 14:59)Cronus71 Wrote: Thank you bsoriano and everyone involved in this. So happy to be able to use the Amber skin again!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

@Cronus71 , I am glad you are finding it useful! Smile

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - startreksuite - 2019-09-02

Hi there! I recently tried to set up my addons on the homeshelf, the old ones are still there. Is there a fiix for this? Thanks

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-09-02

(2019-09-02, 07:40)startreksuite Wrote: Hi there! I recently tried to set up my addons on the homeshelf, the old ones are still there. Is there a fiix for this? Thanks

@startreksuite, to see if I understood you correctly, you went into Amber Settings, Home Layout, Select Favourite Addons for Shelf, selected a few addons, but they are not showing up in a shelf that you configured to be Favourite Addons? Please confirm if this is the case. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

Amber for Leia/Matrix - startreksuite - 2019-09-02

When I add the addons to my favorites shelf, they do appear on the addons shelf, as well as the older listed ones. I used to be able to remove the addons listed and add new ones. Now I can't. Hope this helps.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-09-02

(2019-09-02, 16:48)startreksuite Wrote: When I add the addons to my favorites shelf, they do appear on the addons shelf, as well as the older listed ones. I used to be able to remove the addons listed and add new ones. Now I can't. Hope this helps.
@startreksuite , I think we are talking about two different things. 

Amber has the functionality of selecting up to 10 "favourite addons", which has nothing to do with marking them as favourite from the context menu and then showing them in the favourites window or shelf. 

You get to this functionality by going to Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, Set Favourite Addons for Shelf.  When you click that, you will get a dialog where you can select up to 10 favourite addons. These addons can be video,music,program,picture or game addons.  You can set any one of them to None to clear the selection. 

The way to show them in a shelf is to, for the menu item where you want to appear, choose "Favourite Addons" from the "Default Shelves".  Please note that if the first favourite addon has not been set, this option will not appear in Default Shelves.

I hope this clarifies the issue.  Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

As for the shelf(ves) which appear for the Addons menu item, you decide which appear.  Amber used to have by default multiple shelves for the Addons menu item. There is no default shelves option anymore.  You have to configure which shelves you want to appear for each menu item.

Regards,

Bart