Kodi Community Forum
Release Release 3.0 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+---- Forum: TinyMediaManager (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=204)
+---- Thread: Release Release 3.0 (/showthread.php?tid=344349)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Release 3.0 - mlaggner - 2019-05-31

After several years of development we are proud to announce

tinyMediaManager v3

available at https://www.tinymediamanager.org/.

key changes are:
  • completely rewritten UI (thx to @joostzilla)
    • new style and layout (better usage of the available space especially for low screen devices)
    • flexible and configurable tables
    • improved filters (inclusive and exclusive filters)
    • better UI scaling on high dpi screens
  • added a dark theme
  • completely rewritten the renamer engine
  • completely rewritten NFO parsing and writing (much more flexible now)
  • easier translation via weblate.org now
  • increased required Java version to Java 8+
  • ability to mix in/search for missing episodes
  • presets in settings for common media centers
  • many enhancements under the hood
since many things have changed, you are not able to directly upgrade from an existing v2 version of tinyMediaManager! tinyMediaManager v2 offers you a guided upgrade to v3 (automatic download/patch and an automatic migration of your data source), but you have to re-set all your other settings.

Please report any issues/feature requests at this subforum or at our project home.

RE: Release 3.0 - drabgah - 2019-05-31

Hello,
1. thx for the great tool, helps me alot.
- Today i switched to v3 and i have a few problems.
When i let TMM decide which poster to scrap it always takes a poster without the title
- i cant directly skip to a title by typing the letter
- Befor v3 i can automatically rename a serie... but his time, he deleted all episodes and renamed the samples. Didnt happend in v2.
- And automatically rename is a lot slower than before´.

drabgah

RE: Release 3.0 - PatK - 2019-05-31

Looks good, didn't see where you hid the 'Dark Mode' theme? oops found it....

RE: Release 3.0 - mlaggner - 2019-06-01

@drabgah
1. have a look at the image scraper settings - I am pretty sure you do not have any language for posters chosen!
2. didn't even know that the (table)component offers this feature; I may have to look why it is not working - but since we've completely rewritten the table to offer configurable columns, better filter, ... I cannot promise to get this working again
3. please provide an example (bug report at gitlab?)
4. (automatic) rename completely relies on the speed of your storage system - there is no Java code which speeds down renaming in tmm

RE: Release 3.0 - drabgah - 2019-06-01

(2019-06-01, 09:47)mlaggner Wrote: @drabgah
1. have a look at the image scraper settings - I am pretty sure you do not have any language for posters chosen!
2. didn't even know that the (table)component offers this feature; I may have to look why it is not working - but since we've completely rewritten the table to offer configurable columns, better filter, ... I cannot promise to get this working again
3. please provide an example (bug report at gitlab?)
4. (automatic) rename completely relies on the speed of your storage system - there is no Java code which speeds down renaming in tmm

1 Choosen Language is German (like before), maybe thats the problem.... but before it was set to german also and the posters scrapped where german too. Bigger img of example Image
2 Without it... you lose time if you have 800 movies (yes you can type it in the search bar.... but when you want directly skip to another movie after the last one you have to retype again in the searchbar...)
3 i have to get the series again, because tmm deleted all (completly, try to rescue with special tool, but no chance).
4 maybe there was to much action in the time on the hdd or it took so long because he was deleting the big files to nirvana  Oo

RE: Release 3.0 - mlaggner - 2019-06-01

1. did you see that there is a new language setting at the artwork scraper panel? (you can choose different artwork for meta data and artwork..)
3. tmm does not delete completely. it moves files to the .deletedByTmm folder.. but if you have chosen to empty the trash folder and closed tmm, you may have not change to get it back Big Grin
btw: always use backups! Big Grin

RE: Release 3.0 - trevisyn - 2019-06-01

To update do i need to uninstall old version?
Thanks ^^

RE: Release 3.0 - bsknight - 2019-06-01

(2019-05-31, 17:25)mlaggner Wrote: After several years of development we are proud to announce

tinyMediaManager v3

available at https://www.tinymediamanager.org/.

