Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-09-23

(2019-09-23, 17:09)edjalmo Wrote: Another suggestions: in settings you have options that only appears when we enable one. This new option could have a tab space in the begin for show an hierarchy.
Like this:
Quote:Use vertical menu
   Static vertical menu
   Use large font for vertical menu
      Use wrapararound navegation for vertical menu
In this case you could delete the "for vertical menu" in options and we still understand the function.
Quote:Use vertical menu
   Static vertical menu
   Use large font for vertical menu
      Use wrapararound navegation for vertical menu
It's simple and work! 
@edjalmo, thanks, I think this a good idea, and I will add it soon.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-09-24

(2019-09-23, 20:31)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-09-23, 16:51)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-09-22, 16:49)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, I thought it better, and I've changed it so that if the tmdb online info setting is disabled, no online info is retrieved.  I think this will be best for low-powered devices.  I did add that for director, writer, genre and studio you will always be asked if you want to get info online or locally.  That way, you always have the option to get online info only when you want to.

I also added your suggestion of doing the extra fanart with arrow keys when pressing the Show Fanart button in video info.

I have not added the Extended Info button yet, since I need to skin the windows provided by script.embuary.info.  This will take me some time.

Please download the latest from Git, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  
Thank you! I tested and works great!
Thanks for the ability to pass extra fanart in show fanart too! (you could have a visual indicator [when click in show fanart] to show that have another images (check the indicator of images in embruary info, it's simple, doesn't disturb the image and did the job! It's like Android page's indicator).
Just remember to try fix the custom list to always show the first item (in case, the cast) when open a video info page, and also show the first item of information (information that I said is the space with director, writer, genres names).  
@edjalmo, thanks for the suggestion, I will take a look at embuary info.  

I am not sure I can fix the custom lists to always go to the first one, I need to investigate this further.  The same with the details list.

Regards,

Bart 
Another place that I noticed this is the action buttons (play, pause, trailers...).
I check Estuary and this (the action button part) is solved there. Maybe you can use the same solution for the other places. 
Just sharing!

I forgot to ask to have a possibility to search for online info for cast too, could you add for they?
You think you be good have an option in video info settings with something like "ask about online search" or just "enable online search" or is too much? And this, or/and "enable TMDb online info" will ask to install TheMovieDb helper at the first time.

Where is the labels "hours" and "minutes" for translations? I just saw "hour" and "minute".

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-09-27

(2019-09-24, 16:31)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-09-23, 20:31)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-09-23, 16:51)edjalmo Wrote: Thank you! I tested and works great!
Thanks for the ability to pass extra fanart in show fanart too! (you could have a visual indicator [when click in show fanart] to show that have another images (check the indicator of images in embruary info, it's simple, doesn't disturb the image and did the job! It's like Android page's indicator).
Just remember to try fix the custom list to always show the first item (in case, the cast) when open a video info page, and also show the first item of information (information that I said is the space with director, writer, genres names).  
@edjalmo, thanks for the suggestion, I will take a look at embuary info.  

I am not sure I can fix the custom lists to always go to the first one, I need to investigate this further.  The same with the details list.

Regards,

Bart 
Another place that I noticed this is the action buttons (play, pause, trailers...).
I check Estuary and this (the action button part) is solved there. Maybe you can use the same solution for the other places. 
Just sharing!

I forgot to ask to have a possibility to search for online info for cast too, could you add for they?
You think you be good have an option in video info settings with something like "ask about online search" or just "enable online search" or is too much? And this, or/and "enable TMDb online info" will ask to install TheMovieDb helper at the first time.

Where is the labels "hours" and "minutes" for translations? I just saw "hour" and "minute".

@edjalmo, thanks! I will look at Estuary and see if I can figure out how it is done there.

