Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-05

(2020-02-05, 16:57)heula Wrote: Hi,

Love this skin! Been playing with it the last few days.

I have a few suggestions.
- I would like some more color on the media info buttons.
- A landscape view like Myflix in Aeon Nox would be nice too.
- I see no image rotation in the series. Artwork Beef is installed and set to 5 backgrounds.

Is there a way to lower the widget that is now in the middle?

Thanks

@heula, thanks for your feedback!

In terms of your suggestions:

1. By media info buttons do you mean the media flags? (video codec, resolution, etc.).  Currently, I do not use an image resource addon for that, but icons that the original skin designer made.  I do not have at this time a plan to change that to use an image resource addon, that you then could choose to use colored icons or black and white icons.  However, in the version that is currently in my GitHub (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber, Leia branch), you can customize the colors in the skin.  In that version, if you change the regular text color, the media icons will also be shown in that changed color.  Please let me know if this is kind of what you were suggesting, or if it was more the use of colored icons like those of an image resource addon.  Thanks.

2.  I agree a landscape view would be nice.  I like those KodiFLix, MyFlix views a lot myself.  I will put it in my to do for the skin.  No promises on ETA, though.

3.  If you are talking about extrafanart for when you are browsing your series (not the video info dialog), then yes, the skin supports up to 20 fanarts.  I do not use script.skin.helper.service for this, you need to have those fanarts scraped into your library, like with Artwork Beef.  You need to ensure the following options are set to Yes in the skin settings (Settings, Skin Settings, Backgrounds):

-- Use Extrafanart if available
-  Show Fanart Background in Sub Windows

And you also need to ensure you have that extra fanart referenced in your advancedsettings.xml.  This is mine, for example: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlII29kkG6TFiOo1-pqLTghU2WhpOw?e=XuaBCF.

4. Unfortunately, no.  I do not have a plan of changing the widgets (shelves) positioning.  However, for each menu item you can choose not to show the widgets if they are not focused.  When you configure the menu item, you will see an option called "Hide Shelves when not focused".  Would that be beneficial for you? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - heula - 2020-02-05

Hi Bart,

1. By media info buttons do you mean the media flags? (video codec, resolution, etc.). 
Yes I do. I will check that version at Github.

2.  I agree a landscape view would be nice.  I like those KodiFLix, MyFlix views a lot myself.  I will put it in my to do for the skin.  No promises on ETA, though.
Thanks, looking forward to it.

3.  If you are talking about extrafanart for when you are browsing your series (not the video info dialog), then yes, the skin supports up to 20 fanarts.  I do not use script.skin.helper.service for this, you need to have those fanarts scraped into your library, like with Artwork Beef.  You need to ensure the following options are set to Yes in the skin settings (Settings, Skin Settings, Backgrounds):
I use Emby for all my metadata and also have Artwork Beef enabled today. Perhaps I was impatient?
I will add your fanart lines to mine and see what happens.

4. Unfortunately, no.  I do not have a plan of changing the widgets (shelves) positioning.  However, for each menu item you can choose not to show the widgets if they are not focused.  When you configure the menu item, you will see an option called "Hide Shelves when not focused".  Would that be beneficial for you? Please let me know.  Thanks.
I know I can hide the widget but that is not what I want. I would like the widget attached to the bar at the bottum or just a little space between them. Can I adjust it myself in a specific xml file?
If not than I have to live with it.
 Wink

Thanks for your help.

(2020-02-05, 20:28)heula Wrote: Hi Bart,

1. By media info buttons do you mean the media flags? (video codec, resolution, etc.). Yes I do. I will check that version at Github.2.  I agree a landscape view would be nice.  I like those KodiFLix, MyFlix views a lot myself.  I will put it in my to do for the skin.  No promises on ETA, though.Thanks, looking forward to it.3.  If you are talking about extrafanart for when you are browsing your series (not the video info dialog), then yes, the skin supports up to 20 fanarts.  I do not use script.skin.helper.service for this, you need to have those fanarts scraped into your library, like with Artwork Beef.  You need to ensure the following options are set to Yes in the skin settings (Settings, Skin Settings, Backgrounds):I use Emby for all my metadata and also have Artwork Beef enabled today. Perhaps I was impatient?
I will add your fanart lines to mine and see what happens.
4. Unfortunately, no.  I do not have a plan of changing the widgets (shelves) positioning.  However, for each menu item you can choose not to show the widgets if they are not focused.  When you configure the menu item, you will see an option called "Hide Shelves when not focused".  Would that be beneficial for you? Please let me know.  Thanks.I know I can hide the widget but that is not what I want. I would like the widget attached to the bar at the bottum or just a little space between them. Can I adjust it myself in a specific xml file?
If not than I have to live with it.
 Wink

