Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-08

(2020-02-08, 11:13)Peekstra Wrote:
(2020-02-07, 20:03)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2020-02-07, 18:21)Peekstra Wrote: <snip>

So is there anything else what I can try to get it to work? Thanks!

Go to the Amber settings screen, then on the media views menu item select the top one (set default view) and choose something. Then things should work again.

I've hit this one as well - nothing shows as there's no choice made as to what option to use. 

Thanks! That fixed the problem  Blush

Also thank you Bart for your solution, I first tried Darren Hills solution. I guess that's something to add to the defaults/initialisation process.

Finally, I also noticed that the script.artwork.beef addon doesn't download with installing so I installed the dev's repo as well. Finally: the script.emuary.info won't install from the dependencies page; but shouldn't it be available from the default Kodi repo?

thanks!

@Peekstra, I am glad you were able to sort it out. I need to fix that issue with default view. Was your install of Amber a new install or an update? If it was an update, had you disabled any views before you updated?

Artwork Beef is not in the Kodi repo as far as I know, so you always have to install the devs repo. As for script.embuary.info, it should install from the dependencies page, as it is in the Kodi repo. I will check that also.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - DarrenHill - 2020-02-08

Details for Artwork Beef are here in its thread. As @bsoriano says, it's not in the official repo and needs to be installed from RMRector's repo (details in the first post of the linked thread). All its dependencies etc are either in that repo or the official one.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Peekstra - 2020-02-08

(2020-02-08, 13:59)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-02-08, 11:13)Peekstra Wrote:
(2020-02-07, 20:03)DarrenHill Wrote:  

@Peekstra, I am glad you were able to sort it out. I need to fix that issue with default view. Was your install of Amber a new install or an update? If it was an update, had you disabled any views before you updated?

Artwork Beef is not in the Kodi repo as far as I know, so you always have to install the devs repo. As for script.embuary.info, it should install from the dependencies page, as it is in the Kodi repo. I will check that also.

Regards,

Bart    
Hi Bart, it was a new install, and I could reproduce the problem when I removed the skin and all of its settings. I still don't understand why it only happened on just one of my 3 machines... The only thing different was that the problematic install was on an OSMC device which I had completely re-installed a couple of days ago. The other OSMC box and the Windows PC installs were much "older".

I'll have a look at the logs later to see if it mentions anything when I try to install the script.embuary.info dependency.

EDIT: it doesn't show up in the logs...

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - newbii - 2020-02-08

(2020-02-07, 22:24)bsoriano Wrote: Did you create some sort of template? What did you use to make them? If you could let me know and walk me through the process I would really appreciate it, since it means I could in the future create/update the icons for the skin. 
Glad you liked the icons. Those "templates" are basically just a couple of layered images. I guess most image editors capable of layers will do the job. Since most badges of a category (like video codecs) share a common background and maybe some icon (like a speaker or movie strip icon) there's usually only one template for each category. I've tried to make it look consistent by using the same/similar fonts with all icons.
I've put together the templates I have created and will send you the download link via PM (which I hear is now working for me Smile thanks btw).
Hope you'll find them useful.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-02-09

@bsoriano - Hi Bart,

The fanart is working since I followed your instructions. That was dumb of me for not turning that option on before I posted. Anyway, I don't know if this is a skin issue, but I have noticed that if I use AB: Select Artwork (manual) and the Poster for example gets downloaded, it actually does not change, even if I exit (in my case Wall View) then go back in. However, I don't seem to have this issue with Aeon MQ7 or Aeon Nox SilVo. It always changes, and it also changes in the Widget as well. If I reboot, then it obviously shows the newly downloaded artwork.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-10

