Kodi Community Forum
Made the switch to Raspverry Pi. Is Titan compatible? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Titan (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=212)
+----- Thread: Made the switch to Raspverry Pi. Is Titan compatible? (/showthread.php?tid=344723)

Made the switch to Raspverry Pi. Is Titan compatible? - jz1276 - 2019-06-16

My 9 yr old Zotac Zbox crapped out & the only skin I've been using for years is Titan. Is there a compatible version of Titan for the Raspberry Pi 3 model B+ running OSMC ? If so, please tell me which one. Thanks, & thanks for creating a great skin!

RE: Made the switch to Raspverry Pi. Is Titan compatible? - cscott1 - 2019-06-17

(2019-06-16, 21:17)jz1276 Wrote: My 9 yr old Zotac Zbox crapped out & the only skin I've been using for years is Titan. Is there a compatible version of Titan for the Raspberry Pi 3 model B+ running OSMC ? If so, please tell me which one. Thanks, & thanks for creating a great skin!

9 years out of a box is impressive. a Raspberry Pi is a lil on underpowered side to run titan well on 1 GB of Ram. I highly recommend you pick up an Nvidia shield 3 GB of Ram if you are looking for a new box to replace your old one. You can of course try it on the Ras Pi if you already have that kit give Bingie a try let us know how it goes. I couldn't get it to run on a MXQ pro 4k with 1 GB of Ram.

RE: Made the switch to Raspverry Pi. Is Titan compatible? - cartman.dos - 2019-06-17

I'd go for a lighter skin... Maybe you can get away with embruary though. If u insist on tryin titan/bingie, try editing the addon.xml file on the skin dir and remove the required import for skin helper service so u could disable it in kodi. I lt will eliminate some features but will maybe be able to run OK.

RE: Made the switch to Raspverry Pi. Is Titan compatible? - jz1276 - 2019-06-18

(2019-06-17, 12:44)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-06-16, 21:17)jz1276 Wrote: My 9 yr old Zotac Zbox crapped out & the only skin I've been using for years is Titan. Is there a compatible version of Titan for the Raspberry Pi 3 model B+ running OSMC ? If so, please tell me which one. Thanks, & thanks for creating a great skin!

9 years out of a box is impressive. a Raspberry Pi is a lil on underpowered side to run titan well on 1 GB of Ram. I highly recommend you pick up an Nvidia shield 3 GB of Ram if you are looking for a new box to replace your old one. You can of course try it on the Ras Pi if you already have that kit give Bingie a try let us know how it goes. I couldn't get it to run on a MXQ pro 4k with 1 GB of Ram.      
  The Zotac Zbox was a great machine. It cost around $500 so I definitely got my $ worth. I'm almost certain the motherboard is no good so the cost to repair it would've been more than replacing it with something new but I can't bring myself to just throw it away lol.

I originally planned on replacing the Zotac with the Nvidia Shield but I've been using a Pi 3 Model A+ in the bedroom for years which runs Kodi very well so I figured the newer Pi 3 B+ would run it even better, which it does. I got the entire Pi set up for less than $50 (the Pi is on sale at Micro Center for $25, the case $6 & a 128GB micro SD card for $14) which is way cheaper than the $200 Shield. The Zotac was able to passthrough DTS-MA / Dolby True HD and run any skin available which I was surprised to learn the Pi won't after setting it up. For the price, size and how silent it is I don't mind though.

RE: Made the switch to Raspverry Pi. Is Titan compatible? - ontap - 2019-06-18

I couldn't;t get titan to run smoothly on a firestick , then tried on a micool bb2  box with 3gb ram , still wouldn't run smoothly , so I would suggest that Rpi would have no chance.

RE: Made the switch to Raspverry Pi. Is Titan compatible? - cscott1 - 2019-06-18

(2019-06-18, 09:00)ontap Wrote: I couldn't;t get titan to run smoothly on a firestick , then tried on a micool bb2  box with 3gb ram , still wouldn't run smoothly , so I would suggest that Rpi would have no chance.
yeah I get the firestick not working but the Micool shouldn't have any problems if set up right I just read the specs on it and it has comparable even better hardware than my Xiaomi Mi Box and it runs Titan fine.

RE: Made the switch to Raspverry Pi. Is Titan compatible? - ontap - 2019-06-18

(2019-06-18, 12:51)cscott1 Wrote:
(2019-06-18, 09:00)ontap Wrote: I couldn't;t get titan to run smoothly on a firestick , then tried on a micool bb2  box with 3gb ram , still wouldn't run smoothly , so I would suggest that Rpi would have no chance.
yeah I get the firestick not working but the Micool shouldn't have any problems if set up right I just read the specs on it and it has comparable even better hardware than my Xiaomi Mi Box and it runs Titan fine. 

I suppose its how you define "running OK " , even on my iMac, with an upgraded ssd, titan just doesn't cut it for me, every time it boots there's a delay while the spotlight loads widgets are a bit sticky when scrolling , just not the skin for me.

RE: Made the switch to Raspverry Pi. Is Titan compatible? - User 436809 - 2019-07-15

I have got Titan to work on my Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ Extremely Smoothly.