Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-01-30

(2020-01-30, 00:16)Grinario Wrote:
(2020-01-28, 18:15)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-01-27, 23:38)Grinario Wrote: Hello Bart,

i like the new version of your skin.

a question: Is it possible to close the gap between the background and the title bar? And make the background behind the movie list costomizable?

scrolling: when i scroll down in the list the marked row is every on the button. the same when i switch between the letters in the alphabetic strip. Is it possible to hold the marked line in the middle and when the list ends the marked row travelling down to the end? I have see this in the Embuary skin and this help really by overview.

something, i missing, is the active row and the actual played row.
When i play music and i start at the yellow row, the yello ro moves not with the played song. only the text is a other color. Is it possible make, the yellow row is similar with the played song?

Grinario
@Grinario, thanks for your requests.

Going one bye one:

1. I will not change the gap between the background and the top bar for Tall List.  If you want a List that occupies the whole screen, please use Big List.  In fact, that view is the only list view in the skin that does not have a middle panel, kind of like what you are requesting for Pictures.  I will be making changes to this view to accommodate your requests.

2.  When you ask about making the background behind the text customizable, are you referring to being able to customize its color? Please confirm.  Thanks.

3. In terms of keeping the list focus centered, like Embuary, this is certainly doable, and I will provide an option for this as a skin setting.  However, I will not change the way the alphabet strip works.  It is a pain to get the movement and focus correct for that, and I like it the way it is now.

4. Changing the focused item when the playing song changes.  As far as I know, this is not possible.  If you have seen this work on another skin, please let me know which one, so I can take a look at how it was done.  My skinning skills are limited, so I am always open to learning more.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Grinario, I have made the changes to implement point 3 above.  The changes are in GitHub already.  Please download, test, and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.  
Hello Bart,

at the moment i´m on a business trip  in this case i will answering to you tomorrow.

thanks for the new skin. i like it and the new funktion with the centered list marker ist beautiful. this hepls for overview.

1. i like to read you will change the view. But the big list have no alphabetic strip. and the list of the tall view is nicer. 

2.  Yes i talk about the background behind the text, then we can make them a little lighter

4. No, i have not see this in a other skin, but i is a missing feature in Kodi. no problem.

grinario 
@Grinario, thanks for your answers.

1. Big List does have an alphabet strip.  At this time, I am not planning on creating a new view or having the option of no panel on the list views.  My plan is to modify Big List view.

2.  I am not great on the design part of skinning, so I am not sure how to do what you ask.  What I can do is allow you to customize the color of the panel (the colorpicker addon makes this easy for a skinner), with the option to change the opacity.  This should give you what you are looking for.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-01-30, 00:41)Grinario Wrote:
(2020-01-28, 22:28)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-01-28, 00:41)Grinario Wrote: i have much problems with the addonn super favourities. At may custom entrys or when i add a favourite there is don´t showed the discription (text below the icon) and sometimes the icons can not activate to open the linked contend.

You have the possibility to set favourite Addons for shelf. The home menu can modify with new entries, too. Is it possible to create the favourite Addons for shelf more times? And create it for choose the contend from favourites? In your favourite addon shelf are the descritions showed. 

i think i dont´t have answered to you about the channel groups in submenu. i don´t know how this solution, but the emby or super favourites have text in the submenu.

You don´t wand change the music view with the Logo about the artist. But if you do this for the picture section it is a proposal if the name of the showed logo have a special name (amberlogo.png) then you can hide this file in the list. then when we scoll down the pictures from holiday, the logo don´t show, because it is hide.

When i played music in fullscreen and the artist have no fanart, it shows a black background. Is it possible to show the regular backround instead of the black background? Or let us set a custom background if no fanart availible. Is there a option mor in the background settings neccesary "show default background if no fanart availible"? 

and show during playing with the artist slideshow the logo of th artist. but the proposals for the player screen i will show you when i have it finished.

