Kodi Community Forum
Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: Release plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners (/showthread.php?tid=345847)

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-10-28

(2020-10-28, 00:42)Mahava Wrote:
(2020-10-28, 00:06)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-10-27, 22:32)Mahava Wrote: I posted an issue on github, but am not sure if that's the right place 'cause I've reverted to 3.3.21.

I tried the higher version then realized there was no way to add something to library.   3.3.21 has "TMDB options" in the context menu and I can click it and select "Add to Kodi Library", but this later version does not.   It would be great if "Add to Kodi Library" was easier to get to from inside the program and outside it.

And there is an issue with "Hide Unaired Episodes".  Even when this is switched on, the show title "Foundation", for example, appears in my library with the first episode even though it airs Dec 31.  I tested scraping it with "Hide Unaired Episodes" switched off, and it displayed all 6 episodes.   So, the setting works to hide only episodes 2 onward, but doesn't hide the first episode even though it is unaired and not due to air for 8 weeks.

The add to library context issue has already been fixed. V4 is a major rewrite so some bumps along the way are expected - ive tried to test things as much as possible myself but obviously there are small thing here and there that I've forgotten about. I'm relying on users to report the missing features or that things aren't working as expected and I'm fixing as needed.

I'm not sure what you want me to do about an air date bug in an older version of the plugin... Unless you are saying the air date bug is happening in the new version but not the old version?
I would have been happy to test the 4.** version that was pushed if I could find the "add to kodi library button".
version 4.0.18 manual install from repo: 'add to kodi library' NOT seen on right-click context menu.  No way for me to test airdate if I can't add something to the library.

..reverting to the newest old version I have archived, 3.3.*

Add to library context option was added in v4.0.20
Always install from github master branch to get the very most recent version, as the repo version often lags behind. Current version on github is 4.0.21
https://github.com/jurialmunkey/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - inihendrix - 2020-10-28

@jurialmunkey first of all great work! Amazing, I'm running AZ 2 and TMDBH is a godsend!

I have an issue though lol I'm hoping you could help.

In your global search on AZ2, the TMDBH People section auto prompts me with a context menu (Cast In Movies, Cast In Shows, Crew etc.) however when I select an option nothing happens.

In the actual TMDBHelper add on, if I search for People, then select from the context menu (Cast In Shows for example) it DOES work.

So there is something in the global search that is preventing it from completing the action in the context menu.

ALSO, the search results don't come back paged, so it takes a significantly longer time to load results. Is there a way to page the search results into 10, 15, or 20? Maybe an xml edit I can do?

I probably have a million questions for Arctic Zephyr 2 as well lol but this is my current spotlight issue.

I really appreciate your help, thank you!

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - Mahava - 2020-10-29

(2020-10-28, 07:19)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-10-28, 00:42)Mahava Wrote:
(2020-10-28, 00:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: The add to library context issue has already been fixed. V4 is a major rewrite so some bumps along the way are expected - ive tried to test things as much as possible myself but obviously there are small thing here and there that I've forgotten about. I'm relying on users to report the missing features or that things aren't working as expected and I'm fixing as needed.

I'm not sure what you want me to do about an air date bug in an older version of the plugin... Unless you are saying the air date bug is happening in the new version but not the old version?
I would have been happy to test the 4.** version that was pushed if I could find the "add to kodi library button".
version 4.0.18 manual install from repo: 'add to kodi library' NOT seen on right-click context menu.  No way for me to test airdate if I can't add something to the library.

Always install from github master branch to get the very most recent version, as the repo version often lags behind. Current version on github is 4.0.21
Yep, got it.   There is indeed a context menu one-click "Add to Library" button in version 4.0.21 which I used to add the show "Foundation" to the library scraping with TVMaze.   This show has one episode at that website and is due to air at the beginning of 2021.  I switched on "hide unaired episodes" in TMDB Helper yet "Foundation" has appeared in my library Titles view with the one episode that hasn't aired yet.  I expected it to remain hidden in Titles view until closer to its air date, while showing in video sources view.

