Kodi Community Forum
Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+----- Forum: PseudoTV / PseudoTV Live (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231)
+----- Thread: Information PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=346803)

RE: PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion - Xoxez - 2023-01-04

Also sorry for all the posts but is there a way to have my channel bug logos not dim when they appear on the screen?

When it appears it shows up in full color which I want but then it dims to where I can hardly see it which misses the purpose of having it. It is a transparent png if that helps.

I have it on indefinite instead of random which did help it not go away but if I go to the guide or hit down on the remote for the description the logo goes away for a bit so I would also like it to always stay.

I tried searching the settings a bunch of times and couldn't find a way to fix these issues. If this is on everyone's side for now, let me know if anyone can.

Thanks

PTVL LIVE auto scanning and populating won't STOP. How to stop it. - Merc33 - 2023-01-06

Question about PTVL - Why does PTVL always reload and refresh when I restart Kodi. I noticed SimpleIPTV addon always trying to reload the channels. It says Updating channels

When PTVL updates and tries to restart or repopulate channels DOES IT cause my Hard drive to over work itself. Is the hard drive  constently being scanned?

Why does it keep populating upon bootup when all my channels don't need rescanning? The files are not being updated and the playlists it makes I never adjust..

I remember original PsuedtoTVl would just load your channels. Simple and to the point. Why does PTVL always try to reload?

Can I turn off any settings in IPTV manager or SimpleIPTV or System>TV settings> or PTVVL settings to tell the program to STOP scanning upon bootup.

i don't mind if it does a quick scan and update on the channels, but it seems every time it wants to a full repopulate or rescan. I auto populate is extenstive and I did trim it down but it is still doing this long scan upon bootup.

Any ideas to disable the constant auto checking?

Thanks again for your awesome hard work!

RE: PTVL LIVE auto scanning and populating won't STOP. How to stop it. - Lunatixz - 2023-01-07

(2023-01-06, 19:03)Merc33 Wrote: Question about PTVL - Why does PTVL always reload and refresh when I restart Kodi. I noticed SimpleIPTV addon always trying to reload the channels. It says Updating channels

When PTVL updates and tries to restart or repopulate channels DOES IT cause my Hard drive to over work itself. Is the hard drive  constently being scanned?

Why does it keep populating upon bootup when all my channels don't need rescanning? The files are not being updated and the playlists it makes I never adjust..

I remember original PsuedtoTVl would just load your channels. Simple and to the point. Why does PTVL always try to reload?

Can I turn off any settings in IPTV manager or SimpleIPTV or System>TV settings> or PTVVL settings to tell the program to STOP scanning upon bootup.

i don't mind if it does a quick scan and update on the channels, but it seems every time it wants to a full repopulate or rescan. I auto populate is extenstive and I did trim it down but it is still doing this long scan upon bootup.

Any ideas to disable the constant auto checking?

Thanks again for your awesome hard work!

All of Kodi's PVR addons update during startup... I don't recall a way to disable it. IPTV simple for example will always load from the m3u/xmltv.

At startup PTVL will check for any changes and only build/update a channel if required. If you find a channel always updating, it is usually due to your configuration. For example; if you are setup for 3-days of guidedata and your channel only has 1-day worth of media. PTVL will always update your channel in-order to fill the required 3-days.

PTVL is optimized for users with large media collections that run Kodi regularly. If you have 3-days of PTVL guidedata and only run Kodi every four days you'll also see PTVL updating at every startup.

The original PseudoTV would load/build/update with each launch way slower and more time consuming; whereas the PseudoTV Live only loads once at startup and self updates in the background when needed. PTVL does not force updates, nor always reload at startup. It simply builds/updates channels as configured. The goal is to never leave the user with an empty EPG.

Thanks for the support; I'm currently working on a major update in order to move away from channel configurations via Kodi and move over to network accessible webforms.

RE: PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion - mrdally204 - 2023-01-07

I appear to have set off a false alarm here. While I was having difficulty utilizing PTVL channels following the update to 19.5, everything seems to be working as expected when I tried again today. I'm not sure what changed, but it's working.

