Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia - Cyberdom - 2019-10-05

(2019-10-04, 23:44)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-10-04, 22:58)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2019-07-15, 02:07)bsoriano Wrote: - The image above is from a set info dialog, which is a new custom dialog in Amber.  In order to see the additional set information, you need to have the addon script.skin.info.service installed, and you need to restart Kodi after installing it.  You can get this addon from the Amber repo.  The set info dialog looks like this:

- In this custom dialog, the Browse button will take you to the list of movies in the set, and the Show Fanart button will show the set fanart fullscreen.
- You can get movie information for each of the movies in the set by pressing I on any of them.  If you click any of them, nothing will happen.
I have version 3.2.9 of Amber (installed in July since the repository of Amber) and the script.skin.info.service 1.0.6 activated.
In July, I had the summaries of the movies in the set info dialog of sagas (as on the screenshot of the message of bsoriano).
But today, I noticed that in the set info dialog of sagas, the summaries are no longer displayed. The set info dialog is empty.

Is this normal ? Has there been an update of the script.skin.info.service ?    
@Cyberdom , yes, the newer versions of script.skin.info.service changed the names of the properties used to show the sagas infos.  You could try the latest Amber from my GitHub, or wait a bit, I am hoping to submit a new version to the Amber repo this weekend.

Regards,

Bart   
Thank you for your answer @bsoriano.
I will wait for the update on the Amber repository this weekend.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-10-05

(2019-10-05, 00:37)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-10-04, 23:46)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo , thanks for the suggestion.  I know about colorbox, and I will look into how to implement it in video info.

Regards,

Bart

I blur the background in DialogVideoInfo so if you need example code or help just let me know Smile
@mikeSiLVO, thank you so much, if you are ok with that I will look at your code and adapt it for Amber! Big Grin

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - mikeSiLVO - 2019-10-05

(2019-10-05, 13:51)bsoriano Wrote: @mikeSiLVO, thank you so much, if you are ok with that I will look at your code and adapt it for Amber! Big Grin

Regards,

Bart

Absolutely Wink

Use anything you want and if you need a pointer on what's doing what, let me know Smile

The colorbox script doesn't have any "real" documentation other than some posts in the thread so it took me awhile to figure out how it worked, eventually got there though Tongue

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-10-06

(2019-10-05, 16:33)mikeSiLVO Wrote:
(2019-10-05, 13:51)bsoriano Wrote: @mikeSiLVO, thank you so much, if you are ok with that I will look at your code and adapt it for Amber! Big Grin

Regards,

Bart

Absolutely Wink

Use anything you want and if you need a pointer on what's doing what, let me know Smile

The colorbox script doesn't have any "real" documentation other than some posts in the thread so it took me awhile to figure out how it worked, eventually got there though Tongue 
@mikeSiLVO , thank you! I followed your code and was able to figure it out.  I added it just now on Git for Amber. Smile

Regards,

Bart

(2019-10-04, 18:17)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-10-03, 23:43)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-10-03, 02:22)edjalmo Wrote: Thanks!
0 minutes are not showing anymore.
Understand about AB in context menu, but still this way is not nice to have they there. I will kept this disabled. If you find a way to not show they with resume, please fix.
I saw the shortcuts to TMDb's add-ons settings, the only problem is that embuary settings only show if I enabler online info, that enabler online info and not just embuary. My suggestion is something like this:
Also, can you add the "Movies in XXXX" label for collections list in embuary info, like are in TMDb helper?    
@edjalmo , thanks for you additional feedback.  I will leave both buttons to open the settings of embuary info and tmdb helper always visible, to make it eaiser for the users.  There is no option to disable/enable the Embuary Info button in dialog video info, and I will not be adding one.

I will change the label for sets in embuary info video.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Label for sets has been changed in Git. Also, I changed the option "Enable Online TMDb Info" in Amber Settings to be "Show Only Local Info".  If the option is enabled, only local info will be shown.  If not, both local and online info will be shown.    

Thanks!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, what do you think in add the possibility to blur background, mainly in video info?
The embuary helper add-on can do this, however the dev itself not recommend this use for devices like a rPI.
However exist another add-on for do this that work on a rPI: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=318626
I know that this  work good because Arctic: Zephyr 2 use it and I already test.
Just a suggestion!  

@edjalmo, please test the latest from Git.  There is a new setting in Amber Settings, Video Info: Blur Background.  This does just what it says, using script.colorbox (thank you @mikeSiLVO for allowing me to adapt your code!).   I changed the background overlay color slightly when blur background is enabled, so that the effect would be more visible.

