Kodi Community Forum
Release script.embuary.info - get TMDb data - the little ExtendedInfo brother - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Development (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=32)
+--- Forum: Skinning (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+---- Forum: Skin helper addons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=300)
+---- Thread: Release script.embuary.info - get TMDb data - the little ExtendedInfo brother (/showthread.php?tid=346034)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: script.embuary.info - get TMDb data - the little ExtendedInfo brother - patzzz - 2019-09-22

thanks @sualfred, this is a fantastic replacement to ExtendedInfo, really your script is the debloated brother Big Grin, although I'm missing two features:
1) ExtendedInfo returns the Movie Sets and the Seasons of a TV Show in the ID 250.
This is very useful for TV Shows like "American Horror Story" because each season has a different storyline and characters, so we can quickly see the information of each season.
This is also useful for Movie Sets with different names, for example Rambo (First Blood) franchise.

Could you add a new List control ID in script-embuary-video.xml to return this information?

2) Backdrop images are very beautiful, but could you add an ID with the images too?

Here some images about this

I hope you find these suggestions useful and add them to Embuary Info Script.
Thanks.

RE: script.embuary.info - get TMDb data - the little ExtendedInfo brother - sualfred - 2019-09-22

I'll think about it.

Edit:
For seasons it would be enough to output the seasons + plot of each single one? I don't want to create another dialog for this rare cases.

RE: script.embuary.info - get TMDb data - the little ExtendedInfo brother - patzzz - 2019-09-22

(2019-09-22, 15:46)sualfred Wrote: I'll think about it.

Edit:
For seasons it would be enough to output the seasons + plot of each single one? I don't want to create another dialog for this rare cases.
It isn't necessary to create another dialog or show the plot of each season, only show the images of each season and when you click in one it'll show the information with plot, cast, trailer, crew, etc. using script-embuary-video.xml.

Really it's the same functionality like "Similar titles", but returning Seasons or Movies in a Set and the List control ID could be shared between both as ExtendedInfo does.
Just add a new ID to script-embuary-video.xml that returns clickable images with Seasons and Movies in a Set as with the Similar titles.

RE: script.embuary.info - get TMDb data - the little ExtendedInfo brother - sualfred - 2019-09-22

That's what I'm talking about. That would require a new dialog. Anyway, I've implemented seasons + collections locally. Collection item will open in a new dialog. Season items will only open a textviewer with plot + premiered date. The TMDB API isn't rich enough for season data.

Edit:
https://github.com/sualfred/script.embuary.info/commit/c38978a363531c428cc128e5aed2c48841e5f532

@Hitcher 
If you have time it would great if you can run some real time scenario tests. The shipped windows have the changes included.

Sorry, I misunderstood about the new dialog.

Thank you, I'll try it today and I'll comment the results.

Thanks, I've tested it with some Collections and Seasons and everything is working correctly, but the textviewer in seasons is very poor because TV Shows like American Horror Story are totally different between seasons and they're changing cast and fanart.
ExtendedInfo is using a new video dialog to show the plot, cast, fanart and crew and this is fantastic for me.

I prefer to open a new dialog with Seasons, could this be possible or add a setting to configure it?.

Some movies within the Collection aren't sorted by release date, for example:
Toy Story 1, 3, 2 and 4
Ironman 3, 1 and 2
Mad Max 2, 3, 1 and 4

I suggest you deactivate the click on the current movie within the collection to avoid opening an unnecessary dialog with the same information.

Thank you.

A new dialog for seasons is not easy because the seasons API is totally different and that means a bigger rework. I don't know if I have enough time for it atm.

RE: script.embuary.info - get TMDb data - the little ExtendedInfo brother - patzzz - 2019-09-23

OK.

Would it be a lot of work to add an ID returning the images (they're different from the Backdrop images)?

Backdrop images:

RE: script.embuary.info - get TMDb data - the little ExtendedInfo brother - sualfred - 2019-09-23

I see no reason why anyone is interested in tons of similar posters in different languages or resolutions. 

Regarding the season dialog:
I guess you owe me a beer. Please report back if everything is working as it should.

https://github.com/sualfred/script.embuary.info/commit/97e5e2bbffdb6677b3daad9f82d9eb75bc37781a

RE: script.embuary.info - get TMDb data - the little ExtendedInfo brother - bsoriano - 2019-09-24

@sualfred, I know you return the certification (mpaa) based on the country selected in the addon settings. How can I find out what is the value of that setting from the skin? I would like to be able to show certification flags for the few countries that Amber has certification flags for. If there is not a way to know from the skin the value of the setting, would you consider exposing it as a window prop for script-embuary-video? Thanks for considering my request.

Regards,

Bart

RE: script.embuary.info - get TMDb data - the little ExtendedInfo brother - sualfred - 2019-09-24

@bsoriano 
xml:
RunScript(script.embuary.helper,action=getaddonsetting,addon=script.embuary.info,setting=country_code)
xml:
$INFO[Window(home).Property(script.embuary.info-country_code)]

See
https://github.com/sualfred/script.embuary.helper/wiki/Script:-Actions-and-helpers#get-add-on-setting

Edit:
The next version will automatically create:

Window(home).Property(script.embuary.info-language_code)
Window(home).Property(script.embuary.info-country_code)

Edit:
Please keep in mind that DE ratings will have "FSK " as prefix. Just in case you aren't aware of it.

RE: script.embuary.info - get TMDb data - the little ExtendedInfo brother - bsoriano - 2019-09-24

(2019-09-24, 07:21)sualfred Wrote: @bsoriano 
xml:
RunScript(script.embuary.helper,action=getaddonsetting,addon=script.embuary.info,setting=country_code)
xml:
$INFO[Window(home).Property(script.embuary.info-country_code)]

See
https://github.com/sualfred/script.embuary.helper/wiki/Script:-Actions-and-helpers#get-add-on-setting

Edit:
The next version will automatically create:

Window(home).Property(script.embuary.info-language_code)
Window(home).Property(script.embuary.info-country_code)

Edit:
Please keep in mind that DE ratings will have "FSK " as prefix. Just in case you aren't aware of it.

@sualfred, thanks! I had overlooked that embuary.helper function! And thanks for adding the props to embuary.info. I will be testing later today and let you know how it goes.

Regards,

Bart

RE: script.embuary.info - get TMDb data - the little ExtendedInfo brother - sualfred - 2019-09-24

Please also test the new requested season feature. I want to be sure everything is working before I'll push it to the Kodi repo.

@patzzz 

Thanks! But I was joking about 1 bottle of beer, not about a full barrel. Just to be sure: No typo?

RE: script.embuary.info - get TMDb data - the little ExtendedInfo brother - patzzz - 2019-09-24

(2019-09-24, 18:35)sualfred Wrote: @patzzz 

Thanks! But I was joking about 1 bottle of beer, not about a full barrel. Just to be sure: No typo?
No, it wasn't a typo, so you'll stay motivated Laugh

The new features are working very well.

3 comments:
1) Now the movies in the Set are sorted by year, but for example the first movie in Mad Max Collection is "Mad Max: The Wasteland" because it hasn't year, it's only planned without image and without info.
Could movies without a year be shown at the end of the list or not shown?

2) Some movies in the Collection are shown in Similar again, obviously they are similar because they are in the Collection.
Is it possible to remove them in Similar?

3) Each season has different fanart images, could you add them to the new dialog?

Thank you.