Kodi Community Forum
Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Amber (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=203)
+---- Thread: Release Amber for Leia/Matrix/Nexus (/showthread.php?tid=342130)

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-04-10

(2020-04-10, 19:44)Raitsa Wrote: Using 3.2.5.8 but my main menu now scrolls "endless" like this.

Downgraded to 3.2.5.7 and also to the one thats in the Kodi repo but no help.

Back to 3.2.5.8 now and skin shortcuts buildss the main menu ok but stays endless.

@Raitsa, this happens when you have very few menu items (less than 7) and have enabled "Use Wraparound Navigation" in Amber Settings, Home Layout.  Set that to No and you will not have an "endless" menu anymore.  Or, if you have 7 or more menu items, this will not happen either.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Johnny1982fd - 2020-04-11

(2020-03-30, 18:46)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 12:14)Johnny1982fd Wrote: Hi @bsoriano 

i have make some screens with bugs/wishes/suggestions.

Please have a look here:

And finally i would appreciate if there are more color/font themes available Wink

PS: Where can i do a donate for you ?
@Johnny1982fd , thank you for your requests!  I will do my best to answer each:

1. Since I see you use the horizontal menu, whatever item you have as the third item in your menu will be the starting one. 
If you use the vertical menu:
  -- The fourth item will be the starting one
  -- The sixth if you use the static vertical menu. 
  -- You can choose to always start with the first item (Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, Start at First Item).

Please remember that you can change the order of your menu (Settings, AMber Settings, Home Layout, Customize Home Menu and Shelves)

2. The 3D flag exists in the skin; it shows if the media file is stereoscopic (I think this gets filled when the item is scraped).  

3.  The progress bars on system info should be of the same highlight color you have selected.  I will fix this.

4.  About the blue text not being very readable, the best solution would be to change the highlight color to a more readable one (Settings, Amber Settings, Color Options, Highlight Color).

5.  I will work on implementing an option to swap the list items and the info panel on the appropriate list views (List, Low List and Tall List). 

6.  About the icons list with info suggestion, have you tried the Panel view? I think it offers the functionality you are looking for.  You can make the posters smaller and you can use banners (for tv shows). The info is on the left, not the right.  I guess I could implement an option to swap like for the list views.  Please let me know if the Panel or Big Panel views satisfy your needs, or what do you think is missing from them (other than placement of items).  Thanks.

7.  The collection overlay is a good idea.  Now I need to find one that fits well with the skin.  I will look for one (@newbii , do you think you could make one? Smile Thanks).

8.  The skin has 5 font options, and I am not planning to add more.  It is a PITA (sorry for the expression) to ensure all parts of the skin are readable and look good with each font. 
In terms of colors, please look in Settings, Amber Settings, Color Options.  You can change the color of, in my opinion, all the relevant parts of the skin, so that you can make it truly unique to you.  Please let me know if there are issues with the color customization, or if you think there are other skin elements of which you would also like to change the color.  Thanks.

Finally, thank you for thinking of donation! Smile If you like, please donate to the XBMC Foundation (The Kodi team).  Without them, none of this would be possible.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Hey @bsoriano 

sorry for my late answer.

1.) It is OK for me and the current options. I guess, some users would appreciate it to fix another point at start.

2.) youre right Smile

3.) THX - now it looks better Wink

4.) No, cant agree with that. This can not be change! I try all options. In adition to that, in my populat netflix list are sometimes the same olor "bugs". Have a look at here:

https://imgur.com/a/UjWFqq4

5.) Thanks! I really appreciate it!

6.) Panel View looks good. But i really appreciate it if you implement a sawp option to switch left / right (i only like text on the right side Wink).

7.) You have implemented a Collection item (not final item as you said). But i´ll wait to your final version. What do you think ? Smile

8.) It is OK for me , i like your blue Smile

Glad to hear from you and best regards!

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-04-11

(2020-04-11, 18:21)Johnny1982fd Wrote:
(2020-03-30, 18:46)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-03-29, 12:14)Johnny1982fd Wrote: Hi @bsoriano 

i have make some screens with bugs/wishes/suggestions.

