Kodi Community Forum
Kodi and Spotify - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Music Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=263)
+--- Thread: Kodi and Spotify (/showthread.php?tid=343562)

Kodi and Spotify - djr_fox - 2019-05-03

Hello all,  I am using Leia and I have an extensive Spotify playlist.  Does anyone use Spotify with Kodi and if so, how do you get it installed?

Thank you!

RE: Kodi and Spotify - HeresJohnny - 2019-05-03

Kodi Spotify Add-on

RE: Kodi and Spotify - Benna - 2019-05-07

(2019-05-03, 17:09)HeresJohnny Wrote: Kodi Spotify Add-on

should this be funny?

Just ask...

RE: Kodi and Spotify - HeresJohnny - 2019-05-07

Why would you think it funny when someone asks a question they can answer themselves with a simple search, either on Google or here on this forum? There is asking because of not knowing and there is asking because of being lazy and having someone else do the work for you. Or to quote the bible: "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man how to fish and he will eat his whole life."

RE: Kodi and Spotify - snoopyjoe - 2019-05-08

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! That's is DEFINITELY FUNNY!!🤣

RE: Kodi and Spotify - djr_fox - 2019-05-30

Haha as funny as it is.  And it really was.  There is little to nothing in the way of support on this, hence why I asked the question

RE: Kodi and Spotify - docwra - 2019-06-10

Funniness aside, we really should write some nice Wiki Articles on how to use Spotify, Google Music etc.

Its a good first question I am sure a lot of users will ask.

RE: Kodi and Spotify - Mysticalp - 2019-06-24

Spotify API is not really open for this kind of stuff as far as I could see when I was looking into this. I ended up just leaving Spotify open in the background and controlling it with my phone

RE: Kodi and Spotify - JKMooney - 2019-07-22

(2019-05-03, 15:26)djr_fox Wrote: Hello all,  I am using Leia and I have an extensive Spotify playlist.  Does anyone use Spotify with Kodi and if so, how do you get it installed?

Thank you!
Relatively new to Kodi myself but it appears this repository on GitHub for adding Spotify seems to be recommended a lot.  I'll probably give it a try myself tonight.

https://github.com/kodi-community-addons/plugin.audio.spotify

RE: Kodi and Spotify - garfield - 2019-07-30

(2019-05-07, 22:16)HeresJohnny Wrote: Why would you think it funny when someone asks a question they can answer themselves with a simple search, either on Google or here on this forum? There is asking because of not knowing and there is asking because of being lazy and having someone else do the work for you. Or to quote the bible: "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man how to fish and he will eat his whole life."

- Excuse me, what time is it now?
- No way I will tell you! You must purchase your own watch or find a public one!

RE: Kodi and Spotify - publicENEMY - 2019-11-06

(2019-05-07, 22:16)HeresJohnny Wrote: Why would you think it funny when someone asks a question they can answer themselves with a simple search, either on Google or here on this forum? There is asking because of not knowing and there is asking because of being lazy and having someone else do the work for you. Or to quote the bible: "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Teach a man how to fish and he will eat his whole life."
This thread is the second in the google list when i search for "kodi spotify" filtered by year 2019. The reason I google because I cant find spotify addon in official kodi repository. I remember some time ago, there are few plugins. some of em have problems etc. since i dont want to waste my time scouring and testing lots of plugins, i decided to google.

To my suprise, this thread that i found (second in google list) is full of trolls.

For the newbies that just stumble this thread, I pity you. Anyway, here are the plugin that i found for windows.

If you on Libreelec, i would prefer librespot. Unfortunately, I cant find librespot for windows.

RE: Kodi and Spotify - byromoth - 2020-12-19

(2019-11-06, 14:33)publicENEMY Wrote:
This thread is the second in the google list when i search for "kodi spotify" filtered by year 2019. The reason I google because I cant find spotify addon in official kodi repository. I remember some time ago, there are few plugins. some of em have problems etc. since i dont want to waste my time scouring and testing lots of plugins, i decided to google.

To my suprise, this thread that i found (second in google list) is full of trolls.

For the newbies that just stumble this thread, I pity you. Anyway, here are the plugin that i found for windows.

If you on Libreelec, i would prefer librespot. Unfortunately, I cant find librespot for windows.

Failed to install

RE: Kodi and Spotify - comedly - 2021-07-09

Chapter and Verse? The google just isn't helping me find your quote in the Bible.  [hint, it's not in the Bible] 

btw, when I google "Kodi Spotify" this thread is near the top of the hits. Hmm.