Kodi Community Forum
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners (/showthread.php?tid=345847)

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - extremeaudio - 2020-05-31

Sorry if this already discussed, cant find it, its unable to find foreign language films because it searches for them using alternate titles. Anyway to set it to search for original title?

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-06-01

(2020-05-31, 17:44)extremeaudio Wrote: Sorry if this already discussed, cant find it, its unable to find foreign language films because it searches for them using alternate titles. Anyway to set it to search for original title?
Sorry the api doesn't provide any options to search by original title, so nothing I can do about that unfortunately.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - shedrock - 2020-06-04

@jurialmunkey - Is it possible to add a switch in the add-on settings to group all of the Episodes Airing Today for a particular series. For example, there is a new series called "Alex Rider", but on the widget, it shows all of the episodes 1 thru 8 on the widget. I know Skin Helper offers this option.

Thank you for considering my request.

Regards,

Shedrock

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - drinfernoo - 2020-06-05

(2020-06-04, 22:22)shedrock Wrote: @jurialmunkey - Is it possible to add a switch in the add-on settings to group all of the Episodes Airing Today for a particular series. For example, there is a new series called "Alex Rider", but on the widget, it shows all of the episodes 1 thru 8 on the widget. I know Skin Helper offers this option.

Thank you for considering my request.

Regards,

Shedrock

I'm assuming that's a show on streaming if all the episodes aired on the same day?

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - shedrock - 2020-06-05

(2020-06-05, 01:54)drinfernoo Wrote: I'm assuming that's a show on streaming if all the episodes aired on the same day?
Yes, all streamed today, but it should only show the "Season 1" poster as it does with Skin Helper, or at least have an option to turn it on or off, rather than showing all the episodes.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-06-05

@shedrock - Isn't this what "TVShows > Airing Today" essentially does?

EDIT: Or are you talking about the "Your Calendar > Today" section? In that case, how would you play the other episodes once you've watched the first one? What would indicate that there are more episodes than just the one that has aired?

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - bsoriano - 2020-06-05

(2020-06-05, 04:25)jurialmunkey Wrote: @shedrock - Isn't this what "TVShows > Airing Today" essentially does?

EDIT: Or are you talking about the "Your Calendar > Today" section? In that case, how would you play the other episodes once you've watched the first one? What would indicate that there are more episodes than just the one that has aired?

@jurialmunkey, what skin helper widgets does is that, in its Recently Added Episodes widget, it groups episodes from the same season of the same show, and shows you a season poster and a label that shows how many episodes were added. If you click on the season poster, it takes you to that season in your library.

I think this is what @shedrock is referring to. In skin helper widgets, it is an addon setting to group episodes.

Regards,

Bart

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - shedrock - 2020-06-07

(2020-06-05, 13:17)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-06-05, 04:25)jurialmunkey Wrote: @shedrock - Isn't this what "TVShows > Airing Today" essentially does?

@jurialmunkey, what skin helper widgets does is that, in its Recently Added Episodes widget, it groups episodes from the same season of the same show, and shows you a season poster and a label that shows how many episodes were added. If you click on the season poster, it takes you to that season in your library.

I think this is what @shedrock is referring to. In skin helper widgets, it is an addon setting to group episodes.

Regards,

Bart
@bsoriano - That's exactly what I am referring to Bart. Big Grin Thanks!

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - newbii - 2020-06-18

Hey @jurialmunkey!

That is one indispensable addon you've created here.
Would you consider adding a Top250 IMDb playlist? It would just be a slight variation of your Top Rated playlist which your addon already. Instead of using the IMDb Top Rated list it would use the IMDb Top250 list.
Thank you.
Best regards,

N.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - bsoriano - 2020-06-24

@jurialmunkey , I am running into an issue that I am not certain is a tmdb helper issue, but decided to ask here first.

When I press Info on a widget item in the home screen, and that widget item comes from a plugin which does not set correctly a folderpath or filenameandpath for the items, I am using the following code to play the item when the user clicks the Play button:

xml:

