Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-01-27

(2020-01-27, 22:25)Grinario Wrote:
(2020-01-27, 00:32)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-01-27, 00:20)Grinario Wrote: a querstion: Do you as Skinner translate the Texts in the other Language? If you want, i can send the translated text in German for you?

Grinario
@Grinario , supposedly, the way to get translations for the skin is through Transifex, but this hasn't been working for me for some time.  Kodi skins use language files, which are in separate folders (per language) in the skin's "language" folder.  For example, for German, there is a "resource.language.de_de" folder in the language folder of the skin.  In that folder, there is a file named "strings.po".  This file has all of the strings the skin uses and their translations to German.

However, each one of those files needs to be kept up to date, since skinners are adding, deleting and modifying strings in their skin.  The best way for you to provide me an updated German translation would be to:

1.  Get the strings.po for the English language (found in the resource.language.en_gb folder in the skin's language folder).
2. Get the current (outdated) strings.po for German (found in the resource.language.de_de folder in the skin's language folder).
3. Open both files with a text editor
4. Compare both files
5. Add the missing translations in the current German file
6. Post the updated German strings.po file to a cloud drive site or other file sharing site, and post the link to it here in the forum.

I know it sounds complicated, but it really is pretty straight forward.  If you are willing to provide an updated German translation I can provide you with more detailed steps.  Thanks for offering!

Regards,

Bart  
Hello Bart,

Thank you. I help you with pleasure!
i think here and the KODI Community is a give and take. I can not programming so i will do what i can. And i show you what i like in the skin and you do it or think about my proposal. So can i support you for the translation. We have one target, the perfect skin :-)

i will start with compare the both files. Can i copy the new german file back in my Kodi folder for test it? Then i must only restart th Kodi and it takes the new file?

grinario 
@Grinario, thanks! Smile 

And yes, once you have an updated German strings.po file, you can put it in the resoruce.language.de_de folder, inside the skin's language folder.  Then, restart Kodi and you should see all of the translated strings.

Regards,

Bart

Hello all,

I have pushed version 3.2.41 to GitHub.

I realized I had not included the ability to set the tint for the shelves background.  I have now added that.

Also, I added a new button in the color picker dialog that allows you to set all of the tints (menu glow bars, menu bar, vertical menu background, top bar, dialogs background, shelves background) to the same color.  I think this is really useful to create a consistent look and feel.  You get to this button by pressing Down from the opacity slider.

Please download, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-01-27, 22:25)Grinario Wrote:
(2020-01-27, 00:32)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-01-27, 00:20)Grinario Wrote: a querstion: Do you as Skinner translate the Texts in the other Language? If you want, i can send the translated text in German for you?

Grinario
@Grinario , supposedly, the way to get translations for the skin is through Transifex, but this hasn't been working for me for some time.  Kodi skins use language files, which are in separate folders (per language) in the skin's "language" folder.  For example, for German, there is a "resource.language.de_de" folder in the language folder of the skin.  In that folder, there is a file named "strings.po".  This file has all of the strings the skin uses and their translations to German.

However, each one of those files needs to be kept up to date, since skinners are adding, deleting and modifying strings in their skin.  The best way for you to provide me an updated German translation would be to:

1.  Get the strings.po for the English language (found in the resource.language.en_gb folder in the skin's language folder).
2. Get the current (outdated) strings.po for German (found in the resource.language.de_de folder in the skin's language folder).
3. Open both files with a text editor
4. Compare both files
5. Add the missing translations in the current German file
6. Post the updated German strings.po file to a cloud drive site or other file sharing site, and post the link to it here in the forum.

I know it sounds complicated, but it really is pretty straight forward.  If you are willing to provide an updated German translation I can provide you with more detailed steps.  Thanks for offering!

Regards,

Bart    
Hello Bart,

Thank you. I help you with pleasure!
i think here and the KODI Community is a give and take. I can not programming so i will do what i can. And i show you what i like in the skin and you do it or think about my proposal. So can i support you for the translation. We have one target, the perfect skin :-)

i will start with compare the both files. Can i copy the new german file back in my Kodi folder for test it? Then i must only restart th Kodi and it takes the new file?