(2020-02-08, 16:38)newbii Wrote:
(2020-02-07, 22:24)bsoriano Wrote: Did you create some sort of template? What did you use to make them? If you could let me know and walk me through the process I would really appreciate it, since it means I could in the future create/update the icons for the skin. 
Glad you liked the icons. Those "templates" are basically just a couple of layered images. I guess most image editors capable of layers will do the job. Since most badges of a category (like video codecs) share a common background and maybe some icon (like a speaker or movie strip icon) there's usually only one template for each category. I've tried to make it look consistent by using the same/similar fonts with all icons.
I've put together the templates I have created and will send you the download link via PM (which I hear is now working for me Smile thanks btw).
Hope you'll find them useful.  
@newbii , thanks again! Could you please send me the link again? Thanks. I was not able to get ot it this past weekend and it expired.  And it's @DarrenHill you need to thank for getting the PMs working right away for you Smile.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @newbii, I got your updated link and the files, thank you! Smile

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-10

(2020-02-09, 00:13)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi Bart,

The fanart is working since I followed your instructions. That was dumb of me for not turning that option on before I posted. Anyway, I don't know if this is a skin issue, but I have noticed that if I use AB: Select Artwork (manual) and the Poster for example gets downloaded, it actually does not change, even if I exit (in my case Wall View) then go back in. However, I don't seem to have this issue with Aeon MQ7 or Aeon Nox SilVo. It always changes, and it also changes in the Widget as well. If I reboot, then it obviously shows the newly downloaded artwork.

Regards,

Shedrock

@shedrock , thanks for confirming, and no worries! I will look into the art issue not changing after it's downloaded from Artwork Beef, since I do not think I am doing anything different with the art in Amber.  Thanks for bringing this up to my attention.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-02-11

(2020-02-10, 17:27)bsoriano Wrote: Thanks for bringing this up to my attention.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks Bart.

Shedrock

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - G0mez - 2020-02-14

I just updated amber skin from github and now I have issue with sidepanel.
Using nvidia shield tv with kodi 18.5

So, everytime I open sidepanel where u can choose view mode and misc options I have to go back to power options and reload skin. Problem is sidepanel doesn't close. Lets say for example; I go to movies tab, open sidepanel to change view type, sidepanel gets stucked and can't close it. I press back button to get to main page. Now if I go back to Movies tab, sidepanel is still active but invisible. Noticed it is related to interface language settings. With some languages, like english or estonia it works as should, but not with swedish or finnish atleast.

And now for suggestions.

Setup shelf to Music tab with 'recently played album'. When pressing action key it starts to play first track of that album. Prolly would be better if pressing action key it would open view to see all tracks on album and add 'play' option to context menu.

Accessing player from main page would be nice feature aswell.

When browsing on shelf, pressing back button would take u back to first object on that list, like how it works on default skin. Noticed that back button opens up player in fullscreen but can't exit from it without stopping the music (known issue with controllers). So if start button would open player instead?

Hope I managed to explain these issues enough clearly. Anyway think Amber skin is great! Keep up the good work Smile

(2020-02-07, 18:21)Peekstra Wrote: I ran into a problem installing this skin on one of my systems the "content" menu's remain "blank". For example, when I enter the Movies menu no data is shown (no text no pictures just a dark grey box on the left). This doesn't happen for all the menu's as the settings menu works fine.

Trying to fix this I already re-installed the skin (remove settings) and inspected the logs for anything different to the other Kodi system. Next I checked all the dependencies but they're all installed according to the skin and the skin is running the latest version from the repo.

Had same issue. Changing skin to estuary and back to amber fixed it for me

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-14

(2020-02-14, 15:49)G0mez Wrote: I just updated amber skin from github and now I have issue with sidepanel.
Using nvidia shield tv with kodi 18.5

So, everytime I open sidepanel where u can choose view mode and misc options I have to go back to power options and reload skin. Problem is sidepanel doesn't close. Lets say for example; I go to movies tab, open sidepanel to change view type, sidepanel gets stucked and can't close it. I press back button to get to main page. Now if I go back to Movies tab, sidepanel is still active but invisible. Noticed it is related to interface language settings. With some languages, like english or estonia it works as should, but not with swedish or finnish atleast.

