Kodi Community Forum
Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Confluence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125)
+---- Thread: Xonfluence (Leia v18.x & Matrix v19.x) (Krypton 17 = deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=346302)

RE: Xonfluence (Jarvis v16.x & Krypton v17.x) - Helly1206 - 2016-06-10

Hi All,

New release for Jarvis and Krypton.

Enjoy,
Helly.

Jarvis:
- Fixed typo in includes.xml regarding tvtunes script #1152
- Fixed error in fanart script #1150

Krypton:
- Fixed typo in includes.xml regarding tvtunes script #1152
- Fixed error in fanart script #1150

RE: Xonfluence (Jarvis v16.x & Krypton v17.x) - gjwAudio - 2016-06-10

Hi Helly - thanks for the reply.
(2016-06-10, 20:35)Helly1206 Wrote: #1: Which version of the repo are you using?
Repo downloaded from this link -> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Helly1206/_repo/master/hellyrepo.kodi.zip. Changelog.txt says "Version 0.2.4".
(2016-06-10, 20:35)Helly1206 Wrote: Which kodi version does your special milhouse built say it is?
I'm not sure you are aware of this, so please forgive if you already know... Milhouse has been creating frequent development builds of OpenELEC until devs split from OE to fork and continue as LibreELEC.

The Milhouse LibreELEC builds are based on latest XBMC master from here (with noted modifications). This is Kodi v17. The particular build I ran this with is from Jun 05 - the complete list of mods & PRs is detailed here. Beyond that, I'm not sure how to usefully identify the build to you.
(2016-06-10, 20:35)Helly1206 Wrote: #2: The alpha build is using 5.11.0, test build are using 5.12.0. I'm aware of that, I don't change until a next stable build using 5.12.0.
Hmmmm... yes, a reasonable approach. I guess it sucks to be me Confused

There are a few quirks in Xonfluence I want to investigate - maybe it's the skin, or maybe something more fundamental in Kodi 17. I will try the May 01 build (last one with xbmc.gui v5.11.0) and hope for better results.

Thanks again for pushing Xonfluence forward !

UPDATE
Hacked at it a little, and got Xonfluence v3.3.3 running - Woo-HOO !

1) updated LibreELEC to #0501
2) installed Xonfluence v3.3.2 from existing zip file on hand
3) used update feature to upgrade Xonfluence to v3.3.3
4) upgraded to latest LibreELEC Testbuild (#0610)... and Xonfluence continues to function under xbmc.gui v5.12.0 (as far as initial shake-out goes).

RE: Xonfluence (Jarvis v16.x & Krypton v17.x) - Helly1206 - 2016-06-11

Hi gjwAudio,

(2016-06-10, 20:35)Helly1206 Wrote: #1: Which version of the repo are you using?
(2016-06-10, 21:59)gjwAudio Wrote: Repo downloaded from this link -> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Helly1206/_repo/master/hellyrepo.kodi.zip. Changelog.txt says "Version 0.2.4".
Ok, that is the correct version of the repo
(2016-06-10, 20:35)Helly1206 Wrote: Which kodi version does your special milhouse built say it is?
(2016-06-10, 21:59)gjwAudio Wrote: I'm not sure you are aware of this, so please forgive if you already know... Milhouse has been creating frequent development builds of OpenELEC until devs split from OE to fork and continue as LibreELEC.

The Milhouse LibreELEC builds are based on latest XBMC master from here (with noted modifications). This is Kodi v17. The particular build I ran this with is from Jun 05 - the complete list of mods & PRs is detailed here. Beyond that, I'm not sure how to usefully identify the build to you.
The repo is working correctly on the alpha build. Maybe something changed on the latest build or the milhouse additions. Do other repos have any issues? If you or poeple on the milhouse tread can find a cause of the repo failing to display addons, that would be helpful for me.
(2016-06-10, 20:35)Helly1206 Wrote: #2: The alpha build is using 5.11.0, test build are using 5.12.0. I'm aware of that, I don't change until a next stable build using 5.12.0.
(2016-06-10, 21:59)gjwAudio Wrote: Hmmmm... yes, a reasonable approach. I guess it sucks to be me Confused

There are a few quirks in Xonfluence I want to investigate - maybe it's the skin, or maybe something more fundamental in Kodi 17. I will try the May 01 build (last one with xbmc.gui v5.11.0) and hope for better results.
Glad you get everything working. I think that if you change the gui version in xonfluences addon.xml manually to 5.12.0, everything should work. I don't think there are any important changes in the gui, only that 5.11.0 is the test version.
(2016-06-10, 21:59)gjwAudio Wrote: Thanks again for pushing Xonfluence forward !
You're welcome.

Thanks,
Helly.

RE: Xonfluence (Jarvis v16.x & Krypton v17.x) - Thomfam - 2016-06-12

Still losing settings, can go a week and all perfect, then I can lose them three startups in a row. More likely to lose them if Kodi doesn't start properly the time before and has crashed. But some times out of the blue they disappear even without a crash. I keep a backup copy so 30 seconds later they can be reinstalled and all loads perfectly.

I use the new save settings option in Xonfluence but still manage to lose them from time to time.

Only happens on my Android Box (Minix Neo X8-H Plus). No problems on tablet or 2 PC's.

Xonfluence (Jarvis v16.x & Krypton v17.x) - ed_davidson - 2016-06-12

Is this just happening for people on Android? Or other platforms?

Sent from my iPhone

RE: Xonfluence (Jarvis v16.x & Krypton v17.x) - jmh2002 - 2016-06-12

I can't speak for Android at the moment but I do not notice it happening at random on either my Windows or iOS devices.

