Kodi Community Forum
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners (/showthread.php?tid=345847)

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - bsoriano - 2020-04-28

(2020-04-28, 13:36)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-04-27, 23:55)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey , I installed the latest version of the plugin, and wanted to test the Next Aired Library function.  I am getting this in the log (debug logging for the addon and Kodi are on):

xml:

2020-04-27 17:52:26.770 T:15540  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            TMDbHelper - JSONRPC Error:
                                            'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xa1 in position 4: invalid start byte
                                            Unable to retrive tvshow KodiDB!
                                            Attempting to Reconnect - Attempt 1
2020-04-27 17:52:27.966 T:15540  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            Attempting to Reconnect - Attempt 2
2020-04-27 17:52:29.160 T:15540  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            Attempting to Reconnect - Attempt 3
2020-04-27 17:52:30.355 T:15540  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            Attempting to Reconnect - Attempt 4
2020-04-27 17:52:31.561 T:15540  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            Attempting to Reconnect - Attempt 5
                                            Getting KodiDB tvshow FAILED!

If I go to the trakt calendar for today, the addon returns the correct info.  Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart

Full log please.

I can't replicate - working fine for me on both Leia and Matrix. Need the full log to see what is happening. 

Very well, I will send it in an hour or so.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @jurialmunkey , here is the full log: https://pastebin.com/zB7NVAx7

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-04-29

(2020-04-28, 13:47)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-04-28, 13:36)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-04-27, 23:55)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey , I installed the latest version of the plugin, and wanted to test the Next Aired Library function.  I am getting this in the log (debug logging for the addon and Kodi are on):

xml:

Attempting to Reconnect - Attempt 1
                                            Attempting to Reconnect - Attempt 2
                                            Attempting to Reconnect - Attempt 3
                                            Attempting to Reconnect - Attempt 4
                                            Attempting to Reconnect - Attempt 5
                                            Getting KodiDB tvshow FAILED!

If I go to the trakt calendar for today, the addon returns the correct info.  Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart

Full log please.

I can't replicate - working fine for me on both Leia and Matrix. Need the full log to see what is happening. 

Regards,

Bart

I still can't reproduce this bug.

Byte 0xa1 is an inverted exclamation mark causing a decoding error when retrieving the library database. However, even if I add a show with inverted exclamation marks to my tvshow library, I still can't recreate the issue.

Can you try with the latest version and see if it is still happening?
If that doesn't fix it, can you PM me your userdata/Database/MyVideosXX.db file so that I can investigate further?

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - bsoriano - 2020-04-29

(2020-04-29, 07:18)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-04-28, 13:47)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-04-28, 13:36)jurialmunkey Wrote: Full log please.

Regards,

Bart

Byte 0xa1 is an inverted exclamation mark causing a decoding error when retrieving the library database. However, even if I add a show with inverted exclamation marks to my tvshow library, I still can't recreate the issue.

If that doesn't fix it, can you PM me your userdata/Database/MyVideosXX.db file so that I can investigate further? 

@jurialmunkey, thanks. I will test in a couple of hours and let you know.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @jurialmunkey , I tested, but still the same issue.  I just PMed you a link to my video db.  Thank you for your help.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-04-29

(2020-04-29, 13:26)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-04-29, 07:18)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-04-28, 13:47)bsoriano Wrote: Very well, I will send it in an hour or so.

Regards,

Bart

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @jurialmunkey , I tested, but still the same issue.  I just PMed you a link to my video db.  Thank you for your help.

Thanks for sending the db file through. It helped a lot - I was able to recreate the issue and I think I've managed a workaround. Can you test latest - it should fix the issue.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there might be something wrong with your db -- I was only able to recreate the issue with your db. If I added similar items to my db, I couldn't reproduce the error. The "fix" in the plugin is really just a workaround that forces the errors to be ignored.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - bsoriano - 2020-04-29

(2020-04-29, 16:03)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-04-29, 13:26)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-04-29, 07:18)jurialmunkey Wrote: I still can't reproduce this bug.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks for sending the db file through. It helped a lot - I was able to recreate the issue and I think I've managed a workaround. Can you test latest - it should fix the issue.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think there might be something wrong with your db -- I was only able to recreate the issue with your db. If I added similar items to my db, I couldn't reproduce the error. The "fix" in the plugin is really just a workaround that forces the errors to be ignored. 
@jurialmunkey, this version fixed the issue, thanks.  I am not sure what is wrong with one or more of my tv shows, since today I deleted my video db, and just added my tv show sources.  And with just my tv shows in the db, I still got the same error beofre this latest version.  

Regards,

Bart

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - henrikhoe - 2020-04-29

(2020-03-22, 07:03)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-03-18, 02:13)Edworld Wrote: im getting this error:

unauthorized 401 error -omdb

API returned 401 unauthorized error. 