Please have a look here:

And finally i would appreciate if there are more color/font themes available Wink

PS: Where can i do a donate for you ?
@Johnny1982fd , thank you for your requests!  I will do my best to answer each:

1. Since I see you use the horizontal menu, whatever item you have as the third item in your menu will be the starting one. 
  -- You can choose to always start with the first item (Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, Start at First Item).

Please remember that you can change the order of your menu (Settings, AMber Settings, Home Layout, Customize Home Menu and Shelves)

2. The 3D flag exists in the skin; it shows if the media file is stereoscopic (I think this gets filled when the item is scraped).  

3.  The progress bars on system info should be of the same highlight color you have selected.  I will fix this.

4.  About the blue text not being very readable, the best solution would be to change the highlight color to a more readable one (Settings, Amber Settings, Color Options, Highlight Color).

5.  I will work on implementing an option to swap the list items and the info panel on the appropriate list views (List, Low List and Tall List). 

6.  About the icons list with info suggestion, have you tried the Panel view? I think it offers the functionality you are looking for.  You can make the posters smaller and you can use banners (for tv shows). The info is on the left, not the right.  I guess I could implement an option to swap like for the list views.  Please let me know if the Panel or Big Panel views satisfy your needs, or what do you think is missing from them (other than placement of items).  Thanks.

7.  The collection overlay is a good idea.  Now I need to find one that fits well with the skin.  I will look for one (@newbii , do you think you could make one? Smile Thanks).

8.  The skin has 5 font options, and I am not planning to add more.  It is a PITA (sorry for the expression) to ensure all parts of the skin are readable and look good with each font. 
In terms of colors, please look in Settings, Amber Settings, Color Options.  You can change the color of, in my opinion, all the relevant parts of the skin, so that you can make it truly unique to you.  Please let me know if there are issues with the color customization, or if you think there are other skin elements of which you would also like to change the color.  Thanks.

Finally, thank you for thinking of donation! Smile If you like, please donate to the XBMC Foundation (The Kodi team).  Without them, none of this would be possible.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart  
Hey @bsoriano 

1.) It is OK for me and the current options. I guess, some users would appreciate it to fix another point at start.

2.) youre right Smile

4.) No, cant agree with that. This can not be change! I try all options. In adition to that, in my populat netflix list are sometimes the same olor "bugs". Have a look at here:

6.) Panel View looks good. But i really appreciate it if you implement a sawp option to switch left / right (i only like text on the right side Wink).

7.) You have implemented a Collection item (not final item as you said). But i´ll wait to your final version. What do you think ? Smile

@Johnny1982fd , thanks for you reply.  

In terms of what option you start in, I think that because you can choose which menu item you have as the third, or fourth, or sixth, you can always have Amber start in your preferred menu item.  Did you customize your menu to have the option you want be the third one?

For the color issue you provided the screenshot for, which viw is that? Which Netflix list is that? My Popular on Netflix with icons view looks like this:

So I am not sure where that is coming from in your screenshot.

I will look into implemeting an alternate layout for the panel views as well.  I just finished that for the List, Low List and Tall List views, and it was a lot of work.  If you want to test that, you can download version 3.2.58 from GitHub.

I still have not heard back from the user who is helping me with the Collections indicator, so it still is not the final one.

Finally and most important, I hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy through this crisis.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-04-11, 19:47)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-04-11, 18:21)Johnny1982fd Wrote:
(2020-03-30, 18:46)bsoriano Wrote: @Johnny1982fd , thank you for your requests!  I will do my best to answer each:

Regards,

Bart  
Hey @bsoriano 

2.) youre right Smile

In terms of what option you start in, I think that because you can choose which menu item you have as the third, or fourth, or sixth, you can always have Amber start in your preferred menu item.  Did you customize your menu to have the option you want be the third one?

For the color issue you provided the screenshot for, which viw is that? Which Netflix list is that? My Popular on Netflix with icons view looks like this:

I will look into implemeting an alternate layout for the panel views as well.  I just finished that for the List, Low List and Tall List views, and it was a lot of work.  If you want to test that, you can download version 3.2.58 from GitHub.

