Kodi Community Forum
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=346302)

RE: Xonfluence - Newbie_from_NJ - 2015-11-15

(2015-11-14, 20:40)Helly1206 Wrote: - Added autocomplete option on keyboards when script.extendedinfo is installed #232

How do I install this script?

RE: Xonfluence - Helly1206 - 2015-11-15

(2015-11-14, 22:51)ReignOfTheTech Wrote: Thanks for all your work Helly. I have one question please help...

With this skin when I want to use my own custom backgrounds everything is fine until the skin updates. Once it updates all my backgrounds are removed from the skin folder... I would place them in userdata folder like most skins but Xonfluence does not allow me to navigate to userdata folder to select images. Where should I place my backgrounds to ensure that they aren't deleted every time the skin updates?

I was placing them in the backgrounds folder of the skin with the rest of the backgrounds that were already there but they always disappear when the skin updates.

Thank you so much for any response.

Hi,

I just checked your remark. I was indeed aware that custom backgrounds will disappear as the complete skin folder is overwritten when installing a new version.

Therefore it is better not to install custom changes in the skin folder (like dmcjr22 mentioned). I think the best place to do so is in userdata/addon_data/skin.xonfluence/backgrounds.

Maybe the skin won't allow you to navigate to that folder (as you mention in post 239). Then you need to make a link in your skin backgrounds folder. I will change that behavior in a future update. It has to do with navigating to the default backgrounds folder when you enter the file browser. I need to make an option for that.

Helly.

(2015-11-15, 06:06)Newbie_from_NJ Wrote:
(2015-11-14, 20:40)Helly1206 Wrote: - Added autocomplete option on keyboards when script.extendedinfo is installed #232

How do I install this script?

Hi,

The script is in the default kodi addon repo. You can find it under program addon's, or search the repo from the addon settings menu.

Succes.

Helly.

RE: Xonfluence - stonedaze - 2015-11-15

I'm having the same issue with the background folder as Reign in #239...I'm stuck in the skin folder.

Also, one other little gripe...the OSD buttons look much nicer now but I noticed the pause icon and messages (pause, buffering) still jump up above the seek bar whether thumbnail is enabled or not. In Ccm-Helix, the group of buttons on the right side always remained stationary which always left room at the bottom corner for the pause icon. Right now with your improvements there's room when thumbnail is disabled but the icon still jumps up there for some reason.

Other than that, I think this is the perfect skin. Thanks for all the hard work.

Edit: Just saw your reply about the background folder. Thanks. A side note, confluence-custom-mod-gotham used to always default to your last used background folder...I missed that behavior in ccm-helix.

RE: Xonfluence - coryon - 2015-11-15

I have a problem. I have installed xonfluence from github. When i activate the skin some of the options of main sidebar, live tv in main settings and all the skin settings dont appear. Can some help me? Sorry for my english, im from spain. Thanks

RE: Xonfluence - jcorsaut - 2015-11-15

Quick question and if it's been posted before, my apologies as I've obviously missed it. As we near the holiday season, is it possible to get the background with snow falling possible as it was on CCM? Think it was an option called "enable holiday theme". Kid's loved that feature.

Great work on the skin, really glad you took over from CCM-helix and are looking to Isengard now.

(2015-11-15, 09:42)stonedaze Wrote: I'm having the same issue with the background folder as Reign in #239...I'm stuck in the skin folder.

Also, one other little gripe...the OSD buttons look much nicer now but I noticed the pause icon and messages (pause, buffering) still jump up above the seek bar whether thumbnail is enabled or not. In Ccm-Helix, the group of buttons on the right side always remained stationary which always left room at the bottom corner for the pause icon. Right now with your improvements there's room when thumbnail is disabled but the icon still jumps up there for some reason.

Other than that, I think this is the perfect skin. Thanks for all the hard work.

Edit: Just saw your reply about the background folder. Thanks. A side note, confluence-custom-mod-gotham used to always default to your last used background folder...I missed that behavior in ccm-helix.

Thanks, I'll check this behavior when updating again

Helly.

(2015-11-15, 14:40)coryon Wrote: I have a problem. I have installed xonfluence from github. When i activate the skin some of the options of main sidebar, live tv in main settings and all the skin settings dont appear. Can some help me? Sorry for my english, im from spain. Thanks

Seems like something went wrong during installation. Please remove the skin and try to install it again please.

If it still doesn't work, then I'll need some more information like log-file to check what went wrong.

Helly.

(2015-11-15, 14:58)jcorsaut Wrote: Quick question and if it's been posted before, my apologies as I've obviously missed it. As we near the holiday season, is it possible to get the background with snow falling possible as it was on CCM? Think it was an option called "enable holiday theme". Kid's loved that feature.

Great work on the skin, really glad you took over from CCM-helix and are looking to Isengard now.

You have to wait only a few nights of sleep. From November 24 till Januari 6 you can enable the holiday theme, just like in CCM-Helix.

Helly.

RE: Xonfluence - flhthemi - 2015-11-15

Custom Backround Folder - This might help/work..

File Manager
Add Source
Click "Enter the paths..." box
type this "special://Home/" click Done
You should now have a source called Home
Copy the folder that have your custom backrounds to your Kodi folder
Windows would be - user_name\appdata\roaming\kodi
You MIGHT need to restart Kodi..Huh

Now you should be able to see Home as an option when selecting a custom backgroundHuh and clicking home should display the folders inside\kodiHuh

RE: Xonfluence - CREE - 2015-11-15

Thanks for the upgrade to isengard.
Two hopefully easy questions

Which xml controls the timer for the multi image background? Wanted to increase the time abit.

Is there a way to lower the default menu position so the addon icons remain under the bottom of the main menu?

Big thanks in advance

RE: Xonfluence - jmh2002 - 2015-11-15

(2015-11-15, 15:32)Helly1206 Wrote: You have to wait only a few nights of sleep. From November 24 till Januari 6 you can enable the holiday theme, just like in CCM-Helix.

Helly.

I don't use these extra themes but thank you for this Helly, I think many others will appreciate the kind gesture.

RE: Xonfluence - BigOldBoy - 2015-11-16

(2015-11-14, 23:15)ReignOfTheTech Wrote: I just watched a video where someone was able to navigate anywhere when changing backgrounds through skin settings but I can not do this. I am automatically taken to the skin.xonfluence/backgrounds folder. I can go up one to the root of the skin folder but then there is no other option to leave the skin folder from there. The two dots to move back again are not there anymore.

Am I the only one with this issue?

I also experience this issue. I just edit the GUISETTINGS file directly to point to my fanart folder on another drive.

RE: Xonfluence - ReignOfTheTech - 2015-11-17

(2015-11-16, 13:46)BigOldBoy Wrote:
(2015-11-14, 23:15)ReignOfTheTech Wrote: I just watched a video where someone was able to navigate anywhere when changing backgrounds through skin settings but I can not do this. I am automatically taken to the skin.xonfluence/backgrounds folder. I can go up one to the root of the skin folder but then there is no other option to leave the skin folder from there. The two dots to move back again are not there anymore.

Am I the only one with this issue?

I also experience this issue. I just edit the GUISETTINGS file directly to point to my fanart folder on another drive.

But when the skin updates itself you would still lose your backgrounds and have to edit the guisettings all over again. Would be much better if the skin could update without clearing out our backgrounds. Maybe the gui permanently edited to point to a different location for custom backgrounds that does not get overwritten via update.

RE: Xonfluence - Newbie_from_NJ - 2015-11-17

My custom build has over 300 images within 14 folders and I did not lose any settings once the skin updated. I keep all my images in /.kodi/userdata/My custom build images (if that helps)