Kodi Community Forum
[END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: [END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API) (/showthread.php?tid=343391)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: [END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API) - rschiks - 2020-04-05

Hello everyone!

Today I got an e-mail from my hosting provider for KyraDB.com stating because of the massive amount of files I am violating the Fair Use Policy of a shared host.
If no action is taken the account will be suspended.

The only solution, of course, is migrating to a dedicated host. As everyone knows a dedicated host costs significant more than a cheap shared host.
Currently I'm taking to steps to at least make a backup (another) of everything.

If people have suggestions, please write them in this thread.

Richard

RE: [END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API) - docwra - 2020-04-06

Yes this is to be expected really, shared hosts are not for something like this.

Its a shame but these kind of sites need proper revenue streams and scalable hosting.

I don't think people understand the dedication and finances it takes to keep these kind of things online, especially once they get popular!

RE: [END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API) - tjay260476 - 2020-04-07

If it’s the massive amount of files only, then the next step up is a VPS, just out of interest, how big is the site at present?

RE: [END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API) - rschiks - 2020-04-07

(2020-04-07, 12:57)tjay260476 Wrote: If it’s the massive amount of files only, then the next step up is a VPS, just out of interest, how big is the site at present?

It now contains more than 1 million files, which is the complaint.
The FUP states it should not be over 250,000 files

and correct, VPS can be a next step.

RE: [END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API) - tjay260476 - 2020-04-07

And how big the space does that take? There is a good reason why I’m asking...

RE: [END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API) - rschiks - 2020-04-07

(2020-04-07, 13:09)tjay260476 Wrote: And how big the space does that take? There is a good reason why I’m asking...

Around 80GB

I’m going to PM you....

RE: [END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API) - MX10.AC2N - 2020-04-12

Hi,
Is there a chance to see KyraDB.com reappear ?
thanks for this db..

RE: [END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API) - rschiks - 2020-04-12

(2020-04-12, 10:43)MX10.AC2N Wrote: Hi,
Is there a chance to see KyraDB.com reappear ?
thanks for this db..

Thanks for your reaction.

I really hope so. It all depends on the support I’m getting.

RE: [END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API) - myron - 2020-04-13

Setup cloudflare to mirror and cache your never changing files.
Bandwith on your provider would probably drop by 95%...

Additionally:
Are there already some low-res preview graphics available?
Or still only full sized ones?

Edit:
ok, no bandwith issues, but file count issues - thats another story...

RE: [END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API) - rschiks - 2020-04-15

(2020-04-13, 20:17)myron Wrote: Setup cloudflare to mirror and cache your never changing files.
Bandwith on your provider would probably drop by 95%...

Additionally:
Are there already some low-res preview graphics available?
Or still only full sized ones?

Edit:
ok, no bandwith issues, but file count issues - thats another story...
Yes, no bandwidth issues.......

I only keep the full sized images.

RE: [END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API) - sea_of_gems - 2020-04-20

Would a storage solution like dropbox work? The website could then interface with its api and serve up the images directly from the cloud storage hosting.

RE: [END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API) - docwra - 2020-04-21

(2020-04-20, 20:55)sea_of_gems Wrote: Would a storage solution like dropbox work? The website could then interface with its api and serve up the images directly from the cloud storage hosting.

No that wont work sorry. Far too many files and access requests for something like cloud storage.

RE: [END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API) - str8upx - 2020-04-22

Host your site yourself.

$40 month
8TB storage
1Gbps connection
100TB monthly traffic

https://www.seedhost.eu/dedicated-servers.php

RE: [END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API) - rschiks - 2020-04-23

(2020-04-22, 18:11)str8upx Wrote: Host your site yourself.

$40 month
8TB storage
1Gbps connection
100TB monthly traffic

https://www.seedhost.eu/dedicated-servers.php
Of course there are a lot of hosting options available, but they all have a price. The current price I’m paying is $4 a month, which I don’t have a problem with.
However, I’m not going to pay $40 a month out of my own pocket. That’s too much.
I’ve tried donations, and a few people did, but 99% of the users didn’t.