Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-03-15

(2020-03-14, 20:26)shedrock Wrote: @bsoriano - Hi again Bart,

I did a fresh install and it still doesn't work for me. I am using the TMDB helper as a widget for episodes airing today, and I am also using on another shelf embuary info - next aired: today and as you can see from my screenshot it is giving me an error on the Embuary addon.

The TV Series has the same name as it does on trakt. It is called "Casualty".

Here is my partial error log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/ehagurecos.kodi

Shedrock
@shedrock , I do not know what is going on with tmdb helper next aired.  With embuary info, the errors you were seeing in the log were due to problems that thetvdb was having with their API yesterday.  SUpposedly, they are fixed already.  I tried today and I am getting results with embuary info.

By the way, the versions I am using are:

plugin.video.themoviedb.helper:  2.2.81
script.embuary.info: 1.2.5

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2020-03-15

(2020-03-15, 15:42)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-03-15, 13:00)Cyberdom Wrote: @bsoriano, I just updated Amber 3.2.46 from the Amber repository.
I haven't tested everything yet, but great work.

I noticed that when I display the information window for a film or TV show and click on the play button, nothing happens. The video does not start.
@Cyberdom , all of your media comes from PKC, correct? Or are you trying to play local files? I ask because I cannot reproduce the issue with local files.  Please let me know and I will try to test with PKC.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  
@bsoriano, I do not use Plex Kodi Connect. The files are on my NAS connected on my local network.

When I open a video directly in the media view without going through the information window, it works fine.

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - shedrock - 2020-03-15

(2020-03-15, 15:45)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , I do not know what is going on with tmdb helper next aired.  With embuary info, the errors you were seeing in the log were due to problems that thetvdb was having with their API yesterday.  SUpposedly, they are fixed already.  I tried today and I am getting results with embuary info.

Regards,

Bart 
Sorry Bart. Maybe I did not post the correct errors, but as you can see from my attached image, there is in fact an error message with Embuary Info. I also have noticed that Embuary Info is indeed working, which tells me that ALL these addons are still dependent on TheTVDB, one way or the other. Anyway, the info that Embuary is spitting out is not 100% accurate. For instance, it is telling me that the following episodes are airing today, but sonarr of course is always accurate, because it monitors my tv shows. Checkout the images below to see what I am referring to.

ImageImage

Regards,

Shedrock

(2020-03-15, 15:59)shedrock Wrote:
(2020-03-15, 15:45)bsoriano Wrote: @shedrock , I do not know what is going on with tmdb helper next aired.  With embuary info, the errors you were seeing in the log were due to problems that thetvdb was having with their API yesterday.  SUpposedly, they are fixed already.  I tried today and I am getting results with embuary info.

Regards,

Bart 
Sorry Bart. Maybe I did not post the correct errors, but as you can see from my attached image, there is in fact an error message with Embuary Info. I also have noticed that Embuary Info is indeed working, which tells me that ALL these addons are still dependent on TheTVDB, one way or the other. Anyway, the info that Embuary is spitting out is not 100% accurate. For instance, it is telling me that the following episodes are airing today, but sonarr of course is always accurate, because it monitors my tv shows. Checkout the images below to see what I am referring to.

ImageImage

Regards,

Shedrock 
@shedrock, yes, I can see that the info is not correct.  There is nothing I can do from the skin side, please post this in the addon forum for embuary info.  I know that for Outlander, I get the same issue as you.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-03-15, 15:50)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-03-15, 15:42)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-03-15, 13:00)Cyberdom Wrote: @bsoriano, I just updated Amber 3.2.46 from the Amber repository.
I haven't tested everything yet, but great work.

I noticed that when I display the information window for a film or TV show and click on the play button, nothing happens. The video does not start.
@Cyberdom , all of your media comes from PKC, correct? Or are you trying to play local files? I ask because I cannot reproduce the issue with local files.  Please let me know and I will try to test with PKC.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart    
@bsoriano, I do not use Plex Kodi Connect. The files are on my NAS connected on my local network.

When I open a video directly in the media view without going through the information window, it works fine.  
@Cyberdom , my apologies, I thought you used PKC.  I am not able to reproduce this issue, and all my files are also on my NAS connected to my local network.  I tested under Windows 10 using Kodi 18.6.  Episodes and movies play fine in my setup using the Play button in the video info dialog.

