Kodi Community Forum
MediaStream, coming soon... - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: MediaStream (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=69)
+----- Thread: MediaStream, coming soon... (/showthread.php?tid=34661)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- UND3R ACHI3V3R - 2008-07-27

I'm not spamming shit honestly. I am asking a simple request as I would like to see more of what I might be using before it comes out. It really isn't too much to ask.

- MikeBeecham - 2008-07-27

ok, I guess thats fair enough....youve all waited long enough, so here's a screenie for you guys to whet your appetite with:

Now, to be fair we did have to learn how to use MS Paint in conjunction with an xml coder. We've spent a LONG time working on the above for you, and overall we're really pleased with it...I think it represents the year-long effort by many people quite well.

In terms of user interactivity, you can easily change that shade of purple to any of the basic 16 colours that are available to you free of charge....we're givers..we like to do these things for you...you can thank us later!

Also you'll notice the clock in the corner....that actually comes in both digital and analogue formats, because we already know what you want before you demand it like it's a right of yours to have something for free. Again, just because we like to give!

Also, you'll notice a subtle use of highlight lines in the actual screenshot. These are actually guides that position a very high-tech focus bar for you to use, so that you can access your media, your way, your coffee in your style, etc, etc...you get the drift.

Finally, we also included an interactive ordering slip as part of the settings screen. This is essentially another high-tech not-yet-seen bit of techno wizardry. In essence (I dont want to bore you with low level techie details), it is a simple interactive form that allows you, the user, to be able to let us (the team) know what other elements you demand for free. You see, as a team we understand how uncompromising you are. We understand that despite constant reminders that it's for free, blah blah, you'll still make demands of "i want this", "i want that" like you're ordering dinner from your moms, expecting clean laundry in your drawers upon demand etc...so we thought we would make it easy...

So, in essence, instead of spending your obviously-important useful time spamming threads with "I want this", "I want that"...you can download the skin for free upon release (at no cost to you, I might add!), play with it, test it, then let us know what is missing or how we can help improve it.

Again....it's all because we love you and we're givers. It's just how we roll!

- Jeroen - 2008-07-28

Will we be able to change that blue part to other colors though? I'd like to keep the purple. I like purple. And I like blue too. But I like dark blue better.
So if you could go ahead and make that blue a darker color blue...that would be great.

- kricker - 2008-07-28

The "season 1" text needs to move one pixel to the right.

- lankz - 2008-07-28

wow - no straight lines... now that's what i call fluid Oo

- sickboy719 - 2008-07-28

MikeBeecham Wrote:ok, I guess thats fair enough....youve all waited long enough, so here's a screenie for you guys to whet your appetite with:

That's lame.
The "Season 1" font should match the clock.

- dephyre - 2008-07-28

Ack! Sorry Mike, didn't mean to evoke the beast. Just brainstorming out loud, but I'll keep 'em to myself (for now XD ).

- UND3R ACHI3V3R - 2008-07-28

MikeBeecham Wrote:Image

Extremely mature ...

- lankz - 2008-07-28

Can we get a mspaint mock of the home screen too? Nod

- ChoccyHobNob - 2008-07-28

kricker Wrote:The "season 1" text needs to move one pixel to the right.

I like it where it is. Can we get an option to move it one pixel in the settings so the user can choose?

- MikeBeecham - 2008-07-28

UND3R ACHI3V3R Wrote:Extremely mature ...

You dont like it? You wanted screenies...it was 'only fair' that we provide them...so there you go. You are now 100% at the same experiential level of every other member of the community.

Congrats...here's a cookie!

- AaronD - 2008-07-28

MikeBeecham Wrote:ok, I guess thats fair enough....youve all waited long enough, so here's a screenie for you guys to whet your appetite with:

Now, to be fair we did have to learn how to use MS Paint in conjunction with an xml coder. We've spent a LONG time working on the above for you, and overall we're really pleased with it...I think it represents the year-long effort by many people quite well.

In terms of user interactivity, you can easily change that shade of purple to any of the basic 16 colours that are available to you free of charge....we're givers..we like to do these things for you...you can thank us later!

Also you'll notice the clock in the corner....that actually comes in both digital and analogue formats, because we already know what you want before you demand it like it's a right of yours to have something for free. Again, just because we like to give!

Also, you'll notice a subtle use of highlight lines in the actual screenshot. These are actually guides that position a very high-tech focus bar for you to use, so that you can access your media, your way, your coffee in your style, etc, etc...you get the drift.

Finally, we also included an interactive ordering slip as part of the settings screen. This is essentially another high-tech not-yet-seen bit of techno wizardry. In essence (I dont want to bore you with low level techie details), it is a simple interactive form that allows you, the user, to be able to let us (the team) know what other elements you demand for free. You see, as a team we understand how uncompromising you are. We understand that despite constant reminders that it's for free, blah blah, you'll still make demands of "i want this", "i want that" like you're ordering dinner from your moms, expecting clean laundry in your drawers upon demand etc...so we thought we would make it easy...

So, in essence, instead of spending your obviously-important useful time spamming threads with "I want this", "I want that"...you can download the skin for free upon release (at no cost to you, I might add!), play with it, test it, then let us know what is missing or how we can help improve it.

Again....it's all because we love you and we're givers. It's just how we roll!

I remember watching with interest your email some months ago as you posted a very inspiring "lets all pull together to create something amazing for the community" message. Whats happened since then?

I don't see how it can be shear weight of demands placed on you - you have largely stuck to yourselves, only surfacing every now and again to drop a tidbit of info and then following up very quickly with a scathing putdown whenever people start to get excited.

I don't know if you speak for the whole team, but a real worry when you let the pressure get to you this early in the piece! Rolleyes

- AaronD - 2008-07-28

MikeBeecham Wrote:You dont like it? You wanted screenies...it was 'only fair' that we provide them...so there you go. You are now 100% at the same experiential level of every other member of the community.

The forum content police have spoken. Please make sure your posts are suitably PC and contain a high level of platitudes and meekness in future when you make a simple request!

- UND3R ACHI3V3R - 2008-07-28

MikeBeecham Wrote:You dont like it? You wanted screenies...it was 'only fair' that we provide them...so there you go. You are now 100% at the same experiential level of every other member of the community.

Wow seriously? I mean come on. Is it really that much to ask for a little more info? In the case of skins it's usually pictures ... I am SO sorry to have pushed you to such a childish level. Maybe just my opinion, but I'm not going to waste any more time bantering back and forth over a skin I really have no information about, nor it's creators.

Thank you for the eye opening experience.

- phunqe - 2008-07-28

I don't see what the problem is.

On a generic level you can develop something in two ways:

1. Incremental development. The team make one little piece, shows it to users, users have their say, team goes back to finish the piece.
2. Don't release anything until you feel it is finished according to your goals.

There is no right or wrong method. The first one is excellent if you have a general design, but you might not be sure of certain features etc. The second one on the other hand is perfectly fine if you believe you have a clear goal and design and you are of strong belief to release a first version according to your design.

Method 2 was clearly advertised here no?

1. Having people continuously asking for progress is like having a bunch of kids in the back seat yelling "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?". Beyond comprehensive annoyment.
2. The team has a strong belief that their design is the way to go. If they would release bits and pieces all the time there would be an endless amount of thread with suggestions and whines about things. But suggestions are good? Yes, but they want to release something according to THEIR belief and design FIRST. THEN you can clearly have how many opinions you want.

On a closing note. Begin able to use sarcasm properly is actually mature. Not understanding it when it gets thrown at you when deserved is not however.