Kodi Community Forum
duplicates in music library - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Music Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=263)
+--- Thread: duplicates in music library (/showthread.php?tid=345778)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: duplicates in music library - BikerDude - 2019-07-31

Woww. Thank you all for your time and support in this mater. you do not know how much i appreciate your help this. My objective seemed simple enough looking at the youtube. videos.  What I wanted to achieve was to eliminate the track number for each song so when i fort them The number would not influence the sort criteria. So I used music brains picard to cluster all my files and eliminate the track number.  I Probably screwed all up by doing this This is what probably screwed everything up. so at the time I copied the music files from my backup NAS to the main NAS hopin that it would fix this (to no Avail) 

What I will do now is stew on this for a while whilst i learn more about Picard and MBID and then attempt you you @DaveBlake recommended.

Thank you all once again

RE: duplicates in music library - DaveBlake - 2019-07-31

No need for the long quotes when you reply (so I edited the post).
It is my secret mission in life to improve the quality of music file tagging one user at a time.... Rolleyes

Quote:What I wanted to achieve was to eliminate the track number for each song so when i fort them The number would not influence the sort criteria
I don't quite understand what you were trying to do, Kodi will sort on other things you don't have to remove the track number. Songs on an album, even if you only have some of the tracks,  need a track number.

Anyway it does sound like you made a mess one way or another. Go back to Picard, do add script setting option to get ALBUMARTISTS I mentioned, and do some retagging.

But that still doesn't explain the "lbum artist" and "lbu" artist names. I have traced that down to 43 files but can't see which is the corrupted ones within that, (but I have suspicions it was Fausto Papetti).  So for you to check the tagging (more closely)
PHP Code:
Z:\Blue Oyster Cult\Burnin' for You.mp3
Z:\Elton John\Border Song.mp3
Z:\Elton John\First Episode at Hienton.mp3
Z:\Elton John\The Greatest Discovery.mp3
Z:\Elton John\The King Must Die.mp3
Z:\Elton John\Your Song.mp3
Z:\Elton John\Take Me to the Pilot (BBC session).mp3
Z:\Elton John\Philadelphia Freedom.mp3
Z:\Fausto Papetti\Adagio di Albinoni.mp3
Z:\Fausto Papetti\Andante (Da _Rhapsody in Blue_).mp3
Z:\Fausto Papetti\Dedicato a te.flac
Z:\Fausto Papetti\Eternamente (Dal film _Luci della ribalta_).mp3
Z:\Fausto Papetti\I Just Can'
t Stop Loving You.mp3
Z
:\Fausto Papetti\In the Mood.mp3
Z
:\Fausto Papetti\La bamba.mp3
Z
:\Fausto Papetti\La canzone di Orfeo (Dal film _Orfeo negro_).flac
Z
:\Fausto Papetti\Les Parapluies de Cherbourg.mp3
Z
:\Jefferson Airplane\Crazy Miranda.mp3
Z
:\Jefferson Airplane\Feel So Good.mp3
Z
:\Jefferson Airplane\Law Man.mp3
Z
:\Jefferson Airplane\Never Argue With a German If You're Tired or European Song.mp3
Z:\Jefferson Airplane\Rock and Roll Island.mp3
Z:\Jefferson Airplane\Third Week in the Chelsea.mp3
Z:\Jefferson Airplane\Thunk.mp3
Z:\Jefferson Airplane\War Movie.mp3
Z:\Jefferson Airplane\When the Earth Moves Again.mp3
Z:\Jefferson Airplane\Wild Turkey.mp3
Z:\Jefferson Airplane\White Rabbit.mp3
Z:\Jefferson Airplane\Watch Her Ride.mp3
Z:\Jefferson Airplane\Up or Down.mp3
Z:\Jefferson Airplane\Star Track.mp3
Z:\Jefferson Airplane\The Other Side of This Life.mp3
Z:\Jefferson Airplane\Thing.mp3
Z:\Jefferson Airplane\Share a Little Joke.mp3
Z:\Jefferson Starship\Devil'
s Den.mp3
Z
:\Kenny Dorham\Afrodisia.mp3
Z
:\Kenny Dorham\Lotus Flower.mp3
Z
:\Kenny Dorham\Buffalo.mp3
Z
:\Kenny Dorham\Afrodisia.mp3
Z
:\Kenny Dorham\Lotus Flower.mp3
Z
:\Tina Brooks\Back to the Tracks.mp3
Z
:\Us3\Cantaloop (Flip Fantasia).mp3
Z
:\Wayne Shorter\Adam's Apple.mp3 