Can you change that?  Is there a good reason to have shows appear in the library Titles view well ahead of their airdates?  Isn't that the purpose of the "hide unaired episodes" switch so you can have it either way you choose?   I prefer if the show not appear at all in the Titles view if it's premiere is well into the future and of course it makes perfect sense for it to be in the video sources files.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-10-29

(2020-10-29, 00:55)Mahava Wrote:
(2020-10-28, 07:19)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-10-28, 00:42)Mahava Wrote: I would have been happy to test the 4.** version that was pushed if I could find the "add to kodi library button".

Yep, got it.   There is indeed a context menu one-click "Add to Library" button in version 4.0.21 which I used to add the show "Foundation" to the library scraping with TVMaze.   This show has one episode at that website and is due to air at the beginning of 2021.  I switched on "hide unaired episodes" in TMDB Helper yet "Foundation" has appeared in my library Titles view with the one episode that hasn't aired yet.  I expected it to remain hidden in Titles view until closer to its air date, while showing in video sources view.

Can you change that?  Is there a good reason to have shows appear in the library Titles view well ahead of their airdates?  Isn't that the purpose of the "hide unaired episodes" switch so you can have it either way you choose?   I prefer if the show not appear at all in the Titles view if it's premiere is well into the future and of course it makes perfect sense for it to be in the video sources files.

Did you have "hide unaired" enabled when you added the show? Can't change what's in your library after you've added it.

Kodi manages the library, not TMDbHelper. The library simply represents physical files you have on disk. All TMDbHelper does is create a strm file on disk which is basically just a shortcut to TMDbHelper's player function. Then when you scan your library, Kodi treats the strm shortcut as if it was a normal video file. The only difference is that when you try to play that item in the library, Kodi calls the shortcut which opens TMDbHelper instead of a video directly.

All the "hide unaired" setting does is stop TMDbHelper from creating a strm file for an episode that hasn't aired yet. It doesn't toggle whats already in the library.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-10-29

(2020-10-28, 19:32)inihendrix Wrote: In your global search on AZ2, the TMDBH People section auto prompts me with a context menu (Cast In Movies, Cast In Shows, Crew etc.) however when I select an option nothing happens.

Ah yep, I think I know what the issue is. I'll see if I can get a fix working.

(2020-10-28, 19:32)inihendrix Wrote: ALSO, the search results don't come back paged, so it takes a significantly longer time to load results. Is there a way to page the search results into 10, 15, or 20? Maybe an xml edit I can do?

TMDBHelper results are paginated for me. It's not actually possible to even disable pagination because the TMDb API forces it to be 20 items. Are you sure you aren't talking about other plugins or the Kodi library?

Also, applying a skin side item limit doesn't make a difference in terms of the time it takes to load a list. Either way Kodi loads the full list and the limiting is applied after (e.g. if you use a plugin that returns 100 results but set limit to 20, the plugin will still load all 100 items but the container will only display 20). The only thing the limit does is reduce memory/cpu usage because obviously having 100 items available on-screen uses more memory than 20 - but that will just improve framerate, it won't improve how fast the list loads. Only way to do that is to change the particular plugin's code to only retrieve X items (which for TMDbHelper as I said is forced to be 20).

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - bsoriano - 2020-10-29

@jurialmunkey , I am using version 4.0.21, and have gotten some messages of tmdb helper error while in the video info dialog.  This is what I am seeing in the log:

xml:

2020-10-29 17:25:10.148 T:15764   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
                                            Error Contents: list_discover() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\plugin.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                Container().router()
                                              File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\resources\lib\items\container.py", line 422, in router
                                                return self.get_directory()
                                              File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\resources\lib\items\container.py", line 368, in get_directory
                                                items = self.get_items(**self.params)
                                              File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\resources\lib\items\container.py", line 318, in get_items
                                                return self.list_discover(**kwargs)
                                            TypeError: list_discover() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
2020-10-29 17:25:10.303 T:15244   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=discover&&with_genres=Adventure / Horror / Thriller&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=No Escape&nextpage=false

Please let me know if you would like me to send you a full debug log.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - inihendrix - 2020-10-30

(2020-10-29, 16:52)jurialmunkey Wrote: Ah yep, I think I know what the issue is. I'll see if I can get a fix working.

