Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-18

(2020-02-07, 21:18)newbii Wrote:
(2020-02-07, 01:18)bsoriano Wrote: @newbii , unfortunately I have no idea about the font used in the icons, and I do not have a .psd or template that I could use to recreate them.  Are you skilled with graphics tools? If so, would you be willing to try and create a new set of icons for AMber that resemble the current ones?
Took me long enough but I managed to create some icons that resemble the old ones, only without the pixel noise. In the end I used some of Avenir LT fonts (35 Light, 45 Book and 55 Roman). The icons are flat 2D, no fake shadow or anything fancy like that. They look good to me though - and even if I tried I couldn't come up with anything better anyway. I've send you the link via PM. Hope you like them. Looking forward to the changes you announced. 
@newbii, the latest version in GitHub already has the audio and subtitle info in all of the media views.  You need to enable this in skin settings (in the Media Views section).  Please doenload, test, and let me know if this is what you had in mind.

The audio info and subtitles info are each its own VAR, you will find them in Includes_variables.xml.  That way you can modify them to suit the conditions you mentioned before.

On another note, would you be so kind as to redo the channels6.png icon? It says 6.1, but it should be 5.1.  I need to reconfigure my test machine where I have Adobe Photoshop, so I thought it would be perhaps quicker for you to redo just that one.  Please let me know if you would be able to do it.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-18

(2020-02-18, 21:47)Draega Wrote: Hi Bart.
Updated from Git yesterday and it is now showing 5.1 audio as 6.1.
Thanks.
@Draega , thanks for pointing this out.  I need to replace the icon.  I will do so in the next couple of days.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Grinario - 2020-02-18

Hello Bart,

i said, i love the shelves and there are some more options possible. this requieres two options in shelf configuration.

with kind regards Grinario

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Grinario - 2020-02-18

Hello Bart, 

you have integrated the option for show audio and subtitle info. can you add a option to choose for show the movie info (story) for hide this. when we open the movie information, the story can read. 
with them you can make the cover bigger.
if you will do this, make this not only in media views. the media view have not much lines and this is nice to present this skin for freiends, but not good for looking for a movie with so a small list.

if you open for a new view, we need a view compare the media views with tall list.

when kodi is updating there is on top a field with the information update libary or welcome etc. is it possible to make a option for deaktivate this?

to the EPG: you don´t know how you can insert the channel groups in the sub menu. Why are the channel groups in the EPG view? You can choose the channel groups in the side menü.  

kind regars

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Grinario - 2020-02-19

I have a idea.......

is it possible in the TV channel view or in the EPG view show the live TV instead the logo? when i switch through the channels in the field with the channel logo we can see the tv stream?

Or is it possible to realisaze a dual window to show two channels together? then we can select in context menu play window 1, for the second channel play window 2. I Know this i complitated, but i will think about next time. And i will show you how i mean this.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-19

(2020-02-18, 23:17)Grinario Wrote: Hello Bart,

i said, i love the shelves and there are some more options possible. this requieres two options in shelf configuration.

with kind regards Grinario

@Grinario,

I understand your request, and I will see if I can do this. From your screenshots it looks like you are using an addon for your shelves. Addon art type is square by default for the shelves with a text box below the art. For library items like movies or tv shows, the poster is larger by default and has no text underneath.

Changing things in the shelves can be complicated at times for me, so I am not making any promises that I will be able to add the options you are requesting. I will look into it, for sure.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-02-18, 23:29)Grinario Wrote: Hello Bart, 

you have integrated the option for show audio and subtitle info. can you add a option to choose for show the movie info (story) for hide this. when we open the movie information, the story can read. 
if you will do this, make this not only in media views. the media view have not much lines and this is nice to present this skin for freiends, but not good for looking for a movie with so a small list.

if you open for a new view, we need a view compare the media views with tall list.

when kodi is updating there is on top a field with the information update libary or welcome etc. is it possible to make a option for deaktivate this?

to the EPG: you don´t know how you can insert the channel groups in the sub menu. Why are the channel groups in the EPG view? You can choose the channel groups in the side menü.  

kind regars

@Grinario, I apologize, but I am not quite understanding what you are asking. Could you show me with screenshots what you mean?

As for the Kodi notifications, do you mean the one that shows up when your library is updating? If so, you can turn off that notification in Kodi settings, in the Media Settings if I am not mistaken.