And now for suggestions.

Setup shelf to Music tab with 'recently played album'. When pressing action key it starts to play first track of that album. Prolly would be better if pressing action key it would open view to see all tracks on album and add 'play' option to context menu.

Accessing player from main page would be nice feature aswell.

When browsing on shelf, pressing back button would take u back to first object on that list, like how it works on default skin. Noticed that back button opens up player in fullscreen but can't exit from it without stopping the music (known issue with controllers). So if start button would open player instead?

Hope I managed to explain these issues enough clearly. Anyway think Amber skin is great! Keep up the good work Smile
@G0mez , thanks for your feedback!

I have not seen that issue with the side panel, I will test with other interface languages and see if I can reproduce that.

In terms of your suggestions:

1. When you say action key, you mean the equivalent of Enter in a regular keyboard? Also, do you have script.playalbum installed? If so, that is the reason why an album plays right away from the shelf.

2. What do you mean by accessing player from home window? Are there other skins where you have seen this work like you would like? If so, could you please let me know which, so I can take a look at how it is done? Thanks.

3. Pressing back button from the shelf should take you to main menu again, but if you have something playing, Kodi goes back to the full player window.  I need to figure out how to change this behavior.

Again, thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-14

(2020-02-14, 16:06)G0mez Wrote:
(2020-02-07, 18:21)Peekstra Wrote: I ran into a problem installing this skin on one of my systems the "content" menu's remain "blank". For example, when I enter the Movies menu no data is shown (no text no pictures just a dark grey box on the left). This doesn't happen for all the menu's as the settings menu works fine.

Trying to fix this I already re-installed the skin (remove settings) and inspected the logs for anything different to the other Kodi system. Next I checked all the dependencies but they're all installed according to the skin and the skin is running the latest version from the repo.

Had same issue. Changing skin to estuary and back to amber fixed it for me 

@G0mez, thanks for letting me know you experienced this as well.  In your case, was it a new Amber install or an update? If an update, did you update from the Amber repo or from GitHub? If GitHub, did you use the Leia branch? And finally, and this is important for me to figure out the best solution to the issue, if you updated Amber instead of a new install, had you disabled any views in the skin settings before? Please let me know so I can better fix this issue.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

1. Yeah ment enter as action key.
Seems like I had script.playalbum enabled. Disabled it and now it's fine, though play option on context menu still would be nice. Have only 'information' option and can't play full album from there.

2. Sorry my bad, remember incorrectly. On estuary u can go to fullscreen player from top of the main page. Estuary used to have miniplayer when pressed start button (if i remember correctly) but can't turn it on anymore, dunno why. It was pretty good as fullscreen player aint working correctly with controller. On estuary u can stop, pause and play next from sidepanel. That would be nice on amber aswell.

I updated amber. Think I used first link on page 1 on this forum. Tried to update from github first some 723mb master zip but it failed. And no, didn't reset any views. When updated and managed to fix blank menu item issue, have had to setup views again. And with sidepanel issue have had to reset skin many times from power menu Tongue

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - beatmasterrs - 2020-02-15

The issues of @G0mez i can confirm. Without setting the default view, e.g. for a new installation, no fallback will work.  Confused I've installed latest leia branch and deleted old amber userdata folder before new installation.

There is no way to close the side menu, except on music view, tall list. Only on this view enabled, the side menu ca be closed.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-15

(2020-02-15, 12:35)beatmasterrs Wrote: The issues of @G0mez i can confirm. Without setting the default view, e.g. for a new installation, no fallback will work.  Confused I've installed latest leia branch and deleted old amber userdata folder before new installation.

There is no way to close the side menu, except on music view, tall list. Only on this view enabled, the side menu ca be closed.
@beatmasterrs , thank you for reporting this as well.  I was able to reproduce and fix.

Regards,

Bart