Kodi Community Forum
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners (/showthread.php?tid=345847)

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - Edworld - 2020-02-21

Is this something you can add to your project?

https://letterboxd.com/api-beta/

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-02-21

(2020-02-21, 06:43)Edworld Wrote: Is this something you can add to your project?

What's the advantage/benefit of this website over tmdb and trakt? Does it provide other features that those two don't? - it gets all its data from TMDb, so I'm assuming that there are social features that tmdb doesn't have. I don't use it, so I'm just curious about what it has to offer

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-02-21

(2020-02-21, 01:09)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-02-21, 01:01)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-02-21, 00:24)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey , unfortunately, it is not.  I even deleted simplecache.db to ensure that nothing was cached.  I am still getting yesterday's shows for today.

Regards,

Bart
It's working correctly for me now but I may just be lucky in terms of timezones.

By yesterday's shows do you mean the date in ListItem.Premiered is showing yesterday's date? Or do you mean the date being shown correctly matches today's date but it should actually be yesterday's date?

Basically I'm trying to figure out if the issue you are encountering is with the date conversion (i.e. dates/times being converted to the wrong values) or filtering method (i.e. dates/times are correct but items are not in the correct folder).

@jurialmunkey, if I select Today, I get shows with air date of 19/2/2020. They are the correct shows for that date.

Regards,

Bart

Okay, I think I may have finally fixed the issue (I hope!). Can you test and confirm?

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - bsoriano - 2020-02-21

(2020-02-21, 09:15)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-02-21, 01:09)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-02-21, 01:01)jurialmunkey Wrote: It's working correctly for me now but I may just be lucky in terms of timezones.

By yesterday's shows do you mean the date in ListItem.Premiered is showing yesterday's date? Or do you mean the date being shown correctly matches today's date but it should actually be yesterday's date?

Basically I'm trying to figure out if the issue you are encountering is with the date conversion (i.e. dates/times being converted to the wrong values) or filtering method (i.e. dates/times are correct but items are not in the correct folder).

@jurialmunkey, if I select Today, I get shows with air date of 19/2/2020. They are the correct shows for that date.

Regards,

Bart    

Okay, I think I may have finally fixed the issue (I hope!). Can you test and confirm?    
@jurialmunkey , thanks! Now it is showing the shows for the correct day.  However, I still have the issue of not all shows being shown.  Like for example, for today, I look at my trakt.tv calendar and I am missing, from the episodes listed by the addon for today, Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector and Star Wars: The Clone Wars.  Might this have something to do with the : in the title?

And this seems to happen for every date, as I was browsing in the addon the shows for tomorrow and the next few days, and for some days it does not show anything, while for others there are shows missing.  I have shows for every single day of the week.

For Sunday, I should have 16 episodes show up, but the addon doesn't show anything at all (not even the .. that lets me know it did not find anyhting).  

Here is a log with debug logging turned on for the addon.  I browse Today, and Sunday. https://pastebin.com/0fB9JUHr

Is there any additional info that you would like me to provide? 

Regards,

Bart

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - Edworld - 2020-02-21

(2020-02-21, 07:20)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-02-21, 06:43)Edworld Wrote: Is this something you can add to your project?

What's the advantage/benefit of this website over tmdb and trakt? Does it provide other features that those two don't? - it gets all its data from TMDb, so I'm assuming that there are social features that tmdb doesn't have. I don't use it, so I'm just curious about what it has to offer

Additional ratings from fans in new zealand

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-02-22

@bsoriano Thanks for the debug log. Clone Wars and Lincoln Rhyme are both matching properly with kodi library, so the ":" doesn't appear to be causing issues. Mismatched titles would have been my first guess too, but it doesn't appear to be the problem.

