Kodi Community Forum
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=346302)

RE: Xonfluence (Krypton v17.x & Leia v18.x) - Gaz2016 - 2018-12-15

(2018-12-15, 21:35)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2018-12-12, 12:54)trogggy Wrote:
(2018-12-11, 18:13)Helly1206 Wrote: I also tried to update, but didn't have any issues on my system. Nevertheless I think it is a kodi thing and not a skin thing. Any log-files? 
I've had this update problem in windows for a while.  I tried to reproduce it on a fresh install.
I set up a new install - leia rc2 windows x64 portable on windows 7.
Installed confluence from repo, then installed xonfluence dependencies and xonfluence 4.0.2 (all from zips)
Installed Hellyrepo.
Tried to update to 4.0.5
4.0.5 is downloaded and unzipped into a folder in addons/temp/, but that's as far as it goes.  There's an 'installation failed' notification.
Log is here.
See around 10:31:03 for installation errors:
Quote:ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Rename - Error renaming file ...\addons\skin.xonfluence
ERROR: Failed to move old addon files from '...\addons\skin.xonfluence' to '...\addons\temp\583ab7e3-7f1e-4f85-9a26-65f26dffb393'
It's not a big deal for me (and I don't know if this is a general kodi issue), but I'm happy to test / debug further.    
 Thank Trogggy and others for the information.

I don't like to say, but I cannot help it. Downloading, copying, moving and unzipping files is a kodi thing. I don't test on Windows, therefore I don't have these issues. Maybe it has to do with permissions of your ..\addons\skin.xonfluence folder, but I don't know for sure.

I hope someone else can help you with this issue.

Helly.   

tl;dr - To fix this, change the skin to something else, then install. It will install successfully, then go back to Xonfluence.

Ok I've retried with full access permissions for 'everyone' on both the addon folder and the temp folder and removed any read only flags and it has not worked, still failed.

Having Googled
Code:
ERROR: XFILE::CFile::Rename - Error renaming file]
it seems like Kodi thinks the skin folder is in fact a file and not a directory when calling method
Code:
XFILE::CFile::Copy
and that is why it is failing.

I started thinking that maybe it's do with being unable to rename the files because they're in use. So I tried enabling a different skin (Estuary) and then trying the update. Boom. It worked. I'm guessing therefore it is do with that but can't be certain.

RE: Xonfluence (Krypton v17.x & Leia v18.x) - gjwAudio - 2018-12-16

(2018-12-15, 21:30)Helly1206 Wrote: Hi GjwAudio,

Thanks again for your good work. However, the implementation on Xonfluence is exactly the same as on confluence and some other skins. So I don't know why Special Features is not launched. I cannot get special features to work on my skin. Can you check an other skin? Can you check the logfile?

Hi Helly
Happy to help improve Xonfluence - whether it's new suggestions, or squashing bugs Smile . I will check SF using Confluence and report back.
(2018-12-15, 21:30)Helly1206 Wrote: About the flags, I think I know why they don't work. However I don't know how to fix it. I cannot get information from the addon whether a listitem has special features. No other skin uses this flag, so I cannot use that code. I think it is just not possible at the moment.

Hint/clue/question: what tells the context menu to include SF option at the bottom of the list ? Just checked using Xonfluence - when movie folder contains "Extras" folder, the context menu displays SF option at bottom (using Media Info 3 view). When no "Extras" folder exists, no SF option in context menu list.

Is this helpful to determine whether or not to display the flag ?

RE: Xonfluence (Krypton v17.x & Leia v18.x) - clones - 2018-12-16

Thank you for this skin mod, I am enjoying it. One question I have is I have noticed subtitles are not working normally. I can get them to work on 'live tv' by hitting the 'T' key on my keyboard, otherwise I can not able to get the subtitle osd to come up, and while watching movies from my library, I am not able to get subtitles to work at all. Is there simple setting I am missing? thank you

Edit: In working through it, I did not have 'download first subtitle' active, and also went into accessibility and made active 'prefer subtitles for the hearing impaired' and it appears to be working.

RE: Xonfluence (Krypton v17.x & Leia v18.x) - Helly1206 - 2018-12-16

(2018-12-16, 01:58)gjwAudio Wrote: int/clue/question: what tells the context menu to include SF option at the bottom of the list ? Just checked using Xonfluence - when movie folder contains "Extras" folder, the context menu displays SF option at bottom (using Media Info 3 view). When no "Extras" folder exists, no SF option in context menu list.

Is this helpful to determine whether or not to display the flag ? 