I still have not heard back from the user who is helping me with the Collections indicator, so it still is not the final one.

Finally and most important, I hope you and your family are staying safe and healthy through this crisis.

Regards,

Bart 
Hi @bsoriano 

you mean:

--> No, i guess you missunderstood that. If i start Kodi new with my Pi4 (LibreElec) you have ALWAYS the third item (i know that you can choose the menupoints to left/right)
I mean, you have NO Option to say "hey, if you kodi starts, go initial not to the third menu point rather to fifth point."

Yes, it is "popular list" at netflix. i have the same color bugs in LibreElec Settings (i have really no idea where this come from) - but it bothers me Wink

Is version 3.2.58 in repo? Or is this a preview version?

(2020-04-11, 20:41)Johnny1982fd Wrote:
(2020-04-11, 19:47)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-04-11, 18:21)Johnny1982fd Wrote: Hey @bsoriano 

2.) youre right Smile

Regards,

Bart   
Hi @bsoriano 

you mean:

--> No, i guess you missunderstood that. If i start Kodi new with my Pi4 (LibreElec) you have ALWAYS the third item (i know that you can choose the menupoints to left/right)
I mean, you have NO Option to say "hey, if you kodi starts, go initial not to the third menu point rather to fifth point."

Yes, it is "popular list" at netflix. i have the same color bugs in LibreElec Settings (i have really no idea where this come from) - but it bothers me Wink

Is version 3.2.58 in repo? Or is this a preview version?  
@Johnny1982fd , what I meant with the menu is that you can decide which item is the third one, so that when Kodi starts, the menu will be positioned in the option you want.  When you go to Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, Customize Home Menu and Shelves, you should see something similar to this:

So from my screenshot, you can see that I have TV Shows as my third option.  If you look on the right side, above "Disable", there are buttons to move the option up, down, to add an option and to remove an option.  So, if you go up from "Disable" and click/press on the up arrow, you can move the TV Shows option up, so that it is the second option, for example.  So you can move any menu item up or down, until you have them in the order that you like.

This is what I meant with you can decide which menu item is the third one.

Can you please send me a screenshot, from your system, of this screen (Settings, Amber Settings, Color Options):

I want to see what the different colors look like for you, to see if we can get to the bottom of the color issue you have.  Thanks.

3.2.58 is not on the repo yet, only on GitHub (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin.amber), in the Leia branch.  So yes, it is a preview version.  I will be pushing this version to the repo later today or tomorrow.

Regards,

Bart

Hi @bsoriano 

thanks again for your fast reply - man i love you Wink

"what I meant with the menu is that you can decide which item is the third one, so that when Kodi starts, the menu will be positioned in the option you want."

-->
But why is it always the THIRD POINT after kodi start? (independently which menupoint is on thrid position)
My suggestion is not to change menu points (up/down as you already implemented), much more an option to say kodi after start "Dont start at menu point three (from left) rather menu point five (from left side)

"So, if you go up from "Disable" and click/press on the up arrow, you can move the TV Shows option up, so that it is the second option, for example.  So you can move any menu item up or down, until you have them in the order that you like.

This is what I meant with you can decide which menu item is the third one."

-->
Agree with that. And i used it to customize my home menu. All is good.

Have a look at here:

https://imgur.com/a/pyBHQ5a

I reset to standard color (reset).
LibreElec settings again blue, but popular list in netflix now shows rigt colors (i take the same examples like in my previous post, The Crown, Suits)

And ... push the new version in repo - ill test this.
What are the changes

Keep healthy and thanks again!

(2020-04-11, 21:46)Johnny1982fd Wrote: Hi @bsoriano 

"what I meant with the menu is that you can decide which item is the third one, so that when Kodi starts, the menu will be positioned in the option you want."

-->
But why is it always the THIRD POINT after kodi start? (independently which menupoint is on thrid position)
My suggestion is not to change menu points (up/down as you already implemented), much more an option to say kodi after start "Dont start at menu point three (from left) rather menu point five (from left side)

"So, if you go up from "Disable" and click/press on the up arrow, you can move the TV Shows option up, so that it is the second option, for example.  So you can move any menu item up or down, until you have them in the order that you like.