I have a valid OMDb key

This happened using horizon arctic

Check that your key is typed correctly with no hidden spaces. 401 error indicates that the API rejected the key. 
Hi Jurial, i am also getting this, with latest Alpha release on github (Arctic: Zephyr)

Am i supposed to use universal movie scraper, or themoviedb scraper?

I testet the api in the browser works fine, no hidden spaces. My logs are on the shield, i need to figure out how to get the,

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - henrikhoe - 2020-04-29

Made a new API key, and it seems to not throw the 401 after starting Kodi. However i get no ratings.

I cleaned/removed my library
Used universal movie scraper, enabled all ratings
input the api key in the scraper also
Updated library
But no ratings. 

is there a cache or something thats preventing this?

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-04-30

(2020-04-29, 21:13)henrikhoe Wrote: Made a new API key, and it seems to not throw the 401 after starting Kodi. However i get no ratings.

I cleaned/removed my library
Used universal movie scraper, enabled all ratings
input the api key in the scraper also
Updated library
But no ratings. 

is there a cache or something thats preventing this?

Scraper is irrelevant. The ratings aren't taken from the Kodi library. They are looked up online directly from the omdb API.

Since you scraped your whole library it is probably likely that you hit your daily 1000 request limit on omdb.

Also, Arctic Zephyr 2 doesn't use TMDbHelper for ratings. It uses SkinHelper. There are clear instructions about ratings on the first post of the Arctic Zephyr 2 thread.

Arctic Horizon is the only skin of mine that uses TMDbHelper for ratings.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - hacky4real - 2020-05-06

Is there anyway to hide the library auto update notification, Thanks

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-05-07

(2020-05-06, 07:40)hacky4real Wrote: Is there anyway to hide the library auto update notification, Thanks
The progress notufcation should be hidden already in latest versions.

It should only notify that it has begun the update. The actual progress will be hidden.

Kodi's dialog for when kodi is then scanning the new items to the library is different matter. I can't hide that afaik.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - nessus - 2020-05-08

Hi @jurialmunkey 
Somewhere in the last month commits it's been a change about returning back to video info when you close the dialog as person info.
I mean... open the video info of an item > go to cast list > open the actor info > close dialog > then... it opens again video info dialog.
This is fine when you open the dialog from movies or tvshows but if you try to open the person's (actor or director) info from actors or directors section (videodb://movies/directors/ or videodb://movies/actors/) then this creates a loop on opening the person's info again and again.

Is there way to avoid this ?

Thanks
Nessus

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-05-09

(2020-05-08, 12:27)nessus Wrote: Hi @jurialmunkey 
Somewhere in the last month commits it's been a change about returning back to video info when you close the dialog as person info.
I mean... open the video info of an item > go to cast list > open the actor info > close dialog > then... it opens again video info dialog.
This is fine when you open the dialog from movies or tvshows but if you try to open the person's (actor or director) info from actors or directors section (videodb://movies/directors/ or videodb://movies/actors/) then this creates a loop on opening the person's info again and again.

Is there way to avoid this ?

Thanks
Nessus

If you add ,return to the Runscript command then it will prevent the last window in the stack calling Info.
e.g.
<oninfo condition="Container.Content(actors) | Container.Content(directors)">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,add_query=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Label],type=person,call_auto=1190,return)</oninfo>

I'm looking to find a better approach overall to reopening the first info dialog (at the moment it just simulates the user pressing Info) - but for the time being, adding return to the runscript command will deal with the issue.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - nessus - 2020-05-09

It works... thanks
(2020-05-09, 02:04)jurialmunkey Wrote: I'm looking to find a better approach overall to reopening the first info dialog (at the moment it just simulates the user pressing Info) - but for the time being, adding return to the runscript command will deal with the issue. 
IMO i don't think is necessary. It works fine like that but of course it's your call.

Cheers
Nessus

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - daviddia - 2020-05-10

Hello and thanks for this fantastic work.

I have a problem getting omdb ratings when I use my language (Spanish).
Synopsis, title, fanart ... everything ok in Spanish

if I put English the ratings appear without problem, but in Spanish I only get the tmdb (not IMDb, metacritic etc.)

Is there any way to fix this? thanks in advance.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - MorpheasGR - 2020-05-13

Having an issue with the icons. Using this in conjunction with Arctic Horizon and set add-on language and Kodi UI language to a non-English one. In Movies menu and TV Shows menu, under Genres the icons don't show, except if a string is untranslated. Even in English some icons don't show. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know.

Thanks for creating such awesome skins and add-ons, big fan!

EDIT: Stumbled upon this thread:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=182455

Seems that the culprit is the movie genre icons resource pack, so I decompiled it, created copies with Greek names and repacked. Surely there must be a better way, but this is not an add-on or skin issue.