I will add the possibility to search online for the cast all the time. As for asking to install tmdb helper, I will do that once it is in the Kodi repo.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Piranha2004 - 2019-09-30

Hello again. Im not sure if this issue is related specifically to Amber skin or my installation of LibreElec (on RPi2) in general. Ive been noticing that my recently added movies shelf is "re-adding" my entire movies library from A-Z for some weird reason. As an example, I might added three new movies today which will appear fine as Recent Movie 1, Recent Movie 2 and Recent Movie 3 as expected on the shelf. After a while, this will all be reset to have LibraryMovie Z1, LibraryMovie Y1 ... LibraryMovieA1 instead of the recently added. I have no idea what the cause of this is or whether its even related to the skin. After about a month or so I have no idea what my recently added movies were which is really frustrating as I downloaded a heap of new ones to watch.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-10-01

(2019-09-30, 06:39)Piranha2004 Wrote: Hello again. Im not sure if this issue is related specifically to Amber skin or my installation of LibreElec (on RPi2) in general. Ive been noticing that my recently added movies shelf is "re-adding" my entire movies library from A-Z for some weird reason. As an example, I might added three new movies today which will appear fine as Recent Movie 1, Recent Movie 2 and Recent Movie 3 as expected on the shelf. After a while, this will all be reset to have LibraryMovie Z1, LibraryMovie Y1 ... LibraryMovieA1 instead of the recently added. I have no idea what the cause of this is or whether its even related to the skin. After about a month or so I have no idea what my recently added movies were which is really frustrating as I downloaded a heap of new ones to watch.

It's weird.
Check your settings for recently added shelve, see if the sort order are in last added and sort direction in descending.
Also, check if the option "Show Watched Items in Recent Shelves" disabled in general settings.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-10-02

@edjalmo , please test the latest from Git.  I localizzed the movie/tv show status returned by tmdb and shown in script-embuary-ino-video.xml.  I also changed that you will always get asked to search online or locally for the cast.  I added a Close button to the video and person info windows.  The first button should always be the default on the video and person info windows.  Please let me know if this is what you were expecting.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-09-30, 06:39)Piranha2004 Wrote: Hello again. Im not sure if this issue is related specifically to Amber skin or my installation of LibreElec (on RPi2) in general. Ive been noticing that my recently added movies shelf is "re-adding" my entire movies library from A-Z for some weird reason. As an example, I might added three new movies today which will appear fine as Recent Movie 1, Recent Movie 2 and Recent Movie 3 as expected on the shelf. After a while, this will all be reset to have LibraryMovie Z1, LibraryMovie Y1 ... LibraryMovieA1 instead of the recently added. I have no idea what the cause of this is or whether its even related to the skin. After about a month or so I have no idea what my recently added movies were which is really frustrating as I downloaded a heap of new ones to watch.
@Piranha2004 , that is certainly weird.  If you switch to another skin and show recently added movies do you get the same behavior?  Also, if, in Amber, you browse your movies (not a shelf, but your library) and set the sort order to date added, descending, do you see the most recently added movies first?

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - spudstuff - 2019-10-02

Hi @bsoriano,

Were you thinking of submitting to the main repo anytime in the near future? I'd love to get an official update pushed out to my devices.

Thanking you for your fine work!