RE: Xonfluence (Jarvis v16.x & Krypton v17.x) - Helly1206 - 2016-06-12

(2016-06-12, 02:18)Thomfam Wrote: Still losing settings, can go a week and all perfect, then I can lose them three startups in a row. More likely to lose them if Kodi doesn't start properly the time before and has crashed. But some times out of the blue they disappear even without a crash. I keep a backup copy so 30 seconds later they can be reinstalled and all loads perfectly.

I use the new save settings option in Xonfluence but still manage to lose them from time to time.

Only happens on my Android Box (Minix Neo X8-H Plus). No problems on tablet or 2 PC's.

I'm sorry that the save settings option doesn't work. That's all I can do from a skinning point of view. I would post this to a kodi thread. Hopefully the kodi developers can find a solution for this (very annoying) issue.

Helly.

RE: Xonfluence (Jarvis v16.x & Krypton v17.x) - User 325245 - 2016-06-12

(2016-06-12, 04:32)ed_davidson Wrote: Is this just happening for people on Android? Or other platforms?

Sent from my iPhone

Yes it is happening to me on Android TV box as well....

Xonfluence (Jarvis v16.x & Krypton v17.x) - ed_davidson - 2016-06-12

That's funny because it has never happened to me and I'm messing around with the skin all the time.
I have all my friends hooked up with my build and they are able to keep it current by downloading the new build, then pulling the plug to get the settings to stick. I've used all platforms and not had this issue once.

Sent from my iPhone

RE: Xonfluence (Jarvis v16.x & Krypton v17.x) - Jr9770 - 2016-06-12

Helly,

I started using your skin today and I really like it. Great job on it!

For my movies, I've been using Media Info 3 with the "use extra thumbs" option turned on so it cycles through my fanart. It works perfectly, however for my TV library under the same view there's no way to use extra thumbs. I have a lot of extra fanart for my TV shows and I was hoping to have the thumbs cycle through the way it does for movies. Would you consider adding that option?

Thanks!

RE: Xonfluence (Jarvis v16.x & Krypton v17.x) - Thomfam - 2016-06-13

I have two android boxes, The second box (Tronsmart) has some firmware issues and I rarely use it. Both have Xonfluence on them but only the main box (Minix) loses its settings.

Thanks Helly for taking the time to respond. I use HD File Manager and have the folder that contains the settings backup "Bookmarked". I go to it and 'select' the backup file and "Copy". I also have the Xonfluence Settings folder "Bookmarked". I open the Xonfluence settings folder and "Paste', click 'Overwrite' and then Exit. I restart Kodi/SPMC and all is fine again!

I have unsuccessfully tried permanently disconnecting the attached hard drive but still lose settings. I try and ensure my box is fully is fully loaded before starting SPMC but sometimes I get a little impatient. Maybe that causes the settings to disappear?

I don't know.

But the Xonfluence skin gives me options which improves my SPMC experience so my quick backup solution works for me.

Xonfluence (Jarvis v16.x & Krypton v17.x) - ed_davidson - 2016-06-13

I'm not sure if I'm having a skin issue or OS issue, but here goes.

Sometimes on boot I get it hang on the kodi screen after the jarvis logo screen. There is no way to recover from this.
Also I have had it hang on the kodi screen. If I wait for 5 mins I get my screen saver come on. If I press okay from there the screen goes blank but I can hear the remote clicks.
I'm using Ember JARVIS edition.
Any ideas guys?

Sent from my iPhone

RE: Xonfluence (Jarvis v16.x & Krypton v17.x) - gjwAudio - 2016-06-13

Hi Helly

FYI: Not sure which was the CHICKEN... and which was the EGG, but I'm happy to report that after updating to Milhouse Testbuild #0612 last night, the Helly Repo now displays Xonfluence under Look and Feel > Skin for me.

Mystery solved = NO... Problem solved = YES Tongue

Modification Requests:

1) Audio Level Indicator:
Is it possible to adjust (and increase) the length of time we see the audio volume pop-up, when the volume level is changed ? I often fail to catch the dB level when hitting UP/DOWN on my remote control. (Thank you AGAIN for adding it back to the display Nod )

Perhaps an option in Settings, to specify number of milliseconds it will stay on the screen ?

2) Codecinfo Display:
In Krypton development, the content of this overlay has changed (and been drastically reduced) since about Feb 20, 2016. This as a result of spaghetti-code cleanup.

For the small subset of Kodi users who actually use(d) this stuff, it's a Big Deal. Many specifics of the current file or stream being played are no longer available, and trouble-shooting efforts are severely hampered. A new thread requesting/discussing what data elements should be shown (going forward) is found here.

Today... Good News: a group of video parameters was announced to be exposed from VideoPlayer to the GUI. However, skin support for this information is required.

My request Helly, is for Xonfluence to be at the front of the pack, in making this valuable resource a simple button-press away Blush Could you please re-format the Codecinfo display when the data elements are all available - it will be so great to see this stuff again !

Thank you Helly, for considering these requests.

RE: Xonfluence (Jarvis v16.x & Krypton v17.x) - jadog - 2016-06-13

Is there any way to configure this XConfluence skin so that each main menu item would be able to show a different background image? I know the skin can be configured for multi-image, but I wasn't able to find a way to assign by menu item. I think that would look really nice.

Note: For a reference of what I'm meaning, Aeon Nox has the ability to do this. See here: http://www.kodijunkie.com/custom-build/how-to-setup-multiple-scrolling-background-images/.

RE: Xonfluence (Jarvis v16.x & Krypton v17.x) - bugatsinho - 2016-06-14

hi to every1 one question AFTER THE LAST UPDATE i lost on widgets and submenu shortcuts the option of selected favorites...it was in the previous version but now is missing i have only the favorites fist page option...any ideas?
problem solved script.favorites missing
delete post