Please test and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Thanks to @jurialmunkey , I have included an advanced colorbox settings dialog, which allows for precise control over the effect as well as providing the other effects that colorbox has.  Please test and let me know, I am planning to submit a new version to the Amber repo today.  Thanks.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - beatmasterrs - 2019-10-06

Looks good Smile But there's an issue with not starting colorbox.script at startup:

Startup.xml, line 15
xml:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.colorbox) + Skin.HasSettingEnable.BlurredVideoInfo)">RunScript(script.colorbox,daemon=True)</onload>

There's a "(" missing:
xml:
Skin.HasSettingEnable.BlurredVideoInfo)

(2019-10-06, 20:58)beatmasterrs Wrote: Looks good Smile But there's an issue with not starting colorbox.script at startup:

Startup.xml, line 15
xml:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.colorbox) + Skin.HasSettingEnable.BlurredVideoInfo)">RunScript(script.colorbox,daemon=True)</onload>

There's a "(" missing:
xml:
Skin.HasSettingEnable.BlurredVideoInfo)

@beatmasters, thank you! I will fix it as soon as I can.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-10-07

Hello all,

I know it's been a long time, my apologies.  I have just pushed Amber version 3.2.20 to the Amber repo.  This version contains many changes! I will detail the most salient ones below.

Before detailing the changes, some important info for using this version:

1. This version requires script.embuary.helper and script.embuary.info from @sualfred  to work properly and show all information.  These addons can be found in the Kodi repo.
2. This version requires plugin.video.themoviedb.helper from @jurialmunkey .  This addon is still not in the Kodi repo (it soon will be). You can download it from here: https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper
3.  The addon script.skin.info.service is no longer included in the Amber repo.  You can find it in the Kodi repo, please download the latest version from there.
4.  The version of script.skin.helper.widgets now included in the Amber repo is a modified version of the one found in Marcelveldt's beta repo, not a modified version of the one found in the Kodi repo.  You will see that the version is now 1.0.78.  This version contains my mod to be able to click a grouped item in the Recently Added Episodes shelf(widget) from the addon to go straight to the season of the show.
5.  This version of Amber no longer uses skin.helper.service, so you don't need to have installed to use Amber.  One consequence of that is that there is no longer an "Additional Shelves" entry when configuring your shelves.  You can find all of the shelves that were there before by going to the appropriate entry for the relevant addon (skin.helper.widgets, etc.) in Addons when configuring your shelves.

So what is new?

1. I have added an Alphabet strip in all media views.  This allows you to quickly jump to the movie/tv show/episode/album/artist, etc. that you are looking for.  For the alphabet strip to show up, you need to enable it in Settings,Amber Settings, General: Enable Alphabet Strip.  You get to the alphabet strip by pressing Right from any list item.  In Fanart view, you get to the alphabet strip by pressing Down (if gallery is not enabled).  The alphabet strip only works if the sort order for your view is Name, Title, Album or Artist.  Thank you @jurialmunkey for allowing me to adapt your code.

2. Added new shelves from script.embuary.helper:
   -- Movies and TV Shows from a random genre
   -- Next Up episodes

3.  Added new shelves from plugin.video.themoviedb.helper: (when you click on an item from these shelves, you will browse info from the plugin. If you press I, online info from TMDb will be shown)
  -- Popular Movies & TV Shows
  -- Top Rated Movies & TV Shows
  -- Upcoming Movies
  -- In-Theater Movies
  -- Airing Today TV Shows
  -- Currently Airing TV Shows

4.  Added option to show watched items in recently added shelves.  You can enable this in Settings, Amber Settings, General
5.  Added option to show duration in hours and minutes. You can enable this in Settings, Amber Settings, General

6. Added option to show the name of the background shown in the home window (Settings, Amber Settings, Backgrounds: Show Background Name in Home Window), very useful (I think) for when you choose Playlist, Random Movies, Random TV Shows, etc. as the background for a menu item. 
  -- You can view the background name in a small tab on the top left (horizontal menu) or the top right (vertical menu). 
  -- You can also choose to show the name in the top bar (Settings, Amber Settings, Backgrounds: Place Background Name in Top Bar). 
  -- The background name is clickable; when you click (press Enter) on it, you will be taken to a search window that should have as its first result the movie/tv show/etc. whose name you clicked on.
     To get to the background name shown, press down two (no submenu) or three times (submenu present) if using horizontal menu, or left two (no submenu) or three (submenu present) times if using vertical menu. 
  -- You can also choose the delay in seconds for rotating backgrounds (Settings, Amber Settings, Backgrounds: Home Window Background Rotation Delay); the default is 7 seconds.

7. Skin Settings have been rearranged, Top Bar settings are now grouped together.  Video Info settings are also grouped together.

