Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-07

(2020-02-06, 23:18)Cyberdom Wrote: At this time, we cannot select the soundtrack or subtitles until a video has started playing.
I don't know if it's possible but it would be nice to be able to select the sound track and the subtitles before starting to play a video.
As can be done in Plex.

I come back to the problem I had with Embuary Helper Script and where an error message was displayed with videos that have accented characters in their title (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342130&pid=2909612#pid2909612).
Since the last update of Embuary Helper Script last week (which is available on the Kodi repository), this problem is corrected. I have no more error messages.

Now, I am waiting for TheMovieDb Helper update 2.2.15 to be available on the Kodi repository.
@Cyberdom , I am glad the issue with embuary helper was solved.

As for the audio and subtitle selection before playback, as far as I know, this is not possible in Kodi.  Answers I have seen for other people that have asked is to select the default language and subtitle language in Kodi settings to be those that you prefer, but nothing other than that.  

Regards,

Bart

(2020-02-06, 23:19)newbii Wrote:
(2020-02-06, 20:54)bsoriano Wrote: As for the audio and subtitles info, I am working right now on adding that info to all media views, so it will be available while you are browsing your movies/episodes, without having to go into the information dialog.
That sound pretty much like what I had in mind. Great!

(2020-02-06, 20:54)bsoriano Wrote: I see that the second icon you show does not have the noise, how did you remove it?
I edited the icon using an image editor. Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the font used in these icons, do you? I'll take a look at this tomorrow. 
@newbii , unfortunately I have no idea about the font used in the icons, and I do not have a .psd or template that I could use to recreate them.  Are you skilled with graphics tools? If so, would you be willing to try and create a new set of icons for AMber that resemble the current ones? Please let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

@pecinko , @Jester, @joethepartylion , do any of you guys by any chance have the template (psd of something like it) for the media flag icons (codec, resolution, etc.) for Amber? Do you know what font was used when creating the icons? Was the icon set created specifically for Amber? By whom? Any information you could provide me would be really helpful.  I would like to make new icons and improve some of the existing ones, but do not have much to go on except for the current icons themselves.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Peekstra - 2020-02-07

I ran into a problem installing this skin on one of my systems the "content" menu's remain "blank". For example, when I enter the Movies menu no data is shown (no text no pictures just a dark grey box on the left). This doesn't happen for all the menu's as the settings menu works fine.

Trying to fix this I already re-installed the skin (remove settings) and inspected the logs for anything different to the other Kodi system. Next I checked all the dependencies but they're all installed according to the skin and the skin is running the latest version from the repo.

So is there anything else what I can try to get it to work? Thanks!

(2020-02-07, 18:21)Peekstra Wrote: I ran into a problem installing this skin on one of my systems the "content" menu's remain "blank". For example, when I enter the Movies menu no data is shown (no text no pictures just a dark grey box on the left). This doesn't happen for all the menu's as the settings menu works fine.

Trying to fix this I already re-installed the skin (remove settings) and inspected the logs for anything different to the other Kodi system. Next I checked all the dependencies but they're all installed according to the skin and the skin is running the latest version from the repo.

@Peekstra , I am sorry you are running into problems with Amber.  From your description, I do not know what the problem could be.  Could you please provide additional information on your environment? (Operating System, Kodi version, source of Amber install).  Also, could you please post a screenshot of the issue? Finally, could you post a link to a Kodi debug log of when the problem happens?

In terms of starting from scratch, I would do the following:

0- Through Kodi settings, switch skin to Estuary
1- Through Kodi addon settings, uninstall Amber
2- Quit Kodi
3- Remove the folder skin.amber from your <Kodi folder>\addons\ folder
4- Remove the folder skin.amber from your <userdata folder>\addon_data\ folder
5- Remove any files with Amber in the name from the <userdata folder>\addon_data\script.skinshortcuts\ folder

That way you are sure that there are no traces of Amber, its settings, or any menu/submenu/widget configuration settings from Amber.

Then, restart Kodi and install Amber again from the Kodi repo.  Switch skins to Amber and see how it goes.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - DarrenHill - 2020-02-07

(2020-02-07, 18:21)Peekstra Wrote: I ran into a problem installing this skin on one of my systems the "content" menu's remain "blank". For example, when I enter the Movies menu no data is shown (no text no pictures just a dark grey box on the left). This doesn't happen for all the menu's as the settings menu works fine.

Go to the Amber settings screen, then on the media views menu item select the top one (set default view) and choose something. Then things should work again.

I've hit this one as well - nothing shows as there's no choice made as to what option to use.

(2020-02-07, 20:03)DarrenHill Wrote:

Go to the Amber settings screen, then on the media views menu item select the top one (set default view) and choose something. Then things should work again.

I've hit this one as well - nothing shows as there's no choice made as to what option to use. 
@DarrenHill , I inadvertently introduced that issue when I included the default view option, but I fixed that almost immediately.  It should not be happening on any new installation of Amber, either from the Kodi repo (does not have that feature) or the Amber repo (fixed a while ago). 