What have i do, the fanart change very fast in the background? Is this a problem with the new artist slideshow adon or is this a problem with my settinigs?

in the new version in the color options,  i can not choose in the color picker window the button "use for all tints". For this i must connect a usb mouse. it is not possible to select the button with the remote control.
@Grinario, thanks for the additional feedback.

Here are my comments:

1. I don't know anything about the Super Favourites addon, so I would not be able to help you there.

In Kodi, if you have the script.favourites addon installed, you can set as favorite any add-on, movie, tv show, episode, etc.  You bring up the context menu, and select "Add To Favourites".  In Amber I have a "Favourites" default shelf that you can set for any menu item, that shows you up to 10 favourites (whatever type they are, movie, addon, tv show, etc.). 

I also have a "Favourite Addons" shelf that shows you up to 10 addons that you have added for this.  In order to use this shelf, you go to Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, Set Favourite Addons for Shelf, and you can choose up to 10 addons of any type that will appear in the Favourite Addons shelf.  Then you can configure that shelf for any menu item that you want.

I am not sure if this answers your question in terms of that.  Just to be sure, are you asking to increase the number of favourites and/or favourite addons? Please confirm.  Thanks.

2. The issue is not having text in the context menu, I know how to place buttons in the context menu that execute one or more commands.  I don't know if it even possible to place the channel groups in the context menu (I do not think it is).  If you know of any skin that does this, please let me know, so I can see how it can be done.  The reason I do not think this would work is that there is no way that I know to tell the PVR Guide to go to a specific channel group.

3.  As I mentioned in my previous post, I will modify the Big List view to accommodate your requests for Pictures.  I can add as an option to show the logo when using this view to show Artists or Albums or songs.  If I understand you correctly, what you are now also asking for Pictures is that when you scroll, you do not want to see the logo? That does not make much sense to me, in particular if you also want to have the list to stay focused in the center.  Please confirm.  Thanks.

4.  I will look into showing the standard Amber bakground if the artist does not have fanart, this is certainly doable and valuable.  I will think about setting a custom background for when there is no artist fanart.  No promises, though.

5. I will look into showing the artist logo while the artist slideshow is showing.

6. You can select the interval in seconds between fanart changes in the Artist Slideshow addon settings.  The default is 10 seconds.

7. As I mentioned in the post where I talked about version 3.2.41, you get to the "Use for all Tints" button by pressing Down from the opacity slider.  This is by necessity, since the slider is horizontal, and pressing left or right while on it will just decrease or increase the slider value.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Grinario, I made the changes for point 4.  Now if the artist has no fanart, the default background will be shown (the skin's or one you have defined through Settings, Amber Settings, Backgrounds: Set Default Background)

EDIT 2: I also made the changes for point 5.  There is a new skin setting, in Settings, Amber Settings, Backgrounds: Show Artist Logo in Music Visualization. If you set that to Yes, the artist logo (if available) will be shown.   

The Request about the favorites:
Issue 1 i will show this tomorrow, this is easy but complitated to explain this with only text. tomorrow i will show this with pictures.

Thank you for the changes, but in my 3.2.43 is no option show artist Logo in Music visualisazion in the settings Sad

i have seen here in the hotel on my android device the all tv channels shelf have no chanel descrition the logo below.

The TV shelf yesterday:

the TV Shelf today with 3.2.43

I wish you a nice evening and you to a great job :-)

i show you only my wishes for the super skin. when jou say may proposals or wishes are not good, don´t hessistate to say and dislike my proposals, or when i write to much. i will not be critical, but to create a skin, who everybody wants :_)

grinario  
@Grinario, thanks for the additional info.  I will wait for your visuals in terms of favourites.  Please try the new Favourites shelf and Favourite Addons shelf also.

I will look into the TV Channels shelf issue, I must have missed something somewhere.  Also, I will double-check about the artist logo in music visualization, since I was sure I uploaded those changes to GitHub.