Thanks for your help.
@heula , thanks for your answers.  In terms of the widgets, you could adjust yourself in xml, but it would have to be in a few different places for the widgets to function correctly.  You are not the first user to have asked me for a "low" position for the widgets for the horizontal menu.  I will add this to my to-do list.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - heula - 2020-02-05

You are not the first user to have asked me for a "low" position for the widgets for the horizontal menu.  I will add this to my to-do list.
Cool, perhaps a self adjustable widget so everyone can put it where he or she wants?

(2020-02-05, 21:51)heula Wrote: You are not the first user to have asked me for a "low" position for the widgets for the horizontal menu.  I will add this to my to-do list.Cool, perhaps a self adjustable widget so everyone can put it where he or she wants?
@heula, that is beyond my skinning capabilities! I can commit to a low option in addition to the current one.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Grinario - 2020-02-06

(2020-02-04, 23:17)bsoriano Wrote: @Grinario, please check the latest from Git.  Main changes for you to test:

1. Changed the placement of the logo in full screen music.  Should not be cut off now.

2. Changed the size of the logo in the home window.  I think this is a more reasonable size, what do you think?

As for the Back key when something is playing, I have not found a way to change that.

Regards,

Bart
Hello Bart,

thanks for the changes.

1. Is now correct and no cutted logos. At least my ca. 10 artist i have tested
2.  i think there is no big change, the logos have the same size.
3. No problem, perhaps is there late a solution for ths issue and you have a idea Smile

Kind regards

grinario

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Grinario - 2020-02-06

(2020-02-05, 22:19)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-02-05, 21:51)heula Wrote: You are not the first user to have asked me for a "low" position for the widgets for the horizontal menu.  I will add this to my to-do list.Cool, perhaps a self adjustable widget so everyone can put it where he or she wants?
@heula, that is beyond my skinning capabilities! I can commit to a low option in addition to the current one.

Regards,

Bart 
now with the optimized shelfes is there so much to to. tomorrow i will make a Amber evening. The reason i use amber are the shelves. This is a great option of this skin and make it unique.
with the new displayed names of the contend in the shelf, and the user option wich shelf contend you use, you can descide wich type of contend you will using.

for example:
the emby movie shelf shows the titel of the movie the poster below
the kodi movie shelf shows no titel the poster below.

there have the user the option wich contend will be showed. A very nice option.

grinario

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-02-06

@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I've tested the skin with the artwork as you suggested and it seems to work fine. One issue I did find though, is that unless my music root fanart is not labelled as fanart1, 2 3 etc., then it won't be displayed, and by that I mean, if there is just fanart.jpg in the root folder, it does not get displayed. I tested this by renaming it to fanart1.jpg and it worked. Now, I do not have this issue with Aeon Nox SiLvo, and yes, I do realize that the AIF must exists to store the fanart images. However, I have trouble with that on my LibreELEC setup so all of my fanart images are also stored in my music artist root folder. Hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Also, the date for the music is great. I personally would have preferred it below the album name and using the same font size without the brackets. It just looks strange and a bit smaller next to the album name. Anyway, I guess I can adjust that at some point so it's not a big issue. Again, thank you for all your hard work on this skin.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-06

(2020-02-06, 01:32)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart,

I've tested the skin with the artwork as you suggested and it seems to work fine. One issue I did find though, is that unless my music root fanart is not labelled as fanart1, 2 3 etc., then it won't be displayed, and by that I mean, if there is just fanart.jpg in the root folder, it does not get displayed. I tested this by renaming it to fanart1.jpg and it worked. Now, I do not have this issue with Aeon Nox SiLvo, and yes, I do realize that the AIF must exists to store the fanart images. However, I have trouble with that on my LibreELEC setup so all of my fanart images are also stored in my music artist root folder. Hope you understand what I am trying to say.