Cheers, Adam.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-10-02

(2019-10-02, 00:32)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , please test the latest from Git.  I localizzed the movie/tv show status returned by tmdb and shown in script-embuary-ino-video.xml.  I also changed that you will always get asked to search online or locally for the cast.  I added a Close button to the video and person info windows.  The first button should always be the default on the video and person info windows.  Please let me know if this is what you were expecting.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks!
The online info as a button are really good! I just have a few considerations/suggestions.
  • Can you add "L" as a Brazil rating too? This is the same rating as "Classificação Livre" and "Brazil: Livre", it's because TMDb use this instead "Livre", and this way Amber not show the apropiate image;
  • Also, Brazil ratings are a little bigger in embuary info then default video info. I think this is because you use the same size for all not english ratings, and if that's why, no problem, they are not touching the border line;
  • Embuary info have support for RT Critics Consensus? If yes, please add, I like this very much!;
  • You can localize the answers for "Known For" too, like "writing", "directing"...?;
  • I don't like very much the buttons "close" and "embuary info settings", but I think you added because without they would have no buttons when it is the people page, and would not be nice and I agree with you. I don't know what to show instead;
  • I noticed that when a movie are in progress now they show "resume" instead "play". This is nice! Theres just a little bug with this, because when are in "resume" they show the Artwork Beef option in the menu that open;
  • Othe labels to localize is "collection", "hours" and "minutes";
  • I now that a Amber thing but consider put the "choose art" inside Extras too;
  • Hide the arrow in "show fanart" after a little seconds, like in embuary.
I think you are in the right directions for show all details list, buttons and custom list in default position in video info. The details list and buttons are going back to default position when press back and ESC buttons, just the custom list that is not good yet., just the custom list that are not good yet.

Again, thanks!

(2019-10-02, 00:37)spudstuff Wrote: Hi @bsoriano,

Were you thinking of submitting to the main repo anytime in the near future? I'd love to get an official update pushed out to my devices.

Cheers, Adam.
@spudstuff , thanks! Yes, I am done with my second to-do, and just need a few more tweaks before submitting a new version to the Kodi repo.  I hope to do this no later than next week.

Regards,

Bart

(2019-10-02, 03:35)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-10-02, 00:32)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , please test the latest from Git.  I localizzed the movie/tv show status returned by tmdb and shown in script-embuary-ino-video.xml.  I also changed that you will always get asked to search online or locally for the cast.  I added a Close button to the video and person info windows.  The first button should always be the default on the video and person info windows.  Please let me know if this is what you were expecting.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks!
The online info as a button are really good! I just have a few considerations/suggestions.
  • Can you add "L" as a Brazil rating too? This is the same rating as "Classificação Livre" and "Brazil: Livre", it's because TMDb use this instead "Livre", and this way Amber not show the apropiate image;
  • Also, Brazil ratings are a little bigger in embuary info then default video info. I think this is because you use the same size for all not english ratings, and if that's why, no problem, they are not touching the border line;
  • Embuary info have support for RT Critics Consensus? If yes, please add, I like this very much!;
  • You can localize the answers for "Known For" too, like "writing", "directing"...?;
  • I don't like very much the buttons "close" and "embuary info settings", but I think you added because without they would have no buttons when it is the people page, and would not be nice and I agree with you. I don't know what to show instead;
  • I noticed that when a movie are in progress now they show "resume" instead "play". This is nice! Theres just a little bug with this, because when are in "resume" they show the Artwork Beef option in the menu that open;
I think you are in the right directions for show all details list, buttons and custom list in default position in video info. The details list and buttons are going back to default position when press back and ESC buttons, just the custom list that is not good yet., just the custom list that are not good yet.

Again, thanks! 

@edjalmo, thank you for your feedback!  Please test the latest from Git.

As to your considerations/suggestions:

1 & 2. Added L for Brazil for embuary-info-video.  And yes, I am using only one size of cert. flag for that window.
3. Embuary info does not provide RT consensus, so I cannot show that in that window.
4. I could not find a full list of "known_for_department" for tmdb, so I localized all that I could discern from my movies.  If you find any that I missed, please let me know.  Thanks.
5. I needed the Close button to have a consistent control to be the default in the online info windows, so that one will stay.  I have removed the Embuary Info Settings button.
6. Resume is working fine for me, the context menu just shows "Resume from xxxx" and "Play from the beginning".  
7. I localized "Collection"; "Hours" and "Minutes" are Kodi core lables, so they should show up in your interface language.
8. The "Choose Art" is a Kodi provided control for video info, with standard functionality that I don't know how to replicate with my own code.  Thus, it will stay where it is.
9. I hid the arrows after a couple of seconds, please let me know if this is what you were looking for.
10.  I made some changes to the video and person info windows to try to address always going back to the first list (Cast or other). You might see that another list is being shown, but when you press down from the buttons row, you should always be going to the first list.