Thanks for your kind words.  Please keep your proposals coming! As I mentioned before, I can't promise I will do them all, but I will consider all of them.  Thank you for your continued use of Amber.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Grinario, please download the latest from Git.  I fixed the tv channels shelf.  The option to show artist logo in music visualization is there.  If you have made changes to the German strings.po, you need to update it to reflect the new strings or the option will not be there.  You can also switch the Kodi language back to English and all the new strings should show up.  Please let me know.  Thanks.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Grinario - 2020-01-30

(2020-01-30, 04:03)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-01-30, 00:41)Grinario Wrote:
(2020-01-28, 22:28)bsoriano Wrote: @Grinario, thanks for the additional feedback.

Here are my comments:

1. I don't know anything about the Super Favourites addon, so I would not be able to help you there.

In Kodi, if you have the script.favourites addon installed, you can set as favorite any add-on, movie, tv show, episode, etc.  You bring up the context menu, and select "Add To Favourites".  In Amber I have a "Favourites" default shelf that you can set for any menu item, that shows you up to 10 favourites (whatever type they are, movie, addon, tv show, etc.). 

I also have a "Favourite Addons" shelf that shows you up to 10 addons that you have added for this.  In order to use this shelf, you go to Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, Set Favourite Addons for Shelf, and you can choose up to 10 addons of any type that will appear in the Favourite Addons shelf.  Then you can configure that shelf for any menu item that you want.

I am not sure if this answers your question in terms of that.  Just to be sure, are you asking to increase the number of favourites and/or favourite addons? Please confirm.  Thanks.

2. The issue is not having text in the context menu, I know how to place buttons in the context menu that execute one or more commands.  I don't know if it even possible to place the channel groups in the context menu (I do not think it is).  If you know of any skin that does this, please let me know, so I can see how it can be done.  The reason I do not think this would work is that there is no way that I know to tell the PVR Guide to go to a specific channel group.

3.  As I mentioned in my previous post, I will modify the Big List view to accommodate your requests for Pictures.  I can add as an option to show the logo when using this view to show Artists or Albums or songs.  If I understand you correctly, what you are now also asking for Pictures is that when you scroll, you do not want to see the logo? That does not make much sense to me, in particular if you also want to have the list to stay focused in the center.  Please confirm.  Thanks.

4.  I will look into showing the standard Amber bakground if the artist does not have fanart, this is certainly doable and valuable.  I will think about setting a custom background for when there is no artist fanart.  No promises, though.

5. I will look into showing the artist logo while the artist slideshow is showing.

6. You can select the interval in seconds between fanart changes in the Artist Slideshow addon settings.  The default is 10 seconds.

7. As I mentioned in the post where I talked about version 3.2.41, you get to the "Use for all Tints" button by pressing Down from the opacity slider.  This is by necessity, since the slider is horizontal, and pressing left or right while on it will just decrease or increase the slider value.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Grinario, I made the changes for point 4.  Now if the artist has no fanart, the default background will be shown (the skin's or one you have defined through Settings, Amber Settings, Backgrounds: Set Default Background)

EDIT 2: I also made the changes for point 5.  There is a new skin setting, in Settings, Amber Settings, Backgrounds: Show Artist Logo in Music Visualization. If you set that to Yes, the artist logo (if available) will be shown.   

The Request about the favorites:
Issue 1 i will show this tomorrow, this is easy but complitated to explain this with only text. tomorrow i will show this with pictures.

Thank you for the changes, but in my 3.2.43 is no option show artist Logo in Music visualisazion in the settings Sad

i have seen here in the hotel on my android device the all tv channels shelf have no chanel descrition the logo below.

The TV shelf yesterday:

i show you only my wishes for the super skin. when jou say may proposals or wishes are not good, don´t hessistate to say and dislike my proposals, or when i write to much. i will not be critical, but to create a skin, who everybody wants :_)

grinario     
@Grinario, thanks for the additional info.  I will wait for your visuals in terms of favourites.  Please try the new Favourites shelf and Favourite Addons shelf also.