Also, the date for the music is great. I personally would have preferred it below the album name and using the same font size without the brackets. It just looks strange and a bit smaller next to the album name. Anyway, I guess I can adjust that at some point so it's not a big issue. Again, thank you for all your hard work on this skin.

Regards,

Shedrock

@shedrock, thanks for testing. I will check with just having fanart.jpg, as that should work fine. I imagine you do have the fanart scraped into the library. Can you please try, for the artist where you only have fanart.jpg, to go into the music info dialog, click "Choose Art", and see if the correct fanart is shown as the Fanart for the artist? Thanks.

As for the year, I was just trying to be consistent with the way the year is being shown in other areas of the skin. I will change it to the way you suggest.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-02-06, 00:10)Grinario Wrote:
(2020-02-04, 23:17)bsoriano Wrote: @Grinario, please check the latest from Git.  Main changes for you to test:

1. Changed the placement of the logo in full screen music.  Should not be cut off now.

2. Changed the size of the logo in the home window.  I think this is a more reasonable size, what do you think?

As for the Back key when something is playing, I have not found a way to change that.

Regards,

Bart
Hello Bart,

thanks for the changes.

1. Is now correct and no cutted logos. At least my ca. 10 artist i have tested
2.  i think there is no big change, the logos have the same size.
3. No problem, perhaps is there late a solution for ths issue and you have a idea Smile

Kind regards

grinario

@Grinario, thanks for testing.

I did increase quite a bit the size of the logo in the home screen. Can you please take a screenshot of the same movie that the text logo was too small and post it here? Maybe I didn't update all the files I needed to in Github. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-02-06

(2020-02-06, 02:02)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock, thanks for testing. I will check with just having fanart.jpg, as that should work fine. I imagine you do have the fanart scraped into the library. Can you please try, for the artist where you only have fanart.jpg, to go into the music info dialog, click "Choose Art", and see if the correct fanart is shown as the Fanart for the artist? Thanks.

As for the year, I was just trying to be consistent with the way the year is being shown in other areas of the skin. I will change it to the way you suggest.
Thanks Bart. I will double check it with the fanart just to be absolutely sure, but all my music is scraped into the library, in spite of all the wrong mbids etc., it still works on Aeon Nox, but I'll get back to you on it tomorrow when I get in from work.

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - newbii - 2020-02-06

(2020-02-05, 16:11)bsoriano Wrote: no, that feature will be just to customize which ratings (tmdb, imdb, tvdb, rt, user) are shown in the video info dialog.
Hiding the user rating will be very helpful. But actually I was more referring to the MPAA rating and its equivalent in other countries, the ones that are supposed to signal suitability for certain audiences based on the movie's content. You know like PG-13, R, NC.
I really don't need that as an adult.

(2020-02-05, 16:11)bsoriano Wrote: I already show the first 5 audio stream languages and subtitle languages on the right side in the video info dialog, where the details like Director, Writer, etc. are.  You do have to scroll down to see them.
For movies I use the (small) icons menu view. So in order to see the audio language or subtitle language for a movie I need to press context key on my remote, scroll down to "show information", press OK, then up, then right and then scroll down. This whole key pressing business for every movie was the reason I inserted that little code snippet mentioned in my first post which shows the first 4 audio languages for the selected movie right there in the footer (instead of the MPAA rating).
Of course, I could re-insert that snippet after every update of Amber or maybe even fork Amber on github but that's a lot of hassle compared to the benefit.

But I have a compromise in mind which I'd like to propose: maybe you could display the audio and subtitle languages in the information menu of a movie (or even tv show) in a way that it is visible right away when entering the information menu. Either by moving audio/subtitle language entries up/higher in the section on the right (where they are now but higher up) or by placing them somewhere else where they are immediately visible.
Although it would still require 3 "clicks" on my remote for every movie it would be a lot faster than it is now.

(2020-02-05, 16:11)bsoriano Wrote: As for the icons issue that you mention, could you send me screenshots that show the problem? I did include the certification rating icons myself, so I guess I could find higher resolution ones if that is the issue, but I did not create the media flag icons (codec, etc.), so those I would need help from someone with graphics skills to modify.  What resolution and tv size do you have? I have not noticed that on a 55 inch 4K tv.
I think it's mostly the very old icons (3 years and older according to the repo) that have pixel noise, and in varying degrees, some are ok. My eyes are not certainly the best but I've noticed it on a 40inch 1080p TV Smile
BTW here's an example.