Hi gjwAudio,

Thanks for the hint. I am aware that SF is available when an extras folder exists. However I cannot check this in a skin. The only thing I can check is an extra property to a listitem, but the SF addon should add and set it. If this is possible at all. The previous (banned) addon did something by setting a label, which you can read in the skin. 

Helly.

RE: Xonfluence (Krypton v17.x & Leia v18.x) - Helly1206 - 2018-12-16

(2018-12-16, 06:15)clones Wrote: Thank you for this skin mod, I am enjoying it. One question I have is I have noticed subtitles are not working normally. I can get them to work on 'live tv' by hitting the 'T' key on my keyboard, otherwise I can not able to get the subtitle osd to come up, and while watching movies from my library, I am not able to get subtitles to work at all. Is there simple setting I am missing? thank you

Edit: In working through it, I did not have 'download first subtitle' active, and also went into accessibility and made active 'prefer subtitles for the hearing impaired' and it appears to be working.
 Good to read you made it working.

Helly.

RE: Xonfluence (Krypton v17.x & Leia v18.x) - clones - 2018-12-16

(2018-12-16, 18:32)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2018-12-16, 06:15)clones Wrote: Thank you for this skin mod, I am enjoying it. One question I have is I have noticed subtitles are not working normally. I can get them to work on 'live tv' by hitting the 'T' key on my keyboard, otherwise I can not able to get the subtitle osd to come up, and while watching movies from my library, I am not able to get subtitles to work at all. Is there simple setting I am missing? thank you

Helly. 
 Thank you. Strange it subtitles have been funky on all three of the computers running xonfluence.

RE: Xonfluence (Krypton v17.x & Leia v18.x) - gjwAudio - 2018-12-17

(2018-12-16, 18:32)Helly1206 Wrote: Thanks for the hint. I am aware that SF is available when an extras folder exists. However I cannot check this in a skin. The only thing I can check is an extra property to a listitem, but the SF addon should add and set it. If this is possible at all. The previous (banned) addon did something by setting a label, which you can read in the skin.

Hi Helly
Unfortunately, my days of coding for mainframe computers are useless in dissecting the finer points of Kodi's construction. However, I can think through processes in a logical way, and my question is still unanswered: What tells the context menu to include SF in it's action list ?

A switch, flag, entry in the SF database - I dunno - but something already existing in "the system" causes that SF choice to appear in the context menu.

If you can query it, does that not solve the issue ?

OTOH, I have no idea how skins integrate with base Kodi, and what limitations may exist due to that interface scheme.

RE: Xonfluence (Krypton v17.x & Leia v18.x) - clones - 2018-12-18

(2018-12-16, 22:09)clones Wrote:
(2018-12-16, 18:32)Helly1206 Wrote:

Helly.   
 Thank you. Strange it subtitles have been funky on all three of the computers running xonfluence.  
I have gone back to Confluence, my wife and I use subtitles a lot, and I could not get the subtitle osd to activate consistently. Thank you again

RE: Xonfluence (Krypton v17.x & Leia v18.x) - Helly1206 - 2018-12-19

(2018-12-17, 04:39)gjwAudio Wrote: Hi Helly
Unfortunately, my days of coding for mainframe computers are useless in dissecting the finer points of Kodi's construction. However, I can think through processes in a logical way, and my question is still unanswered: What tells the context menu to include SF in it's action list ?

A switch, flag, entry in the SF database - I dunno - but something already existing in "the system" causes that SF choice to appear in the context menu.

If you can query it, does that not solve the issue ?

OTOH, I have no idea how skins integrate with base Kodi, and what limitations may exist due to that interface scheme. 
Hi gjwAudio,

Thanks for helping, but unfortunately it doesn't work as you think. The option to the context menu is set in the addon and not in the skin. Nevertheless I reversed engineered some of the addon code and found a parameter that is set (Window(home).Property(SpecialFeatures.Visible)) if a listitem contains SF. This I can use in the skin (it is also used in the video info dialog). So consider it fixed in the next release.

Helly.

RE: Xonfluence (Krypton v17.x & Leia v18.x) - Helly1206 - 2018-12-19

(2018-12-18, 18:18)clones Wrote:
(2018-12-16, 22:09)clones Wrote:
(2018-12-16, 18:32)Helly1206 Wrote:  Good to read you made it working.

Helly.   
I have gone back to Confluence, my wife and I use subtitles a lot, and I could not get the subtitle osd to activate consistently. Thank you again 

I thought you fixed it??!

I don't know what exactly doesn't work with your subtitles. I cannot reproduce and the code is exactly the same as in confluence. I'd like to help you and others that have the same issue, but I need more information (e.g. what does the log file show at that point) to solve it.

