Kodi Community Forum
TV output from PC Hz ?? - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Video Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=264)
+--- Thread: TV output from PC Hz ?? (/showthread.php?tid=345079)

TV output from PC Hz ?? - roden - 2019-07-01

Hi all, 

I am totally confused with this at present, i have just switched kodi from a revo 3700 that used to work perfect, then installed kodi on my android tv, but found the menus really sluggish as i am running the Aeon MQ8 skin.

All was working fairly well, so i have now decided to run kodi from my pc to TV using a direct HDMI Link.

Heres where things have gotten strange.

I cannot get a watchable picture unless i set the video out to +1,10 on the gamma and +35 contrast in video out settings. Nvidia. why?

Aso the connection keeps defaulting to 24hz, any other setting and things are unwatchable, massive jumps in frames all over the place, on 24hz its just bearable but still skips.

And then my pc monitor also appears to be running in 24hz, im using the extend option.

I have tried changing all the settings in kodi and on the graphics card out options, nothing seems to help.

What should my settings be?

RE: TV output from PC Hz ?? - Klojum - 2019-07-01

(2019-07-01, 20:53)roden Wrote: but found the menus really sluggish as i am running the Aeon MQ8 skin
TV's do not tend to have the latest CPU/SoC's, so don't expect miracles when installing heavy skins.

(2019-07-01, 20:53)roden Wrote: I cannot get a watchable picture unless i set the video out to +1,10 on the gamma and +35 contrast in video out settings. Nvidia. why?
Certain video rips are not muxed properly, and some simply do have dark scenes, such as in Game of Thrones.

(2019-07-01, 20:53)roden Wrote: Aso the connection keeps defaulting to 24hz, any other setting and things are unwatchable, massive jumps in frames all over the place, on 24hz its just bearable but still skips.
Movies and TV shows just about always use 23.976-24.000 Hz/fps rates, it's a historical thing.

(2019-07-01, 20:53)roden Wrote: And then my pc monitor also appears to be running in 24hz, im using the extend option
I have yet to see a PC monitor to run at 24Hz. It's best to keep your monitor run at 60Hz, Kodi can adapt to that.
Adjust display refresh rate - OFF
Sync playback to display - Enabled

If you're connected to a proper TV:
Adjust display refresh rate - ON
Sync playback to display - Enabled/Disabled (That one is GPU-dependent. Simply test what works better for you.)

RE: TV output from PC Hz ?? - roden - 2019-07-03

ive kinda got it working if i run at 24hz on the tv, but its as though the pc monitor then defaults to that hz as it goes all slow and choppy?.
almost watchable but still skips here and there.

TV output from PC Hz ?? - Klojum - 2019-07-03

To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

RE: TV output from PC Hz ?? - roden - 2019-07-03

huh