And now, i start with the translation, and ther are prpblems Smile

Wat must i do with the german letters Ä,Ö,Ü,ß? can i type the letters or must i type in the other signs?
for example: "Kürzlich" is correct "Kürzlich" or "Zufällig" is correct in german Zufällig 

and when in the english file is noticed: 

# empty strings from id 31055 to 31068
msgctxt "#31069"
msgid "Random episodes"
msgstr ""

is the string ID 31055 to 31068 every time 31069 and this are random episodes? Or must i split it to mor lines?

This is not so easy, but i we can do it.

grinario  
@Grinario , go ahead and type the letters as they are, not symbols.  

Also, wherever you see a msgstr "", you should put the translation between the "".  For example, for this:

xml:

msgctxt "#31069"
msgid "Random episodes"
msgstr ""

You should put the German translation for Random Episodes between the "" after the word msgstr.  The same would apply for all of the ones that say just msgstr "" without anything between the "".  In fact, that is the best way to find all of the new/updated strings that need translation.

Please let me know if you have any other doubts.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Grinario - 2020-01-27

Hello Bart,

i like the new version of your skin.

a question: Is it possible to close the gap between the background and the title bar? And make the background behind the movie list costomizable?

scrolling: when i scroll down in the list the marked row is every on the button. the same when i switch between the letters in the alphabetic strip. Is it possible to hold the marked line in the middle and when the list ends the marked row travelling down to the end? I have see this in the Embuary skin and this help really by overview.

something, i missing, is the active row and the actual played row.
When i play music and i start at the yellow row, the yello ro moves not with the played song. only the text is a other color. Is it possible make, the yellow row is similar with the played song?

Grinario

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Grinario - 2020-01-28

i have much problems with the addonn super favourities. At may custom entrys or when i add a favourite there is don´t showed the discription (text below the icon) and sometimes the icons can not activate to open the linked contend.

You have the possibility to set favourite Addons for shelf. The home menu can modify with new entries, too. Is it possible to create the favourite Addons for shelf more times? And create it for choose the contend from favourites? In your favourite addon shelf are the descritions showed. 

i think i dont´t have answered to you about the channel groups in submenu. i don´t know how this solution, but the emby or super favourites have text in the submenu.

You don´t wand change the music view with the Logo about the artist. But if you do this for the picture section it is a proposal if the name of the showed logo have a special name (amberlogo.png) then you can hide this file in the list. then when we scoll down the pictures from holiday, the logo don´t show, because it is hide.

When i played music in fullscreen and the artist have no fanart, it shows a black background. Is it possible to show the regular backround instead of the black background? Or let us set a custom background if no fanart availible. Is there a option mor in the background settings neccesary "show default background if no fanart availible"? 

and show during playing with the artist slideshow the logo of th artist. but the proposals for the player screen i will show you when i have it finished.

What have i do, the fanart change very fast in the background? Is this a problem with the new artist slideshow adon or is this a problem with my settinigs?

in the new version in the color options,  i can not choose in the color picker window the button "use for all tints". For this i must connect a usb mouse. it is not possible to select the button with the remote control.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - ozzyman - 2020-01-28

Hello Bart is there a problem with button assignments?

Backspace button on keyboard also going start of the video while I'm just trying to back around the menus.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-01-28

(2020-01-28, 11:31)ozzyman Wrote: Hello Bart is there a problem with button assignments?

Backspace button on keyboard also going start of the video while I'm just trying to back around the menus.

@ozzyman, no, I have not experienced any problem like that.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-01-27, 23:38)Grinario Wrote: Hello Bart,

a question: Is it possible to close the gap between the background and the title bar? And make the background behind the movie list costomizable?

scrolling: when i scroll down in the list the marked row is every on the button. the same when i switch between the letters in the alphabetic strip. Is it possible to hold the marked line in the middle and when the list ends the marked row travelling down to the end? I have see this in the Embuary skin and this help really by overview.

When i play music and i start at the yellow row, the yello ro moves not with the played song. only the text is a other color. Is it possible make, the yellow row is similar with the played song?

Grinario
@Grinario, thanks for your requests.

Going one bye one:

1. I will not change the gap between the background and the top bar for Tall List.  If you want a List that occupies the whole screen, please use Big List.  In fact, that view is the only list view in the skin that does not have a middle panel, kind of like what you are requesting for Pictures.  I will be making changes to this view to accommodate your requests.

2.  When you ask about making the background behind the text customizable, are you referring to being able to customize its color? Please confirm.  Thanks.

3. In terms of keeping the list focus centered, like Embuary, this is certainly doable, and I will provide an option for this as a skin setting.  However, I will not change the way the alphabet strip works.  It is a pain to get the movement and focus correct for that, and I like it the way it is now.

4. Changing the focused item when the playing song changes.  As far as I know, this is not possible.  If you have seen this work on another skin, please let me know which one, so I can take a look at how it was done.  My skinning skills are limited, so I am always open to learning more.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Grinario, I have made the changes to implement point 3 above.  The changes are in GitHub already.  Please download, test, and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.

(2020-01-28, 00:41)Grinario Wrote: i have much problems with the addonn super favourities. At may custom entrys or when i add a favourite there is don´t showed the discription (text below the icon) and sometimes the icons can not activate to open the linked contend.

You have the possibility to set favourite Addons for shelf. The home menu can modify with new entries, too. Is it possible to create the favourite Addons for shelf more times? And create it for choose the contend from favourites? In your favourite addon shelf are the descritions showed. 

i think i dont´t have answered to you about the channel groups in submenu. i don´t know how this solution, but the emby or super favourites have text in the submenu.

You don´t wand change the music view with the Logo about the artist. But if you do this for the picture section it is a proposal if the name of the showed logo have a special name (amberlogo.png) then you can hide this file in the list. then when we scoll down the pictures from holiday, the logo don´t show, because it is hide.

When i played music in fullscreen and the artist have no fanart, it shows a black background. Is it possible to show the regular backround instead of the black background? Or let us set a custom background if no fanart availible. Is there a option mor in the background settings neccesary "show default background if no fanart availible"? 

and show during playing with the artist slideshow the logo of th artist. but the proposals for the player screen i will show you when i have it finished.

What have i do, the fanart change very fast in the background? Is this a problem with the new artist slideshow adon or is this a problem with my settinigs?

in the new version in the color options,  i can not choose in the color picker window the button "use for all tints". For this i must connect a usb mouse. it is not possible to select the button with the remote control.
@Grinario, thanks for the additional feedback.

Here are my comments:

1. I don't know anything about the Super Favourites addon, so I would not be able to help you there.

In Kodi, if you have the script.favourites addon installed, you can set as favorite any add-on, movie, tv show, episode, etc.  You bring up the context menu, and select "Add To Favourites".  In Amber I have a "Favourites" default shelf that you can set for any menu item, that shows you up to 10 favourites (whatever type they are, movie, addon, tv show, etc.). 

I also have a "Favourite Addons" shelf that shows you up to 10 addons that you have added for this.  In order to use this shelf, you go to Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, Set Favourite Addons for Shelf, and you can choose up to 10 addons of any type that will appear in the Favourite Addons shelf.  Then you can configure that shelf for any menu item that you want.

I am not sure if this answers your question in terms of that.  Just to be sure, are you asking to increase the number of favourites and/or favourite addons? Please confirm.  Thanks.

2. The issue is not having text in the context menu, I know how to place buttons in the context menu that execute one or more commands.  I don't know if it even possible to place the channel groups in the context menu (I do not think it is).  If you know of any skin that does this, please let me know, so I can see how it can be done.  The reason I do not think this would work is that there is no way that I know to tell the PVR Guide to go to a specific channel group.

3.  As I mentioned in my previous post, I will modify the Big List view to accommodate your requests for Pictures.  I can add as an option to show the logo when using this view to show Artists or Albums or songs.  If I understand you correctly, what you are now also asking for Pictures is that when you scroll, you do not want to see the logo? That does not make much sense to me, in particular if you also want to have the list to stay focused in the center.  Please confirm.  Thanks.

4.  I will look into showing the standard Amber bakground if the artist does not have fanart, this is certainly doable and valuable.  I will think about setting a custom background for when there is no artist fanart.  No promises, though.