Awesome man, I appreciate it and hope in some way I helped you catch a small bug haha!

(2020-10-29, 16:52)jurialmunkey Wrote: TMDBHelper results are paginated for me. It's not actually possible to even disable pagination because the TMDb API forces it to be 20 items. Are you sure you aren't talking about other plugins or the Kodi library?

Also, applying a skin side item limit doesn't make a difference in terms of the time it takes to load a list. Either way Kodi loads the full list and the limiting is applied after (e.g. if you use a plugin that returns 100 results but set limit to 20, the plugin will still load all 100 items but the container will only display 20). The only thing the limit does is reduce memory/cpu usage because obviously having 100 items available on-screen uses more memory than 20 - but that will just improve framerate, it won't improve how fast the list loads. Only way to do that is to change the particular plugin's code to only retrieve X items (which for TMDbHelper as I said is forced to be 20).

Ahh I had no idea, so that sort of changes my entire approach to managing widgets!

But as far as more than 20 results - I've noticed People search results (Cast In Movies for example) will load more than 20 results and instead load the entire list. But you're correct, all other situations are paginated for me.

I'll be getting a shield tv pro soon so I'm preparing for that setup. In the meantime, I'm trying to balance speed and aesthetic with the firestick 4k

I had one more question if possible, with your Aura skin, I was able to modify the Includes_Widgets xml so that all widgets showed ratings (RT, IMDB, MC, OSCARS, etc. - I still have that xml mod backup saved) but I was wondering if it's possible to modify submenu widgets so that ratings show next to movie or TV show names? If it would be a similar process? There's no Include_Widgets xml in Arctic Zephyr 2 so I didn't want to go snooping around lol.

If in fact you would rather not have someone ask you about modifying your skin, I can understand that as well. I wasn't sure if asking was not correct, I'm sort of the new guy haha.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-10-31

(2020-10-29, 23:41)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey , I am using version 4.0.21, and have gotten some messages of tmdb helper error while in the video info dialog.  This is what I am seeing in the log:

xml:

2020-10-29 17:25:10.148 T:15764   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                              File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\plugin.py", line 9, in <module>
                                                Container().router()
                                              File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\resources\lib\items\container.py", line 422, in router
                                              File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\resources\lib\items\container.py", line 368, in get_directory
                                              File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.themoviedb.helper\resources\lib\items\container.py", line 318, in get_items
2020-10-29 17:25:10.303 T:15244   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=discover&&with_genres=Adventure / Horror / Thriller&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=No Escape&nextpage=false

Regards,

Bart

This is due to a misconfigured plugin:// path in your skin. I stopped being permissive of plugin paths that are missing required params to make it easier to identify problems both in the plugin and in skins.

In this instance your path is missing the &type=movie|tv|person param.
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=discover&&with_genres=Adventure / Horror / Thriller&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=No Escape&nextpage=false

Looks like you intend it to be between the double && after the info=discover part but whatever variable you are using is returning empty.

EDIT: I guess you're probably using the same method I was using in Arctic Horizon.

I assume you have something like:
Code:

plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&amp;$VAR[Info_Param_Type]&amp;with_genres=$INFO[ListItem.Genre]&amp;exclude_key=title&amp;exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]&amp;nextpage=false

<variable name="Info_Param_Type">
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) | ListItem.IsCollection | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,set)">type=movie</value>
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,season) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,episode)">type=tv</value>
</variable>

I think the problem is related to a bug in the Kodi skinning engine where nested skin variables (i.e. variables inside variables) will be empty if some other dialog is open (e.g. context, select, browse, ok, yesno etc). To fix the issue change it so that the "type=" part of the param is outside the variable and the variable only returns the type value (e.g. movie|tv). That way, if type variable doesn't return anything you still have a "type=" with an empty value rather than no param at all.

e.g.

