Kodi Community Forum
Req Kaleidescape Movie List View - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Req Kaleidescape Movie List View (/showthread.php?tid=343569)

Pages: 1 2

Kaleidescape Movie List View - selfcontained - 2019-05-03

I know there've been past threads (unanswered/unresolved) about a Kaleidescape-like skin. What I'd really like to see is the Kaleidescape Movie List View https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlzmnlfZOAE in a Kodi skin. What's great about this is that in one view, one can see a list of titles, duration, actor(s), director, genre(s), etc. and sort on any of these critieria.

Does anyone know of a skin that has a view like this? What I'd most like to see is a list of movies and the ability to sort on title, duration, and genre from the same screen. I'd like the same view and abilities from a TV shows/episode view.

Any ideas?

RE: Kaleidescape Movie List View - MacGyver - 2019-05-04

I wrote an animation sequence for an XBMC based Kaleidescape clone a decade ago. They've improved their interface since then it seems.

However, I just spent an hour or so looking into if it's possible, and I don't think so, at least not anymore.

Kodi doesn't hold a listitem's genre in a way that we can scroll through them (they are stored in Genre as Comedy/War/Thriller with a '/' in between). I tried using a list of all genres and only showing items that matched the genre, but we can no longer access a listitem's genre from another list so I can't compare the possible content against a ListItem that is empty. As in:

Code:
        <!-- Genre button -->
        <control type="list" id="995">
                <posx>615</posx>
                <posy>4</posy>
                <width>190</width>
                <height>35</height>
                <orientation>vertical</orientation>
                <onleft>55</onleft>
                <onright>996</onright>
                <ondown>noop</ondown>
                <onup>noop</onup>
                <visible>Window.IsActive(videos)</visible>
                <itemlayout height="35" width="190">
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>0</posx>
                        <posy>0</posy>
                        <width>190</width>
                        <height>35</height>
                        <aligny>center</aligny>
                        <font>METF_TitleText</font>
                        <textcolor>TextNF</textcolor>
                        <selectedcolor>TextFO</selectedcolor>
                        <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
                        <visible>String.Contains(Container.ListItem.Genre,ListItem.Label)</visible>
                    </control>
                </itemlayout>
                <focusedlayout height="35" width="190">
                    <control type="label">
                        <posx>0</posx>
                        <posy>0</posy>
                        <width>190</width>
                        <height>35</height>
                        <aligny>center</aligny>
                        <font>METF_TitleText</font>
                        <textcolor>TextNF</textcolor>
                        <selectedcolor>TextFO</selectedcolor>
                        <label>$INFO[ListItem.Label]</label>
                        <visible>String.Contains(Container.ListItem.Genre,ListItem.Label)</visible>
                    </control>
                </focusedlayout>
                <content>
                    <item id="0">
                        <label>Comedy</label>
                        <onclick>SetFocus(55)</onclick>
                        <onclick>JumpSMS9</onclick>
                    </item>
                    <item id="1">
                        <label>Science Fiction</label>
                    </item>
                    <item id="2">
                        <label>Horror</label>
                    </item>
                    <item id="3">
                        <label>Thriller</label>
                    </item>

<item id="4">
                        <label>War</label>
                    </item>

</content>
            </control>    

ignore the onclick action, it is just a placeholder.

Container.ListItem.Genre is empty since kodi 18 Alpha 2 in any list other than the main one. I tried Container(55).ListItem.Genre and even an exact offset.

So short of a dev making special container id for things like Genre lists per focused items like they did for DialogVideoInfo.xml and cast members, I can't see how it can be done.

If I'm not seeing a smarter way I hope someone chimes in and shows me, I like the idea.

RE: Kaleidescape Movie List View - selfcontained - 2019-05-04

(2019-05-04, 01:11)MacGyver Wrote: I wrote an animation sequence for an XBMC based Kaleidescape clone a decade ago. They've improved their interface since then it seems.

However, I just spent an hour or so looking into if it's possible, and I don't think so, at least not anymore.
Container.ListItem.Genre is empty since kodi 18 Alpha 2 in any list other than the main one. I tried Container(55).ListItem.Genre and even an exact offset.

So short of a dev making special container id for things like Genre lists per focused items like they did for DialogVideoInfo.xml and cast members, I can't see how it can be done.

If I'm not seeing a smarter way I hope someone chimes in and shows me, I like the idea. 
That was amazing and beautiful - it looks like you've used AppTV (or its predecesor) as your skin - excellent choice. I hope the community can come up with a solution for you as, selfishly, I'd love to use it! I'm guessing the problem is the same for the Movie List View of Kaleidescape - that view would be my preference as I have several thousand movie titles and close to 400 TV shows to navigate through - quite a slog with the poster/icon view. I also really would like a duration sort as sometimes what I want to see is predicated on how much free time I have to watch.

I had thought of maybe a drill-down screen of Movies/Documentaries & TV Shows/Mini-Series which after choosing one or the other, you would see a Genre & Duration selector. Choosing one of these would then take you to a screen of either genres (of all durations) or durations (7-11 mins., 20-30 mins, 45-60 mins. 90+ mins.). If you chose genres then within that genre you'd see a duration selector; if you chose duration then within whichever duration catagory you chose, you'd see a genre to select. If I can't have the Kaleidescape Movie List View, I'd be happy with these drill-down screens.