Finally, for the channel groups, I apologize, I just have not had time to create an option to either include them or not in the EPG. I will get to it in time. For what it is worth, I like having them in the EPG.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-02-19, 00:07)Grinario Wrote: I have a idea.......

is it possible in the TV channel view or in the EPG view show the live TV instead the logo? when i switch through the channels in the field with the channel logo we can see the tv stream?

Or is it possible to realisaze a dual window to show two channels together? then we can select in context menu play window 1, for the second channel play window 2. I Know this i complitated, but i will think about next time. And i will show you how i mean this.

@Grinario, those are great ideas, thank you. I don’t know whether they are possible or not. As far as I know, you can only play one live tv channel at a time. Anyway, I will investigate.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - timmins - 2020-02-19

Has anybody else reported that their Kodi locking up just when a video finishes using Amber. Mostly on YouTube videos that are short. I have to force close kodi to get control. I have started using another skin to see if its a skin thing or not. I haven't had tiem to see where the problem is just started yesterday. I just updated Amber a few days ago.

(2020-02-19, 02:48)timmins Wrote: Has anybody else reported that their Kodi locking up just when a video finishes using Amber. Mostly on YouTube videos that are short. I have to force close kodi to get control. I have started using another skin to see if its a skin thing or not. I haven't had tiem to see where the problem is just started yesterday. I just updated Amber a few days ago.

@timmins, I have not noticed that. Would you please test using the same steps both in Amber and Estuary? And then let me know the exact steps you took? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - G0mez - 2020-02-20

Hi again!

Amber skin that can be installed from kodi repo had small 'popup list' on video player when choosing subtitle options. After updated amber from github, subtitle options opens up big window. Think that small list was much better then big popup window that blocks the whole screen. Was wondering if there is an option to change it back to small from settings?

Using kodi 18.5 on shield tv

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-20

(2020-02-20, 15:02)G0mez Wrote: Hi again!

Amber skin that can be installed from kodi repo had small 'popup list' on video player when choosing subtitle options. After updated amber from github, subtitle options opens up big window. Think that small list was much better then big popup window that blocks the whole screen. Was wondering if there is an option to change it back to small from settings?

Using kodi 18.5 on shield tv
@G0mez , as of now, there is no option to change it back.  The small popup did not have the option to browse for a local subtitle, and there was not way to add it.  I understand your point, however, and I will add to my to-do to provide the option of either a small popup or the subtitle settings window.  It will take a while, so bear with me.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - timmins - 2020-02-20

Under TV Shows I have "Recently Added TV Shows" top row and "In Progress Episodes" for the bottom row. On the top row if I right click I get all the different choices eg. Play, Information etc . But if I do the same for the bottom row I get nothing, no response. Is this suppose to be like this. For my movies, both rows work when I right click them. 

If it suppose to work by right clicking how do I fix this.

Thanks

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-02-20

(2020-02-20, 20:52)timmins Wrote: Under TV Shows I have "Recently Added TV Shows" top row and "In Progress Episodes" for the bottom row. On the top row if I right click I get all the different choices eg. Play, Information etc . But if I do the same for the bottom row I get nothing, no response. Is this suppose to be like this. For my movies, both rows work when I right click them. 

If it suppose to work by right clicking how do I fix this.

Thanks
@timmins, what shelf did you use for "In Progress Episodes"? One from an addon, or the one from "Default Shelves", "Episodes", "In Progress Episodes"?  If you use the one from the default shelves (it is an episodes smart playlist), you get all of the different choices.  Perhaps you mean "Recommended Episodes"? If so, that one comes from service.skin.widgets, and yes, right-clicking in those does not provide a response.  That is not something I can change.  My recommendation if you would like to get a shelf with your In Progress Episodes is to use the one from "Default Shelves", "Episodes", "In Progress Episodes".

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Grinario - 2020-02-22

(2020-02-19, 01:40)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-02-18, 23:29)Grinario Wrote: Hello Bart, 

kind regars

@Grinario, I apologize, but I am not quite understanding what you are asking. Could you show me with screenshots what you mean?

As for the Kodi notifications, do you mean the one that shows up when your library is updating? If so, you can turn off that notification in Kodi settings, in the Media Settings if I am not mistaken.

Finally, for the channel groups, I apologize, I just have not had time to create an option to either include them or not in the EPG. I will get to it in time. For what it is worth, I like having them in the EPG.

Regards,

Bart 

Hello Bart,

i think for hide the movie information. The Movie information can be readed when we go in the movie single view.

Thank you for your help. you are right. the notification can deactivatet in the kodi setting. I was blind and don´t see this option anytime :-)