You will need to sort out all the tagging then remove the music source and completely clean the music library (from settings>media>library and scroll down to music section). Then start again popluating the library.

Now I think I understand how you ended up with many duplicate entries (that Kodi can't remove because the file they both point at still exists). The files you restored from backup had tags that were cruically different from those on the edited version that Kodi created new db entries for them.

Make good use of your time and patience fixing those tags and start afresh. Smile

RE: duplicates in music library - BikerDude - 2019-08-05

Hello 

Since i cleaned all my shared folders

would it not be simpler to delete all kodi folders in appdata/kodi and uninstall kodi. Then reinstall kodi and let it build new db and user data?

RE: duplicates in music library - DaveBlake - 2019-08-05

Sigh, no one needed my slab of text and list of  files to fix requoting @BikerDude . I edited your post to remove, but could you just only quote previous posts when necessary.

To empty the music library you could just delete the mymusic72.db file, when Kodi restarts it will create an empty one (providing there are no previous db versions lying about). There is no need or reason to uninstall Kodi itself.

RE: duplicates in music library - BikerDude - 2019-08-06

excellent thank you i will delete the db file and restart kodi as suggested . thank you

RE: duplicates in music library - BikerDude - 2019-08-07

Hello all

Following the uninstall of kodi from my HTPC I deleted the KODI folder in the user appdata /roaming and deleted all files for the recycle bin. I rebooted the HTPC.
I reinstalled kodi
and rebuilt (added to ) the libraries

now under music artist i have all 575 artists this matches my music shared folder contents.

and i can play any artist

yest when i go to music songs i should see all 3974 tracks i have. Yet Kodi only shows me 75 tracks

IN addition (not related to music) I found the same problem in the tv shows section of KODI. ONe show had 1 season and 13 episodes. Yet KODI presented 26 episodes. The TV SHOWS shared drive and the tv show sub folder only presented 13 episodes.

I installed jriver and loaded the files and no duplicates were found and 3971 files present (it did not recognise 3 playlists)

Having deleted all userdata i presume that when i re-installed kodi, it would create a new userdata with no reference to the old one.

Hence i do not klnow where to turn to mow or what to do

Thank you for your intervention

RE: duplicates in music library - Karellen - 2019-08-07

(2019-08-07, 23:03)BikerDude Wrote: I found the same problem in the tv shows section of KODI. ONe show had 1 season and 13 episodes. Yet KODI presented 26 episodes.
Can you create a new thread for that in the Metadata sub-forum. Any speak of movies and tv shows here and @DaveBlake will enter a state of cardiac arrest Wink

Remove the show from the library. Then create a Debug Log which captures the scrape back into the library. Post in your new thread.

I guess daveblake will want the same with the music problem also.

RE: duplicates in music library - DaveBlake - 2019-08-07

@BikerDude I'm away a couple of days, but what I will need to see is your new MyMusic72.db that will give me most information. Do what you did last time to provide it. Seeing all the artists but not all the songs sounds very odd, sure you were not filtering somewhoe?

Meanwhile no heart attack, but any video library issues will need raising elsewhere.

