Kodi Community Forum
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=346803)

RE: What's on the horizon... PseudoTV Live Beta Blog & Discussion. - Dumyat - 2020-07-16

Installed subversion 'e', but unable to create any channels.
Well, to be clearer I was able to select 7 TV Networks, but when I pressed 'Ok' PTVL settings dialog said '0' channels selected.
Same thing when I selected 3 TV Genres and then 6 Movie Genres.

I then enabled log, restarted Kodi and did the same thing to capture everything.
I installed an update to the IPTV Client just beforehand, if that's is relevant.

Debug log attached: http://pastebin.com/Jr3aWpx0

RE: What's on the horizon... PseudoTV Live Beta Blog & Discussion. - Lunatixz - 2020-07-16

(2020-07-16, 21:18)Dumyat Wrote: Installed subversion 'e', but unable to create any channels.
Well, to be clearer I was able to select 7 TV Networks, but when I pressed 'Ok' PTVL settings dialog said '0' channels selected.
Same thing when I selected 3 TV Genres and then 6 Movie Genres.

I then enabled log, restarted Kodi and did the same thing to capture everything.
I installed an update to the IPTV Client just beforehand, if that's is relevant.

Debug log attached: http://pastebin.com/Jr3aWpx0
In PTVL settings you have channels selected under pre-defined? 
Log shows no channels configured... try to select a channel, it must register in settings to count.

pyhton:
2020-07-16 20:03:46.315 T:5232    DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1e-buildChannelList, building TV_Networks, found ['']
2020-07-16 20:03:46.315 T:5232    DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1e-buildChannelList, building TV_Genres, found ['']
2020-07-16 20:03:46.315 T:5232    DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1e-buildChannelList, building MOVIE_Genres, found ['']
2020-07-16 20:03:46.316 T:5232    DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1e-buildChannelList, building MIXED_Genres, found ['']
2020-07-16 20:03:46.316 T:5232    DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1e-buildChannelList, building MOVIE_Studios, found ['']
2020-07-16 20:03:46.316 T:5232    DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1e-buildChannelList, building TV_Shows, found ['']
2020-07-16 20:03:46.316 T:5232    DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.1.1e-buildChannelList, building MIXED_Other, found ['']

::Update::
Found the issue, pushing subversion 'f'

RE: What's on the horizon... PseudoTV Live Beta Blog & Discussion. - mwkurt - 2020-07-16

Hello again,

Unloaded PTVL Rev. D, completely and installed PTVL Rev. E. Went to make some channels, TV SHows, Networks and none were saved. When it came back to the settings menu, there were no channels enabled.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdyoyq693wgcvyi/kodi.log?dl=0

Thanks!
Mark

RE: What's on the horizon... PseudoTV Live Beta Blog & Discussion. - Dumyat - 2020-07-16

Yeah, pre-defined is what I was trying to create.
As an example, I first selected 7 TV Networks and they all highlighted yellow, which indicated they had been selected. But when I pressed 'OK' in the settings dialog, the channel count said '0'.
I'll try again in a bit, but pretty sure I'm not creating channels any differently to how I've done previously.
Will let know you how I get on.

EDIT: Just seen your update. Will try subversion 'f' in a bit.

RE: What's on the horizon... PseudoTV Live Beta Blog & Discussion. - Lunatixz - 2020-07-16

'f' might have a few issues... it contains some new code related to the upcoming "user-defined" channels... so there may be a bug or two that I missed.

(2020-07-16, 23:40)Lunatixz Wrote: 'f' might have a few issues... it contains some new code related to the upcoming "user-defined" channels... so there may be a bug or two that I missed.
Just tried it now. It's working for me, but a couple of minor observations:-
Once Channels had been built and added to guide, no channel groups available. Needed to clear both Channel and guide data and restart. Had to do this twice before they appeared.
Whilst channel switching I did actually think the channels were slightly slower at switching than before. I wasn't even going to mention it, but then saw your post so thought it might be relevant.

RE: What's on the horizon... PseudoTV Live Beta Blog & Discussion. - mwkurt - 2020-07-17

Trying to install from Pseudo TV Repository. Revision E is still the one that I am taken to.

Mark

Edit: Never mind.

RE: What's on the horizon... PseudoTV Live Beta Blog & Discussion. - psicotron3 - 2020-07-17

Good evening,

Using PVR Callback as playback method.

New version "f" still working as before. Haven't found any bug and I don't see any difference on channel change speed.

RE: What's on the horizon... PseudoTV Live Beta Blog & Discussion. - mwkurt - 2020-07-17

Hello,

Sorry to say that Rev. F still does not play the next video in Playlist mode for me. I can select the video at the current time of the EPG. When it is done playing I am returned to the EPG. Also, I can not select a video further down the time line either when the first is playing or when I try to select a video further into the future while the first video is playing.
I understand that it works for you, but not for me. Hopefully some others can try Playlist mode to see if it just my system?

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6j1yjbck4zeelow/kodi.log?dl=0

Thank you,
Mark

RE: What's on the horizon... PseudoTV Live Beta Blog & Discussion. - Dumyat - 2020-07-17

(2020-07-17, 00:57)mwkurt Wrote: I understand that it works for you, but not for me. Hopefully some others can try Playlist mode to see if it just my system?
Hi Mark,
I haven't actually tried the Playlist mode yet, but will give it go and see what results I experience.
I'll update here.

