Kodi Community Forum
Release Philips Hue Service & Ambilight - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Service Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=152)
+---- Thread: Release Philips Hue Service & Ambilight (/showthread.php?tid=344886)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Philips Hue Service & Ambilight - cw-kid - 2019-08-17

I've not had the problem with the settings being lost either luckily.

RE: Philips Hue Service & Ambilight - Snapcase - 2019-08-25

@cw-kid  Good news then! I was wondering what settings you've ended up using for ambilight?  I'm not sure what default settings are best so I'd like some feedback on that.

I released a new version yesterday, v0.7.11. I had a bunch of bugs making the player state not work properly sometimes so start, pause and stop actions weren't always working as expected. Hopefully that's better now for everyone. If you're using the repo it should have auto updated already, otherwise use the latest link.

RE: Philips Hue Service & Ambilight - cw-kid - 2019-08-26

(2019-08-25, 20:16)Snapcase Wrote: @cw-kid  Good news then! I was wondering what settings you've ended up using for ambilight?  I'm not sure what default settings are best so I'd like some feedback on that.

I released a new version yesterday, v0.7.11. I had a bunch of bugs making the player state not work properly sometimes so start, pause and stop actions weren't always working as expected. Hopefully that's better now for everyone. If you're using the repo it should have auto updated already, otherwise use the latest link.

AmbiLight settings, I'm not sure what all the settings mean and do yet but mine are set as below currently.

Force On - Enabled
Set Brightness on start - Enabled
Brightness - 60%

RGB Blacks filter - 1
Default colour - Do nothing

Number of colours - 1
Update interval - 500ms
Hue transition time - 500ms
Frame capture size - 150
Minimum colour difference - 200

RE: Philips Hue Service & Ambilight - ASDasfasfdasfas - 2019-08-27

(2019-08-17, 21:10)cw-kid Wrote: I've not had the problem with the settings being lost either luckily.

I've not yet tried to install this app by Snapcase but I'm here because koekiemonster's app lost its settings – perhaps it's related?

Sorry to double post, not sure how to edit.

Looks like I also have the 'No categories available' for Hue Service. I'm using an NVidia TV. Any ideas which I've had for 2 days and have only installed a few apps on. Any ideas?

Sorry to double post!

I believe I've fixed it by changing Kodi's language to the same as my Android language. I also disabled a YouTube add-on so that might've been it.

RE: Philips Hue Service & Ambilight - Snapcase - 2019-08-27

Hi @ASDasfasfdasfas 

I only have en-GB supported right now but that's supposed to be the default language. I had some strings in the settings not using the localization system, it might have been causing problems. The latest version fixes that. What language are you using?

Where exactly do you see the error message "No categories available", when you open the settings?

By the way I think you can only edit your posts when your account is a certain age or you've made a certain number of posts so far

@cw-kid I was mostly wondering if you were still using 500 for the interval and transition time. I'm sticking to 100 on my setup, but was wondering if you had tried other settings and what you liked best. Just trying to get feedback to see if there's any tweaks I can make to make the algorithm look better.

RE: Philips Hue Service & Ambilight - cw-kid - 2019-09-03

Anyone else noticed the Schedule having problems lately ? 

I have "Activate during playback at sunset" and "Disable during daylight" both enabled. 

However since the last release or the one before? Now when I play videos during the daytime they Ambilights turn on. 

Thanks

RE: Philips Hue Service & Ambilight - Snapcase - 2019-09-03

Hi

I've been having bugs with that part of the code but its been working in my testing in the latest version. Can you please double check that you're using the latest version (7.1.12) and if so include logs? It wouldn't be surprising it's still a bit broken but nothing obvious jumps out

RE: Philips Hue Service & Ambilight - cw-kid - 2019-09-03

(2019-09-03, 19:21)Snapcase Wrote: Hi

I've been having bugs with that part of the code but its been working in my testing in the latest version. Can you please double check that you're using the latest version (7.1.12) and if so include logs? It wouldn't be surprising it's still a bit broken but nothing obvious jumps out

Hi

it's version 0.7.12

I will try and post a log later

Thanks

RE: Philips Hue Service & Ambilight - Jdcolom - 2019-09-04

Hello, Install the 7.12 add-on version and the Philips Hue does not detect me but if the ip appears it is a rare thing, if you install the original version if it detects me it works. Do you know what I can do? Could a question somehow make the color of the lights be the color of the top of the television? I mean if we reproduce a video the color that comes out on top of the sea the color that takes out the hue bulbs. I have an ambilight and the Philips hue gu10 lights and I wanted the color that the ambilight took on the top to be the same as the Philips gu10 bulbs.

RE: Philips Hue Service & Ambilight - Snapcase - 2019-09-04

Hi JD

I'll need some addon logs to be able to look into the detection/setup better.

This addon doesn't take into account the location of things on the screen or your lights, it only takes the most prominent colour. You'd need to look into systems like boblight for something that advanced

RE: Philips Hue Service & Ambilight - Jdcolom - 2019-09-05

(2019-09-04, 17:13)Snapcase Wrote: [font][font]os de complementos para poder analizar mejor la detección / configur[/font][/font]

Como puedo sacar los registros?

RE: Philips Hue Service & Ambilight - Cinephile - 2019-09-05

@Snapcase

I am not sure if this is related to Hue Service or CinemaVision but sometimes when playing a CV sequence in conjunction with Hue Service it will stop playback and force a system restart during the file transition.

Basically, I have it set so that it plays a Dolby Atmos bumper before the movie starts (which is when Hue Service kicks in to turn off the lights). The audio bumper plays fine but as it transitions to the movie it throws me back into the main menu. If you look at the log file you will see a working sequence (A Quiet Place) and a failed sequence (First Man). It seems to happen randomly and I cannot seem to narrow down the problem. It works a charm without CV though.

Any ideas?

Log

RE: Philips Hue Service & Ambilight - Snapcase - 2019-09-05

@Cinephile 

I've never used CV, but it's the Hue service that's crashing because it can't figure out the duration of these two video files:

Code:
smb://NASDDB2A8/Multimedia/XBMC/Media/TV Shows/American Horror Story/Season 8/s08e08.mkv
C:\Users\Rieche\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.cinemavision\resources\videos\script.cinemavision.dummy_NEXT.mpeg

I can fix the crash but I'm not 100% sure what's happening. It looks like it's failing on a TV episode but working on a Movie. Can you check if it's all TV episodes that fail and movies work or if it's just this particular file? There doesn't seem to be any difference to the hue service between First Man and A Quiet Place but it actually crashes before it reaches either so it was already unhappy before you hit play on A Quiet Place.

I made a test version here which should avoid the crash and give me more logs on the problem: https://github.com/zim514/script.service.hue/releases/tag/v0.7.13dev4
Can you please try manually installing that version from the zip and send new logs, making sure that Kodi is set to debug?

Also there's a log line about bulbs with no colour gamut - this might be perfectly normal if you have white-only lights or non official hue bulbs. It shouldn't be a problem but just want to double check it's expected and not another problem.