Kodi Community Forum
[END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Meta-Data provider and Artwork Packs (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=71)
+--- Thread: [END HAS COME for] KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs and more (with API) (/showthread.php?tid=343391)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs, character art and more (with API) - rschiks - 2019-08-18

Added new actresses (done to post #639 - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342408&pid=2877833#pid2877833)

RE: KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs, character art and more (with API) - Captain_Pike - 2019-08-18

took a look of the new KyraDB Features, really nice an hope of an implementation in Artwork Beef and other Artwork Tools!
few important things to mention on the character poster sets:
  • The sets now change their position depending on their votes - exactly as planned! But the collection number changes with! Very confusing for most poeple! (Collection 3, 1, 2) Could we change that the collection number is adapted to the positions, always integer (Collection 1, 2, 3)
  • If i scale down the website zoom the new voting boxes got completely destroying the website layout, all random positions! This scale problem is not on the other artwork types, only on the character poster sets.
  • This point is subjective but i would prefere a more horizontal layout than vertical for less scrolling and more overview, i would put the voting stuff beside the collection number and not below.
First 2 points i think are important for overview and usability, the 3rd is subjective, just my 2 cents, up to you.

RE: KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs, character art and more (with API) - rschiks - 2019-08-18

(2019-08-18, 15:26)Captain_Pike Wrote: took a look of the new KyraDB Features, really nice an hope of an implementation in Artwork Beef and other Artwork Tools!
few important things to mention on the character poster sets:
  • The sets now change their position depending on their votes - exactly as planned! But the collection number changes with! Very confusing for most poeple! (Collection 3, 1, 2) Could we change that the collection number is adapted to the positions, always integer (Collection 1, 2, 3)
  • If i scale down the website zoom the new voting boxes got completely destroying the website layout, all random positions! This scale problem is not on the other artwork types, only on the character poster sets.
  • This point is subjective but i would prefere a more horizontal layout than vertical for less scrolling and more overview, i would put the voting stuff beside the collection number and not below.
First 2 points i think are important for overview and usability, the 3rd is subjective, just my 2 cents, up to you.  
1) The collection numbering is done on purpose like this. It's the collection number as defined in the database.
2) Scaling issue should be resolved.
3) Find this one difficult. A browser is designed for vertical scrolling, not horizontal. I did horizontal scrolling with the actors of a movie. Somehow it doesn't feel right. Maybe because you need a mouse and can't use touch gestures (like on an iPad). In my browser I use the scroll wheel of the mouse to scroll up and down fast. That's why I find it more logical to put them vertically on the screen.

By the way @chrissix.....more than 2000 character posters!!!

RE: KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs, character art and more (with API) - chrissix666 - 2019-08-18

First of all great new features! Great work and much appreciated  Nod
I already found some voted stuff on visiting movie pages on uploading.

Second of all today i will finish uploading the Character Poster Sets base pack from the thread. From then on I will gradually work back from the latest releases (2019) over the years.

Have tested the new features and give now only my 2 cents (from the view of a user)
First, i break some points from @Captain_Pike 
(2019-08-18, 15:26)Captain_Pike Wrote: The sets now change their position depending on their votes - exactly as planned! But the collection number changes with! Very confusing for most poeple! (Collection 3, 1, 2) Could we change that the collection number is adapted to the positions, always integer (Collection 1, 2, 3)
Important point! This i mentioned first on testing and i agree with @Captain_Pike It would be clearer and more structured if the collection numbers would always be integer and adapt at the same time as the votes in the sorting.
Don't know how difficult this would be or either possible a collection number change in database depending on votes... 

(2019-08-18, 15:26)Captain_Pike Wrote: If i scale down the website zoom the new voting boxes got completely destroying the website layout, all random positions! This scale problem is not on the other artwork types, only on the character poster sets.
Tested out on upscale and downscale on 3 most common browsers, no problem, it's working fine!

(2019-08-18, 15:54)rschiks Wrote: 3) Find this one difficult. A browser is designed for vertical scrolling, not horizontal. I did horizontal scrolling with the actors of a movie. Somehow it doesn't feel right. Maybe because you need a mouse and can't use touch gestures (like on an iPad). In my browser I use the scroll wheel of the mouse to scroll up and down fast.
I think @Captain_Pike  meant something else. I think he meant to reduce the distances by placing the votes next to and not below the collection number. So you still have as many sets centrally in view.
But as he said... that's subjective... overview is important, structure is important.
Like this:
___
In my opinion it isn't really necessary that the votes taken by me are highlightend, still prefer a "neutral" view, fanart.tv does also not do that (i just can click the vote button once, every else push the button will be ignored, but no indicator if i voted yet)
But that's also subjective.  

For all other artwork types all is working fine and will get resorted on votes (also actresses)  Nod
Already voted all Star Wars Animated Posters made by @mouflo and @schimi2k up, cause they are uniform and best quality stuff.
Will continue voting up the Animated Poster made by this 2 member cause it's the best quality stuff from them.