Were you tying to play movies or episodes that were in-progress, and were you hitting info from a shelf or from a media view? I am seeing an issue when trying to resume an episode from the info dialog if I press Info from a shelf.  I am looking into that issue at this moment.

EDIT: @Cyberdom, the issue I was seeing only applies to skin.helper.service.widgets, which do not set a filenameandpath property for the shelf items.  If what you are seeing is with shelves from that addon, please use others, since I cannot fix that from the skin side.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

I am using Kodi 18.6 on my Nvidia Shield TV.

I use the media view more often to launch a video.

Is this play function from the play button in the information window linked to Embuary Helper ? Should we have a special version or the one available on the Kodi repository is enough ?

(2020-03-15, 16:33)Cyberdom Wrote: I am using Kodi 18.6 on my Nvidia Shield TV.

I use the media view more often to launch a video.

Is this play function from the play button in the information window linked to Embuary Helper ? Should we have a special version or the one available on the Kodi repository is enough ?

@Cyberdom, the play button uses tmdb helper if you have that addon installed, or Embuary helper for TV shows and episodes if you have that installed. If you have neither of those addons installed, it uses regular Kodi functionality.

Tmdb helper needs to be a very recent one, so if you have that from the Kodi repo, then you need to download the latest version from jurialmunkey's Github or his repo. This is because the version in the Kodi repo does not have the functionality that I am using in Amber.

In the case of Embuary helper, the version from the Kodi repo should be fine.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks for the details.

The weird thing is that the other buttons in the information window like "Collections" or "Extras" work.

(2020-03-15, 18:06)Cyberdom Wrote: Thanks for the details.

The weird thing is that the other buttons in the information window like "Collections" or "Extras" work.

@Cyberdom, only the Play/Resume/Browse is tied to those addons. You can try uninstalling tmdb helper and Embuary helper and then testing again, or at least try uninstalling tmdb helper and testing again.

Can you please let me know if you have either or both of those addons installed?

Please let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-03-15, 18:24)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-03-15, 18:06)Cyberdom Wrote: hanks for the details.

@Cyberdom, only the Play/Resume/Browse is tied to those addons. You can try uninstalling tmdb helper and Embuary helper and then testing again, or at least try uninstalling tmdb helper and testing again.

Can you please let me know if you have either or both of those addons installed?

Regards,

Bart              
Thanks, I'll watch this.

I noticed other things :

- Is it possible to choose a color for the text of the elements (Add-on, Videos, Movies, TV Shows, Music, TV, Radio, Weather, Settings, Power) different from that of the text in the settings ?
Because this color for the text of the elements is too light :
But it is good for the parameters :

- Is it possible to choose a background color different from that for the highlight text for the shelf / widget for recording schedules at the top right ?
Background color for highlight text :
With the new version of Amber this background color takes on the color of the highlight text and it is too light. It would be nice to be able to put a dark background as before :

- In the TV guide, the channel logos display correctly :

But in the information window of a TV program, the logo does not appear :
With Estuary, the logo is displayed correctly :

- In the TV recordings window at the bottom left, the text displaying the occupied space / the available space overlaps the text of the genre of the recording :

- The skins logos are not displayed in the choice of skins :

(2020-03-15, 19:38)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-03-15, 18:06)Cyberdom Wrote: hanks for the details.

Regards,

Bart               
Thanks, I'll watch this.

I noticed other things :

- Is it possible to choose a color for the text of the elements (Add-on, Videos, Movies, TV Shows, Music, TV, Radio, Weather, Settings, Power) different from that of the text in the settings ?
Because this color for the text of the elements is too light :
But it is good for the parameters :

- Is it possible to choose a background color different from that for the highlight text for the shelf / widget for recording schedules at the top right ?
Background color for highlight text :
With the new version of Amber this background color takes on the color of the highlight text and it is too light. It would be nice to be able to put a dark background as before :

- In the TV guide, the channel logos display correctly :

But in the information window of a TV program, the logo does not appear :
With Estuary, the logo is displayed correctly :

- In the TV recordings window at the bottom left, the text displaying the occupied space / the available space overlaps the text of the genre of the recording :

- The skins logos are not displayed in the choice of skins :
@Cyberdom , thanks for the additional feedback.  You can change the color of the text, and the color of the highlight, and the color of the background of the shelves and panels throughout the skin.  Just go to Settings, Amber Settings, Colors.  There you will be able to change the colors.

