Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-02-03

Hi Bart,

Here are 2 images that explain everything, well almost. I never see fanart with the Amber skin while in the music area. I have no issues with Aeon SiLVO skin though, and I believe Mike has it setup in the same way as Amber.

ImageImage

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-02-03

I just tested Amber on Windows and I do see Fanart, but it definitely does not work for me in LibreELEC. This is weird.

EDIT: Actually, I was wrong. It does not work in Windows for me either. It only displays fanart if I have the MUSIC BG set to random fanart.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-04

(2020-02-03, 01:45)shedrock Wrote: Hi Bart,

Here are 2 images that explain everything, well almost. I never see fanart with the Amber skin while in the music area. I have no issues with Aeon SiLVO skin though, and I believe Mike has it setup in the same way as Amber.

ImageImage

Regards,

Shedrock
@shedrock, my apologies for a late reply.  Extrafanart works for me in MyVideoNav and MyMusicNav, if it is scraped into your library.  Please remember that Artwork Beef only processes artist images in the central Artist Info folder defined in the Kodi settings.

Also, for extrafanart to be shown in Amber, you need the following settings (both found in Settings, Amber Settings, Background) configured:

- Use Extrafanart If available ==> Set this to Yes
- Show Fanart Background in Sub Windows ==> Set this to Yes

I added the year next to the album title for the Icons and Fanart views.  I still need to look a little more at other changes to the fanart view with info (what you are using) for music.  I also added the extrafanart in music to the "Show Fanart" button in the music info dialog.

Could you please download the latest from Git, test and let me know if that is what you were looking for in terms of the year for the albums? Thanks.

Finally, what I understood from your first image is that you would like long labels in lists to scroll horizontally instead of just being truncated.  I have added an option to enable that in skin settings (Settings, Amber Settings, General: Enable Label Scrolling in List Views).

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - newbii - 2020-02-04

Hello.

I'm fairly new to Kodi and I haven't tested all skins available. But this one is great! It's clutter free and has so many options.
I hope you don't mind if I ask a question or two:

#1#
I use the the movie menu's (small) icons view. Since many DVDs have more than 1 audio stream (like FRE/ESP/ENG/ITA) I would really like to see the audio languages in the icons view footer section (next to or instead of the MPAA rating which I don't need at all).
So I have looked at the files in your repo and I've tried something with the Includes_Variables.xml

in ~ line 489, right after the <variable name="panelsubheading"> I inserted this value (and deleted the MPAA entry):
Code:
<value condition="[String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) + !Skin.HasSetting(Hide.Label2.Lists) + ![[String.IsEqual(ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.1),eng) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.1),und)] +                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       [String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.2)) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.2),eng) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.2),und)]]]">$INFO[ListItem.Duration,,$LOCALIZE[31297]]$INFO[ListItem.RatingAndVotes, • ][COLOR=Blue]$INFO[ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.1),[COLOR=Silver] • [/COLOR]]$INFO[ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.2), / ]$INFO[ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.3), / ]$INFO[ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.4), / ]$INFO[ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.5), / ][/COLOR]</value>

That shows the first 4 audio streams of a movie unless it's only stream is English or the first stream is "undefined" (e.g. my old TV recordings) or first and second stream are English (one of them usually for people who can't see very well) and so on (as stated in the condition part). I chose a neutral blue color for the text so it wouldn't be overlooked and not be too annoying (like red).

Do you think you could add something like this to your skin? And could the display of the MPAA rating maybe be optional?

#2#

I like fanart background displaying in the home menu. I have two custom movie home menu items based on smart playlists (each with recently added smart playlist for its shelf). I can either choose random movie fanart or playlistbackground. Randon movie fanart displays fanart of all movies not just the ones in the smart playlist. Playlistbackground does that but not randomly it seems.
I would love an option that pulls fanart from a smart playlist, displays it totally at random and skip those entries that have no fanart background. I have some exotic and old DVDs for which there seems to be no fanart background and it just displays a black background.