key changes are:
  • completely rewritten UI (thx to @joostzilla)
    • new style and layout (better usage of the available space especially for low screen devices)
    • flexible and configurable tables
    • improved filters (inclusive and exclusive filters)
    • better UI scaling on high dpi screens
  • added a dark theme
  • completely rewritten the renamer engine
  • completely rewritten NFO parsing and writing (much more flexible now)
  • easier translation via weblate.org now
  • increased required Java version to Java 8+
  • ability to mix in/search for missing episodes
  • presets in settings for common media centers
  • many enhancements under the hood
since many things have changed, you are not able to directly upgrade from an existing v2 version of tinyMediaManager! tinyMediaManager v2 offers you a guided upgrade to v3 (automatic download/patch and an automatic migration of your data source), but you have to re-set all your other settings.

Please report any issues/feature requests at this subforum or at our project home
Well, congratulations that now looks and feels bloody good. Not played with any of the actual functionality much yet, but it does look like something current rather than from the 1990s as before. Well done all.

RE: Release 3.0 - bsknight - 2019-06-01

(2019-06-01, 16:54)trevisyn Wrote: To update do i need to uninstall old version?
Thanks ^^
I didn't have to. It asked me if I wanted to upgrade to 3.0 & then overwrote the old folder with the new stuff seamlessly.

RE: Release 3.0 - dayala - 2019-06-02

Kudos on the new version!

I have noticed something weird compared to version 2.

I went to a particular TV Show (Absentia) and clicked the update button for it to scan and show me new items.
It showed me the new episodes found for the show.

In version 2, I usually right-clicked on top of new the episodes and selected "Scrape episode metadata" then Rename and the metadata, art and rename was done perfectly.

In version 3, nothing happens when I do the same process.

I noticed that when I click Edit selected TV show, it populated the title with portions of the torrent file whereas in version 2, the title field was empty.
I don't know if this is what's preventing version 3 to scrape the data but its the only difference I could find.

Regards,

Dennis

RE: Release 3.0 - perspicacia - 2019-06-03

Loving the new release, however it does not seem to scrape very well from fanart.tv - misses a lot of the artwork - banner, disc etc.

For example added "Happy Death Day 2U" to my movies but it only scraped poster and fanart.  However fanart.tv has banner, logo, clearart, disc, and thumb available

RE: Release 3.0 - myron - 2019-06-03

thx.
Yes, fanart.tv scraper has some issues... in particular case, the TMDB fallback lookup did not work (when IMDB id returns nothing)
Is fixed for next version.

For all others, please do not forget to provide logs - this is the most accurate way of getting  things fixed.
Just check the bug report dialog in menu, and create ZIP file, after reproduction.
Gitlab issue is a plus, but the zip is really mandatory, to see whats going on....

RE: Release 3.0 - Flash3d - 2019-06-05

Don't know if related to V3 but I'm getting the following error when scraping a new episode in TV series:

[tmmpool-unnamed-task-T8-G343] o.t.c.t.tasks.TvShowEpisodeScrapeTask:105 - we cannot scrape (no ID): XXXXX - S01E05

Checked TVDB and episode is available. 

Also when right clicking on random entry and selecting search & scrape  it says: No entry selected

RE: Release 3.0 - perspicacia - 2019-06-06

When scraping TV Show Episodes if a Thumb is not found for an episode if you look under the Details2 tab for that episode it puts the following for the Thumb - http://thetvdb.com/banners/ instead of leaving it blank.

Is there way to force it to leave it blank because then Kodi will automatically create a thumb from a screenshot of the video file, which it won't do if it has "http://thetvdb.com/banners/" in the thumb tag in the nfo

Thanks

RE: Release 3.0 - mlaggner - 2019-06-07

@perspicacia do you have an example? (show/episode)