RE: PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion - RelentlessEffort - 2023-01-17

PseudoTV just crashed while playing giving the following message:
Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    kodi.exe
  Application Version:    19.1.0.0
  Application Timestamp:    63a6d341
  Fault Module Name:    ucrtbase.DLL
  Fault Module Version:    10.0.10586.9
  Fault Module Timestamp:    5642c48d
  Exception Code:    40000015
  Exception Offset:    000000000006990f
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    3081
  Additional Information 1:    1801
  Additional Information 2:    180167038c46661d1ea936eeffc73974
  Additional Information 3:    82b7
  Additional Information 4:    82b7dfcc0daabc7710a30b06c25e37f3
I just pasted the last part of the log because it was too large to save and the log file was erased when i re-opened kodi, check the rebuild thread if you want to see system info and initialization stuff.
https://paste.kodi.tv/ukezoquwob

RE: PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion - RelentlessEffort - 2023-01-18

I think my Kodi install was broken, I updated to 19.5 but still left the old version installed. That crash log shows 19.1 when I wasn't using that version, I overwrote both versions now.

RE: PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion - RelentlessEffort - 2023-01-18

I'm having a lot of issues with this add-on, it seems like PseudoTV is modifying/storing settings within kodi itself. I'm not sure how, but it always remembers the setting "hide channel groups" in the guide even though I have fully uninstalled PTV dependants, PTV itself and reinstalled, the same problems persist on a fresh install.
I removed all disabled/orphaned add-ons, updated everything to the newest version and the problems seemed to get worse.
After watching 2 shows the ITV client crashed and was stuck in a loop trying to refresh the kodi main menu infinitely, my log is constantly spammed with the following
Code:
2023-01-18 20:25:30.568 T:5672    ERROR <CSettingInt>: error reading <control> tag of "DIFFUSE_LOGO"
2023-01-18 20:25:30.568 T:5672  WARNING <CSettingGroup>: unable to read setting "DIFFUSE_LOGO"
which causes the filesize to go well above 1mb and the log uploader won't upload larger logs.
I didn't seem to have this issue before installing PseudoTV, I'm not sure if this is an image used by the addon..
script.metadata.editor\service.py seemed to cause a shutdown and stuck loop, which also caused plugin.video.pseudotv.live\service.py to crash with a possible memory leak.
I'm getting threading errors and problems reading the guide, channels don't build correctly (blank slots in the guide) and some shows have never populated to the guide despite being playable in the library.
I have no idea what is wrong here, I'm close to fully uninstalling kodi, doing a backup/deleting the appdata folder and trying to do a clean install, re-adding all my addons, skins and shortcuts because I'm having so many problems using this plugin.
Here's some of the log file from about the point I saw unusual errors leading to crashes
https://paste.kodi.tv/mijufahunu

RE: PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion - Lunatixz - 2023-01-18

(2023-01-18, 15:57)RelentlessEffort Wrote: I'm having a lot of issues with this add-on, it seems like PseudoTV is modifying/storing settings within kodi itself. I'm not sure how, but it always remembers the setting "hide channel groups" in the guide even though I have fully uninstalled PTV dependants, PTV itself and reinstalled, the same problems persist on a fresh install.
I removed all disabled/orphaned add-ons, updated everything to the newest version and the problems seemed to get worse.
After watching 2 shows the ITV client crashed and was stuck in a loop trying to refresh the kodi main menu infinitely, my log is constantly spammed with the following