Regards,

Bart

@bsoriano - I had a Pi that I don't use (or at least network connect) so often have it happen last weekend when I updated it. That's what brought it to mind so quickly as the appearance is exactly as described above. When you go into the default view nothing is set, but as soon as you select an option everything works fine.

So you may want to check if it happens on updates as opposed to new installs. Especially if the older installs have some of the views disabled, as mine does (as I don't use anything but lists).

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - newbii - 2020-02-07

(2020-02-07, 01:18)bsoriano Wrote: @newbii , unfortunately I have no idea about the font used in the icons, and I do not have a .psd or template that I could use to recreate them.  Are you skilled with graphics tools? If so, would you be willing to try and create a new set of icons for AMber that resemble the current ones?
Took me long enough but I managed to create some icons that resemble the old ones, only without the pixel noise. In the end I used some of Avenir LT fonts (35 Light, 45 Book and 55 Roman). The icons are flat 2D, no fake shadow or anything fancy like that. They look good to me though - and even if I tried I couldn't come up with anything better anyway. I've send you the link via PM. Hope you like them. Looking forward to the changes you announced.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - newbii - 2020-02-07

Hmm, ok, looks like I can't send PMs (yet).  Rolleyes
So here's the link: https://send.firefox.com/download/2dfec649cb981921/#wnDZpbYgsQtFHz3so6ZZ4g
Hope the link still works when you read this because according to the website it's unfortunately only good for 1 download only. If not let me know.

(2020-02-07, 21:04)DarrenHill Wrote: @bsoriano - I had a Pi that I don't use (or at least network connect) so often have it happen last weekend when I updated it. That's what brought it to mind so quickly as the appearance is exactly as described above. When you go into the default view nothing is set, but as soon as you select an option everything works fine.

So you may want to check if it happens on updates as opposed to new installs. Especially if the older installs have some of the views disabled, as mine does (as I don't use anything but lists).

@DarrenHill , thanks! That's a great point about disabled views, since the fix I put in is that if there is no default view set, it uses List as default.  In fact, now I do not allow List view to be disabled.  I will work on figuring out what is the first view that is enabled and use that as the default if it is not set.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-02-07, 21:23)newbii Wrote: Hmm, ok, looks like I can't send PMs (yet).  Rolleyes
So here's the link: https://send.firefox.com/download/2dfec649cb981921/#wnDZpbYgsQtFHz3so6ZZ4g
Hope the link still works when you read this because according to the website it's unfortunately only good for 1 download only. If not let me know.
@newbii , thank you so much! Smile The link worked.  I will take a look at the icons now, so I can include them in the next update I publish to GitHub.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @newbii, great work, thanks! They are virtually indistinguishable from the original icons, without any pixel noise.  Did you create some sort of template? What did you use to make them? If you could let me know and walk me through the process I would really appreciate it, since it means I could in the future create/update the icons for the skin.  Thanks again!

(2020-02-07, 21:23)newbii Wrote: Hmm, ok, looks like I can't send PMs (yet).  Rolleyes

@newbii - But as a small thank you for contributing and to help you to do so more easily, you should be able to now (it's a generic anti-spam measure for new accounts).

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - chrissix666 - 2020-02-08

(2020-01-27, 22:25)Grinario Wrote: Wat must i do with the german letters Ä,Ö,Ü,ß? can i type the letters or must i type in the other signs?
for example: "Kürzlich" is correct "Kürzlich" or "Zufällig" is correct in german Zufällig 
A still common issue on install process of resources. Every none standard ASCII spelling will get falsified. Naming in REPO's or ZIP's is always fine so it's definitely an install problem.
Only workaround is to copy paste the content afterwards. Easy on ZIP addons but for REPO provided stuff you have to search a bit how you can download it manually in browser.

First mentioned the problem in Jarvis ages when a german genre icon resource addon not recognized "Komödie". Renamed the whole genre in .nfo's to "Comedy" to see the missing image.
Some time afterwards when i had the knowledge to decompile resources i saw that "Komödie" was there but falsified to "Kom[bla]die". But in the source REPO and ZIP the naming was fine.
Haven't renamed genre name it after i got into it  Rofl

Still get frequent PM's, from member using latest Leia complaining why on the Actress PNG resource addon the french actresses and all other with special letters get not matched. Because of this... also makes no difference if compiled or not compiled...
So i guess the problem is there since the early ages of kodi resources up to now. Reported this several times but i think they didn't believe me.
Time has passed since then, maybe @ronie got deeper investigating into this getting a possible fix for upcoming final matrix release.
But cause this is existing since a very long time i fear this is a deeper core issue.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Peekstra - 2020-02-08

(2020-02-07, 20:03)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2020-02-07, 18:21)Peekstra Wrote: <snip>

Thanks! That fixed the problem  Blush

Also thank you Bart for your solution, I first tried Darren Hills solution. I guess that's something to add to the defaults/initialisation process.

Finally, I also noticed that the script.artwork.beef addon doesn't download with installing so I installed the dev's repo as well. Finally: the script.embuary.info won't install from the dependencies page; but shouldn't it be available from the default Kodi repo?

thanks!