I will look into the TV Channels shelf issue, I must have missed something somewhere.  Also, I will double-check about the artist logo in music visualization, since I was sure I uploaded those changes to GitHub.

Thanks for your kind words.  Please keep your proposals coming! As I mentioned before, I can't promise I will do them all, but I will consider all of them.  Thank you for your continued use of Amber.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Grinario, please download the latest from Git.  I fixed the tv channels shelf.  The option to show artist logo in music visualization is there.  If you have made changes to the German strings.po, you need to update it to reflect the new strings or the option will not be there.  You can also switch the Kodi language back to English and all the new strings should show up.  Please let me know.  Thanks.   
hello Bart,
Thank you for complete the artist logo. this is very beautiful. this skin uses all what kodi can do Smile i have downloaded again from github and now is all running. I don´t know what happens. 
The TV Shelf i now correct, but in other shelfes don´t show the name eg. the emby recent viewed movis have no titel and shows only the green logo. No description in the top line and no desription the logo below.

if you only change the big list view, then let us modify the background behind the text in the list. i need daily the alphabetic strip. 

is it possible to make the shelf like Kodi 17? i was in the shelf on the right side, i have press back button an it jumps back to the home menu. 

i think if you see my proposal for the player you will kill me :-) in my min, if a product or project facinated me my creativity or fantasy runs. and i am covinced from your skin!

grinario

Here is my proposal for the favourite addon shelf

this featature with favourite addons for use for all content. Not ony for addons, for favorites, favourite addon link or widgets, too

my home menu have for all contend on entry. the shelf for the entry is extra for this contend. for example the youtube entry with click on it starts youtube, my favorite channels are in the shelv, or the music entry opens my music folder with click on it. the first shelf shows the last listening music, the second include icons for the folder for my favourite artists. 

grinario

(2020-01-30, 03:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-01-30, 00:16)Grinario Wrote:
(2020-01-28, 18:15)bsoriano Wrote: @Grinario, thanks for your requests.

Going one bye one:

1. I will not change the gap between the background and the top bar for Tall List.  If you want a List that occupies the whole screen, please use Big List.  In fact, that view is the only list view in the skin that does not have a middle panel, kind of like what you are requesting for Pictures.  I will be making changes to this view to accommodate your requests.

2.  When you ask about making the background behind the text customizable, are you referring to being able to customize its color? Please confirm.  Thanks.

3. In terms of keeping the list focus centered, like Embuary, this is certainly doable, and I will provide an option for this as a skin setting.  However, I will not change the way the alphabet strip works.  It is a pain to get the movement and focus correct for that, and I like it the way it is now.

4. Changing the focused item when the playing song changes.  As far as I know, this is not possible.  If you have seen this work on another skin, please let me know which one, so I can take a look at how it was done.  My skinning skills are limited, so I am always open to learning more.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Grinario, I have made the changes to implement point 3 above.  The changes are in GitHub already.  Please download, test, and let me know if this is what you were looking for.  Thanks.  
Hello Bart,

at the moment i´m on a business trip  in this case i will answering to you tomorrow.

thanks for the new skin. i like it and the new funktion with the centered list marker ist beautiful. this hepls for overview.

1. i like to read you will change the view. But the big list have no alphabetic strip. and the list of the tall view is nicer. 

2.  Yes i talk about the background behind the text, then we can make them a little lighter

4. No, i have not see this in a other skin, but i is a missing feature in Kodi. no problem.

grinario  
@Grinario, thanks for your answers.

1. Big List does have an alphabet strip.  At this time, I am not planning on creating a new view or having the option of no panel on the list views.  My plan is to modify Big List view.

2.  I am not great on the design part of skinning, so I am not sure how to do what you ask.  What I can do is allow you to customize the color of the panel (the colorpicker addon makes this easy for a skinner), with the option to change the opacity.  This should give you what you are looking for.

