Kodi Community Forum
Android Problem with special characters (French) in subtitles - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Video Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=264)
+--- Thread: Android Problem with special characters (French) in subtitles (/showthread.php?tid=346262)

Problem with special characters (French) in subtitles - Fidoprouton - 2019-08-13

Hello,
I have a problem with French subtitles : Special characters are not showed.
For example, "Kodi est méchant avec mes sous-titres" shows "Kodi est mchant avec mes sous-titres".
This is with subtitles included in mkv files, and coded in uft-8. (Subtitles in .srt files are shown correctly).
I have tried to change the character set but it doesn't work. (I did not forget to restart Kodi each time)
I use Kodi 17.3 on a Minix Neo U9-h android box.
Google did not help...

Thanks

PS: Extracting each sub from each mkv file is not a solution... Smile

RE: Problem with special characters (French) in subtitles - Klojum - 2019-08-13

(2019-08-13, 10:01)Fidoprouton Wrote: This is with subtitles included in mkv files, and coded in uft-8. (Subtitles in .srt files are shown correctly).
So what other type of subtitle has been muxed into your mkv file?
Can you provide a copy of that file?

(2019-08-13, 10:01)Fidoprouton Wrote: PS: Extracting each sub from each mkv file is not a solution...
It is for one video, when you want to troubleshoot this problem.

RE: Problem with special characters (French) in subtitles - Fidoprouton - 2019-08-13

Thanks for answering!
It is .srt subtitle in the mkv file.
What I was saying is that when the .srt is muxed in the mkv file it doesn't display special chars, but when the .srt file is not muxed it works fine.
I have not tried with the same exact sub, but each movie with muxed .srt file doesn't work, and each with non-muxed .srt works.
I'm going to try with the same sub and movie and return here, to be sure Smile
(2019-08-13, 11:30)Klojum Wrote:
(2019-08-13, 10:01)Fidoprouton Wrote: This is with subtitles included in mkv files, and coded in uft-8. (Subtitles in .srt files are shown correctly).
So what other type of subtitle has been muxed into your mkv file?
Can you provide a copy of that file?
(2019-08-13, 10:01)Fidoprouton Wrote: PS: Extracting each sub from each mkv file is not a solution...
It is for one video, when you want to troubleshoot this problem.  

RE: Problem with special characters (French) in subtitles - Fidoprouton - 2019-08-13

I have confirmation.
Same movie, same srt file :
If I put it in the mkv the characters doesn't show
If it's a separate file it works fine.

RE: Problem with special characters (French) in subtitles - Klojum - 2019-08-13

(2019-08-13, 15:06)Fidoprouton Wrote: I have confirmation.

Then kindly create a ticket at our Github Bug Tracker, with full information and possible examples.

Thank you again.