5. I will look into showing the artist logo while the artist slideshow is showing.

6. You can select the interval in seconds between fanart changes in the Artist Slideshow addon settings.  The default is 10 seconds.

7. As I mentioned in the post where I talked about version 3.2.41, you get to the "Use for all Tints" button by pressing Down from the opacity slider.  This is by necessity, since the slider is horizontal, and pressing left or right while on it will just decrease or increase the slider value.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Grinario, I made the changes for point 4.  Now if the artist has no fanart, the default background will be shown (the skin's or one you have defined through Settings, Amber Settings, Backgrounds: Set Default Background)

EDIT 2: I also made the changes for point 5.  There is a new skin setting, in Settings, Amber Settings, Backgrounds: Show Artist Logo in Music Visualization. If you set that to Yes, the artist logo (if available) will be shown.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-01-29

Hello all,

Another day, another version Smile 

Seriously, I just pushed version 3.2.43 to GitHub.  Main changes:

1. I have changed the favourites shelf from being static, limited to the first 10 items you have marked as favourite, to being dynamic, which means:
   -- No more item limit, you can show in the shelf as may favourites as you have
   -- You can do all of the actions on each item that the script.favourites allows you to do, like changing the icon, or removing it from favourites.  Bring up the context menu on any shelf item and you will see those actions there.

If you already have the Favourites shelf configured for any of your menu items, please go back into its configuration and change something in it, like the limit or sort order, so that you can get the dynamic shelf.

2. I have increased the number of favourite addons you can define to 25 (it was 10 before).  Please remember that you can go to Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout: Choose Favourite Addons for Shelf, and there you can select up to 25 addons that you would like to appear in the Favourite Addons shelf.

Finally, since I have not received any more issues with any of the color options, I will be submitting this latest version to the Amber repo later on today.

As usual, please download, test, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-01-29

@bsoriano - I shall give it a run when I get home from work. Also, I think I asked you this a while back, but I honestly can't remember. Is there a specific reason as to why you couldn't get the Concerts shelves in Poster mode, as opposed to the CD cover size? Wouldn't it be possible to just use similar code like the Movies shelves? Just asking. 🙂

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-01-29

(2020-01-29, 18:27)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - I shall give it a run when I get home from work. Also, I think I asked you this a while back, but I honestly can't remember. Is there a specific reason as to why you couldn't get the Concerts shelves in Poster mode, as opposed to the CD cover size? Wouldn't it be possible to just use similar code like the Movies shelves? Just asking. 🙂

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock, thanks!

I leave the music videos (concerts) shelf aspect like that because a lot of people, like me, do not have videos of actual concerts, but usually video clips of single songs, so there is no poster associated with it.  Thus, it looks better in the square aspect.

Given that Amber is pretty stable, I am starting to think about offering different art options for the shelves.  This requires a lot of code, and it is a big undertaking.  I am looking at the best ways to do it.  I do not have an ETA for this, but it is in my radar of things to accomplish with Amber.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-01-29

No problem Bart. I look forward to seeing it happen one day. Thanks for taking the time to respond in deatil.

Cheers!

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Grinario - 2020-01-30

(2020-01-28, 18:15)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-01-27, 23:38)Grinario Wrote: Hello Bart,

Grinario
@Grinario, thanks for your requests.

Going one bye one:

1. I will not change the gap between the background and the top bar for Tall List.  If you want a List that occupies the whole screen, please use Big List.  In fact, that view is the only list view in the skin that does not have a middle panel, kind of like what you are requesting for Pictures.  I will be making changes to this view to accommodate your requests.

2.  When you ask about making the background behind the text customizable, are you referring to being able to customize its color? Please confirm.  Thanks.

3. In terms of keeping the list focus centered, like Embuary, this is certainly doable, and I will provide an option for this as a skin setting.  However, I will not change the way the alphabet strip works.  It is a pain to get the movement and focus correct for that, and I like it the way it is now.