-->

Have a look at here:

LibreElec settings again blue, but popular list in netflix now shows rigt colors (i take the same examples like in my previous post, The Crown, Suits)

What are the changes

@Johnny1982fd , thanks for you feedback.  I understand better your suggestion.  The third position has to do with how the menu moves.  I need to see if it is possible (for me) to make this configurable without losing any other functionality.  I will keep this in mind, but it is not something I will be working on very soon.

I have not skinned the LibreELEC settings dialog (I have no way of testing it), so that is why it looks different than the rest of the skin.  I will add this to my To-Do. Could you please send me a screenshot of each one of the LibreELEC settings screens? That way I will know how each one is supposed to look.  I don't have LibreELEC, so I will have to skin the screens without being able to test them.  Thus, your screenshots will be very useful.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-04-11, 22:27)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-04-11, 21:46)Johnny1982fd Wrote: Hi @bsoriano 

-->

-->

Have a look at here:

What are the changes

@Johnny1982fd , thanks for you feedback.  I understand better your suggestion.  The third position has to do with how the menu moves.  I need to see if it is possible (for me) to make this configurable without losing any other functionality.  I will keep this in mind, but it is not something I will be working on very soon.

I have not skinned the LibreELEC settings dialog (I have no way of testing it), so that is why it looks different than the rest of the skin.  I will add this to my To-Do. 

Regards,

Bart 
Hey @bsoriano 

The topic regarding "third point at kodi start" has in my opinion a very low priority. Smile

Regarding color bugs ...

What surprises me is, that in my netflix popular list with standard color (yellow with no bugs - see Suits and The Crown), but with blue i have these differences)

Hmmm. But these are just small things.

Keep going your good work !

Edit: i´ll test version 58 when it is in repo Wink

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-04-13

Hello all,

I hope you continue to stay helathy and safe during these hard times.

I just pushed versions 3.2.59 (Leia) and 3.3.59 (Matrix) to GitHub and the Amber repos.  Main changes:

1. I have added Panel 2 and Big Panel 2 views.  These views differ from the original ones in that the info is on the right and icons are on the left.  Unfortunately I was not able to figure out a way to make this just an option in the Panel and Big Panel views (like I did with the list views), so for now, these 2 new views.

2.  Some fixes/additions to the music info dialog:

-- I added the artist logo above the artist/album image
    -- Now, if you have script.playalbum installed, when you click on any track in the track list when viewing album info, Kodi will start playing that track.
    -- Now, when you click on an album in the album list when viewing artist info, Kodi will open the album files.
    -- There is a new button "Play" that shows up, for albums and songs, which will play the album.  This shows up if you have script.playalbum installed.
    -- To be consistent with the video info dialog, all of the artwork related buttons have been grouped under the "Extras" button.  There is also a "Edit Library Data" option under extras, just like for video info.

3.  Other miscellaneous fixes.

-- Now when you select the Favourites main menu item, you will see the correct background for the menu item.  Because favourites behaves differently from other menu items, if you want this fix, please delete the menu item (Settings, Amber Settings, Home Layout, Customize Home Menu and Shelves), and then restore it.  When you do, you will see that the action for the menu item is now "start_favourites".  When you have that, then the background issue will be fixed for your setup.

-- Fixed the positioning for the "Currently Recording" label when you are recording a channel and press M while viewing it.

-- Fixed the YouTube search option under "Extras" in the video info dialog.  Now it will search properly for the title of the movie, etc.  For episodes, it will search for the tv show title.

There might be other fixes that I do not recall at the moment.

As usual, please download/update, test, and let me know if you find any issues.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - jusjoken - 2020-04-14

(2020-04-06, 22:35)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

First of, I hope that you and your families are safe and healthy in this crisis.

I have pushed versions 3.2.58 (Leia) and 3.3.58 (Master) to GitHub only.