Can you download this testing branch and get me a new debug log? I've added some extra logging which hopefully will give a better indication of what is happening. https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/tree/nextaired-testing

Also, can you tell me which episodes/shows should be displaying.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - bsoriano - 2020-02-22

(2020-02-22, 01:21)jurialmunkey Wrote: @bsoriano Thanks for the debug log. Clone Wars and Lincoln Rhyme are both matching properly with kodi library, so the ":" doesn't appear to be causing issues. Mismatched titles would have been my first guess too, but it doesn't appear to be the problem.

Can you download this testing branch and get me a new debug log? I've added some extra logging which hopefully will give a better indication of what is happening. https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/tree/nextaired-testing

Also, can you tell me which episodes/shows should be displaying.
@jurialmunkey , I downloaded the testing branch and redid the same test: Today and Sunday.

Here is the log: https://pastebin.com/twDBw5mQ

The episodes I should get today are: Star Wars: The Clone Wars 7x01, Harley Quinn 1x13, Babylon Berlin 3x09, Babylon Berlin 3x10, One Day At Disney 1x12 and Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector 1x06.

The addon did not show me Lincoln Rhyme.

The episodes I should get for Sunday are: Endeavour 7x03, Batwoman 1x13, Outlander 5x02, American Idol 18x02, Better Call Saul 5x01, The Outsider 1x08, Supergirl 5x13, Homeland 8x03, The Walking Dead 10x09, Worst Cooks in America 18x08, Bob's Burgers 10x13, Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist 1x03, The Rookie 2x11, Dare Me 1x08, Good Girls 3x02 and Avenue 5 1x06.

The addon did not show anything for Sunday.

Please let me know if you need me to send additional info, and thank you for working to track this down.

Regards,

Bart

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-02-22

@bsoriano - Can you test the latest commit I just pushed to the "nextaired-testing" branch? I'm hoping this will fix things.
If it still has problems, can you get me another log but turn OFF the TMDbHelper logging

The TMDbHelper log setting just adds extra details about kodi db matching, but it looks like the matches are working properly so I don't need that extra logging any more. I'm fairly certain the issue is with dates/timezone conversion not capturing the correct range of episodes from trakt (especially since Better Call Saul is correctly showing for me).

Also, thanks for your patience with all this testing! I'm sure we'll get there soon!

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - bsoriano - 2020-02-22

(2020-02-22, 04:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: @bsoriano - Can you test the latest commit I just pushed to the "nextaired-testing" branch? I'm hoping this will fix things.
If it still has problems, can you get me another log but turn OFF the TMDbHelper logging

The TMDbHelper log setting just adds extra details about kodi db matching, but it looks like the matches are working properly so I don't need that extra logging any more. I'm fairly certain the issue is with dates/timezone conversion not capturing the correct range of episodes from trakt (especially since Better Call Saul is correctly showing for me).

Also, thanks for your patience with all this testing! I'm sure we'll get there soon!
@jurialmunkey , this is much better, thanks! For Today it is showing me all episodes correctly, and now for Sunday it shows me almost all of them.  I am missing Outlander, Better Call Saul and Endeavour only.

Here is the log: https://pastebin.com/3CZMts6v

Regards,

Bart

(2020-02-22, 05:12)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-02-22, 04:15)jurialmunkey Wrote: @bsoriano - Can you test the latest commit I just pushed to the "nextaired-testing" branch? I'm hoping this will fix things.

@jurialmunkey , this is much better, thanks! For Today it is showing me all episodes correctly, and now for Sunday it shows me almost all of them.  I am missing Outlander, Better Call Saul and Endeavour only.

Regards,

Bart

Okay, getting there!

And you're sure that these episodes aren't mistakenly showing in one of the neighbouring days?

Because they aren't showing in the log at all - which means either my date range capture for Trakt is not wide enough (which seems odd since 24hrs on either side should be enough) or they aren't matching kodi db.

Can you test latest in nextaired-testing branch again and see if that fixes it. Just in-case it is the base range, I've widened the it by another day to now be 2 days on either side.

If that doesn't work, then can you get another log with the TMDbHelper debug logging turned ON this time. If the expanded date range doesn't help and they aren't mistakenly in a neighbouring day, then it must be a library matching issue for the ones left over.