UPDATE:
Ok, I've tried out the Playlist mode and this is what I'm seeing:-
1) From the EPG Screen I can select any channel (like channel 1-10) in the EPG, but it will only play the current programme according to the guide, ie the current time is 1am and the programme has a broadcast time of 00:35-02:15Hrs, that's all I could play. If I tried to play something else on the same channel after 02:15Hrs, I would get the busy spinner for a second or two suggesting it was going to play, but then just continue with the current item.
2) If no channel is playing and I try to select a programme past the current time, ie trying to select something starting at 02:15Hrs, using the above example, this item does not start playing. Playback starts for the current programme at the current time position.
2) Whilst playing the current item on a particular channel, if I press the 'UP/Down' button on my remote, playback stops and returns to the EPG screen. 
But maybe this is the expected behaviour for playlist mode?

Not sure if this what you're also seeing, but hope the feedback helps.

RE: What's on the horizon... PseudoTV Live Beta Blog & Discussion. - Lunatixz - 2020-07-17

(2020-07-16, 22:49)mwkurt Wrote: Hello again,

Unloaded PTVL Rev. D, completely and installed PTVL Rev. E. Went to make some channels, TV SHows, Networks and none were saved. When it came back to the settings menu, there were no channels enabled.

Thanks!
Mark
You'll have to run some tests on your end... to rule out your system.

1) create your own Kodi playlist and attempt to play it... are you experiencing the same issue?

(2020-07-17, 01:23)Dumyat Wrote:
(2020-07-17, 00:57)mwkurt Wrote: I understand that it works for you, but not for me. Hopefully some others can try Playlist mode to see if it just my system?
Hi Mark,
I haven't actually tried the Playlist mode yet, but will give it go and see what results I experience.
I'll update here.

UPDATE:
1) From the EPG Screen I can select any channel (like channel 1-10) in the EPG, but it will only play the current programme according to the guide, ie the current time is 1am and the programme has a broadcast time of 00:35-02:15Hrs, that's all I could play. If I tried to play something else on the same channel after 02:15Hrs, I would get the busy spinner for a second or two suggesting it was going to play, but then just continue with the current item.
2) If no channel is playing and I try to select a programme past the current time, ie trying to select something starting at 02:15Hrs, using the above example, this item does not start playing. Playback starts for the current programme at the current time position.
2) Whilst playing the current item on a particular channel, if I press the 'UP/Down' button on my remote, playback stops and returns to the EPG screen. 

Thanks for trying it out!!!! Yes....this is exactly what I am seeing. Glad that it doesn't seem to be specific to my system. Hopefully, Lunatixz can find what the problem may be.
Thankyou Dumyat!

Mark

(2020-07-17, 01:55)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-07-16, 22:49)mwkurt Wrote: Hello again,

Thanks!
Mark
You'll have to run some tests on your end... to rule out your system.

1) create your own Kodi playlist and attempt to play it... are you experiencing the same issue?
Lunatixz,

Will try this later today but it doesn't appear to affect only me as Dumyat experiences the same behavior that I am.

Thanks,
Mark

RE: What's on the horizon... PseudoTV Live Beta Blog & Discussion. - Lunatixz - 2020-07-17

(2020-07-17, 12:16)mwkurt Wrote:
(2020-07-17, 01:23)Dumyat Wrote:
Hi Mark,
I'll update here.

UPDATE:

Thanks for trying it out!!!! Yes....this is exactly what I am seeing. Glad that it doesn't seem to be specific to my system. Hopefully, Lunatixz can find what the problem may be.
Thankyou Dumyat!

Mark

What issue exactly? the only one I'm picking up is that the attempt to change channels didn't switch and dumped you to the EPG... That sounds like a bug!

The rest describes PseudoTV running as expected. If you select anything on the EPG it will play only what's live... If you want to play from a future start time you'll need to bring up the context menu and select "play from here".

I was under the impression your bug is that the playlist never progresses and only plays a single show, then dump to EPG?

::Update::
I'm going to hold off on user-defined channels till I can resolve the playlist issues.

Next few updates will be general maintenance and any bug fixes... Please submit a log if you are encouraging any oddities. Thanks

(2020-07-17, 15:59)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-07-17, 12:16)mwkurt Wrote:
(2020-07-17, 01:23)Dumyat Wrote: PerhapsHi Mark,
I'll update here.

UPDATE:

Thankyou Dumyat!

Mark

What issue exactly? the only one I'm picking up is that the attempt to change channels didn't switch and dumped you to the EPG... That sounds like a bug!

The rest describes PseudoTV running as expected. If you select anything on the EPG it will play only what's live... If you want to play from a future start time you'll need to bring up the context menu and select "play from here".

I was under the impression your bug is that the playlist never progresses and only plays a single show, then dump to EPG?

Perhaps I did not understand how to move forward on the timeline. I was using the arrow then enter keys. I'll give the context menu a try later.

Nothing to do with changing channels. In playlist mode I select a channel in the EPG. The video at the current time in the timeline plays. The next video, on the same channel, does not play. It dumps me back to the EPG. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused you.

Thank you,
Mark