Any ideas?

RE: Kaleidescape Movie List View - manfeed - 2019-05-31

@selfcontained 

Thanks for sharing this, I didn't know about it, but I liked it, so I tried to get a similar view for my skin Aeon Tajo... here is the result so far...

RE: Kaleidescape Movie List View - the_other_guy - 2019-06-01

(2019-05-03, 16:41)selfcontained Wrote:  What I'd most like to see is a list of movies and the ability to sort on title, duration, and genre from the same screen. I'd like the same view and abilities from a TV shows/episode view.

Any ideas?
set up nodes

go back to estuary use library  view sidemenu sort by

RE: Kaleidescape Movie List View - selfcontained - 2019-06-12

(2019-05-31, 23:19)manfeed Wrote: @selfcontained 

Thanks for sharing this, I didn't know about it, but I liked it, so I tried to get a similar view for my skin Aeon Tajo... here is the result so far...

This is awesome @manfeed

I'm going to run this through its paces. I'll report back!

RE: Kaleidescape Movie List View - selfcontained - 2019-06-12

(2019-06-12, 01:00)selfcontained Wrote:

This is awesome @manfeed

I'm going to run this through its paces. I'll report back! 
@manfeed I've been trying out Aeon Tajo and I love it! You really knocked it out of the park with this skin and especially the Multisort view. It does everything I could have hoped for the Movie view. In trying the skins for TV shows, I've decided to use your "List" view as the most informative for my person needs, but I was wondering if once a show is selected, if Multisort could then be a view option within a tv show? I understand your perspective on making Aeon Tajo to your liking and I completely respect that - just wondering what your thoughts were on adding Multisort to TV views too?

RE: Kaleidescape Movie List View - the_other_guy - 2019-06-13

(2019-05-04, 01:11)MacGyver Wrote:
Code:

ignore the onclick action, it is just a placeholder.

it is listitem.cast ListItem.CastAndRole VideoPlayer.Cast VideoPlayer.CastAndRole that will not show for  me before the video has been played
this can be done with a estuary listview
xml:
<viewtype label="$LOCALIZE[31107]">list</viewtype>
    <focusedlayout height="200" condition="Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons) | Container.Content(episodes) | Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(musicvideos) | Container.Content(videos) | Container.Content(games)">
     <control type="image">
      <left>0</left>
      <right>0</right>
      <bottom>0</bottom>
      <!-- <height>150</height> -->
      <texture colordiffuse="ff000000">lists/focus.png</texture>
      <visible>Control.HasFocus(505)</visible>
     </control>
     <control type="image">
      <left>35</left>
      <centertop>50%</centertop>
      <width>32</width>
      <height>32</height>
      <texture>$VAR[ListWatchedIconVar]</texture>
     </control>
     <control type="group">
     <control type="image">
       <left>105</left>
       <top>10</top>
       <width>125</width>
       <height>180</height>
       <texture>$INFO[ListItem.Art(poster)]</texture>
       <aspectratio aligny="center">scale</aspectratio>
      </control>
      <control type="image">
       <left>230</left>
       <top>0</top>
       <width>10</width>
       <height>200</height>
       <texture>lists/space.png</texture>

</control>

<control type="image">
       <left>540</left>
       <top>0</top>
       <width>10</width>
       <height>200</height>

</control>
      <control type="textbox">
      <left>250</left>
      <top>5</top>
      <width>500</width>
      <height>160</height>
      <label >$INFO[ListItem.Title] [CR]$INFO[ListItem.Plot]</label>
      <autoscroll delay="10000" time="5000" repeat="10000">Skin.HasSetting(AutoScroll)</autoscroll>
      <font>font12</font>
     </control>
     <control type="image">
       <left>750</left>
       <top>0</top>
       <width>10</width>
       <height>200</height>
       </control>
       <control type="textbox">
      <left>760</left>
      <top>5</top>
      <width>200</width>
      <height>160</height>
      <label >Genre [CR] $INFO[ListItem.Genre]</label>
      <autoscroll delay="10000" time="5000" repeat="10000">Skin.HasSetting(AutoScroll)</autoscroll>
      <font>font12</font>
     </control>
     <control type="image">
       <left>960</left>
       <top>0</top>
       <width>10</width>
       <height>200</height>
       </control>
       <control type="textbox">
      <left>970</left>
      <top>5</top>
      <width>200</width>
      <height>160</height>
      <label >Cast [CR] $INFO[ListItem.Cast]</label>
      <font>font12</font>
     </control>
     <control type="image">
       <left>1170</left>
       <top>0</top>
       <width>10</width>
       <height>200</height>
       </control>
        <control type="textbox">
      <left>1180</left>
      <top>5</top>
      <width>200</width>
      <height>160</height>
      <label >Director [CR] $INFO[ListItem.Director]</label>
      <font>font12</font>
     </control>
     <control type="image">
       <left>1390</left>
       <top>0</top>
       <width>10</width>
       <height>200</height>
       </control>
        <control type="textbox">
      <left>1400</left>
      <top>5</top>
      <width>300</width>
      <height>160</height>
      <label >Writer [CR] $INFO[ListItem.Writer]</label>
      <font>font12</font>
     </control>
     <control type="image">
       <left>1700</left>
       <top>0</top>
       <width>10</width>
       <height>200</height>
       </control>