RE: duplicates in music library - BikerDude - 2019-08-11

Hello all

Here is an update
[OBSCURED LINK]

I decided to fix the KODI environment on my development laptop, once this is fixed i will copy the USERDATA folder onto the other PC and on the HTPC so all will have the same information
 to achieve this : 
I deleted mymusic72.db from the database folder in the kodi userdatta subdirectory
I cleared the music library in kodi and removed the music files from KOdi
I perused my music shared folder to ensure that no duplicate are to be found
Using  musicbrainz i loaded the music files and tried to fix most of the issues such as Ibum artist, artist with cyrillic names (this helped me re learn how ro read cyrillic orfan songs. I still need to fix all the various artist compilations i have
I imported into songdirector and in MC Jriver my library in in both i have 3.9+K songs in 990 albums from 576 artists
I re imported the music folders into KOdi

Now I only read 119 songs when I look into the song category of music,  66 artists and 34 albums

I have copied the log and the db in this msg

Thank you for your help

RE: duplicates in music library - DaveBlake - 2019-08-11

@BikerDude taking a look at the DB I can see nothing significantly wrong. You have some multiple artists that you have not given Kodi the taga data to be able to separate e.g. "Franz Bauer - Theussl & Wierner Volksopernoechestrer", and not sure how "The Dream Concert: Live from the Great Pyramids of Egypt - Yanni" is an artist but it will be a tagging issue.

The other link was a stacktrace, this has no use to me at all. A debug log file, created while Kodi was scanning the music source into the library might show something. That will be called kodi.log (located in the userdata folder) but you will need to turn debug logging on first and then scan the source into library before uploading it or the log file won't contain anything useful either.

My best guess so far is that you simply have not scanned all the music files into the library. I wonder if somehow in your tag editing you have set the file or folder permissions such that Kodi can not access all the music files. That would be one explanation, and it has happened to users before. Comparing your old db with your new I can see just in the "A"s  that the following folders are missing

"Z:\Ace of Base\"
"Z:\Adele\"
"Z:\Aerosmith\"
"Z:\Aisha Duo\"
"Z:\Alanis Morissette\"
"Z:\Alexandra Burke\"
"Z:\America\"
"Z:\Andrea Guerra\"
"Z:\Angie Stone\"
"Z:\Annie Lennox\"
"Z:\Antonello Venditti & Francesco De Gregori\"
"Z:\Antonio Vivaldi\"
"Z:\Ariel Ramírez; José Carreras\"

Anything you can spot in permissions on those compared to "Z:\ABBA\", "Z:\Andrea Bocelli\", "Z:\Andy Williams\" ?

Otherwise try to generate a debug log and I will see if that shows something. Turn debug on, rescan the music source using "scan to library" from the context menu when looking at music sources saying yes when asked "Do full tag scan even when music files are unchanged?".

RE: duplicates in music library - BikerDude - 2019-08-11

Thank you dave for being ever so patient with me. 

I finally Gave up on all the editing and alignments. I found an old 3tb disk which had all my media from last year on it. I decided to load this disk on to the NAS and guess what ...now kodi shows 3491 records wha whoo .

Thank you all once again

RE: duplicates in music library - BikerDude - 2019-08-13

Hello all

Following the copy of my old drive to my nas I verified the number of files in the music files section and it does show 3561 records. When I load this records to the library with the SCAN to library function I end up with 4887 records (this is the log I entered here) 

I selectively edidit the mymusic72 DB to see what would happen.

I got the records down to 4500 records but when i updated the the library I came up with 4887. From what i can see, there is no logic or repetition to the duplications it seams to be totally randome.

In looking at the db i do not see any pattern.

there are no duplicates in my files reflecting the artist /album/ track as shown in the DB

ONce again I deleted the Kodi userdata folder and re loaded the libraries. Hence it is not due to a corrupted db file

i am really out of option and i do not know what else to do

theank you in advance for all your help

https://ufile.io/z9o2ghdk
https://ufile.io/ywel68lo

RE: duplicates in music library - black_eagle - 2019-08-13

@BikerDude It's a tagging issue.  Unless of course you have managed somehow to get 4 copies of 'Watermark' by Enya in the same directory with the same file names.  I'm guessing not.

