Kodi Community Forum
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners (/showthread.php?tid=345847)

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-03-13

(2020-03-13, 21:09)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Hi jurialmunkey!

This isn't only an issue with your plugin but anything that loads when DialogVideoInfo is opened. The fps drop to ~25fps.

The FPS stays low until either scrolling many pages, exiting windows like going back to the home screen from MyVideoNav, or opening a new window like the one I have for displaying fullscreen fanart.

I think it is an old Kodi bug involving a threading issue where loading the plugin content throttles the rendering somehow... Huh It may even be Microsoft Windows specific but not sure.

When I disable loading of content paths that use plugins the problem disappears.

Any ideas how to mitigate it on the skinning side?

Thanks
I'm not sure sorry. I can't say that I've been specifically aware of this issue but now that you mention it it does seem to happen with plugin content in info dialog. I don't really have any ideas though as to how to mitigate it - it's probably something that needs to be fixed in core.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - Rijs43 - 2020-03-15

(2020-03-13, 21:50)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-13, 20:19)Rijs43 Wrote: @jurialmunkey - I am using themoviedb player in combination with AuraMod and Emby Addon. Some movies in my library works for lets say 'TMDB Trending This Week', others are not working however available in my Emby library.

I have tested also with Estuary and Embuary but same issue.

When opening context menu from widget, some movies are showing option 'Emby Play' others which are in my Library do not show the option 'Emby Play'.

Emby play context menu has nothing to do with this addon - that context menu is provided by emby. The only context menu items this addon provides are add/remove from trakt watchlist/history/collection and add to library, browse season and play using.

I would need full debug log (including tmdbhelper debugging turned on), details about exact steps of what is attempting to be played, and a copy of the player being used to diagnose why some items cannot be played.

Hi jurialmunkey, I got it to work and recognize my movies. However when opening information dialoge for a movie and hit play, nothing happens. I have to show the context menu and go to Play With Emby, then everything works except the play button.

I am using AuraMod as skin, but tried also in Estuary, Embycon and arctic zephyr 2 and all are showing the same behaviour.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - Rijs43 - 2020-03-16

(2020-03-15, 00:27)Rijs43 Wrote:
(2020-03-13, 21:50)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-13, 20:19)Rijs43 Wrote: @jurialmunkey - I am using themoviedb player in combination with AuraMod and Emby Addon. Some movies in my library works for lets say 'TMDB Trending This Week', others are not working however available in my Emby library.

I have tested also with Estuary and Embuary but same issue.

When opening context menu from widget, some movies are showing option 'Emby Play' others which are in my Library do not show the option 'Emby Play'.

Emby play context menu has nothing to do with this addon - that context menu is provided by emby. The only context menu items this addon provides are add/remove from trakt watchlist/history/collection and add to library, browse season and play using.

I would need full debug log (including tmdbhelper debugging turned on), details about exact steps of what is attempting to be played, and a copy of the player being used to diagnose why some items cannot be played.

Hi jurialmunkey, I got it to work and recognize my movies. However when opening information dialoge for a movie and hit play, nothing happens. I have to show the context menu and go to Play With Emby, then everything works except the play button.

I am using AuraMod as skin, but tried also in Estuary, Embycon and arctic zephyr 2 and all are showing the same behaviour.

Hi Jurialmunkey, did you had the chanse to look into this?

Thanks

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - Edworld - 2020-03-18

im getting this error:

unauthorized 401 error -omdb

API returned 401 unauthorized error. 

I have a valid OMDb key

This happened using horizon arctic

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - nessus - 2020-03-21

Hi @jurialmunkey 

I am trying to use your helper's widgets in a custom window to used them for trailers. I've try the PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer]) but for items that are not cashed of course it's not working. Also i try the PlayMedia($INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Trailer)]) but this is not working for all items. Cashed or not.

So, i was wondering if its possible to have some kind of RunPlugin action only for the trailer... or an infolabel to use with PlayMedia. The important thing for this is to play trailer immediately regardless if the item is cashed or not.

Thanks
Nessus

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-03-22

(2020-03-18, 02:13)Edworld Wrote: im getting this error:

unauthorized 401 error -omdb

API returned 401 unauthorized error. 

I have a valid OMDb key

This happened using horizon arctic

Check that your key is typed correctly with no hidden spaces. 401 error indicates that the API rejected the key.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-03-22

(2020-03-21, 22:47)nessus Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey 

I am trying to use your helper's widgets in a custom window to used them for trailers. I've try the PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Trailer]) but for items that are not cashed of course it's not working. Also i try the PlayMedia($INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Trailer)]) but this is not working for all items. Cashed or not.

So, i was wondering if its possible to have some kind of RunPlugin action only for the trailer... or an infolabel to use with PlayMedia. The important thing for this is to play trailer immediately regardless if the item is cashed or not.

Thanks
Nessus

This is working for me:
Code:
<onclick>PlayMedia($INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Trailer)])</onclick>

Are you sure the property isn't empty?
Also, in a custom window you need to tell the service monitor the container ID:
Code:
<onfocus>SetProperty(TMDbHelper.WidgetContainer,CONTAINER-ID,Home)</onfocus>

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - nessus - 2020-03-22

@jurialmunkey 

Yea... i realize that while searching for a solution and waiting for you answer.
Is it safe to use only the TMDbHelper property or do you think is better to use a variable with the ListItem.Trailer?

(2020-03-22, 13:23)nessus Wrote: @jurialmunkey 

Yea... i realize that while searching for a solution and waiting for you answer.
Is it safe to use only the TMDbHelper property or do you think is better to use a variable with the ListItem.Trailer?
Safe to use alone but it is possible that it will be different from the trailer the library scraper finds - though I would expect most people use tmdb as the scraper, which should be the same data.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - swiss_lis - 2020-03-24

Hi @jurialmunkey hopefully an easy answer - Using the widget, is there a setting i am missing to have the 'your next episodes' in aired order? It currently is in order of most recently watched, but i really would want it in aired order if possible. Pulling from my Trakt tv collection, so if any other widget option can display it in aired order thats fine by me. Many thanks

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - drinfernoo - 2020-03-27

(2020-03-24, 20:05)swiss_lis Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey hopefully an easy answer - Using the widget, is there a setting i am missing to have the 'your next episodes' in aired order? It currently is in order of most recently watched, but i really would want it in aired order if possible. Pulling from my Trakt tv collection, so if any other widget option can display it in aired order thats fine by me. Many thanks

He added it today, I'll have the new version on repo in just a few hours Big Grin

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - shinji95 - 2020-03-30

Hey Guys,

I try setting up some players for the Addon and im realy confused about that fallback option. If I add the line "fallback": {"play_movie": "youtube.json search_movie"} to my Netflix player, nothing happens if it fails. Am i missing something obvious here?

Greetings

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - nakiiami - 2020-03-31

Is it possible to add a default action to have set to Information?

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-03-31

(2020-03-31, 07:24)nakiiami Wrote: Is it possible to add a default action to have set to Information?
You can set default play action in kodi settings to show information.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - baikan4ik - 2020-04-05

jurialmunkey, thanks for great plugin. Could you explain how to use fallback option? Where in json I must put it? Tried in root and in section play_movie after imdb, title, year...not work ((