(2020-02-22, 05:47)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-02-22, 05:12)bsoriano Wrote:

Regards,

Bart 

Okay, getting there!

And you're sure that these episodes aren't mistakenly showing in one of the neighbouring days?

Because they aren't showing in the log at all - which means either my date range capture for Trakt is not wide enough (which seems odd since 24hrs on either side should be enough) or they aren't matching kodi db.

Can you test latest in nextaired-testing branch again and see if that fixes it. Just in-case it is the base range, I've widened the it by another day to now be 2 days on either side.

If that doesn't work, then can you get another log with the TMDbHelper debug logging turned ON this time. If the expanded date range doesn't help and they aren't mistakenly in a neighbouring day, then it must be a library matching issue for the ones left over. 
@jurialmunkey , the episodes were not in a neighbouring day.  I did a new test, testing for Tomorrow (Sunday) and Monday. Same result as before for Sunday, and missing Better Call Saul for Monday.

Here is the log: https://pastebin.com/UZ4bHZ8p

Regards,

Bart

(2020-02-22, 15:06)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-02-22, 05:47)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-02-22, 05:12)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey , this is much better, thanks! For Today it is showing me all episodes correctly, and now for Sunday it shows me almost all of them.  I am missing Outlander, Better Call Saul and Endeavour only.

Regards,

Bart 

Okay, getting there!

@jurialmunkey , the episodes were not in a neighbouring day.  I did a new test, testing for Tomorrow (Sunday) and Monday. Same result as before for Sunday, and missing Better Call Saul for Monday.

Regards,

Bart

Yeah Better Call Saul is not matching with your library.

Most likely the year matching issue. Latest master version has matching without year - probably better to get the occasional false positive than to miss shows.

If it still doesn't work, then there's nothing I can do about it because it means the title in your library doesn't match the title on trakt.

(2020-02-22, 16:12)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-02-22, 15:06)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-02-22, 05:47)jurialmunkey Wrote: Okay, getting there!

Regards,

Bart 

Most likely the year matching issue. Latest master version has matching without year - probably better to get the occasional false positive than to miss shows.

If it still doesn't work, then there's nothing I can do about it because it means the title in your library doesn't match the title on trakt. 
@jurialmunkey , thanks!! Now I get ll of the shows, including Better Call Saul. Smile

For some days there is an N/A episode shown.  I guess there is something in trakt.tv that does not match anything in tmdb? If this is not something you want to look into, no worries.  I can live with that, now I can use this as a widget daily.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Bart

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-02-23

(2020-02-22, 17:00)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-02-22, 16:12)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-02-22, 15:06)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey , the episodes were not in a neighbouring day.  I did a new test, testing for Tomorrow (Sunday) and Monday. Same result as before for Sunday, and missing Better Call Saul for Monday.

Regards,

Bart 

@jurialmunkey , thanks!! Now I get ll of the shows, including Better Call Saul. Smile

For some days there is an N/A episode shown.  I guess there is something in trakt.tv that does not match anything in tmdb? If this is not something you want to look into, no worries.  I can live with that, now I can use this as a widget daily.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Bart
Either TMDb is lagging behind in its syncing with TVDb and so doesn't have the info yet, or Trakt doesn't have a TMDb ID for that show so the look-up is failing.

I've added some basic fallback info from Trakt and a double-checks that Trakt has the TMDB ID
Can you test latest master and see if it helps with the missing info?

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - xpronic - 2020-02-27

I'm having trouble getting tmdb helper to play the next episodes from Saga of Tanya the Evil, In/Spectre, and Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector using the Your Next Episodes widget. For other tv shows it's working fine for the content I have in my library. I'm using the tmdb scraper for my video sources, which are from 6 differrent folders shared from my Windows 10 PC: 4K TV Shows, 4K Movies, Kids, TV Shows, Anime, Movies.

Kodi Log