Kodi Community Forum
Solved Issue with grouplist within another grouplist - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Solved Issue with grouplist within another grouplist (/showthread.php?tid=345632)

Issue with grouplist within another grouplist - echo - 2019-07-24

Hello,
Are grouplists within other grouplists generally supported?

I have hit a bit of a wall that I can't seem to resolve. So I am working on the widgets for my home screen. My main menu is just a panel at the top within the main vertical grouplist so that the entire page would scroll up/down as you navigate the various panels. I have a horizontal grouplist (with a couple of panels in them) below my menu that becomes visible in case there are resumeable items.

The problem is, once I navigate down and reach the horizontal grouplist, it doesn't allow me to navigate further downwards, but I can go back up. I have tried various onup/ondown options but cant get it to work. All controls do have IDs set. When the horizontal grouplist is not visible, no issue going all the way down. Likewise no issue if the horizontal group is the last at the bottom. So basically the horizontal just blocks any further downward movement in the vertical grouplist.

The page is a mod of the widgets menu found in the default skin. So the includes are basically the same as in Estuary. If it helps, please see the code here: https://pastebin.com/GG8vRuR2

Also, just to throw it out there, I know it's been requested before, it's a shame that you can't mix movies and and tv shows in one smartplaylist. It would be great to have one widget/panel with, for example, resumeable movies and episodes, as opposed to having to create multiple panels. Hopefully one day. I know this can be achieved with skin helper addon but smartplaylists are much faster to update.

RE: Issue with grouplist within another grouplist - jurialmunkey - 2019-07-24

(2019-07-24, 11:36)echo Wrote: Are grouplists within other grouplists generally supported?
Yes you can use grouplists inside grouplists - but as you are finding, it can be tricky to get them to behave properly.

(2019-07-24, 11:36)echo Wrote: The problem is, once I navigate down and reach the horizontal grouplist, it doesn't allow me to navigate further downwards, but I can go back up. I have tried various onup/ondown options but cant get it to work. All controls do have IDs set. When the horizontal grouplist is not visible, no issue going all the way down. Likewise no issue if the horizontal group is the last at the bottom. So basically the horizontal just blocks any further downward movement in the vertical grouplist.
What does WidgetListBanner look like?
You could try wrapping either the nested grouplist or its two lists inside normal group controls. Sometimes that can force the onup/ondown to be recognised properly.

It's difficult to determine the problem without seeing the full code.

(2019-07-24, 11:36)echo Wrote: Also, just to throw it out there, I know it's been requested before, it's a shame that you can't mix movies and and tv shows in one smartplaylist. It would be great to have one widget/panel with, for example, resumeable movies and episodes, as opposed to having to create multiple panels. Hopefully one day. I know this can be achieved with skin helper addon but smartplaylists are much faster to update.
You can use two different smart playlists together. From Leia on you can use multiple content tags in a list
<content target="videos">path/to/first/playlist</content>
<content target="videos">path/to/second/playlist</content>

Seeing as you are using includes for your widgets, you would just need to add an additional content path to the include.
e.g.
<content sortby="$PARAM[sortby]" sortorder="$PARAM[sortorder]" target="$PARAM[widget_target]" limit="$PARAM[widget_limit]">$PARAM[content_path2]</content>

Then you can just pass that through like your normal content path:
e.g.
<param name="content_path" value="path/to/first/playlist" />
<param name="content_path2" value="path/to/second/playlist" />

RE: Issue with grouplist within another grouplist - echo - 2019-07-24

(2019-07-24, 12:07)jurialmunkey Wrote: You could try wrapping either the nested grouplist or its two lists inside normal group controls. Sometimes that can force the onup/ondown to be recognised properly.
That works! Wrapping the horizontal grouplist inside a standard group and adding onup/down forces the navigation to work. I must have tried everything but that Shocked
But being able to combine two playlists in one panel is awesome and even better and simplifies what I was trying to do. Thank you jurialmunkey, I appreciate it!

Am I right in assuming that in the resultant panel (the contents from multiple playlists) the items cannot be "mixed" sorted, but are basically sorted by the order the playlists are called in? From a quick test (two playlists, resumable movies, resumable episodes) the result is always movies first then episodes, even though sortby="lastplayed" sortorder="descending" is set everywhere, only because the movies playlist is specified first?

Thanks again.

Issue with grouplist within another grouplist - jurialmunkey - 2019-07-24

Yep the two content paths will always display one after the other - not possible to mix them without using some sort of helper plugin that combines content.