RE: Kaleidescape Movie List View - selfcontained - 2019-07-13

@manfeed After using Aeon Tajo since you added Multisort, I've made it my default skin on both my Kodi boxes. In daily usage though I've found that Multisort doesn't quite suit my needs. I know you've designed it for your particular wants and that's OK - I'm happy to use it; but if you could add a few user-configurable changes to Multisort, it would be great.

As you (obviously) know - the initial column items in Multisort are: "title", "year", "rating", "duration", "MPAA rating", and "date added". Would it be possible to add an option to include items of our choosing from the options menu? Personally, I'd like the initial view (before it changes views) to only show: "Title", "Genre", and "Duration".

I know nothing of coding and so I don't have any appreciation for how difficult that change may be - or whether you even would consider it; but if you could add the ability for users to change the column items that would be awesome.

Thanks again for making an incredible skin!

RE: Kaleidescape Movie List View - manfeed - 2019-07-29

(2019-07-13, 13:40)selfcontained Wrote: As you (obviously) know - the initial column items in Multisort are: "title", "year", "rating", "duration", "MPAA rating", and "date added". Would it be possible to add an option to include items of our choosing from the options menu? Personally, I'd like the initial view (before it changes views) to only show: "Title", "Genre", and "Duration".
@selfcontained 

Unfortunately that's impossible, I would also have liked to have Genre among the columns but it's not possible since it's not a field that Kodi can sort... The columns already showed are the only ones that can be sorted, in addition it's impossible to let the user choose columns, sorry...

However, you may like the new video view that I'm coding for Aeon Tajo... Wink

RE: Kaleidescape Movie List View - selfcontained - 2019-08-10

(2019-07-29, 22:40)manfeed Wrote:
(2019-07-13, 13:40)selfcontained Wrote: As you (obviously) know - the initial column items in Multisort are: "title", "year", "rating", "duration", "MPAA rating", and "date added". Would it be possible to add an option to include items of our choosing from the options menu? Personally, I'd like the initial view (before it changes views) to only show: "Title", "Genre", and "Duration".
@selfcontained 

Unfortunately that's impossible, I would also have liked to have Genre among the columns but it's not possible since it's not a field that Kodi can sort... The columns already showed are the only ones that can be sorted, in addition it's impossible to let the user choose columns, sorry...

Wow!! That is awesome! I love it.

I understand about the sortable items - it's still very very cool so no worries.

I have to confess that I now switch between two skins: Aeon Tajo and Titan M O D. I like Titan M O D's slim list because it can show duration in hrs/min, end time (based on current time and video's duration), plot, writer, director, genre on one side and a list of 10 items on the other. All the information I want on one screen. However Aeon Tajo is what I like to use when I'm scrolling through my library - plus Tajo is just so beautiful to look at.

I can't wait to try out your new Multiwall view!

RE: Kaleidescape Movie List View - Jman5150 - 2020-07-04

(2019-07-29, 22:40)manfeed Wrote:
@selfcontained 

That shuffle looks awesome. Im new to this. Is that part of the skin or add on? How do i set it up?

RE: Kaleidescape Movie List View - manfeed - 2020-07-04

(2020-07-04, 22:10)Jman5150 Wrote: That shuffle looks awesome. Im new to this. Is that part of the skin or add on? How do i set it up?

Thanks, you only have to install Aeon Tajo skin and choose Multiwall or Multiwall 3D view, that's all...

RE: Kaleidescape Movie List View - Jagger77 - 2021-01-27

(2020-07-04, 22:45)manfeed Wrote:
(2020-07-04, 22:10)Jman5150 Wrote: That shuffle looks awesome. Im new to this. Is that part of the skin or add on? How do i set it up?

Thanks, you only have to install Aeon Tajo skin and choose Multiwall or Multiwall 3D view, that's all...

Really liking the multi wall 3d. However, once selected, I can’t seem to get the the sub menu to change from it? I wanted to try the wall without the 3d.

Secondly, I use a scope 2:39-1 screen. Is there an option to have a wall that fills out at this (letterbox) ratio. Can’t seem to find a single skin with that as an option

RE: Kaleidescape Movie List View - manfeed - 2021-01-27

(2021-01-27, 15:40)Jagger77 Wrote:
(2020-07-04, 22:45)manfeed Wrote:

Really liking the multi wall 3d. However, once selected, I can’t seem to get the the sub menu to change from it? I wanted to try the wall without the 3d.

Secondly, I use a scope 2:39-1 screen. Is there an option to have a wall that fills out at this (letterbox) ratio. Can’t seem to find a single skin with that as an option

When you remain for some seconds in a movie and all the panels are shown the Intro or OK key brings up the menu instead of playing the movie. There’s a flashing message that gets displayed informing you of that...