(2020-02-06, 18:08)newbii Wrote:
(2020-02-05, 16:11)bsoriano Wrote: no, that feature will be just to customize which ratings (tmdb, imdb, tvdb, rt, user) are shown in the video info dialog.
Hiding the user rating will be very helpful. But actually I was more referring to the MPAA rating and its equivalent in other countries, the ones that are supposed to signal suitability for certain audiences based on the movie's content. You know like PG-13, R, NC.
I really don't need that as an adult.

(2020-02-05, 16:11)bsoriano Wrote: I already show the first 5 audio stream languages and subtitle languages on the right side in the video info dialog, where the details like Director, Writer, etc. are.  You do have to scroll down to see them.
For movies I use the (small) icons menu view. So in order to see the audio language or subtitle language for a movie I need to press context key on my remote, scroll down to "show information", press OK, then up, then right and then scroll down. This whole key pressing business for every movie was the reason I inserted that little code snippet mentioned in my first post which shows the first 4 audio languages for the selected movie right there in the footer (instead of the MPAA rating).
Of course, I could re-insert that snippet after every update of Amber or maybe even fork Amber on github but that's a lot of hassle compared to the benefit.

But I have a compromise in mind which I'd like to propose: maybe you could display the audio and subtitle languages in the information menu of a movie (or even tv show) in a way that it isvisible right away when entering the information menu. Either by moving audio/subtitle language entries up/higher in the section on the right (where they are now but higher up) or by placing them somewhere else where they are immediately visible.
Although it would still require 3 "clicks" on my remote for every movie it would be a lot faster than it is now.

(2020-02-05, 16:11)bsoriano Wrote: As for the icons issue that you mention, could you send me screenshots that show the problem? I did include the certification rating icons myself, so I guess I could find higher resolution ones if that is the issue, but I did not create the media flag icons (codec, etc.), so those I would need help from someone with graphics skills to modify.  What resolution and tv size do you have? I have not noticed that on a 55 inch 4K tv.
I think it's mostly the very old icons (3 years and older according to the repo) that have pixel noise, and in varying degrees, some are ok. My eyes are not certainly the best but I've noticed it on a 40inch 1080p TV Smile
BTW here's an example.

@newbii , thanks for the additional info.

Understood about the certification ratings.  I will add the option to show/hide them to my to-do.

As for the audio and subtitles info, I am working right now on adding that info to all media views, so it will be available while you are browsing your movies/episodes, without having to go into the information dialog.  Will that suit you? Please confirm.
It will be a skin setting, meaning that you will get to choose to display this or not.  Unfortunately, it will take me a bit of time to complete, since it is tedious work having to rework the information panel on all views and ensuring it looks good will all content types.

Finally, thanks for showing me what you mean with the icons.  I see that the second icon you show does not have the noise, how did you remove it? Please let me know so I can do the same to all of the media flag icons and rating icons.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2020-02-06

At this time, we cannot select the soundtrack or subtitles until a video has started playing.
I don't know if it's possible but it would be nice to be able to select the sound track and the subtitles before starting to play a video.
As can be done in Plex.

I come back to the problem I had with Embuary Helper Script and where an error message was displayed with videos that have accented characters in their title (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342130&pid=2909612#pid2909612).
Since the last update of Embuary Helper Script last week (which is available on the Kodi repository), this problem is corrected. I have no more error messages.

Now, I am waiting for TheMovieDb Helper update 2.2.15 to be available on the Kodi repository.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - newbii - 2020-02-06

(2020-02-06, 20:54)bsoriano Wrote: As for the audio and subtitles info, I am working right now on adding that info to all media views, so it will be available while you are browsing your movies/episodes, without having to go into the information dialog.
That sound pretty much like what I had in mind. Great!

(2020-02-06, 20:54)bsoriano Wrote: I see that the second icon you show does not have the noise, how did you remove it?
I edited the icon using an image editor. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the font used in these icons, do you? I'll take a look at this tomorrow.