8.  Many changes to Video Info for Movies/TV Shows
    -- script.extendedinfo is no longer supported (as it is not maintained anymore).  Instead of the Extended Info button in video info, there is now an Online TMDb Info button, which will show online info provided by script.embuary.info by @sualfred .  The video info and person info from that script have been skinned.  Please note that I have already added to those windows all of the info that the script provides from TMDb.

-- There is a new setting in Settings, Amber Settings, Video Info: Show Only Local Info.  This is disabled by default.  With this enabled, the video info dialog will not show additional online info from TMDb that you might not have scraped for the movie or tv show.
    -- If the setting above is disabled, the video info dialog will show additional online info from TMDb alongside the local info you have.  Some of the additional online info provided is:
       --- Budget, Revenue, Awards, amount of RT Fresh reviews, amount of RT Rotten reviews, RT Critic's Consensus, amount of RT audience reviews.
       --- If you do not have locally info like Director, Genre, Studio, Writer, Premiered date, Country or Cast and this info exists in TMDb, this info is also shown for your movie or tv show.

-- The Director, Writer, Genre, Studio and Country fields are clickable. 
        --- For all except Country, you will be asked if you want to search online in TMDb or locally. 
        --- If the field contains multiple items (several Writers or several Genres separated by / , for example), you will be presented with a list of the individual items so you can choose for which one you want to do the search.
       --- The Country search will always be local.
       --- Once you select how and what you want to search, you will be presented with a window with up to 20 movies or tv shows that match the search (if online tmdb search) or as many items  as you have in your local library that match the search (if local search).

-- When you click on a Cast or Crew member, you will also be asked to search online or local. 
        --- If you search online, you will be presented with a new Person Info window that will show you the biography and other details of the person.  The window will also show you lists of Movies that the person has acted in, TV Shows that the person has acted in, Movies where the person has been a crew member, TV Shows where the person has been a crew member, and Pictures of the person. 
        --- If you search locally, you will be presented with a window providing the Movies, TV Shows and Episodes in your library that have that person as a cast member.

-- The video info dialog now has a group of configurable custom info lists below the Cast.  You can decide which info lists will be shown by going to Settings, Amber Settings, Video Info: Select Custom Lists to Display (all lists are enabled by default).  The lists have a maximum number of 25 items.  The available lists are:
        --- Seasons of the tv show
        --- Movies in the Set
        --- Crew
        --- Movies also directed by
        --- Movies/TV Shows from same Studio
        --- Movies/TV Shows from same Genre
        --- Movies/TV Shows from same Year
        --- Similar Movies/TV Shows
        --- Recommended Movies/TV Shows
        --- Movies/TV Shows where the main (first 4) cast members also appear in

-- You can now have the background in video info blurred.  This uses the colorbox script by @badaas .  The script can be downloaded from the Kodi repo.  There is a new setting in Settings, Amber Settings, Video Info: Blur Background.  If you enable this, an additional setting, Blur Settings is enabled. When you click on this, you will be presented with a dialog where you can choose the effect that you want applied to the background as well as configure the effect.  The dialog has a preview image (usually the fanart from the most recent movie in your library) so you can see how it will look with the effect applied.  Thank you to @mikeSiLVO and @jurialmunkey for their help with this.

I am sure there are a few other changes/fixes that are not listed above.

Please test and let me know what you think, I would like this version to be thoroughly tested before submitting to the Kodi repo.  Thank you!

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-10-07

(2019-10-06, 02:49)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, please test the latest from Git.  There is a new setting in Amber Settings, Video Info: Blur Background.  This does just what it says, using script.colorbox (thank you @mikeSiLVO for allowing me to adapt your code!).   I changed the background overlay color slightly when blur background is enabled, so that the effect would be more visible.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: Thanks to @jurialmunkey , I have included an advanced colorbox settings dialog, which allows for precise control over the effect as well as providing the other effects that colorbox has.  Please test and let me know, I am planning to submit a new version to the Amber repo today.  Thanks.

Thanks! It's awesome!
In some movies this are not good, mainly in movies that have fanart with white colors, because they kind of blends with the separate lines, plot and infos.. I think if you leave the overlay the same as when the blur was not active it will be better.

(seems that the image are not in high resolutions, but check this movie if you have in your library to see better)
Or add an option to control the blur overlay.

For blur settings add the "tab thing". Also, the image that you use as background make the edges weird (I think by stretching the image).

Hello all,

I have just pushed version 3.2.21 to the Amber repo.  I was missing important fixes to make it compatible with the latest version of the tmdb helper script.  