Whatever you can do is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your work.

P.S. I'm using the Amber version from the Kodi repo (Leia).

(2020-02-04, 20:47)newbii Wrote: Hello.

I'm fairly new to Kodi and I haven't tested all skins available. But this one is great! It's clutter free and has so many options.
I hope you don't mind if I ask a question or two:

#1#
I use the the movie menu's (small) icons view. Since many DVDs have more than 1 audio stream (like FRE/ESP/ENG/ITA) I would really like to see the audio languages in the icons view footer section (next to or instead of the MPAA rating which I don't need at all).
So I have looked at the files in your repo and I've tried something with the Includes_Variables.xml

in ~ line 489, right after the <variable name="panelsubheading"> I inserted this value (and deleted the MPAA entry):
Code:
<value condition="[String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) + !Skin.HasSetting(Hide.Label2.Lists) + ![[String.IsEqual(ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.1),eng) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.1),und)] +                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       [String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.2)) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.2),eng) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.2),und)]]]">$INFO[ListItem.Duration,,$LOCALIZE[31297]]$INFO[ListItem.RatingAndVotes, • ][COLOR=Blue]$INFO[ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.1),[COLOR=Silver] • [/COLOR]]$INFO[ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.2), / ]$INFO[ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.3), / ]$INFO[ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.4), / ]$INFO[ListItem.Property(AudioLanguage.5), / ][/COLOR]</value>

That shows the first 4 audio streams of a movie unless it's only stream is English or the first stream is "undefined" (e.g. my old TV recordings) or first and second stream are English (one of them usually for people who can't see very well) and so on (as stated in the condition part). I chose a neutral blue color for the text so it wouldn't be overlooked and not be too annoying (like red).

Do you think you could add something like this to your skin? And could the display of the MPAA rating maybe be optional?

#2#

I like fanart background displaying in the home menu. I have two custom movie home menu items based on smart playlists (each with recently added smart playlist for its shelf). I can either choose random movie fanart or playlistbackground. Randon movie fanart displays fanart of all movies not just the ones in the smart playlist. Playlistbackground does that but not randomly it seems.
I would love an option that pulls fanart from a smart playlist, displays it totally at randomandskip those entries that have no fanart background. I have some exotic and old DVDs for which there seems to be no fanart background and it just displays a black background.

Whatever you can do is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your work.

P.S. I'm using the Amber version from the Kodi repo (Leia). 
@newbii, welcome to Kodi and to Amber.

Thank you for your feedback.  I think both of your requests are very reasonable.  I will look into including both of them in Amber.  I cannot commit to a specifictime, though.  Also, as you might have seen from the first post in the Amber thread, Amber has a repo, which is updated more frequently than the Kodi repo.  You might be interested in keeping Amber updated that way.

Regards,

Bart

@Grinario, please check the latest from Git.  Main changes for you to test:

1. Changed the placement of the logo in full screen music.  Should not be cut off now.

2. Changed the size of the logo in the home window.  I think this is a more reasonable size, what do you think?

As for the Back key when something is playing, I have not found a way to change that.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Peekstra - 2020-02-04

Hi,

just discovered the skin, very nice!

Only, when running the latest artist slideshow script (3.10) it displays a message that the skin needs to be updated to use the 3.0 version. For now I've downgraded to 2.15 and disabled auto updates but I hope that you're planning to implement the changes to get it working .

thanks and keep up the good work!

(2020-02-04, 23:23)Peekstra Wrote: Hi,

just discovered the skin, very nice!

Only, when running the latest artist slideshow script (3.10) it displays a message that the skin needs to be updated to use the 3.0 version. For now I've downgraded to 2.15 and disabled auto updates but I hope that you're planning to implement the changes to get it working .

thanks and keep up the good work!
@Peekstra , thanks for your feedback!