Again, please test and let me know your thoughts.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2019-10-02

(2019-10-02, 15:18)bsoriano Wrote:

Cheers, Adam.
@spudstuff , thanks! Yes, I am done with my second to-do, and just need a few more tweaks before submitting a new version to the Kodi repo.  I hope to do this no later than next week.

Regards,

Bart  

Hello everyone.
It has been several weeks since I did not follow Amber's updates.
Will the update also be available on the Amber repository ?
Will there be translations (in French for example) to be done for new terms ?

(2019-10-02, 17:57)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2019-10-02, 15:18)bsoriano Wrote:

Cheers, Adam.
@spudstuff , thanks! Yes, I am done with my second to-do, and just need a few more tweaks before submitting a new version to the Kodi repo.  I hope to do this no later than next week.

Regards,

Bart   

Hello everyone.
It has been several weeks since I did not follow Amber's updates.
Will the update also be available on the Amber repository ?
Will there be translations (in French for example) to be done for new terms ? 
@Cyberdom , yes, when I update the Kodi repo I will update the Amber repo as well. 

The translations are now done via transifex.  Please help translate there.  Thanks!

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2019-10-02

(2019-10-02, 18:25)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom , yes, when I update the Kodi repo I will update the Amber repo as well.
OK it's noted.
Will we still have new versions of Amber on Amber's repository before they are available on Kodi's repository ?

(2019-10-02, 18:25)bsoriano Wrote: The translations are now done via transifex.  Please help translate there.  Thanks!
How does it work ?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-10-02

(2019-10-02, 17:50)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-10-02, 03:35)edjalmo Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
Thanks!

Again, thanks!     

@edjalmo, thank you for your feedback!  Please test the latest from Git.

As to your considerations/suggestions:

1 & 2. Added L for Brazil for embuary-info-video.  And yes, I am using only one size of cert. flag for that window.
3. Embuary info does not provide RT consensus, so I cannot show that in that window.
4. I could not find a full list of "known_for_department" for tmdb, so I localized all that I could discern from my movies.  If you find any that I missed, please let me know.  Thanks.
5. I needed the Close button to have a consistent control to be the default in the online info windows, so that one will stay.  I have removed the Embuary Info Settings button.
6. Resume is working fine for me, the context menu just shows "Resume from xxxx" and "Play from the beginning".  
7. I localized "Collection"; "Hours" and "Minutes" are Kodi core lables, so they should show up in your interface language.
8. The "Choose Art" is a Kodi provided control for video info, with standard functionality that I don't know how to replicate with my own code.  Thus, it will stay where it is.
9. I hid the arrows after a couple of seconds, please let me know if this is what you were looking for.
10.  I made some changes to the video and person info windows to try to address always going back to the first list (Cast or other). You might see that another list is being shown, but when you press down from the buttons row, you should always be going to the first list.

Again, please test and let me know your thoughts.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart    

1 & 2: Thanks! Can you add for TMDb helper too? I don't have noticed that use "L" there too. And in the case add this for local ratings too, for people that use TMDb scraper.
3: This is sad Sad Hope they add in future.
4: Right! Thanks! Will be much work add this localized label for the crew info in custom list too? It would be great if the API already sent the translations, as they exist on the site.
5: You can add Embuary Info Settings in Amber Settings > Video Info, when you ask for show this button. Something like
Quote:Show TMDb info button
    Embuary Info Settings
It's a nice shortcut!
6: Here (in Leia) continue show Artwork Beef option. See screenshort:

7: Right! I didn't saw in .po file and confuse myself, sorry! I thing I noticed is when the durations have 0 minutes they show "2 hours, 0". Can you remove the ", 0" in this cases?
8: Check Arctic: Zephyr 2, there they show inside a "manager" button.
9: It's good! Thanks!
10: I saw! It's better now, but if in future you find a way to show cast directly without have to press anything, it's even better.