RE: KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs, character art and more (with API) - chrissix666 - 2019-08-18

More feedback but offtopic from recent changes:

One of the most important things to adjust the image height of all available artwork types. In the character posters it's already working nice!
ImageImage
In my opinion this will look way more eyecandy on the website Cool
___

Another thing that will prevent a lot of clicking and searching:
All artwork types are clickable even if there are no artwork in it.
I would suggest that all buttons will stay there visible, but if no artwork in it, just "grey it out" (instead of white text) and make it not clickable any more. (just a kind of texture)

EDIT: Another opinion to avoid this would be to set all artwork types in one view/page like fanart.tv -> https://fanart.tv/movie/99861/avengers-age-of-ultron/
But i know that would be a really heavy code change, current solution also very nice, only the endless clicking to empty - it's kind of gambling - is sometimes a bit annoying.
___

These 2 posts have summarized everything that would make the page almost perfect.
But I know, perfection takes time. And the platform is also pretty new.

RE: KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs, character art and more (with API) - Captain_Pike - 2019-08-18

(2019-08-18, 17:01)chrissix Wrote: I think @Captain_Pike  meant something else. I think he meant to reduce the distances by placing the votes next to and not below the collection number. So you still have as many sets centrally in view.
But as he said... that's subjective... overview is important, structure is important.
Like this:
That was exactly what I meant. Previously you could see up to 4 collections at once, now only 3. The upper bar alone alone needs a fifth of the browser window, so that anyway less space is there to show at once.
(2019-08-18, 17:01)chrissix Wrote: In my opinion it isn't really necessary that the votes taken by me are highlightend, still prefer a "neutral" view, fanart.tv does also not do that (i just can click the vote button once, every else push the button will be ignored, but no indicator if i voted yet)
But that's also subjective.  
Maybe a Setting in a Checkbox could be made in the user Settings like "show own votes highlightened" (or not)
___

A really great feature would also be if you provide an alternative dark mode for your Website! I love your design and layout but have to admit at late night i avoid to visit it cause the brightness.

RE: KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs, character art and more (with API) - rmrector - 2019-08-18

Just chiming in on the character poster set numbering: we definitely definitely need an identifier that doesn't change, so that today I can say I like "Collection 1", then I can come back 6 months from now and still find that poster set as "Collection 1". The current functionality is good, and if there is any adjustment to the UI design that is still a helpful property to keep.

(2019-08-18, 18:29)rmrector Wrote: Just chiming in on the character poster set numbering: we definitely definitely need an identifier that doesn't change, so that today I can say I like "Collection 1", then I can come back 6 months from now and still find that poster set as "Collection 1". The current functionality is good, and if there is any adjustment to the UI design that is still a helpful property to keep.
The collection_number in the database won't change. If a user likes collection 1 it remains the same collection 1 returned by the API and it still contains the same posters.

I will give some thought about the GUI numbering. It won't be that difficult to change the numbering in the GUI and still the like of the member moving along with it.

@"chrissix" @Captain_Pike 
This week I won't be doing that much, but upcoming weekend I will have a look.

(2019-08-18, 18:29)rmrector Wrote: Just chiming in on the character poster set numbering: we definitely definitely need an identifier that doesn't change, so that today I can say I like "Collection 1", then I can come back 6 months from now and still find that poster set as "Collection 1". The current functionality is good, and if there is any adjustment to the UI design that is still a helpful property to keep.
@rmrector Great to hear you will make the final step upgrading KyraDB artwork types in Artwork Beef from basic implementation to full implementation with vote system. (i guess the implementation of language tags already done)
I now the character poster sets will be a tricky one cause it's handled per coherent sets and not single artwork managed.

Please keep in mind the posters in a set have a fixed position for integer mode in skins. They are really well presorted to TMDB cast sort order or if the poster is belong togeter in a different way.
Poster in first place is poster1.jpg and so on...
That means we only have to solve the set management prefer system if there is more than one set and wich one will be preferred if no votes yet or votes are equal (fallback to current collection 1)
But i'm sure you and @rschiks will solve all that a nice way!

(2019-08-18, 19:23)rschiks Wrote: I will give some thought about the GUI numbering. It won't be that difficult to change the numbering in the GUI and still the like of the member moving along with it.
(2019-08-18, 19:25)rschiks Wrote: This week I won't be doing that much, but upcoming weekend I will have a look.
Really nice! Looking forward to it! 
___
I just finished the work uploading the base pack pack from the Character Poster Sets thread!  Nod
Statistics of well sorted base pack:

Around 240 movies with 373 sets with over 2000 posters.
So one of the movies have average 1,55 sets with average 5,4 poster each set.

I will now continue maintaining new content beginning with 2019 movies and going backward.

Hope you and @rmrector could solve soon the last technical/functional questions.

RE: KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs, character art and more (with API) - rschiks - 2019-08-23

Added new actresses (done to post #673 - https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=342408&pid=2879530#pid2879530)

RE: KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs, character art and more (with API) - chrissix666 - 2019-08-23

When clicking on KyraDB main page on "Latest animated backgrounds:" it's showing equal same "Latest animated posters:"

RE: KyraDB.com - A free site for animated gifs, character art and more (with API) - rschiks - 2019-08-24

(2019-08-23, 23:56)chrissix Wrote: When clicking on KyraDB main page on "Latest animated backgrounds:" it's showing equal same "Latest animated posters:"
It was actually showing the latest animated images (both posters and backgrounds)....but I know, it's confusing. I have changed it. Now the posters shows the posters and the backgrounds shows the backgrounds.