So, some of the tracks don't have a musicbrainz albumID at all.  Some are tagged with 'b2b0545d-d123-4e79-b02b-91b81bb2657c' - That's a 13 track version while you appear to have only 12 tracks (Morning Glory is the extra track on that album).

There is also 'f65cccba-f726-445c-8d1f-e324e5ab779f' which is an 11 track version (no Storms in Africa II), and 'b3b587a4-73c0-4d30-ab9a-1dcfe0331a69' which would appear to be correct.  However, because some files are either not tagged at all or have different albumID's, Kodi adds the album four times, once for the no MBID and once each for the three different MBID's.

Fix the tags properly and the rest will just follow.  I know it's a pain to do, but you only have to do it once. It is important that you get the tags right, otherwise, as you can see, Kodi will struggle to match everything up correctly.  Picard will do much of it automatically, by clustering and matching albums, but if an album doesn't have the little gold disc to say it's all correct, right click on the album title and choose 'other versions' to find the one with the right number of tracks (for instance) and drag and drop the tracks until the indicator goes gold and the two numbers (eg. 12/12; 1 image) match.  Then save it.

If you want a bad analogy, building Kodi's music library is like building a house.  If you start with bad foundations (tags), it'll fall down sooner or later.

RE: duplicates in music library - Karellen - 2019-08-13

Just to confirm what black_eagle has stated.

A quick look at your DB and there are just soooo many duplicates in Songs. Albums are the same with lots of duplicates. And Artists is a mess.

Are you sure you have run these through MusicBrainz Picard? Do you have the correct settings as shown in 4.2 & 4.3 https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging#Tagging There still remains a lot of errors that appeared in the previous DB you uploaded. You state that you deleted the Userdata folder and started again, but it is so hard to see how that is possible with the amount of carry-over from the previous database you provided. To me it looks like the same database with more entries in it.

Also, don't set your whole z drive as the Source. Kodi is scanning everything on that drive- thumbnails, itunes mobile applications, etc Create z:\Music and place all your albums in there. Better still, break it up into more sources. Read here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Music_tagging#Folder_and_File_Structure

As stated previously, I think you should leave the database alone.

RE: duplicates in music library - DaveBlake - 2019-08-14

@BikerDude I am losing track of what you have done. Have you retagged your music files consistently using Picard? From the most recent music db it clearly seems not. Your probelm is your tagging and no amount of messing with the db directly will fix that, so just don't mess with it!

You have managed to get 3 copies of the same music files into the library, that has to be a first!!!. I think it has something to do with scanning files with and then without mbid tags (thus conning Kodi into thinking they are different things) somewhere in restoring media files from backup and editing tags, but I haven't managed to repeat this trick myself. For example Eagles "Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975" you have 3 entries: one without mbid, one release 3636ccf5-c0c2-41e2-be52-9ccde1d3167e and the other a636b16c-01ba-416a-b04c-b3ed41280753 and copies of every song on each version of the album all pointing at the same music files.

All the garbled artists e.g. "lbum Artist" that you had when we first started discussion are back too, along with garbage like "www.music.pbtone.com" and "[ahashare.com]sounds FLAC ¤¤¤¤¤¤ TFM ¤¤¤¤¤ ¤¤¤ 2018 ¤¤¤"

Sort out your tagging, like I thought you had a few posts back, and then start with an empty library. The installation of Kodi is fine, but you need new userdata especially mymusic72.db.

Also follow the source advice given by @Karellen, put your consistently tagged music in a folder (or more)  and use those that could reduce some of the garbled things that are being picked up in your most recent attempts.

We will endevour to get you sorted out @BikerDude