Code:

plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&amp;type=$VAR[Info_Param_Type]&amp;with_genres=$INFO[ListItem.Genre]&amp;exclude_key=title&amp;exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]&amp;nextpage=false

<variable name="Info_Param_Type">
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) | ListItem.IsCollection | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,set)">movie</value>
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,season) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,episode)">tv</value>
</variable>

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - bsoriano - 2020-10-31

(2020-10-31, 01:10)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-10-29, 23:41)bsoriano Wrote: @jurialmunkey , I am using version 4.0.21, and have gotten some messages of tmdb helper error while in the video info dialog.  This is what I am seeing in the log:

xml:

Container().router()

Regards,

Bart

This is due to a misconfigured plugin:// path in your skin. I stopped being permissive of plugin paths that are missing required params to make it easier to identify problems both in the plugin and in skins.

In this instance your path is missing the &type=movie|tv|person param.
Code:
plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper/?info=discover&&with_genres=Adventure / Horror / Thriller&exclude_key=title&exclude_value=No Escape&nextpage=false

Looks like you intend it to be between the double && after the info=discover part but whatever variable you are using is returning empty.

What's your variable for the type param? I wonder if this issue is related to the problem in Kodi where nested skin variables (e.g. a variable inside a variable) will be empty if a modal dialog like context or select is open.
@jurialmunkey , I guess it could be that problem you mention, since my variable for the type param is the following:

xml:

<variable name="TMDbMediaType">
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) | ListItem.IsCollection">type=movie</value>
        <value condition="Window.IsActive(script-embuary-video.xml) + String.IsEqual(Container(10051).ListItem.DBType,movie)">type=movie</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,season) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,episode)">type=tv</value>
        <value condition="Window.IsActive(script-embuary-video.xml) + [String.IsEqual(Container(10051).ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(Container(10051).ListItem.DBType,season)]">type=tv</value>
    </variable>

And the variable for the discover call with genres is the following:

xml:

<variable name="VideoInfoFromGenre">
        <value condition="[String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow)] + [!Skin.HasSetting(Disable.ExtendedInfo) | !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(tmdb_id))] + System.HasAddon(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Genre)">plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&amp;$VAR[TMDbMediaType]&amp;with_genres=$INFO[ListItem.Genre]&amp;exclude_key=title&amp;exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]&amp;nextpage=false</value>
        <value condition="[String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow)] + [!Skin.HasSetting(Disable.ExtendedInfo) | !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(tmdb_id))] + System.HasAddon(plugin.video.themoviedb.helper) + String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Genre) + !String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Genre))">plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&amp;$VAR[TMDbMediaType]&amp;with_genres=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(TMDbHelper.ListItem.Genre)]&amp;exclude_key=title&amp;exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]&amp;nextpage=false</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie)">videodb://movies/titles/?xsp=%7B%22order%22%3A%7B%22direction%22%3A%22ascending%22%2C%22ignorefolders%22%3A0%2C%22method%22%3A%22sorttitle%22%7D%2C%22rules%22%3A%7B%22and%22%3A%5B%7B%22field%22%3A%22genre%22%2C%22operator%22%3A%22contains%22%2C%22value%22%3A%5B%22$INFO[ListItem.Genre]%22%5D%7D%5D%7D%2C%22type%22%3A%22movies%22%7D</value>
        <value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow)">videodb://tvshows/titles/?xsp=%7B%22order%22%3A%7B%22direction%22%3A%22ascending%22%2C%22ignorefolders%22%3A0%2C%22method%22%3A%22sorttitle%22%7D%2C%22rules%22%3A%7B%22and%22%3A%5B%7B%22field%22%3A%22genre%22%2C%22operator%22%3A%22contains%22%2C%22value%22%3A%5B%22$INFO[Listitem.Genre]%22%5D%7D%5D%7D%2C%22type%22%3A%22tvshows%22%7D</value>
    </variable>

What would recommend to avoid this issue? Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Bart

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-10-31

(2020-10-31, 01:29)bsoriano Wrote: What would recommend to avoid this issue? Thanks for your help.