Regards,

Bart

(2019-10-07, 15:10)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-10-06, 02:49)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, please test the latest from Git.  There is a new setting in Amber Settings, Video Info: Blur Background.  This does just what it says, using script.colorbox (thank you @mikeSiLVO for allowing me to adapt your code!).   I changed the background overlay color slightly when blur background is enabled, so that the effect would be more visible.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks! It's awesome!
In some movies this are not good, mainly in movies that have fanart with white colors, because they kind of blends with the separate lines, plot and infos.. I think if you leave the overlay the same as when the blur was not active it will be better.

(seems that the image are not in high resolutions, but check this movie if you have in your library to see better)
Or add an option to control the blur overlay.

For blur settings add the "tab thing". Also, the image that you use as background make the edges weird (I think by stretching the image).

@edjalmo, thanks for your feedback. I will update Git a little later with the overlay change. Please test as many movies with different backgrounds, so you can let me know how it looks. I think that the standard overlay makes blurred backgrounds look too dark. I am not planning on providing options or the overlay right now.

The background image for the blur settings dialog does look like that at that size. I wouldn’t know how to fix that. I will test with a different image.

Finally, what is the “tab thing”?

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @edjalmo, changes are in Git already.  I left the overlay the same as when there is no blurred background, and I changed the dialog background image for Blur Settings.  Please let me know what you think.  Thanks.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2019-10-07

I just updated Amber 3.2.21 but I have not had time to look at it yet.
The set info dialog of sagas works.
I have a first question, can we use the alphabetic band in the fanart view ? If so how do we do it ? Because pressing the right, we move to the next series or film.
(2019-10-02, 19:48)edjalmo Wrote: @Cyberdom Transifex is a site for translations. You create a acount there, and select a language to help translate. Amber are inside XBMC-Foundation projects: https://www.transifex.com/teamxbmc/
But theres a little problem there @bsoriano, the .po file that exist is kinda old, theres a lot of text that don't exist there. You can control the frequency that transifex give and get updates from you repo? 
I just registered on the Transifex website. I tried your link @edjalmo but it gives a 404 error.
So, I looked "XBMC-foundation -> Kodi Skin", this is the right place to translate Amber ? I made a request to join the team and I await the answer.
When translating a term in Transiflex, is it immediately translated into Amber or is there a delay ?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-10-08

(2019-10-07, 23:46)Cyberdom Wrote: I just updated Amber 3.2.21 but I have not had time to look at it yet.
The set info dialog of sagas works.
I have a first question, can we use the alphabetic band in the fanart view ? If so how do we do it ? Because pressing the right, we move to the next series or film.
(2019-10-02, 19:48)edjalmo Wrote: @Cyberdom Transifex is a site for translations. You create a acount there, and select a language to help translate. Amber are inside XBMC-Foundation projects: https://www.transifex.com/teamxbmc/
But theres a little problem there @bsoriano, the .po file that exist is kinda old, theres a lot of text that don't exist there. You can control the frequency that transifex give and get updates from you repo? 
I just registered on the Transifex website. I tried your link @edjalmo but it gives a 404 error.
So, I looked "XBMC-foundation -> Kodi Skin", this is the right place to translate Amber ? I made a request to join the team and I await the answer.
When translating a term in Transiflex, is it immediately translated into Amber or is there a delay ? 
@Cyberdom , my apologies I did not include that in my post.  To use the alphabet strip in fanart view, you press down (if gallery is not enabled).

As for Transifex, yes, that is the way to go.  There is a delay in seeing the translation appear in the skin.  They update, if there are new or updated translations, once a week.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-10-08

(2019-10-07, 19:55)bsoriano Wrote: @edjalmo, thanks for your feedback. I will update Git a little later with the overlay change. Please test as many movies with different backgrounds, so you can let me know how it looks. I think that the standard overlay makes blurred backgrounds look too dark. I am not planning on providing options or the overlay right now.

The background image for the blur settings dialog does look like that at that size. I wouldn’t know how to fix that. I will test with a different image.

Finally, what is the “tab thing”?

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @edjalmo, changes are in Git already.  I left the overlay the same as when there is no blurred background, and I changed the dialog background image for Blur Settings.  Please let me know what you think.  Thanks.
Thanks!
The dialog background in blur settings are nice now!
I understand now what you said about not saw the blur very much, but I still prefer this way then hiding the divisor line.
The tab thing is to use a tab space for settings that depend on other settings that we discourse before (like for vertical menu).

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-10-08

@bsoriano talk with team Kodi about transifex updates, the last for Amber it was on september 1st.
You guys talking about fanart view reminded me about what @Edworld said before. I think he are right about movie title. Also when push down for galery is enabled and alphabetic strip are show, they touch the media flags, you need to put all just a little up. They also are showing a plot line, in black color, touching the media flags, check image.