This is a big change (for me), with important additions to the List, Low List and Tall List views:

1. I have added the option to disable the info panel on a per view, per media type basis.  What this means is that you can disable the info panel for List view for Movies, but leave it enabled for TV Shows, or that you can have it disabled for List view for movies, but leave it enabled for Low List and for Tall List.  You will find the option now in the side blade (press Left in any media view).

2. I have added a new option to swap the info panel and the list items, also on a per view, per media type basis.  This means that the list items will now be in the center, and the info panel will be on the right.  The option appears in the side blade as "Alternate List Layout".  Like the disable panel option, you can enable the alternate layout for movies, but keep the original layout for music, and you can enable it for tv shows for List view, but not enable it for tv shows for Low List view.

3.  There are global settings for these two options in Settings, Amber Settings, Media Views: Disable Info Panel in List Views and Alternate List Views Layout.  if you enable these settings globally, then they will be enabled for all three views, for all media types.  Likewise, if you disable them globally, they will be disabled for all three views, for all media types.  You can, however, disable them globally and enable them individually per view and media type, and enable them globally and disable them individually per view and media type.

Did you make these changes for Big List as i am not seeing this in .59 and always use Big List?

k

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-04-14

(2020-04-14, 04:00)jusjoken Wrote:
(2020-04-06, 22:35)bsoriano Wrote: Hello all,

First of, I hope that you and your families are safe and healthy in this crisis.

I have pushed versions 3.2.58 (Leia) and 3.3.58 (Master) to GitHub only.

This is a big change (for me), with important additions to the List, Low List and Tall List views:

1. I have added the option to disable the info panel on a per view, per media type basis.  What this means is that you can disable the info panel for List view for Movies, but leave it enabled for TV Shows, or that you can have it disabled for List view for movies, but leave it enabled for Low List and for Tall List.  You will find the option now in the side blade (press Left in any media view).

2. I have added a new option to swap the info panel and the list items, also on a per view, per media type basis.  This means that the list items will now be in the center, and the info panel will be on the right.  The option appears in the side blade as "Alternate List Layout".  Like the disable panel option, you can enable the alternate layout for movies, but keep the original layout for music, and you can enable it for tv shows for List view, but not enable it for tv shows for Low List view.

3.  There are global settings for these two options in Settings, Amber Settings, Media Views: Disable Info Panel in List Views and Alternate List Views Layout.  if you enable these settings globally, then they will be enabled for all three views, for all media types.  Likewise, if you disable them globally, they will be disabled for all three views, for all media types.  You can, however, disable them globally and enable them individually per view and media type, and enable them globally and disable them individually per view and media type.

Did you make these changes for Big List as i am not seeing this in .59 and always use Big List?

k

@jusjoken, no, I did not. I need to see if I can do that like the other list views. Is this something you are interested in seeing? Please let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - Kyselak - 2020-04-14

First of all: I love the skin!

Just one minor issue I noticed.
The Movie/TV statistics line is not being displayed in the Home Window despite being selected in the customization settings.
I am pretty sure it used to be there but I can't seem to make it show up again.
Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Thanks

RE: Amber for Leia/Matrix - bsoriano - 2020-04-14

(2020-04-14, 20:52)Kyselak Wrote: First of all: I love the skin!

The Movie/TV statistics line is not being displayed in the Home Window despite being selected in the customization settings.

Thanks

@Kyselak, what version of the skin are you using? The statistics line should appear on the shelf (widget) when the shelf is not focused. Could you please send me a screenshot where I can see how you configured it and one where it shows the shelf without the statistics line? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-04-14, 22:16)bsoriano Wrote:

Thanks

@Kyselak, what version of the skin are you using? The statistics line should appear on the shelf (widget) when the shelf is not focused. Could you please send me a screenshot where I can see how you configured it and one where it shows the shelf without the statistics line? Thanks.

Regards,

Bart 
Thanks for the quick reply.
I am using version 3.3.59 - just updated.
Here is the screenshot
ImageImagehttps://ibb.co/T0wSNRM

(2020-04-14, 22:16)bsoriano Wrote:

Thanks

Regards,

Bart 
Sorry, forgot the other screenshot: https://ibb.co/7vJh5D7