Ah you were commenting at the same time as I was editing!

I think just change it so that the "type=" part is outside the variable. That way you still have "type=" but just no value if the variable returns nothing.

e.g.

plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&amp;type=$VAR[TMDbMediaType]&amp;with_genres=$INFO[ListItem.Genre]&amp;exclude_key=title&amp;exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]&amp;nextpage=false

xml:

<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) | ListItem.IsCollection">movie</value>
<value condition="Window.IsActive(script-embuary-video.xml) + String.IsEqual(Container(10051).ListItem.DBType,movie)">movie</value>
<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,season) | String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,episode)">tv</value>
<value condition="Window.IsActive(script-embuary-video.xml) + [String.IsEqual(Container(10051).ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(Container(10051).ListItem.DBType,season)]">tv</value>
</variable>

Also, I should update AH with these changes! I think I haven't encountered this issue because my info lists are actually in a separate dialog and I set the path to a window property (so the path is static) before calling them.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - bsoriano - 2020-10-31

(2020-10-31, 01:38)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2020-10-31, 01:29)bsoriano Wrote: What would recommend to avoid this issue? Thanks for your help.

Ah you were commenting at the same time as I was editing!

I think just change it so that the "type=" part is outside the variable. That way you still have "type=" but just no value if the variable returns nothing.

e.g.

plugin://plugin.video.themoviedb.helper?info=discover&amp;type=$VAR[TMDbMediaType]&amp;with_genres=$INFO[ListItem.Genre]&amp;exclude_key=title&amp;exclude_value=$INFO[ListItem.Title]&amp;nextpage=false

xml:

<value condition="String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBType,movie) | ListItem.IsCollection">movie</value>
<value condition="Window.IsActive(script-embuary-video.xml) + String.IsEqual(Container(10051).ListItem.DBType,movie)">movie</value>
<value condition="Window.IsActive(script-embuary-video.xml) + [String.IsEqual(Container(10051).ListItem.DBType,tvshow) | String.IsEqual(Container(10051).ListItem.DBType,season)]">tv</value>
</variable>

Also, I should update AH with these changes! I think I haven't encountered this issue because my info lists are actually in a separate dialog and I set the path to a window property (so the path is static) before calling them.

@jurialmunkey, thanks! I will try that and let you know how it goes.

Regards,

Bart

EDIT: @jurialmunkey , that worked, I am not getting the error in the log anymore.  Thanks again.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - DavidZgZ1978 - 2020-11-02

I have a problem with the Auramod skin from a few updates of the addon. When starting Kodi I get a TheMovieDb Helper error. If I change to the version of the official Kodi repository, the error message no longer appears. Could you tell me why said failure comes outImage

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - matke - 2020-11-13

First I would like to say thank you for this great addon. I found a small bug. When I choose any tmdb list with tv shows, clearart does not appear until I refresh the details. It only happens with tv show. All other lists work well including tract tv shows.

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - ohhwee - 2020-11-13

(2020-11-02, 12:52)DavidZgZ1978 Wrote: I have a problem with the Auramod skin from a few updates of the addon. When starting Kodi I get a TheMovieDb Helper error. If I change to the version of the official Kodi repository, the error message no longer appears. Could you tell me why said failure comes outImage

This belongs in the auramod thread

RE: plugin.video.themoviedb.helper - Access to TheMovieDb API for Skinners - jurialmunkey - 2020-11-14

(2020-11-13, 17:25)matke Wrote: First I would like to say thank you for this great addon. I found a small bug. When I choose any tmdb list with tv shows, clearart does not appear until I refresh the details. It only happens with tv show. All other lists work well including tract tv shows.
It's because tmdb doesn't provide a tvdb id in standard lists and that's what's needed to do a lookup on fanart TV. Refreshing details pulls the full info for the item in a separate call that takes longer but has the tvdb id.