Regards,

Bart 
hello Bart,

the design part can do myself. But then have your skin a fully other look Smile i don´t will shock you. 
what i see is nice, otherwise i´m not here Smile

I´m happy to can change the opacy of the background from the tall list :-)

grinario

(2020-01-30, 21:40)Grinario Wrote:
(2020-01-30, 04:03)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-01-30, 00:41)Grinario Wrote: The Request about the favorites:

The TV shelf yesterday:

grinario     

Regards,

Bart

hello Bart,
Thank you for complete the artist logo. this is very beautiful. this skin uses all what kodi can do Smile i have downloaded again from github and now is all running. I don´t know what happens. 
The TV Shelf i now correct, but in other shelfes don´t show the name eg. the emby recent viewed movis have no titel and shows only the green logo. No description in the top line and no desription the logo below.

if you only change the big list view, then let us modify the background behind the text in the list. i need daily the alphabetic strip. 

is it possible to make the shelf like Kodi 17? i was in the shelf on the right side, i have press back button an it jumps back to the home menu. 

i think if you see my proposal for the player you will kill me :-) in my min, if a product or project facinated me my creativity or fantasy runs. and i am covinced from your skin!

grinario  
@Grinario, thanks!

1. For the shelves issue you mention, please send me a screenshot when you can, since I am not seeing any problems on my end with any shelf types.  Thanks.

2. As I mentioned in another post, I will provide the option to change the color and the opacity of the panel behind the text in all of the views.  Be aware that the alphabet strip only shows up if the sort method of the list is an alphabetic one (title, name, etc.  If you sort by date added, or last played, the alphabet strip will not appear).

3. I had not realized this was not working.  It is fixed now in GitHub.  If you press Back while on any shelf item, you will go back to the main menu.

4. I am very glad you are liking Amber! Please send me your proposal, no matter how radical it may be.  As I have said before, I will consider all proposals, even if I do not end up doing them because I prefer not to, or because they are beyond my skills.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-01-30, 22:23)Grinario Wrote: Here is my proposal for the favourite addon shelf

this featature with favourite addons for use for all content. Not ony for addons, for favorites, favourite addon link or widgets, too

my home menu have for all contend on entry. the shelf for the entry is extra for this contend. for example the youtube entry with click on it starts youtube, my favorite channels are in the shelv, or the music entry opens my music folder with click on it. the first shelf shows the last listening music, the second include icons for the folder for my favourite artists. 

grinario 
@Grinario, thanks for showing me what you meant.

I do not think I need to make any changes, all that you want to do can be done with the current functionality in Amber.  The Set Favourite Addons for Shelf is just for addons, for the Favourite Addons Shelf.  You can configure shelves for all other types of content, including YouTube, music, etc.

For example, if you want to have a shelf that shows the "Popular Right Now" category in YouTube, you would, instead of selecting "Default Shelves" or "TMDB Helper Shelves" (there are plenty more options if you continue going down in that list of shelf types), select "Addon", then "Video Addon", then "YouTube", then  "Popular Right Now", and then "Use as Widget".  That will give you a shelf that has all of the YouTube videos that are popular right now, and when you click on a shelf item, it will play the video in YouTube.  

You can do the same for Netflix or any other addon that specifies dynamic paths.

You can also configure shelves to be folders (sources that you have defined).  You can select "Music Library" or "Video Library" and then "Sources", and then one source, and then "Use as Widget".

Now, if you want to mix and match different content type in the same shelf, the only way you can do that in Amber (and I am not planning on adding any other way) is using the script.favourites addon.  If you have that installed, you can bring up the context menu on any type of item and you will get an "Add to Favourites" option that you can choose.  Once you have one or more favourite added, you can configure a Favourites shelf.  This shelf is under "Default Shelves", but it does not show up unless you have the script.favourites addon installed and at least one favourite added.