Code:
2023-01-18 20:25:30.568 T:5672    ERROR <CSettingInt>: error reading <control> tag of "DIFFUSE_LOGO"
2023-01-18 20:25:30.568 T:5672  WARNING <CSettingGroup>: unable to read setting "DIFFUSE_LOGO"
which causes the filesize to go well above 1mb and the log uploader won't upload larger logs.
I didn't seem to have this issue before installing PseudoTV, I'm not sure if this is an image used by the addon..
script.metadata.editor\service.py seemed to cause a shutdown and stuck loop, which also caused plugin.video.pseudotv.live\service.py to crash with a possible memory leak.
I'm getting threading errors and problems reading the guide, channels don't build correctly (blank slots in the guide) and some shows have never populated to the guide despite being playable in the library.
I have no idea what is wrong here, I'm close to fully uninstalling kodi, doing a backup/deleting the appdata folder and trying to do a clean install, re-adding all my addons, skins and shortcuts because I'm having so many problems using this plugin.
Here's some of the log file from about the point I saw unusual errors leading to crashes
https://paste.kodi.tv/mijufahunu

PseudoTV Live does not set/use "hide channel groups". It only sets a few IPTV Simple settings that are necessary for PseudoTV Live to work. For example, m3u/xmltv paths. These settings are only changed after a user prompt or after a users disables the prompts in settings. PTVL will not force a settings change otherwise.

As for your log; yes if you enable "Debugging" your log size will grow and may be spammed. Debugging is only meant for just that... debug an issue... otherwise please leave it disabled.

There are many reasons why Kodi can crash; I'm not aware of any issues currently that are connected to PseudoTV Live.

I doubt your issues are related to PseudoTV Live and if they were simply uninstalling the plugin would stop any crashes if it were the cause.

Your log is a snippet I would require a full log, it also has no debug references. Please enable debugging in both Kodi and PseudoTV.

The DIFFUSE_LOG entry is a benign log entry. It does not effect Kodi or its operation.

RE: PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion - RelentlessEffort - 2023-01-19

Thanks for the reply, I thought I had enabled debugging to give you relevant information, I will check again this afternoon.

Is it normal behaviour for this add-on to add blank spaces in the guide? Or to populate varying amounts of content instead of filling the guide? I was under the suspicion that errors parsing Json data (in some of the logs I posted in this subforum) were responsible..

I have noticed the character [/B] displayed in the guide in the left pane under video preview. Is this an error with PTV or ITV?

Uninstalling did stop the crashes, because there was no more PVR to use.

I modify my library frequently and I have seen issues detecting library changes, recognising NFO information for custom channels and issues communicating channel information to ITV (building channels).

Please consider looking into this when you can, I will help with any logs I have

RE: PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion - RelentlessEffort - 2023-01-19

Ok I had the wrong log enabled in kodi, now there is more detailed information. I will explain the issue as best I can.
Internet is d/c. I opened Kodi, waited for PTV to finish updating channels, then open PTV which displays the guide via ITV. There is missing entries from 3x channels (see picture). I highlight one of the channels with blank entries, take screenshot, select the channel, kodi dims screen and displays "Loading..." at bottom, 2 notifications are on loop, something to the effect of "starting ITV client" and "restarting ITV client.. something went wrong please wait.." I rapidly press b/back button to escape menu and quit kodi.
Checking the log, messages which concern me are as follows
runtime error for logos (I think I tried this in settings and decided to just use my own)

Code:
'resource.images.pseudotv.logos'.
2023-01-19 17:25:36.554 T:3804    ERROR <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.3.8-globals: getPluginMeta, Failed! Unknown addon id 'resource.images.pseudotv.logos'.
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "C:\Users\Sim\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.pseudotv.live\resources\lib\globals.py", line 668, in getPluginMeta
                                                       pluginID = xbmcaddon.Addon(id)
                                                   RuntimeError: Unknown addon id 'resource.images.pseudotv.logos'.

