Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-10-29

(2019-10-29, 17:33)Captain_Tactful Wrote: @bsoriano 
Hi,
Yes got it now.
I seem to have both the original and the new one.

Is this for the time being?
I'm testing in Windows 7 64bit.
Thanks

Edit: ignore me i'll have a closer look so I can see which I need to replicate a kodi16 setup
thanks
@Captain_Tactful, both should be there, this is by design.  I left the Power main menu item and submenu for those that cannot map a key to S in their remote control.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Captain_Tactful - 2019-10-29

(2019-10-29, 17:41)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-10-29, 17:33)Captain_Tactful Wrote: @bsoriano 
Hi,
Yes got it now.
I seem to have both the original and the new one.

Is this for the time being?
I'm testing in Windows 7 64bit.
Thanks

Edit: ignore me i'll have a closer look so I can see which I need to replicate a kodi16 setup
thanks
@Captain_Tactful, both should be there, this is by design.  I left the Power main menu item and submenu for those that cannot map a key to S in their remote control.

Regards,

Bart 
@bsoriano 
Thank you for your patience.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - mamachan - 2019-10-30

(2019-10-28, 20:51)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-10-28, 20:47)mamachan Wrote: Sorry, buy no widgets in Amber skin?

@mamachan , I do not understand your question.  Could you please be more specific about the issue you are having? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Sorry, my error.
Thakns

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - AshG - 2019-11-17

This works great for Leia, a really nice light but configurable skin. I appreciate that M is still in Alpha, I'm currently getting issues with script.skin.helper.widgets and it loads a blank menu. I guess this is an add-on issue rather than a skin. However I just wanted to understand whether this was a known issue or it's just something specific to my build/configuration?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - edjalmo - 2019-11-19

(2019-11-17, 15:36)AshG Wrote: This works great for Leia, a really nice light but configurable skin. I appreciate that M is still in Alpha, I'm currently getting issues with script.skin.helper.widgets and it loads a blank menu. I guess this is an add-on issue rather than a skin. However I just wanted to understand whether this was a known issue or it's just something specific to my build/configuration?
I think this answer your question:
Quote:Hello all,

Going forward and until all of the addons that Amber uses have been ported to Python 3, I will only be pushing changes to the Leia branch in GitHub, and, when you have tested the changes and tell me they are fine, I will push to the Amber repo, which will remain Leia only.  

Unfortunately at this time, Matrix only supports Python 3 addons, and there are a lot of them that have not been migrated (or are not even being maintained).  Thus, I will not continue testing Amber under Matrix and will not be pushing changes to the master branch in GitHub.  When this is resolved (or I have found other addons which are Python 3 compatible to replace those that are not), I will resume pushing changes for Matrix.

Regards,

Bart
Quote from here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342130&pid=2893408#pid2893408

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - AshG - 2019-11-20

(2019-11-19, 22:46)edjalmo Wrote:
(2019-11-17, 15:36)AshG Wrote: This works great for Leia, a really nice light but configurable skin. I appreciate that M is still in Alpha, I'm currently getting issues with script.skin.helper.widgets and it loads a blank menu. I guess this is an add-on issue rather than a skin. However I just wanted to understand whether this was a known issue or it's just something specific to my build/configuration?
I think this answer your question:
Quote:Hello all,

Going forward and until all of the addons that Amber uses have been ported to Python 3, I will only be pushing changes to the Leia branch in GitHub, and, when you have tested the changes and tell me they are fine, I will push to the Amber repo, which will remain Leia only.  

Unfortunately at this time, Matrix only supports Python 3 addons, and there are a lot of them that have not been migrated (or are not even being maintained).  Thus, I will not continue testing Amber under Matrix and will not be pushing changes to the master branch in GitHub.  When this is resolved (or I have found other addons which are Python 3 compatible to replace those that are not), I will resume pushing changes for Matrix.

Regards,

Bart
Quote from here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342130&pid=2893408#pid2893408 
good stuff thanks....

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jdig4240 - 2019-12-07

Is there an option to have the main menu wrap around? Instead of stopping at the end and leaving a blank section?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-12-07

(2019-12-07, 18:43)jdig4240 Wrote: Is there an option to have the main menu wrap around? Instead of stopping at the end and leaving a blank section?

@jdig4240 , not for the horizontal menu.  There is for the vertical menu.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Majster - 2019-12-10

Hi,
Just started with Amber. I have a strange problem. When I switch over to Amber I have stutter problems for all videos and TV. If I switch back to default skin I don't have this problem.
I'm on Libreelec, kodi version 18.3. 
Is there a quickfix for this or I'm the only one?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-12-11

(2019-12-10, 11:05)Majster Wrote: Hi,
Just started with Amber. I have a strange problem. When I switch over to Amber I have stutter problems for all videos and TV. If I switch back to default skin I don't have this problem.
I'm on Libreelec, kodi version 18.3. 
Is there a quickfix for this or I'm the only one?

@Majster, I don’t know what could be causing this, I do not have this problem under Windows or OSMC. Perhaps there is an addon that Amber uses that could be causing this? Unfortunately I have no way to test LibreELEC to try to find out if this is the case. Could you please try another skin like Arctic Zephyr 2, Embuary or Aeon Nox Silvo and see if the same thing happens? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-12-11

Hello all,

I just pushed Amber version 3.2.31 to the Amber repo.  The main changes are:

- Support for sualfred's script.metadata.editor (You will find a new "Edit Library Data" item in "Extras" in the video info dialog)
- Removed dependency on skin.helper.service for addon infolines
- When you want to change the background for a menu item, the skin will now start in the skin backgrounds folder when you go to choose a single image or multi-image.  This makes it easier for you to access the backgrounds that the skin provides by default.

Please test and let me know if you find any issues.  If I get no issues, I will be submitting this version to the Kodi repo.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jusjoken - 2019-12-12

(2019-12-11, 22:51)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

- When you want to change the background for a menu item, the skin will now start in the skin backgrounds folder when you go to choose a single image or multi-image.  This makes it easier for you to access the backgrounds that the skin provides by default.

Please test and let me know if you find any issues.  If I get no issues, I will be submitting this version to the Kodi repo.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Is it possible to allow a background from another non skin location...perhaps a network share that kodi has access to?  Right now i need to copy an image into the skin background folder to use something not included with the skin.

k

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2019-12-12

(2019-12-12, 05:03)jusjoken Wrote:

Regards,

Bart
Is it possible to allow a background from another non skin location...perhaps a network share that kodi has access to?  Right now i need to copy an image into the skin background folder to use something not included with the skin.

@jusjoken , you do not need to do that.  If you press Back when you are presented with the skin's backgrounds folder, Kodi should go up in your folder structure, so you can select whatever folder you want for the backgrounds.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jusjoken - 2019-12-12

(2019-12-12, 18:19)bsoriano Wrote:
(2019-12-12, 05:03)jusjoken Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

k  
@jusjoken , you do not need to do that.  If you press Back when you are presented with the skin's backgrounds folder, Kodi should go up in your folder structure, so you can select whatever folder you want for the backgrounds.

Regards,

Bart 

I never tried that....works....thanks.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2019-12-20

On some files (movies or tv shows), when I press the info button, I have the details that appear, but I also have a message with an Embuary helper error.
If I deactivate the Embuary helper, I no longer have this error message.
I am using Kodi 18.5 on my Nvidia Shield TV with Amber 3.2.31 and Embuary helper 1.3.6 downloaded from the Kodi add-on repository.

Have you noticed the same problem ?
Should I use another version of Embuary helper available elsewhere than in the Kodi add-on repository ?