<!-- tmdb helper active, path is empty, tmdb_id present -->
                <onclick condition="System.HasAddon(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.FileNameAndPath) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(tmdb_id))">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,close_dialog=1134,playmedia=plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=play&amp;type=movie&amp;tmdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.Property(tmdb_id)])</onclick>
                <onclick condition="System.HasAddon(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.FileNameAndPath) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,episode) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(tvshow.tmdb_id))">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,close_dialog=1134,playmedia=plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=play&amp;type=episode&amp;tmdb_id=$INFO[ListItem.Property(tvshow.tmdb_id)]&amp;season=$INFO[ListItem.Season]&amp;episode=$INFO[ListItem.Episode])</onclick>
                <!-- tmdb helper active, path is empty, no tmdb_id -->
                <onclick condition="System.HasAddon(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.FileNameAndPath) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(tmdb_id))">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,close_dialog=1134,playmedia=plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=play&amp;type=movie&amp;query=$INFO[ListItem.Title])</onclick>
                <onclick condition="System.HasAddon(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.FileNameAndPath) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,episode) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(tvshow.tmdb_id))">RunScript(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper,close_dialog=1134,playmedia=plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=play&amp;type=episode&amp;query=$INFO[ListItem.TvShowTitle]&amp;season=$INFO[ListItem.Season]&amp;episode=$INFO[ListItem.Episode])</onclick>

This works well in almost all cases.  I tried to play episode 9 of season 1 of "Penny Dreadful City of Angels", which is named "Sing, Sing, Sing".  This episode will not play, and I get the following in the log:

xml:

2020-06-23 18:23:22.509 T:24188  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            Container -- Attempting to Play Item...:
                                            {u'info': u'play', u'query': u'Penny Dreadful: City of Angels', u'type': u'episode', u'episode': u'9', u'season': u'1'}
2020-06-23 18:23:23.535 T:10304   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\players\
2020-06-23 18:23:23.535 T:10304   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/players/
2020-06-23 18:23:25.055 T:10304  NOTICE: [plugin.video.themoviedb.helper]
                                            Player -- Found strm or local.
                                            Attempting PLAYMEDIA(V:\Penny Dreadful City of Angels\Season 1\Penny Dreadful City of Angels - 1x09 - Sing, Sing, Sing.mkv)
2020-06-23 18:23:25.090 T:7112  NOTICE: VideoPlayer::OpenFile: V:\Penny Dreadful City of Angels\Season 1\Penny Dreadful City of Angels - 1x09 - Sing
2020-06-23 18:23:25.091 T:22744  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
2020-06-23 18:23:25.092 T:22744   ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenInputStream - error opening [V:\Penny Dreadful City of Angels\Season 1\Penny Dreadful City of Angels - 1x09 - Sing]

It looks like the filename is being cutoff at the first comma.  This does not happen with other special characters in the name, as other episodes with & or ! in the filename will play correctly.  I am using tmdb helper 3.1.3 and I tried in both Kodi 18.6 and 18.7, running under Windows 10.

Is this a tmdb helper issue? Could you please take a look? Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Bart

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-06-26

@bsoriano - Sorry been a bit busy with work lately, so only had a chance to look at this issue now. The issue is because the comma is a special character used to split the arguments of a command. Can you test latest version (3.1.4) and see if it fixes the problem?

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-06-26

(2020-06-18, 20:38)newbii Wrote: Hey @jurialmunkey!

That is one indispensable addon you've created here.
Would you consider adding a Top250 IMDb playlist? It would just be a slight variation of your Top Rated playlist which your addon already. Instead of using the IMDb Top Rated list it would use the IMDb Top250 list.
Thank you.
Best regards,

N.

IMDb doesn't provide an API so there's no way to retrieve data from IMDb other than via webpage scraping, which is less than ideal for a plugin.

However, the addon allows you to view Trakt lists that you have liked, and there is a Top250 IMDb trakt list. If you like it on your Trakt account, then you will be able to see it in your liked Trakt lists in the addon
https://trakt.tv/users/nielsz/lists/active-imdb-top-250

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - bsoriano - 2020-06-26

(2020-06-26, 13:04)jurialmunkey Wrote: @bsoriano - Sorry been a bit busy with work lately, so only had a chance to look at this issue now. The issue is because the comma is a special character used to split the arguments of a command. Can you test latest version (3.1.4) and see if it fixes the problem?

@jurialmunkey , no worries! I just tested with 3.1.4 and the episode plays fine.  Thank you!

Regards,

Bart

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - drinfernoo - 2020-06-27

Just as an update for anyone that wants to use this in Matrix, I've updated the repository so that there is a separate Matrix branch. You'll need to install the repository.jurialmunkey-1.4-matrix.zip package from the repository source.

Anyone with the repository installed in Leia should be able to continue as usual.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - daking1512 - 2020-06-27

@jurialmunkey Im having a problem with the way TMDB helper caches title information, This happens with Movies and TV Shows, the first time a list loads it only loads the description and like/dislike rate, I'll have to use the context menu to refresh the title information, only then all the info will show up

it starts like this
https://imgur.com/3WtzdK6

and after refreshing the info from the context menu the other parts of will appear (MPAA rating, movie length, other info)
https://imgur.com/Oa8jrLp

Is it possible to make the addon load all the info at first without having to refresh the items one by one?