I will check what's going on with the background of the recording widget, the logos in program info, the text in recordings and the logos in the select dialog.  Thanks for reporting those issues.

Regards,

Bart

Thank you @bsoriano.
(2020-03-15, 22:23)bsoriano Wrote: You can change the color of the text, and the color of the highlight, and the color of the background of the shelves and panels throughout the skin.  Just go to Settings, Amber Settings, Colors.  There you will be able to change the colors.
Yes I know. But I would like to know if it is possible to add a possibility to regulate apart the color of the text of the elements ?
I would like the text color of the elements to be different from the text in the settings.

Regards,

Bart    
Here are the versions I have :
TheMovieDb Helper : 2.0.18
Embuary Helper : 1.4.4

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-03-16

(2020-03-15, 22:59)Cyberdom Wrote: Thank you @bsoriano.
(2020-03-15, 22:23)bsoriano Wrote: You can change the color of the text, and the color of the highlight, and the color of the background of the shelves and panels throughout the skin.  Just go to Settings, Amber Settings, Colors.  There you will be able to change the colors.
Yes I know. But I would like to know if it is possible to add a possibility to regulate apart the color of the text of the elements ?
I would like the text color of the elements to be different from the text in the settings.

Regards,

Bart     
Here are the versions I have :
TheMovieDb Helper : 2.0.18
Embuary Helper : 1.4.4 
@Cyberdom , the first one, it is not possible at this time.  If I understand correctly, you want to change the color of the text of just the menu items? Please confirm.  Thanks.

You need version 2.2.x of tmdb helper.  Please get that from jurialmunkey's GitHub (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper), since the newer versions are not in the Kodi repo yet.  If you want, you can also install jurialmunkey's repo (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/repository.jurialmunkey) and that will keep tmdb helper updated.  Thanks.

Also, I think I fixed the other issues you reported.  Please download the latest from Git, test, and let me know how it went.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Cyberdom - 2020-03-16

(2020-03-16, 00:23)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom , the first one, it is not possible at this time.  If I understand correctly, you want to change the color of the text of just the menu items? Please confirm.  Thanks.
Yes, this is what I would like.
(2020-03-16, 00:23)bsoriano Wrote: You need version 2.2.x of tmdb helper.  Please get that from jurialmunkey's GitHub (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper), since the newer versions are not in the Kodi repo yet.  If you want, you can also install jurialmunkey's repo (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/repository.jurialmunkey) and that will keep tmdb helper updated.  Thanks.
Thanks for the precision.
(2020-03-16, 00:23)bsoriano Wrote: Also, I think I fixed the other issues you reported.  Please download the latest from Git, test, and let me know how it went.  Thanks.
Thank you but I don't use versions from Git. I prefer to use the repository versions of Amber or Kodi.
Do you have an idea when this new version will be available on Amber repository ?

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-03-16

(2020-03-16, 00:35)Cyberdom Wrote:
(2020-03-16, 00:23)bsoriano Wrote: @Cyberdom , the first one, it is not possible at this time.  If I understand correctly, you want to change the color of the text of just the menu items? Please confirm.  Thanks.
Yes, this is what I would like.
(2020-03-16, 00:23)bsoriano Wrote: You need version 2.2.x of tmdb helper.  Please get that from jurialmunkey's GitHub (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper), since the newer versions are not in the Kodi repo yet.  If you want, you can also install jurialmunkey's repo (https://github.com/jurialmunkey/repository.jurialmunkey) and that will keep tmdb helper updated.  Thanks.
Thanks for the precision.
(2020-03-16, 00:23)bsoriano Wrote: Also, I think I fixed the other issues you reported.  Please download the latest from Git, test, and let me know how it went.  Thanks.
Thank you but I don't use versions from Git. I prefer to use the repository versions of Amber or Kodi.
Do you have an idea when this new version will be available on Amber repository ?  
@Cyberdom , I will push a new version to the Amber repo tomorrow.  I will update this post when I have done so.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @Cyberdom , I have just pushed a new version to the Amber repo.  Please update, test, and let me know.  Thanks.