I hope this helps.  If you are still unclear, please let me know exactly what you would like to see in a shelf (or shelves) and I will let you know if it is possible in Amber and how to do it.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-01-30, 23:03)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-01-30, 21:40)Grinario Wrote:
(2020-01-30, 04:03)bsoriano Wrote: @Grinario, thanks for the additional info.  I will wait for your visuals in terms of favourites.  Please try the new Favourites shelf and Favourite Addons shelf also.

Regards,

Bart

hello Bart,

grinario   
@Grinario, thanks!

1. For the shelves issue you mention, please send me a screenshot when you can, since I am not seeing any problems on my end with any shelf types.  Thanks.

2. As I mentioned in another post, I will provide the option to change the color and the opacity of the panel behind the text in all of the views.  Be aware that the alphabet strip only shows up if the sort method of the list is an alphabetic one (title, name, etc.  If you sort by date added, or last played, the alphabet strip will not appear).

3. I had not realized this was not working.  It is fixed now in GitHub.  If you press Back while on any shelf item, you will go back to the main menu.

4. I am very glad you are liking Amber! Please send me your proposal, no matter how radical it may be.  As I have said before, I will consider all proposals, even if I do not end up doing them because I prefer not to, or because they are beyond my skills.

Regards,

Bart 
hell Bart,
thanks for fix the "back from shelf to the menu"

her are my fotos from the shelf description:

on the Top Right is now name showed (the yellow text "youtube" on picture below)

this is the Reason for my proposal with the adonshelfes for Favorites. the description of the Youtube search is missing in the super favorites adon. Yes i know, but it is only for information for you.

kind regars

Grinario

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-01-31

(2020-01-30, 23:38)Grinario Wrote:
(2020-01-30, 23:03)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-01-30, 21:40)Grinario Wrote: hello Bart,

grinario   
@Grinario, thanks!

Regards,

Bart  
hell Bart,

on the Top Right is now name showed (the yellow text "youtube" on picture below)

this is the Reason for my proposal with the adonshelfes for Favorites. the description of the Youtube search is missing in the super favorites adon. Yes i know, but it is only for information for you.

kind regars

Grinario 
@Grinario, thanks for the screenshots.  Unfortunately, I am not sure what the issue is.  Can you please tell me which exact shelf type did you select for the first shelf, that does not show the name of the shelf? That way I can better check where the problem might be.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Grinario - 2020-02-01

(2020-01-31, 03:58)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-01-30, 23:38)Grinario Wrote:
(2020-01-30, 23:03)bsoriano Wrote: @Grinario, thanks!

Regards,

Bart  
hell Bart,

kind regars

Grinario  
@Grinario, thanks for the screenshots.  Unfortunately, I am not sure what the issue is.  Can you please tell me which exact shelf type did you select for the first shelf, that does not show the name of the shelf? That way I can better check where the problem might be.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Hello Bart,

normaly your shelfes has a name. the position is top right or bottom right. here in the first screenshot is the shelf below the emby widget for recent listening music. the description (name of the shelf)  is missing.
The all tv channels shelf have the name, but the shelf for emby showed no name/descrition. The other shelfes are created with super favourites. there where earlier the names showed too.

the red marked text is missing by the emby recently listening music, emby new movies, emby recently played movies shelf

i have now tested the back button from shelf to the home menu. Without any played contend it jumps perfect back to home menu. But when any contend is played, it jumps from the shelf to the fullscreen and not back to home menu. is this fixable?

And the showed Logo is beautyful. the Logos in Home menu over the shelf ist great. But in fullscreen played music, the logo showed only half und it is cutted on the screen border. Can you please put it a little down) this problem i have on all my devices.

Image Image

Are so less people using Amber? Or will no people more features, or will inspiration you for more features?

grinario

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Grinario - 2020-02-01

Hello Bart,

now, i have created the german language file, but there is no changes in the skin. Is this a Problem with the file Format?