I have already implemented those changes, but they are not in the Kodi repo version of the skin yet.  You can download the Amber repo (link in the first post) and update the skin from there.  The changes are already in the Amber repo version.

Regards,

Bart

Great! Thanks!

I get an error when I try to update from the Amber repo to the 27 version: The dependency on plugin.video.themoviedb.helper version 2.2.15 could not be satisfied. I guess that I'll need to update that from github (or another source)?

EDIT: fixed by manually copying the contens of the zip from github to the addons folder (without the -master extension obviously). Seems to work fine now.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-05

(2020-02-04, 23:52)Peekstra Wrote: I get an error when I try to update from the Amber repo to the 27 version: The dependency on plugin.video.themoviedb.helper version 2.2.15 could not be satisfied. I guess that I'll need to update that from github (or another source)?

EDIT: fixed by manually copying the contens of the zip from github to the addons folder (without the -master extension obviously). Seems to work fine now.

@Peekstra , yes, I apologize I did not mention that dependency before.  I am glad you got it sorted out.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-02-05

(2020-02-04, 18:10)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, my apologies for a late reply. 
Bart 
Not a problem at all Bart. I will test it out tonight and report back to you. Thank you very much.

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - newbii - 2020-02-05

(2020-02-04, 22:24)bsoriano Wrote: I will look into including both of them in Amber.  I cannot commit to a specifictime, though.
Thank you for adding them to your to-do list. Does "Provide option to show/hide the different ratings in Video Info" include the option to show the first 4 or so audio stream languages in the movie menu footer?
I will try to install your Amber repo and to manually download and install the required plugin that is not yet available in the Kodi repo.

Nothing important but I thought I'd ask: on my TV many icons in the footer section have something like pixel noise or pixel artefacts. At first I thought it was some "dirt" on my TV but after wiping it clean it's still there. I've seen it with most of the video codec icons, video resolution icons, audio codec icons and audio channel icons and star rating icons (incl. "not rated"), not aspectio ratio icons though.

Thank you for your help and for considering my requests.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-05

(2020-02-05, 15:48)newbii Wrote:
(2020-02-04, 22:24)bsoriano Wrote: I will look into including both of them in Amber.  I cannot commit to a specifictime, though.
Thank you for adding them to your to-do list. Does "Provide option to show/hide the different ratings in Video Info" include the option to show the first 4 or so audio stream languages in the movie menu footer?
I will try to install your Amber repo and to manually download and install the required plugin that is not yet available in the Kodi repo.

Nothing important but I thought I'd ask: on my TV many icons in the footer section have something like pixel noise or pixel artefacts. At first I thought it was some "dirt" on my TV but after wiping it clean it's still there. I've seen it with most of the video codec icons, video resolution icons, audio codec icons and audio channel icons and star rating icons (incl. "not rated"), not aspectio ratio icons though.

Thank you for your help and for considering my requests.  
@newbii , no, that feature will be just to customize which ratings (tmdb, imdb, tvdb, rt, user) are shown in the video info dialog.  I already show the first 5 audio stream languages and subtitle languages on the right side in the video info dialog, where the details like Director, Writer, etc. are.  You do have to scroll down to see them.

As for the icons issue that you mention, could you send me screenshots that show the problem? I did include the certification rating icons myself, so I guess I could find higher resolution ones if that is the issue, but I did not create the media flag icons (codec, etc.), so those I would need help from someone with graphics skills to modify.  What resolution and tv size do you have? I have not noticed that on a 55 inch 4K tv.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - heula - 2020-02-05

Hi,

Love this skin! Been playing with it the last few days.

I have a few suggestions.
- I would like some more color on the media info buttons.
- A landscape view like Myflix in Aeon Nox would be nice too.
- I see no image rotation in the series. Artwork Beef is installed and set to 5 backgrounds.

Is there a way to lower the widget that is now in the middle?

Thanks