Kodi Community Forum
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=346803)

RE: What's on the horizon... PseudoTV Live Beta Blog & Discussion. - Dumyat - 2020-08-27

(2020-08-27, 17:49)ThorC1138 Wrote: should i remove and reinstall your repo?  still showing 0.2.0a if I go to update..
With the PseudoTV Repository highlighted, bring up the context menu and select 'Check For Updates'. Then press enter and it should have changed to version 0.2.0c

RE: What's on the horizon... PseudoTV Live Beta Blog & Discussion. - bsoriano - 2020-08-27

(2020-08-27, 16:14)Lunatixz Wrote: Does anyone have feedback on ease of use, setup, general intuitiveness of v.0.2.0c?

From install, autotuning... adding pre-defined, user-defined channels. Anything I can add or change to improve a neophytes understanding of the software and how to configure? 

Do any wording or descriptions need improvement? THX
@Lunatixz , 0.2.0c looks fine, install is fine.  I think the auto-tuning selections are very good.  Some initial impressions:

1. Perhaps it would be good for new users if there was a more explicit indication that some pre-defined channels are going to be created for them.

2. If you create a user-defined channel and then want to delete it, there should be a way to delete the channel without having to delete all of your user-defined channels. 

3. There should be a way, once you have established the media path for a channel, to be able to change it, starting from the media path selection that you get when you first create a channel.  I wanted to change the path for a channel from a video source to a smart playlist, and I could not find a way to go back to the media path selection (video playlists, etc.) that the addon provides when you are first creating a channel.

4. Once you create, or add channels, there should be a clear indication of what to do for them to show up in the guide and in the channels list.  I have had to restart Kodi after each change for the changes to show up.  Should I be doing something else, or should I just wait for a certain time?

5. Sometimes, in particular after making a change to or adding channels, there is a discrepancy between what you see in the channel list and what you see in the guide.  The channel list does not show a program for several channels, but the guide shows a program for those channels.  If you try to play any of the channels that do not show a program in the channel list, nothing will play.  I found that by using the addon utility to restart the iptv simple pvr client the discrepancy goes away and all channels show a program.

I will continue to test.

Regards,

Bart

RE: What's on the horizon... PseudoTV Live Beta Blog & Discussion. - Dumyat - 2020-08-27

(2020-08-27, 16:24)Dumyat Wrote:
(2020-08-27, 16:14)Lunatixz Wrote: Does anyone have feedback on ease of use, setup, general intuitiveness of v.0.2.0c?
Just about to update now. Will get back to you....
Ok, here's my feedback:-

Creating Custom Channel Groups:
I created a custom group called 'Film' with no problem. However, every time I added a new movie channel to the channel manager, when I opened the content group option I was getting a new Film Group appearing in the list each time. I added 5 movie channels in total and when I added the fifth, I had 5 groups called 'Film', although it didn't seem to matter what one I selected. The newly created group appeared in the EPG and worked fine. I didn't try creating more than one custom group, so will test that later.

Channel Building:
After I configured all my channels, I could see that channels were building from the notification at the top of screen, but they didn't appear in the EPG. Took quite a few attempts at clearing the Channel and Guide data, plus restarting Kodi before they appeared in the guide.
I also added one of my movie channels to the wrong group when creating it. Whilst I was able to edit and change the group via the channel manager very easily, it again took several attempts at clearing Channel and Guide data, plus re-starting Kodi before it was re-added to the EPG with the correct group.

One thing I noticed when creating a channel, is once you've selected the Media Path and Content Group, then pressed Ok to add the channel, the default behaviour takes you back to the first channel. The movie channels I created started at channel 35, so after I created a channel, I had to scroll down the page each time.  If you press cancel while creating a channel, the default behaviour takes you back to current position, so think this might be better option when creating a channel. Imagine if you were creating channels from 500 onwards for instance.

The default channel logos included in the white logo pack are now appearing, but unfortunately my custom channel logos are still not working when added to the logo folder.
But generally speaking, I personally found no problems regarding the ease of use, setup, general intuitiveness and think even the newest of user would have no problem navigating the menus and getting set-up.