4. Changing the focused item when the playing song changes.  As far as I know, this is not possible.  If you have seen this work on another skin, please let me know which one, so I can take a look at how it was done.  My skinning skills are limited, so I am always open to learning more.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Grinario, I have made the changes to implement point 3 above.  The changes are in GitHub already.  Please download, test, and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks. 
Hello Bart,

at the moment i´m on a business trip  in this case i will answering to you tomorrow.

thanks for the new skin. i like it and the new funktion with the centered list marker ist beautiful. this hepls for overview.

1. i like to read you will change the view. But the big list have no alphabetic strip. and the list of the tall view is nicer. 

2.  Yes i talk about the background behind the text, then we can make them a little lighter

4. No, i have not see this in a other skin, but i is a missing feature in Kodi. no problem.

grinario

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Grinario - 2020-01-30

(2020-01-28, 22:28)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-01-28, 00:41)Grinario Wrote: i have much problems with the addonn super favourities. At may custom entrys or when i add a favourite there is don´t showed the discription (text below the icon) and sometimes the icons can not activate to open the linked contend.

@Grinario, thanks for the additional feedback.

Here are my comments:

1. I don't know anything about the Super Favourites addon, so I would not be able to help you there.

In Kodi, if you have the script.favourites addon installed, you can set as favorite any add-on, movie, tv show, episode, etc.  You bring up the context menu, and select "Add To Favourites".  In Amber I have a "Favourites" default shelf that you can set for any menu item, that shows you up to 10 favourites (whatever type they are, movie, addon, tv show, etc.). 

I also have a "Favourite Addons" shelf that shows you up to 10 addons that you have added for this.  In order to use this shelf, you go to Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, Set Favourite Addons for Shelf, and you can choose up to 10 addons of any type that will appear in the Favourite Addons shelf.  Then you can configure that shelf for any menu item that you want.

I am not sure if this answers your question in terms of that.  Just to be sure, are you asking to increase the number of favourites and/or favourite addons? Please confirm.  Thanks.

2. The issue is not having text in the context menu, I know how to place buttons in the context menu that execute one or more commands.  I don't know if it even possible to place the channel groups in the context menu (I do not think it is).  If you know of any skin that does this, please let me know, so I can see how it can be done.  The reason I do not think this would work is that there is no way that I know to tell the PVR Guide to go to a specific channel group.

3.  As I mentioned in my previous post, I will modify the Big List view to accommodate your requests for Pictures.  I can add as an option to show the logo when using this view to show Artists or Albums or songs.  If I understand you correctly, what you are now also asking for Pictures is that when you scroll, you do not want to see the logo? That does not make much sense to me, in particular if you also want to have the list to stay focused in the center.  Please confirm.  Thanks.

4.  I will look into showing the standard Amber bakground if the artist does not have fanart, this is certainly doable and valuable.  I will think about setting a custom background for when there is no artist fanart.  No promises, though.

5. I will look into showing the artist logo while the artist slideshow is showing.

6. You can select the interval in seconds between fanart changes in the Artist Slideshow addon settings.  The default is 10 seconds.

7. As I mentioned in the post where I talked about version 3.2.41, you get to the "Use for all Tints" button by pressing Down from the opacity slider.  This is by necessity, since the slider is horizontal, and pressing left or right while on it will just decrease or increase the slider value.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Grinario, I made the changes for point 4.  Now if the artist has no fanart, the default background will be shown (the skin's or one you have defined through Settings, Amber Settings, Backgrounds: Set Default Background)

EDIT 2: I also made the changes for point 5.  There is a new skin setting, in Settings, Amber Settings, Backgrounds: Show Artist Logo in Music Visualization. If you set that to Yes, the artist logo (if available) will be shown. 

The Request about the favorites:
Issue 1 i will show this tomorrow, this is easy but complitated to explain this with only text. tomorrow i will show this with pictures.

Thank you for the changes, but in my 3.2.43 is no option show artist Logo in Music visualisazion in the settings Sad

i have seen here in the hotel on my android device the all tv channels shelf have no chanel descrition the logo below.

The TV shelf yesterday:

the TV Shelf today with 3.2.43

I wish you a nice evening and you to a great job :-)

i show you only my wishes for the super skin. when jou say may proposals or wishes are not good, don´t hessistate to say and dislike my proposals, or when i write to much. i will not be critical, but to create a skin, who everybody wants :_)

grinario