I have in the german file added the missing strings from the english file. When i saving the modified file, the wordpad ask me for the format to save. Which file format must i use for the strings.po?

thank you

grinario

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-01

(2020-02-01, 03:15)Grinario Wrote: Hello Bart,

now, i have created the german language file, but there is no changes in the skin. Is this a Problem with the file Format?

I have in the german file added the missing strings from the english file. When i saving the modified file, the wordpad ask me for the format to save. Which file format must i use for the strings.po?

thank you

grinario

@Grinario, it is just a text file, with the extension po. There are some formatting rules that need to be followed for Kodi to load it correctly, as far as I know. Can you please post a link to your updated file, I will check it to see if there are any issues with it. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-01

(2020-02-01, 02:41)Grinario Wrote:
(2020-01-31, 03:58)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-01-30, 23:38)Grinario Wrote: hell Bart,

kind regars

Grinario  

Regards,

Bart 
Hello Bart,

normaly your shelfes has a name. the position is top right or bottom right. here in the first screenshot is the shelf below the emby widget for recent listening music. the description (name of the shelf)  is missing.
The all tv channels shelf have the name, but the shelf for emby showed no name/descrition. The other shelfes are created with super favourites. there where earlier the names showed too.

the red marked text is missing by the emby recently listening music, emby new movies, emby recently played movies shelf

i have now tested the back button from shelf to the home menu. Without any played contend it jumps perfect back to home menu. But when any contend is played, it jumps from the shelf to the fullscreen and not back to home menu. is this fixable?

And the showed Logo is beautyful. the Logos in Home menu over the shelf ist great. But in fullscreen played music, the logo showed only half und it is cutted on the screen border. Can you please put it a little down) this problem i have on all my devices.

Image Image

Are so less people using Amber? Or will no people more features, or will inspiration you for more features?

grinario

@Grinario, thanks for the additional information. I will look into the issues of the back button and the logo in full screen music.

I am not sure that I can help with super favorites. Are you using the Emby for Kodi addon and configuring the shelves from that addon for the ones you mention that are from Emby? I can do some tests with it in the next couple of days if that is the case.

Just to be sure of what your configuration is exactly, could you please change the Kodi language to English, change something (it doesn't matter what) in the configuration of any of your shelves, and then after the menu is rebuilt, quit Kodi and post a link to your script.skinshortcuts-includes.xml file? You will find it in the skin's 1080i folder. Thanks.

Finally, I don't know if more or less people are using Amber today. I do know that a lot of the ones that do only update from the Kodi repo, so they haven't seen any of the recent changes. As soon as I know that the latest tmdb helper plugin is in the Kodi repo, I will push a new version of Amber to the Kodi repo. Then, perhaps more people will express their opinions.

In any case, please keep providing your ideas and requests! I love seeing new ideas and taking on new challenges. Thanks

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-02-03

@bsoriano - Hi Bart, Would it be possible to add the year as you land on each artist/album? I can do it, but it will overwrite when you push to the repo. Also, are you going to add music fanart/extrafanart to the music section in the near future? I honestly thought you outline that in the first post a few months back, but maybe I am wrong.

Thanks as always.

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-03

(2020-02-03, 00:00)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart, Would it be possible to add the year as you land on each artist/album? I can do it, but it will overwrite when you push to the repo. Also, are you going to add music fanart/extrafanart to the music section in the near future? I honestly thought you outline that in the first post a few months back, but maybe I am wrong.

Thanks as always.

Shedrock

@shedrock, can you please send me a screenshot of where you would like to see the year? Also, I have implemented extrafanart already in the music section, but you need to have it setup correctly in your advancedsettings.xml file, and scraped with Artwork Beef or something like it.

In the skin, I am not looking for an extrafanart folder or anything like that. I load, if available, fanart1 through fanart20 that you have in your db for the artist.

Regards,

Bart