Kodi Community Forum
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=346302)

RE: Xonfluence - Newbie_from_NJ - 2015-11-07

(2015-11-07, 02:57)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 22:01)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: I don't know if there is a source that you can add. I had to manually download the repo.zip and transfer it over to my system. And even after installing the repo, I could not install the skin because whenever I would go to helly repo/skin/... this was empty. It wouldn't show me Xonfluence. (even after updating and restarting system)

So my only option to install the skin was to download the master.zip.

Helly,

Can you please confirm if Xonfluence is compatible with OpenELEC 6 (Kodi 15.2)? I was not able to install Xonfluence using the repo. The only way was using the manual master.zip. What makes me question the compatibility is that although the skin is working fine, when I go to system/settings/addons/install from repo/Hellyrepo/Skin/ Xonfluence shows as being "Incompatible" instead of "enabled"

error message "add-on is incompatible or has been marked broken in repository. Dependencies not met. Please contact addon-on author."

Update: I no longer have "incompatible" being displayed. It now reads "enabled"
Helly, did you update something? I don't think I did anything different... ?
In any case, I'm happy it's working (o:

(2015-11-06, 04:11)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: Hi guys,

I have a custom CCM build. I really like the menu and settings fonts that it has, compared to the default fonts which are thicker, bolder, etc.

Can someone please let me know how or where on the guisettings.xml file I can find out what font/size is being used? When I open this file... it HUGE!

Took a little bit of research, but I found my answer! It had nothing to do with the guisettings.xml file. The file I was looking for is actually the Font.xml and is located in /.kodi/addons/skin.xonfluence-master/720p/

I replaced this Font.xml file with the one I was previously using in CCM Helix and presto! Now I'm able to switch to these fonts when I go to System/Appearance/Skin/Fonts (make default selection) I absolutely LOVE the way Xonfluence looks now! (only slight change)

Helly, do you foresee any issues in the future as a result of changing this file?
Here is the custom Font.xml file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0uc1wmyf9jf5bxe/Font.xml?dl=0

RE: Xonfluence - cslogg - 2015-11-07

Thanks stonedaze.I got there in the end.

RE: Xonfluence - pepepe - 2015-11-07

Thanks for looking into it for me.
CCM (modded confluence.4-1.1) has the same "info bar" and it does show the external IP, maybe you could have a peek at their code to get an understanding of how they did it and rig up something similar. If you still think that it is too complicated, I understand as I don't have a clue about coding or I would snip that bit of code myself if I knew where to start.

(2015-11-06, 13:25)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2015-11-01, 19:33)pepepe Wrote: Could you change or tell me how to change the SYSTEM [info stats bar] to show the external IP address (VPN ip) instead of the Internal IP?
Sorry if this is a re-post as you may have missed the previous one..
Thanks for the latest update.

Hi,

I had a look at your question, but it is not easy to display an external IP address. For displaying your local IP address there is an infolabel in kodi and it can be requested quite easy from your os. The external Ip address is behind your router and your os doesn't have knowledge about it. If you want to show it, you need to do it via a website that returns the external IP address or maybe via your router. You need to make a script or addon for it. That is too much of an effort to do and maintain for this skin. I'm sorry about it.

Helly.

RE: Xonfluence - strayD - 2015-11-07

Does this support smart playlists (for custom menus?) Am I missing it?

RE: Xonfluence - flhthemi - 2015-11-07

(2015-11-06, 04:11)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: Helly, do you foresee any issues in the future as a result of changing this file?

When helly updates the skin, you'll loose that file as it will be overwirtten. So keep a copy of it handy to put back after an update....

(2015-11-07, 18:31)flhthemi Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 04:11)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: Helly, do you foresee any issues in the future as a result of changing this file?

When helly updates the skin, you'll loose that file as it will be overwirtten. So keep a copy of it handy to put back after an update....
Thank you sir. I will keep a local copy going forward.

RE: Xonfluence - Helly1206 - 2015-11-08

(2015-11-07, 04:33)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote:
(2015-11-07, 02:57)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 22:01)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote: I don't know if there is a source that you can add. I had to manually download the repo.zip and transfer it over to my system. And even after installing the repo, I could not install the skin because whenever I would go to helly repo/skin/... this was empty. It wouldn't show me Xonfluence. (even after updating and restarting system)

So my only option to install the skin was to download the master.zip.

Helly,

Can you please confirm if Xonfluence is compatible with OpenELEC 6 (Kodi 15.2)? I was not able to install Xonfluence using the repo. The only way was using the manual master.zip. What makes me question the compatibility is that although the skin is working fine, when I go to system/settings/addons/install from repo/Hellyrepo/Skin/ Xonfluence shows as being "Incompatible" instead of "enabled"

error message "add-on is incompatible or has been marked broken in repository. Dependencies not met. Please contact addon-on author."