JSONRPC: Failed to parse (there are many of these)

Code:
2023-01-19 17:26:16.445 T:6072    ERROR <general>: JSONRPC: Failed to parse '{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Files.GetFileDetails","params":{"file":"E:\Kodi\TV\My Strange Addiction\Season 1\S01E01.mp4","media":"video","properties":["streamdetails"]},"id":1}'
PLAYCHANNEL_ATTEMPT_COUNT > 1

Code:
2023-01-19 17:50:40.590 T:3000    DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.3.8-Settings: setCacheSetting, key = PLAYCHANNEL_ATTEMPT_COUNT, value = 3
2023-01-19 17:50:40.590 T:3000    DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.3.8-Cache: set, name = plugin.video.pseudotv.live.PLAYCHANNEL_ATTEMPT_COUNT, checksum = 333030332e416e696d616c506c616e65@PseudoTVLive
2023-01-19 17:50:40.708 T:3000    DEBUG <general>: plugin.video.pseudotv.live-0.3.8-Cache: get, name = plugin.video.pseudotv.live.plugin.matchchannel.animalplanet 

Picture

Here is the full log:
https://file.io/KwrLUM83toXg

RE: PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion - Lunatixz - 2023-01-19

(2023-01-19, 09:06)RelentlessEffort Wrote: Thanks for the reply, I thought I had enabled debugging to give you relevant information, I will check again this afternoon.

Is it normal behaviour for this add-on to add blank spaces in the guide? Or to populate varying amounts of content instead of filling the guide? I was under the suspicion that errors parsing Json data (in some of the logs I posted in this subforum) were responsible..

I have noticed the character [/B] displayed in the guide in the left pane under video preview. Is this an error with PTV or ITV?

I modify my library frequently and I have seen issues detecting library changes, recognising NFO information for custom channels and issues communicating channel information to ITV (building channels).

Please consider looking into this when you can, I will help with any logs I have
Please read the project Readme you'll find answers to common questions there.

If you need help with a specific issue I'll need a full log, thx

RE: PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion - RelentlessEffort - 2023-01-20

(2023-01-19, 17:08)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2023-01-19, 09:06)RelentlessEffort Wrote: Thanks for the reply, I thought I had enabled debugging to give you relevant information, I will check again this afternoon.

log:
https://file.io/KwrLUM83toXg

RE: PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion - RelentlessEffort - 2023-01-20

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=346803&pid=3133393#pid3133393

RE: PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion - RelentlessEffort - 2023-01-21

Ok, so after much trial and error the problem became increasingly worse to the point of only 2/18 autotune channels with content.
My steps to remedy this were uninstalling PTVL, ITV manager and ITV, then removing my video sources in Kodi, making sure to remove from library too, re-importing those sources then reinstalling PTVL which seems to populate the guide again.
I will report back if this issue persists in a few days.

Another issue was during channel building (after selecting autotune channels) the % counter would only complete 100% on some channels. The channels which partially completed before skipping had also partially populated the guide.

Was this an issue with Kodi or PTVL? Soon I will find out.

See previous comments for full log

RE: PseudoTV Live Beta Blog, Support & Discussion - RelentlessEffort - 2023-01-21

After some more testing, a Kodi database issue was to blame for missing shows from within a genre, I renamed the folder location of my video source and re-imported, did a library clean and this issue was resolved.
I am still experiencing the following issues:
1. Channels built will leave empty guide entries and crash when attempting to play those entries. 
2. Channels will skip while building before reaching 100% and this seems to reflect how much content is populated to the channel before blank entries are seen.
3. Playlists of shows will only play episodes from the first show entry when added as custom channels (eg. if you select a playlist with American Dad, Family Guy, etc. the only episodes played will be from American Dad).

How is the pagination setting used in PTVL? I increased it to max assuming it would pull more entries from the database to populate the guide, but this was not the case for all channels. It caused channels to build much slower and would skip most channels before reaching 100% built, but after modifying the PVR settings to 0 previous days and 2 future days, some channels have now populated the guide completely.
To give some clarification, the remaining channels with blank entries have limited content, does this explain the missing entries? If I have one channel with a single episode, instead of repeating the episode it only plays once and then Kodi crashes?
Now I feel like I have an explanation for the issues I've been experiencing, if this is the case, could you please create a setting to repeat content until the guide is filled? This would've made a lot more sense to me and prevents crashes.

I assume the 3rd issue is explained by shows playing through in alphabetical order (in my playlist random order is selected but only applies to episodes in PTVL)