(2020-08-27, 18:26)bsoriano Wrote: 2. If you create a user-defined channel and then want to delete it, there should be a way to delete the channel without having to delete all of your user-defined channels. 
Bart,
If you want to delete a channel after you have created it, just open up the settings, then the channel manager, then press enter on the channel number you want to delete. At the bottom, it says clear configurations. Once this is confirmed and you press OK on the main dialog, the channel disappears from the main channel list. 
Hope this helps

RE: What's on the horizon... PseudoTV Live Beta Blog & Discussion. - bsoriano - 2020-08-27

(2020-08-27, 18:44)Dumyat Wrote:
(2020-08-27, 18:26)bsoriano Wrote: 2. If you create a user-defined channel and then want to delete it, there should be a way to delete the channel without having to delete all of your user-defined channels. 
Bart,
If you want to delete a channel after you have created it, just open up the settings, then the channel manager, then press enter on the channel number you want to delete. At the bottom, it says clear configurations. Once this is confirmed and you press OK on the main dialog, the channel disappears from the main channel list. 
Hope this helps
@Dumyat , thanks! I had not tried that.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-08-27, 18:47)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-08-27, 18:44)Dumyat Wrote:  
@Dumyat , thanks! I had not tried that.
Regards,
Bart
No problem.
Also, for the first point in your feedback, check the very last paragraph on this for details of how to remove the auto-tuned channels:-
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=346803&pid=2972805#pid2972805
The option to clear the pre-defined channels is on the main settings dialog, right at the bottom.

Although, I did notice yesterday and today that I still have 1 channel remaining after clearing everything. Seems to be from the main PseudoTV Group. I think this is maybe because the channel was added to more than one group. Since it's not appearing as a pre-defined channel anymore, I only appear to be able to hide it, by selecting the channel using the PVR Group Manager

RE: What's on the horizon... PseudoTV Live Beta Blog & Discussion. - Lunatixz - 2020-08-27

(2020-08-27, 18:36)Dumyat Wrote:
(2020-08-27, 16:24)Dumyat Wrote:
Just about to update now. Will get back to you....
Ok, here's my feedback:-

Creating Custom Channel Groups:
I created a custom group called 'Film' with no problem. However, every time I added a new movie channel to the channel manager, when I opened the content group option I was getting a new Film Group appearing in the list each time. I added 5 movie channels in total and when I added the fifth, I had 5 groups called 'Film', although it didn't seem to matter what one I selected. The newly created group appeared in the EPG and worked fine. I didn't try creating more than one custom group, so will test that later.

Channel Building:
After I configured all my channels, I could see that channels were building from the notification at the top of screen, but they didn't appear in the EPG. Took quite a few attempts at clearing the Channel and Guide data, plus restarting Kodi before they appeared in the guide.
I also added one of my movie channels to the wrong group when creating it. Whilst I was able to edit and change the group via the channel manager very easily, it again took several attempts at clearing Channel and Guide data, plus re-starting Kodi before it was re-added to the EPG with the correct group.

One thing I noticed when creating a channel, is once you've selected the Media Path and Content Group, then pressed Ok to add the channel, the default behaviour takes you back to the first channel. The movie channels I created started at channel 35, so after I created a channel, I had to scroll down the page each time.  If you press cancel while creating a channel, the default behaviour takes you back to current position, so think this might be better option when creating a channel. Imagine if you were creating channels from 500 onwards for instance.

The default channel logos included in the white logo pack are now appearing, but unfortunately my custom channel logos are still not working when added to the logo folder.
But generally speaking, I personally found no problems regarding the ease of use, setup, general intuitiveness and think even the newest of user would have no problem navigating the menus and getting set-up.
Creating Custom Channel Groups: FIXED, THX

Channel Building: Not a bug, IPTV simple sometimes takes longer to detect changes... It should detect on its own within 5-10mins. Clearing guide data actually delays the process, since now instead of parsing only changes, you are requesting to parse everything.

"default behaviour takes you back to the first channel": FIXED, THX

Custom logos, be sure to place them in the correct folder... you might have missed the changelog where the folder moved to cache/logos. They are case-sensitive and must be *.png format.