Update: I no longer have "incompatible" being displayed. It now reads "enabled"
Helly, did you update something? I don't think I did anything different... ?
In any case, I'm happy it's working (o:

Hi Newbie,

Xonfluence should be compatible with OE6 (kodi 15.2). I don't know why you cannot install from the repo. Can you provide me some logging information as I'm not running OE myself?

I didn't update anything on the skin that should change incompatible to enabled. This has to do with versions of imported addons (see addon.xml). Maybe you can check the versions on your system.

Helly.

(2015-11-07, 21:25)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote:
(2015-11-07, 18:31)flhthemi Wrote:

Thank you sir. I will keep a local copy going forward.

As flhthemi already mentioned, you need to keep a copy apart. I don't foresee further issues.

Helly.

(2015-11-07, 16:02)strayD Wrote: Does this support smart playlists (for custom menus?) Am I missing it?

Yes it does.

Custom menus can be configured in skin settings.
Smart playlists can be selected in music or video.

Helly.

(2015-11-07, 13:02)pepepe Wrote: Thanks for looking into it for me.
CCM (modded confluence.4-1.1) has the same "info bar" and it does show the external IP, maybe you could have a peek at their code to get an understanding of how they did it and rig up something similar. If you still think that it is too complicated, I understand as I don't have a clue about coding or I would snip that bit of code myself if I knew where to start.

Hi pepepe,

I checked CCM-helix and Confluence-custom-mod-gotham but they both do not have this feature.
Can you give me a link to the version you are refering to?

Nevertheless, this tool probably uses a script to get the external IP. I think I'm not planning to maintain it, as I mentioned before as I don't think a lot of people care about the external IP address. But I will have a look at the code and if it's easy, I will probably make an option.

Helly.

(2015-11-03, 14:47)Robotica Wrote: This skin is getting pretty awesome! Thanks for all your work. I'll just continue giving feedback and ofc I don't mind if you choose to not implement some of it.

My latest feedback:
<return>OSD</return> and <enter>OSD</enter> in keymap.xml are lost and replaced by <rotate>. This breaks pictureOSD. And
2 options I miss from CCM Helix: Media certification country, default focused menu item. And for those using Openelec, a conditionally Openelec setting would be great.

And now there is a new Confluence-clone called Zeitgeist; it's really fast (3.5 mb textures by default) and has a much better organised skin settings menu. I think a skin settings cleanup would really help this skin too; remove some unneeded settings and group them.

I also would like to suggest to look at e.g. Rapier shutdown menu. It's much more descriptive than current. A bug is that favorites dialog doesn't get a scrollbar.

Hi Robotica,

Media certification country you can set from the skinsettings menu.
Default focused menu item you can also set from this menu.
Openelec addons may also be used in this skin, and can be selected as menu option. I don't have experience as I don't use OE.

I argee that there are lots of settings, and I may cleanup it one time. But that also takes a lot of effort (and probably changes to the language files)

I decided not to implement the rapier shutdown menu.

Helly.

RE: Xonfluence - pepepe - 2015-11-08

I think its the mudislander build in the hybrid repo, all the skins have me confused.

(2015-11-08, 14:04)Helly1206 Wrote:

Hi pepepe,

I checked CCM-helix and Confluence-custom-mod-gotham but they both do not have this feature.

Nevertheless, this tool probably uses a script to get the external IP. I think I'm not planning to maintain it, as I mentioned before as I don't think a lot of people care about the external IP address. But I will have a look at the code and if it's easy, I will probably make an option.

Helly.

RE: Xonfluence - Helly1206 - 2015-11-09

(2015-11-08, 21:51)pepepe Wrote: I think its the mudislander build in the hybrid repo, all the skins have me confused.

(2015-11-08, 14:04)Helly1206 Wrote:

Hi pepepe,

Helly.

That's the one I used as startings point for Xonfluence. I just checked but it shows the local IP. It makes use of the built-in function Network.IPAddress.

RE: Xonfluence - pepepe - 2015-11-09

Sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase, I have Xonfluence running so nicely on my android box with Isengard and its perfect save the vpn IP option. I don't have Helix installed to go back and test which version of ccm it was, it may well have been another skin altogether.
It was just nice to look over above SYSTEM to see if I was connected via VPN instead of clicking on the sub menu shortcut or opening maintenance tool yadda yadda yadda.
I apologize once again for not remembering the correct skin and thank you for a skin that really suits my basic needs which is a simple interface that is not hypnotisingly (if that is even a word) busy which has become rare in a world of zooming boxes and spinning doo-dads.