Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-15

Hello all,

I have pushed to GitHub the fix for the default views issue in skin new installs/updates that had been reported by several users.  The latest version in GitHub is now 3.2.44.

I would appreciate if you all could please download, test, and let me know if indeed the issue is fixed (@DarrenHill, @Peekstra, @G0mez, @beatmasterrs ).  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - beatmasterrs - 2020-02-15

(2020-02-15, 22:54)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

I have pushed to GitHub the fix for the default views issue in skin new installs/updates that had been reported by several users.  The latest version in GitHub is now 3.2.44.

I would appreciate if you all could please download, test, and let me know if indeed the issue is fixed (@DarrenHill, @Peekstra, @G0mez, @beatmasterrs ).  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

The issue with default viewtype is fixed for me, thanks a lot Smile

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Peekstra - 2020-02-16

Regards,

Bart

I must be overlooking because I couldn't find this version on github?

And I noticed something else: the artistslideshow plugin doesn't show any artist pictures when streaming internet radio. The station in question uses tagging and the lyrics plugin works. So is it the skins job to invoke the plugin with the correct parameters?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - G0mez - 2020-02-16

Can't find it neither

(2020-02-16, 12:06)G0mez Wrote: Can't find it neither

Ah there it was hiding. Okay installed update and atleast 1 issue got fixed. Sidepanel still gets stucked though and to close it need to go back to main menu. No need to reload skin anymore from power menu.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-16

(2020-02-16, 11:18)Peekstra Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

And something else what I noticed, the artistslideshow plugin doesn't show any artist pictures when streaming internet radio. The station in question uses tagging and the lyrics plugin works. So is it the skins job to invoke the plugin with the correct parameters?

@Peekstra, the Leia branch in the skin’s GitHub (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber) is version 3.2.44. As for artist slideshow, I am using it as per the author’s instructions. Does it work like you expect in another skin? What internet radio addon are you using? Please let me know so I can do some testing. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-02-16, 12:50)G0mez Wrote:
(2020-02-16, 12:06)G0mez Wrote: Can't find it neither

Ah there it was hiding. Okay installed update and atleast 1 issue got fixed. Sidepanel still gets stucked though and to close it need to go back to main menu. No need to reload skin anymore from power menu.

@G0mez, you mentioned earlier that it seemed to have to do something with the interface language. What language are you using? Also, does it happen every time you use the side panel, no matter what media are you browsing? Does it happen when browsing Addons? Or when in the PVR section? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-02-15, 23:05)beatmasterrs Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

The issue with default viewtype is fixed for me, thanks a lot Smile

@beatmasterrs, thanks for confirming.

Regards,

Bart

Im using finnish language. PVR and main page sidepanel works without issues. Everything else gets stucked. Noticed that if i go to, lets say 'Movies' and open sidepanel, i need to go back to main page and then, when I open 'Movies' tab again I see sidepanel closing by itself.

(2020-02-16, 14:38)G0mez Wrote: Im using finnish language. PVR and main page sidepanel works without issues. Everything else gets stucked. Noticed that if i go to, lets say 'Movies' and open sidepanel, i need to go back to main page and then, when I open 'Movies' tab again I see sidepanel closing by itself.

@G0mez, thanks for the info. Did you select a default view in the skin settings? If so, which?

Regards,

Bart

Yes I chose 'big panel'. Disabled it, restarted kodi but still no effort. Though, just noticed that only viewtype that doesnt give issues is 'tall list'. It let sidepanel close as should

(2020-02-16, 14:13)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-02-16, 11:18)Peekstra Wrote:

Regards,

Bart

And something else what I noticed, the artistslideshow plugin doesn't show any artist pictures when streaming internet radio. The station in question uses tagging and the lyrics plugin works. So is it the skins job to invoke the plugin with the correct parameters?  

@Peekstra, the Leia branch in the skin’s GitHub (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber) is version 3.2.44. As for artist slideshow, I am using it as per the author’s instructions. Does it work like you expect in another skin? What internet radio addon are you using? Please let me know so I can do some testing. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  
Oops, I can't understand how I overlooked that download. I removed the previous install (and settings) and installed the new version (install from zip). The menu's show up just fine this time so it seems to be fixed!

Regarding the slideshow, I already tried the Kodi default skin but that also isn't working... however I remember this feature to be working. I think that was with Xonfluence and the 2.15 version.

To get this station to work I placed a strm file in the playlist folder with just the URL ( http://stream.radioparadise.com/aac-128 )

It would be nice to see this working again. And maybe it's related why I also don't get to see any pictures when I play music from a playlist ( all properly tagged files ).

thanks!

EDIT: one thing which I forgot to add: when I start playing the artistslideshow plugin show downloading images but it always ends with 0 found.

Just a cosmetic thing that I noticed now that I added an USB stick to my device: The option to safely remove it is listed two times in the context menu under the video - files.

Hello all,

I pushed to GitHub version 3.2.45.  The main change is the fix for the sideblade issue with languages other than English.  @G0mez , I would appreciate if you could please download, test and let me know if the issue is indeed fixed.

The other important changes in this version are:

1. New media flag icons, thanks to @newbii.  They should look almost identical to the previous ones, but these have no pixel noise.

2. Audio and Subtitle info in all media views.  You have to enable this in Settings, Amber Settings, Media Views: Show Audio and Subtitle Info.  The info is not shown in Fanart view if you have the alphabet strip enabled.  This is a change that touched all of the views, and there still might be some bugs to iron out.  Please test thoroughly and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Thanks for testing and your continued support and use of Amber.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-02-16, 14:38)G0mez Wrote: Im using finnish language. PVR and main page sidepanel works without issues. Everything else gets stucked. Noticed that if i go to, lets say 'Movies' and open sidepanel, i need to go back to main page and then, when I open 'Movies' tab again I see sidepanel closing by itself.
@G0mez , please test the latest from Git.  I was able to reproduce and fix the issue.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart