Kodi Community Forum
Blur Overlay - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Blur Overlay (/showthread.php?tid=345118)

Pages: 1 2

Blur Overlay - emre.ay - 2019-07-03

Is there any script or a way to get a blur overlay? I don't want to blur fanart. I want a overlay that is about fanart and is blur.
Thanks

RE: Blur Overlay - the_other_guy - 2019-07-03

youwould need an image that is about 75 % transparent

xml:
 <control type="image">
    <top>-320</top>
       <left>-130</left>
       <width>110%</width>
       <height>330</height>
       <texture colordiffuse="330000a8">colors/black.png</texture>
       </control>

RE: Blur Overlay - emre.ay - 2019-07-03

(2019-07-03, 10:15)the_other_guy Wrote: youwould need an image that is about 75 % transparent

xml:
 <control type="image">
    <top>-320</top>
       <left>-130</left>
       <width>110%</width>
       <height>330</height>
       <texture colordiffuse="330000a8">colors/black.png</texture>
       </control>
But this is not blur, it's only transparent?

RE: Blur Overlay - the_other_guy - 2019-07-04

you would need an image (A blured image) that is about 75 % transparent

But this is not blur, it's only transparent? not if 6you use a blured image

RE: Blur Overlay - Hitcher - 2019-07-04

Just to be clear do you want to blur fanart or not?

RE: Blur Overlay - emre.ay - 2019-07-04

(2019-07-04, 07:24)Hitcher Wrote: Just to be clear do you want to blur fanart or not?
I don't want to blur the fanart. I want to blur Listitems maybe or listbackgrounds.

RE: Blur Overlay - jjd-uk - 2019-07-04

I'm not sure if we are still any clearer on exactly what you want.

So taking Confluence as an example using this image

You do not want an overlay over the full fanart image? so the fanart can clearly be seen as a background as in that Confluence example outside of the ListItems, so mainly as the top part of that Confleunce image.

You only want to display the texture for the the ListItem groups? is this to blur the fanart only in that area to make the ListItem labels more readable? so in the Confluence example this would be the equivalent of the 2 texture boxes with one of the left having the list of episodes and the one on the right having episode details for the selected episode.

RE: Blur Overlay - emre.ay - 2019-07-05

(2019-07-04, 12:19)jjd-uk Wrote: I'm not sure if we are still any clearer on exactly what you want.

So taking Confluence as an example using this image

You do not want an overlay over the full fanart image? so the fanart can clearly be seen as a background as in that Confluence example outside of the ListItems, so mainly as the top part of that Confleunce image.

You only want to display the texture for the the ListItem groups? is this to blur the fanart only in that area to make the ListItem labels more readable? so in the Confluence example this would be the equivalent of the 2 texture boxes with one of the left having the list of episodes and the one on the right having episode details for the selected episode.
It's going to the right way. I want to have the background of the list to be blur. Maybe with or without fanart behind. It can also be a video behind and infront a blur layer.

RE: Blur Overlay - Hitcher - 2019-07-05

You might be able to something with the fanart/back using the colorbox script but you won't be able to do it for video.

RE: Blur Overlay - emre.ay - 2019-07-05

(2019-07-05, 17:18)Hitcher Wrote: You might be able to something with the fanart/back using the colorbox script but you won't be able to do it for video.
How can I make that with a layer that don't full cover the fanart

RE: Blur Overlay - Hitcher - 2019-07-05

I don't know I've never used it myself so best ask in its thread.

RE: Blur Overlay - jurialmunkey - 2019-07-07

(2019-07-05, 21:10)emre.ay Wrote:
(2019-07-05, 17:18)Hitcher Wrote: You might be able to something with the fanart/back using the colorbox script but you won't be able to do it for video.
How can I make that with a layer that don't full cover the fanart

Generate a blurred version of the fanart with colorbox and then use a diffuse to mask the areas that you don't want blurred. Overlay the blurred fanart over the top of the normal fanart.

RE: Blur Overlay - jurialmunkey - 2019-07-07

Proof of concept:

RE: Blur Overlay - Hitcher - 2019-07-07

Clever.

RE: Blur Overlay - emre.ay - 2019-07-10

(2019-07-07, 13:33)jurialmunkey Wrote: Proof of concept:

Can you show me your code for this work? This would be very helpful Smile