Thanks for the feedback, all fixes will be pushed tonight in v.0.2.0d

(2020-08-27, 19:21)Lunatixz Wrote: Custom logos, be sure to place them in the correct folder... you might have missed the changelog where the folder moved to cache/logos. They are case-sensitive and must be *.png format.
Thanks. Indeed, I had missed the changelog. Just tried new location with a couple of custom logos and everything working now! Smile
I know I've mentioned previously about the logo's not appearing on the OSD. I did some more digging around for info last week. Player.icon is used on the Estuary OSD and for that label, thumb images take precedence over the icon image. I think that's why the channel logo only appears momentarily when switching channel.
Maybe you could do a quick test on your development build at some point and exclude thumb images from the xmltv file data for the PTVL channels. I suspect the OSD might then show the channel logo.....

(2020-08-27, 00:35)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-08-27, 00:30)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-08-27, 00:26)Lunatixz Wrote: Screenshot?
Here it is:

Regards,

Bart
I'll include a fix in the next update.
@Lunatixz , this is fixed with 0.2.0c, thank you.

Regards,

Bart

RE: What's on the horizon... PseudoTV Live Beta Blog & Discussion. - Lunatixz - 2020-08-27

(2020-08-27, 18:26)bsoriano Wrote:

From install, autotuning... adding pre-defined, user-defined channels. Anything I can add or change to improve a neophytes understanding of the software and how to configure? 

@Lunatixz , 0.2.0c looks fine, install is fine.  I think the auto-tuning selections are very good.  Some initial impressions:

1. Perhaps it would be good for new users if there was a more explicit indication that some pre-defined channels are going to be created for them.

2. If you create a user-defined channel and then want to delete it, there should be a way to delete the channel without having to delete all of your user-defined channels. 

3. There should be a way, once you have established the media path for a channel, to be able to change it, starting from the media path selection that you get when you first create a channel.  I wanted to change the path for a channel from a video source to a smart playlist, and I could not find a way to go back to the media path selection (video playlists, etc.) that the addon provides when you are first creating a channel.

4. Once you create, or add channels, there should be a clear indication of what to do for them to show up in the guide and in the channels list.  I have had to restart Kodi after each change for the changes to show up.  Should I be doing something else, or should I just wait for a certain time?

5. Sometimes, in particular after making a change to or adding channels, there is a discrepancy between what you see in the channel list and what you see in the guide.  The channel list does not show a program for several channels, but the guide shows a program for those channels.  If you try to play any of the channels that do not show a program in the channel list, nothing will play.  I found that by using the addon utility to restart the iptv simple pvr client the discrepancy goes away and all channels show a program.

I will continue to test.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for the feedback,

1. Something like an "OK" prompt? "Welcome to PseudoTV Live, I'm about to create a few channels for you..." something like that?

2. Hmmm, It couldn't hurt to add a button somewhere... currently you'd have to enter the channels configurations and click "clear configuration", "ok"... I'll think about this one Smile

3. I'll review the issue... ::UPDATE:: I believe the issue is key mapping, you can go back using the backspace on a keyboard... Doesn't appear as easy with a remote. I'll add the ability to back up using whichever button is mapped to the "Previous" keymap.

4. I agree, however, we don't want to nag users... I'll work on a noob prompt system, something that will notify users for the first few days of usage... then stop. THX

5. PseudoTV Live is dependent on IPTV simple syncing lists... I understand there is a need to see results, however... changes in PseudoTV Live won't always instantly show in IPTV simple. There may be a 5-10min delay. If you try to force the issue by clearing data, guide data, etc... sometimes you end up doing more harm. This may not be your case, I've found if you trust the two systems to work, they will... Even if you've left Kodi unused for weeks, on load the guide will be blank, but once everything startups the guide will fill correctly. No intervention needed. If this problem persists for you even after letting PseudoTV handle everything, I'll need to review your logs. BTW its also recommend you use the example LiveTV configuration posted in the OP while debugging. If you deviate from those guidelines it's on the user to debug. I have not had time to test all configurations...

pushed v.0.2.0d

(2020-08-27, 21:27)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2020-08-27, 18:26)bsoriano Wrote:

I will continue to test.