Helly.

RE: Xonfluence (Krypton v17.x & Leia v18.x) - odoll - 2018-12-19

(2018-12-10, 10:30)Helly1206 Wrote: 4.0.5
- Fixed wallpaper color bleed through at submenu (#2321)
 Can sb tell me how to avoid the bleeding of the main menu's wallpapers through the (musician's) fan art pictures?

RE: Xonfluence (Krypton v17.x & Leia v18.x) - clones - 2018-12-19

(2018-12-19, 11:12)Helly1206 Wrote:
(2018-12-18, 18:18)clones Wrote:
(2018-12-16, 22:09)clones Wrote:  Thank you. Strange it subtitles have been funky on all three of the computers running xonfluence.   

I thought you fixed it??!

I don't know what exactly doesn't work with your subtitles. I cannot reproduce and the code is exactly the same as in confluence. I'd like to help you and others that have the same issue, but I need more information (e.g. what does the log file show at that point) to solve it.

Helly. 
 I thought it was working but it was glitchy and inconsistent, which I was finding was happening across three windows 10 computers. Generally, when I was watching a show, and I clicked on the osd subtitle, it would not 'open' or 'activate.' (occasionally hitting the 'T' on a keyboard would activate the subtitles, but again not consistently) but when I went back to confluence, it opens with no problem. Sorry, I do not have a log file at present, hopefully over the weekend I will check it out and post a log file.

RE: Xonfluence (Krypton v17.x & Leia v18.x) - Trillian_M1 - 2018-12-21

Hey there, great skin and its great to see that you have been keepin up the good work for quite some time now.
I was just wondering: Are there any plans to redesign/update the skin to match a more modern flat appearance?
I just love how the skin works in terms of navigation and item presentation. However i also find the new look of the default kodi skin quite appealing and by look i mean the graphical elements them self and the flat feel to it.
I also think a pure redesign in terms of graphics is all it really needs. I already love the functions and layouts in xonfluence just the way they are, just a graphic update would be awesome. So any plans so far?

Trill

RE: Xonfluence (Krypton v17.x & Leia v18.x) - Helly1206 - 2018-12-21

(2018-12-21, 17:45)Trillian_M1 Wrote: Hey there, great skin and its great to see that you have been keepin up the good work for quite some time now.
I was just wondering: Are there any plans to redesign/update the skin to match a more modern flat appearance?
I just love how the skin works in terms of navigation and item presentation. However i also find the new look of the default kodi skin quite appealing and by look i mean the graphical elements them self and the flat feel to it.
I also think a pure redesign in terms of graphics is all it really needs. I already love the functions and layouts in xonfluence just the way they are, just a graphic update would be awesome. So any plans so far?

Trill
 Hi Trill,

I also thought that the skin needs to be modernized, so I already did some work on it for the Leia version of the skin. I don't have plans to roll it back to Krypton or older, as it was quite a lot of work.

However I made it customizable, as other users may prefer to use the 'oldfashioned' xonfluence style. If you go to settings -> skinsettings -> Global skin options and scroll all the way down (I know there are issues with the scrollbar, but they are solved in the next release), you will find some options:
  • Dialog look and feel (already available on krypton, but updated and made a lot better for leia). You can select classic (default confluence look and feel) or modern (estuary alike look and feel).
  • OSD look and feel. You can select classic (default confluence osd buttons), modern (modern round osd buttons) or max (modern square osd buttons).
  • Button look and feel (how all selected and unselected buttons look). You can select classic (default confluence button look and feel), modern (modern look and feel with more contrast on buttons) or max (maximum contrast, estuary alike look and feel).
  • Button layout look and feel (how button graphics look, e.g. radiobuttons). You can select classic (default confluence look and feel, e.g. radiobuttons look like LEDs) or modern (modern look and feel, e.g. radiobuttons look like a switch).
  • Menu look and feel (how the main menu looks, already available on krypton). You can select classic (default confluence look and feel), graphics (only graphical menu buttons), graphics & focused text (graphical menu buttons, but text added to the menu button that is currently focused) or graphics & text (graphical and text for all menu buttons).
So you can customize the look and feel as you like. For some of the changes you have to hit the back button before they have any effect (I can't help it, it is how the screen is rendered). Hope this helps.

Helly.

RE: Xonfluence (Krypton v17.x & Leia v18.x) - Axxel6307 - 2018-12-21

Love your skin Helly. Longtime user. How hard would it be for me to change the code to allow tv show widgets to show album art like movies do, instead of episode art?
Edit: to cringe at my first two sentences