Regards,

Bart
Thanks for the feedback,

1. Something like an "OK" prompt? "Welcome to PseudoTV Live, I'm about to create a few channels for you..." something like that?

2. Hmmm, It couldn't hurt to add a button somewhere... currently you'd have to enter the channels configurations and click "clear configuration", "ok"... I'll think about this one Smile

3. I'll review the issue... ::UPDATE:: I believe the issue is key mapping, you can go back using the backspace on a keyboard... Doesn't appear as easy with a remote. I'll add the ability to back up using whichever button is mapped to the "Previous" keymap.

4. I agree, however, we don't want to nag users... I'll work on a noob prompt system, something that will notify users for the first few days of usage... then stop. THX

5. PseudoTV Live is dependent on IPTV simple syncing lists... I understand there is a need to see results, however... changes in PseudoTV Live won't always instantly show in IPTV simple. There may be a 5-10min delay. If you try to force the issue by clearing data, guide data, etc... sometimes you end up doing more harm. This may not be your case, I've found if you trust the two systems to work, they will... Even if you've left Kodi unused for weeks, on load the guide will be blank, but once everything startups the guide will fill correctly. No intervention needed. If this problem persists for you even after letting PseudoTV handle everything, I'll need to review your logs. BTW its also recommend you use the example LiveTV configuration posted in the OP while debugging. If you deviate from those guidelines it's on the user to debug. I have not had time to test all configurations...
@Lunatixz , thanks for your answers.

1. Yes, I think an OK prompt would be great.

2. Thanks for looking into this.  Thanks to @Dumyat for pointing out to me the "Clear configurations" option.

3. Thanks.

4. Makes sense, thanks.

5. Understood.  I have my PVR configured exactly as posted in the thread.  I think I was just not waiting enough time for the sync to happen correctly.

Regards,

Bart

(2020-08-27, 23:35)Lunatixz Wrote: pushed v.0.2.0d
@Lunatixz , just updated.  I think the initial prompt is perfect for auto-tune.  I also found that in this version (I started from scratch) all the channels have correct guide data (none are empty), and also when I added user-defined channels and forced IPTV simple to reload, all the new channels showed up properly in the guide and channel list.  Great job! Smile Thanks for this new version.

Regards,

Bart

RE: What's on the horizon... PseudoTV Live Beta Blog & Discussion. - Lunatixz - 2020-08-30

(2020-08-27, 23:53)bsoriano Wrote:
(2020-08-27, 23:35)Lunatixz Wrote: pushed v.0.2.0d
@Lunatixz , just updated.  I think the initial prompt is perfect for auto-tune.  I also found that in this version (I started from scratch) all the channels have correct guide data (none are empty), and also when I added user-defined channels and forced IPTV simple to reload, all the new channels showed up properly in the guide and channel list.  Great job! Smile Thanks for this new version.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks, if someone can start building a few custom channels using as many Kodi sources as you can I'd appreciate it... would like a confirmation that everything is working correctly before adding Advanced rules.

v.0.2.1 Includes Dynamic Seasonal Channel, check changelog for details...

RE: What's on the horizon... PseudoTV Live Beta Blog & Discussion. - darnellt0 - 2020-09-01

@Lunatixz, using 0.2.0d I used the following addons to create channels with only minor hiccups but ultimately everything worked as expected with the exception of a youtube channel which showed the same listings on the channel immediately following it (I will create some additional youtube channels to test further and upload log if I can replicate issue):
amazon, buzz live, charge! TV live, comet tv live, cooking channel, court tv live, disney+, food network, hgtv, Netflix, popcorn fix, wabc, wnbc

Charge TV! wouldn't load it just stayed on the channel that it was on. I had to turn to another channel and then tune into the charge tv channel in order for it to come up.

On a disney channel the movie started from the beginning even though the counter said it was playing at 37:40. 

I added some Netflix shows to my library, but those failed to play(not sure if you want a log for this)

Overall everything is working great